• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon Stadium

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Pokémon Stadium

Pok?mon Stadium
    Pok?mon Stadium
    Pok?mon Stadium

So, have any of you played any of the Pokémon Stadium games on the Nintendo 64? If so, what are your opinions on them?

I think it's a fun distraction for a couple hours, and it's fun watching people who have no idea how to play pokémon stream the games. That tends to happen a lot.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2017
    I loved the N64 games and the new Battle revolution in the 4th gen as well. I even downloaded a save file that had every pokemon in the box with proper evs, ivs and moveset to get a more stadium like feel. They were fun and the graphics were really great at the time. Although I don't think a game like that would come out now cause x/y already has superb graphics and amazing features.

Years
    I played Stadium 1 and 2 on emulators; it's a game that I was really curious about, so I grabbed some ROMs installed copies on Daedalusx64 and played through them. It gets a bit repetitive after a while, but I think the visuals of the games are what makes this spin-off series really stand out. The battle cinematics are comparable even to X and Y and ORAS. Stadium is great for pick-up-and-play though. I could only imagine what it was like back then seeing those graphics after playing the 1st/2nd Gen games.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    I played Stadium 1 and 2 on emulators; it's a game that I was really curious about, so I grabbed some ROMs installed copies on Daedalusx64 and played through them. It gets a bit repetitive after a while, but I think the visuals of the games are what makes this spin-off series really stand out. The battle cinematics are comparable even to X and Y and ORAS. Stadium is great for pick-up-and-play though. I could only imagine what it was like back then seeing those graphics after playing the 1st/2nd Gen games.

This basically summarizes what I want to say about the Stadium games, haha. even the part about roms... Whoops, pretend you didn't see that. xD

But still, the graphics alone are what drew me into these games back then, and I have to acknowledge that the 3D battles felt like a fresh, exciting experience, especially after years of doing many 2D Pokémon battles. ^^

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Yeah, the games are kinda obsolete now that Gen 6 is a thing, aren't they?

I do wish they'd make another one with all the new pokémon just so we can see all of them in glorious 720p / whatever the NX is gonna have.

Back