• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poke Polo

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    Hey all! Welcome to the thread of my new comic, Poke Polo! There's only a few episodes so far, but hang in there, I'll pump em out as fast as I can!

~Archive~
    (Text is hyperlinked.)
    1-The Beginning
    2-Who's that Pokemon!
    3-Battle Numero Uno
    3½-Strange Occurances
    4-Mr. Odep
    5-Into the Lolli Lab! ~TBR~

TBR=To be released

EXCLUSIVE! Pokecommunity Fun Facts!
    1.) Tono carries an Kabuto and Tona has an Omanite.
    2.) The character's father works all day at a Farm Store in Azalea Town.

Credits

Kabutopzilla - Inspiration
    Dragoon - Trainer OW's
    Previous - Littleroot Map
    Colton - Pyrotechnics
    Majin Piccolo - Speech Bubbles

Last edited:

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    lol but that "hehe" guy mysteriously disappears in the next panel

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    Yeah lol, he was a reference to a guy in the comic Pogeymanz by Kabutopzilla.

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    the perv? lol. It's funny how this is a spoof of a spoof of all Pokemon Fan Comics

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I'm pretty sure that 90% of the comments in this thread could be considered spam.
    Please, add a little more constructive commentating in your repertoire, people.

I've deleted the ones that are exceptionally useless, and given warning infractions to those who were borderline useless.
    Though, if you read the rules, even the borderline ones with essentially be just as useless.

Rule #4 guys. Rule #4.

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    common sense is enough to stop anybody from entering a pedophilic manic rapists lab dont yas think? :P

good one :)

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
  • Ehh. Your comic is /okay/, to be honest.
    A lot of the jokes are things we've seen before in "spoof-comics", and the strange and random "warps" to other dimensions are a bit annoying (and again, we've seen 'em a million-and-a-half time before), because they don't offer anything to the plot or humor.
    Magikarp's glock was funny the second time, but is a bit overused throughout.
    Also, try to stay away from actions using asterisks (e.g. » *Psshhh*)
    Finally, to make it easier comic speech bubbles tend to go from top to bottom, so that the reader can see the linear progression in the story without trying to guess which way to look.

That's all. Good luck.
    Try and be creative.

Edit;
    After scanning over the most recent Pogeyman comic, it would appear you are entirely uncreative with your crazed Magikarp. Kudos to you.
    Try not to blatantly steal ideas from comics on the same forum. It's pretty.. blatant. And annoying.

Last edited:

Kabutopzilla

TROPHANT
    Years
  • Edit;
    After scanning over the most recent Pogeyman comic, it would appear you are entirely uncreative with your crazed Magikarp. Kudos to you.
    Try not to blatantly steal ideas from comics on the same forum. It's pretty.. blatant. And annoying.

He stole no ideas from me. Superkarp appeared in Pogeymanz upon Deja Vu/Blue Phoenix's request, same with the white-clothed guy. I simply cameo'd Superkarp. If anything, I stole ideas from him, with his consent.

Ah well. May as well offer some advice while I'm here.

Visually, you're doing great, especially if this is your first comic effort. As for plot and humor, I can see that you're trying to follow the formula I used in Pogeymanz (which isn't a bad thing). The plot is rather difficult to decipher, but then again, that can be expected. The humor isn't half bad. While it mostly only elicited a cheap laugh/mental chuckle from me, the one great gag was Superkarp's reaction to Mario being annoying. That made me laugh aloud.

The comic isn't bad. Just keep doing what you're doing, and you'll get better naturally. If this is your first comic effort, you're already doing better than me when I began comicking.

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    Thanks for the critisism guys. I'll try and use some of that advice.

To Nova: Just reiterating what 'Zilla said, I was cameo'd in that.

Which on a seperate note, thanks for that 'Zilla.

Back