• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poke' Essentials Battle Animation Archive

Maxedg8s

Revisiting...
Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    Poke' Essentials Battle Animation Project

Hey there, Maxedg8s here.

For some of you that use Poccil's Pokemon Essentials, you might have or have not used any battle animations in your fan games.

Luckily Poke' Essentials can import animations in the Animation Editor via editor.exe. :)

I've been experimenting on some attack sprites; I should have some good animations in the near future.

How to import animations:

1. First Download the .zip file to anywhere. (If you have a software like 7-zip or something else, skip to step 2)
    2.The zip comes with 2 files, and maybe some sound files. The .anm file and the animation bitmap.
    3. Extract the .anm file to the game file. (Example: Growl_Hero.anm) IT CANNOT BE PUT ANYWHERE ELSE.
    4. Open up RMXP and import the animation bitmap (Example: Growl DP.png).
    5. Now, either open up the debug menu from playtest or the editor.exe.
    6. Open up the Animation editor -> More Commands -> Import Animation.
    7. The .anm file should be on that list, simply open it.
    8. Check to see if its the right animation and bitmap. Play the animation just to make sure.
    9. Save and see the animation in action! :cer_boogie:

FAQ:

How does this help when making a game?
    - It gives the game more life than crappy effects... -_-

How do you make these?
    - I spend hours making it, perfecting it, then Export the animation. With the animation, I add the animation bitmap.

I'm having trouble importing.
    - Make sure you are using Poccil's Pokemon Essentials. If there's any more problems, PM me.

Can I edit the animation in any way?
    - Sure! I often make mistakes so go ahead. :)

For the move Growl, do I add the SE Pokemon Cry?
    - Err, no. Add a pokemon cry to the animation and every pkmn will use growl the same way. (Ex: A Pikachu Cry in the growl animation results for a onix growling like a pikachu.)

Have you tried the Status Up or Status Down effect?
    - Working on it. (>'_')>

Can anyone submit a better version of a move?
    - Sure! If you can make a better effect and like to share it, post it. That was another reason that I made this thread. :cer_boogie:

Is there a limit on frames for a animation?
    - 200 frames.

Any more questions, PM me.

LOOK HERE!

The project is open for anyone to take over. I cant uphold it after having the constant errors and corrupting files.

Support the project?

bannerfans4085946.png

-Maxedg8s

Last edited:

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    I think it was a good idea. I think more people would download it if they saw how it looked. Maybe provide a video or animation for it?

Maxedg8s

Revisiting...
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    I think it was a good idea. I think more people would download it if they saw how it looked. Maybe provide a video or animation for it?

Ah, never thought of it. I need to make some more animations then make a video. :/

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
    Years
    • Age 36
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    personally, this is an awesome. i kinda wanted to start something like this awhile ago, but never got around to it. i have a few in my 4shared account (link in sig) that you can add here.

Shikamaru88

Back dont know if I will stay.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Way to go for stealing Kyledove's private battle background. Why don't you read what he posts first before using it, and don't get me even started on Raptor's battle menu. I would be a too big of a coincidence that it looks so alike.

well first of all i dont think he stole anything, the raptor battle menu script was never released to the public(Atleast to my knowledge) 2nd hes just trying to show off animations which look awesome man i wish you kids would stfu and mind your own business this obviously isnt a project he's working on... maybe im wrong but you just accused him n bashed him with not much evidence but a simple video maybe try asking questions before you jump to conclusions... God it makes me so pissed when ppl do what you do....

If you dont have anything to say about the topic at hand then keep your comments to yourself....

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • well first of all i dont think he stole anything, the raptor battle menu script was never released to the public(Atleast to my knowledge) 2nd hes just trying to show off animations which look awesome man i wish you kids would stfu and mind your own business this obviously isnt a project he's working on... maybe im wrong but you just accused him n bashed him with not much evidence but a simple video maybe try asking questions before you jump to conclusions... God it makes me so pissed when ppl do what you do....

If you don't have anything to say about the topic at hand then keep your comments to yourself....

Now before we start mindlessly bashing each other with words, I'd like to know what your major malfunction is. Obviously you are ignorant in a way and are extremely slow on catching up on simple details. The whole Pokemon Raptor game was released to the public, the little detail was - it wasn't encrypted. But O.G. stated that he doesn't want people to take advantage of that. Now...unfortunately for you, I do have proof and it is in this little spoiler below.
    Spoiler:

This is for the Raptor battle system (which has been minorly changed, but I thinks it's still obvious). For Kyledove's backgrounds click this (and read the comments below)
    Now...unlike you, I am not dumb, and am also organized, and always have proof when I'm accusing someone. So please, don't try to get into a conflict with me, because you'll end up making yourself look stupid, and I'm sure you don't want that.

My point still stands, and his contents are stolen (even with the minor graphics change). You are right on one point though: I have nothing to contribute here and therefore I'll leave, but I will look out for people trying to steal anything from Raptor, since O.G. put a lot of hard time into it.
    Next time......think first.

Last edited:

Sky
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    Well, help-14 can't online now, and he want to offer an apology to everyone.
    Tomorrow, he will apologize to kyle, O.G and everyone.

About battle screen he got the idea from Raptor. That is really not good. :\
    And Battle backgrounds of kyledove, as you said "Why don't you read what he posts first before using it" He didn't read it. He told me that he will remove them now and I hope everyone can forgive about his carelessness.

Anyway I like his Blizzard and that is the main content of his post. :D

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Well, help-14 can't online now, and he want to offer an apology to everyone.
    Tomorrow, he will apologize to kyle, O.G and everyone.

About battle screen he got the idea from Raptor. That is really not good. :\
    And Battle backgrounds of kyledove, as you said "Why don't you read what he posts first before using it" He didn't read it. He told me that he will remove them now and I hope everyone can forgive about his carelessness.

Anyway I like his Blizzard and that is the main content of his post. :D

I think we all appreciate that he saw the comments and taken them into account. As for the real animations, all of them are extremely good, and look very professional. I like Sheer Cold the most. Sorry I went bizarre but taking someone else's work is not really tolerable. Again, thank you for resolving that.

Maxedg8s

Revisiting...
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    Alrighty, back from vacation!
    (Kinda late, isn't it? LOL xD)

@ Help: This is mighty impressive. What I haven't thought of is making a larger animation to cover the field, so I give you Kudos. I'm not even on making SE's for animations.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
  • This is an amazing project, and I fully support it. Battle Animations have been a pain to me in the past, so I've been putting them off for a while. Any and all people who contribute moves will be credited in Mewtwo Strikes Back! :)

EDIT: Yeah, still having the problem I used to have. I can save things in Editor.exe, and they'll work all fine and dandy until I close the program. When I restart it, things are reverted. Anyone know why?

Last edited:

Maxedg8s

Revisiting...
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    @ Meowth: Can you be a tiny bit more specific when you say "reverted"?

Shikamaru88

Back dont know if I will stay.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Now...unlike you, I am not dumb, and am also organized, and always have proof when I'm accusing someone. So please, don't try to get into a conflict with me, because you'll end up making yourself look stupid, and I'm sure you don't want that.

Lol your amusing that you think you could possibly make me look stupid... I never said the contents werent stolen(I said i didnt think, which means i wasn't sure) if you read my post its quite clear about that. And it was quite obvious he stole the meterial so what would pointing that out in this post accomplish? Nothing that PMing him couldnt accomplish, but instead you flame and bash him publicly making him feel bad n like an idiot. Now dont get me wrong i dont like stealing either but there are nicer was to ask some1 simply return what they have taken. Besides Im on a forum about pokemon so I really couldnt care less about what anyone thinks about me. This is just my hobby not my profession. All i was saying there are better ways to slove the problem... he was helpful to people trying to get a nice catapiller script as a NEW member, we should treat NEW members with some respect, he's NEW maybe he didnt know that he couldnt use the meterials(Which is obviously a Fact). Whatever this is pointless I just dont like you arrogant kids when you take this stuff too serious n lost respect for others.

In other news yes the blizzard looks amazing i'll be using it...

Danno

Years
  • @ Meowth: Can you be a tiny bit more specific when you say "reverted"?

Uh... thats pretty much exactly what it is. Like, Ill go in to edit something. Say I have it named EXAMPLE1 before messing with it. I can edit it, change it to EXAMPLE2, import over it, etc etc

Save, and itll be there if I go back into the editor. Unless I close the program. Then BAM! Its back to EXAMPLE1, exactly how it was before editing. Everything else works, I setup my trainers, metadata, etc etc through there all the time.

Maxedg8s

Revisiting...
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    Odd.

Most things don't work over editor.exe or from the Debug menu. Try opening the project file in RMXP and edit it from Tools -> Database -> Tab: Animations. It's bound to work.

Danno

Years
  • Odd.

Most things don't work over editor.exe or from the Debug menu. Try opening the project file in RMXP and edit it from Tools -> Database -> Tab: Animations. It's bound to work.

True, but you cant import animations, right?

Maxedg8s

Revisiting...
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    Ok. I just looked over everything!

First open up the Database Animation Editor. Then get an empty slot, name it for a Move/ Common/ Effect, set a number of frames, then load the bitmap. (To tell you the truth, I think you might not have to load the Bitmap, but try it still).

After that, open the move in editor.exe and import. The problem is that you submitted the move into the editor.exe by itself, not the game all together. RMXP must know the move in its database first before anything.

If this doesn't work, I got some work to do.....

Danno

Years
  • Well a problem with the BLIZZARD could be that RMXP only allows up to 200 frames, and its 201... but that doesnt explain why it isnt saving.

Its not just this computer, I recently switched to a laptop from a PC with the same results.

Back