• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokeathlon Discussion

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
    Just discuss about pokeathlon like your records, what you like about it, etc...

I like all the events it has!

Logan_AT

Often Lost in Thought
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    I can't decide which event I like best! I do have more trouble with events like goal roll and pennant capture, though I suspect the latter has to do with what Pokemon I keep entering.

I found it funny when my Quagsire placed second in hurdle dash when the other two pokemon on the team had higher speed than he did...I still have no idea how that happened. He went on to become my first medalist Pokemon too!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I absolutely hate Goal Roll. I have a hard time guiding my Pokemon to the goal, and when I do, I accidentally let the other team score. But I did get a high score of 17 on it with Combusken, Marshtomp and Linoone a short while ago.

I hate Pennant Capture, too, because it's hard to navigate past the rocks and umbrellas, especially with those with bad Skill.

I had problems with Lamp Jump at first because I had a hard time jumping sideways, but I got the hang of it.

I almost always win at Ring Drop and Disc Catch and they have become 2 of my favorite events.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    I love the Stamina and Speed Events! I can honestly say, it's the most easiest of all the events. Though, I hate the Jump events. It wont let me jump sideways so it's hard catching the flying discs.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
    Goal roll was murder for me...that was until, for the life of me, score 11 points in one game. In the Supreme Cup no less. Another game that I have a hard time in is in the Hurdle jump(is this what it's called?) I just never seem to get the timing right.
    However, my strongest game is Relay Run. My best score(if I remember correctly) is 18.2 laps in Single, and 15.6 in Link Pokeathlon.

otaku-dono

Merkabah
    Years
    Block smash and sprint events are best; the rest take too much effort (especially the ball catch one my god -_-).

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
    I loved the sprint one? I think it was as many times you could get around the circuit in the time? Yeah that was awesome. <3
    I also loved the sumo one, where you push the other pokemon off of the platform <33

Years
    I think the pokéathlon is much too easy.
    The only problem is that you need a lot of medalist pokémon to get al those trophies, I'm now at 36.
    In relay run I got 20.1 laps.

Poster

Will pixel art for pizza
    Years
    Well, hard trier here, I've won almost all trophies based on records, except Remnant Capture. I suck so much at this course. Still, what's with you guys, Goal Roll is easy ;D

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I hate goal roll because you can onu control one pokemon at a time ad usually it gets tired after chasing the ball. Pennant capture is hard for me because sometimes I stroke in the wrong direction and another pokemon gets it.

I like Lamp Jump and Disc Catch because I have pokemon with high jump.
    I also like brick smash because I find it easy to just tap at the screen quickly with pokemon of high power.

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
    I love playing Lamp Jump and Brick Smash because they're the easiest to get 1st place on. Lol.
    I hate Goal Roll because I'm a failure at multi-tasking and I only focus on one Pokemon.

LuVrDiSC

pokéGirL Power !
    Years
    pokeathelon is actually "ok" for a minigame type thingy which i usually h8... but im anoyed at it cus i cant complete the skill course and jump course in 1st Place. im trying to use only 1 team to get all 1st Place Blissey, Snorlax, TogeKiss...

i absolutly HATE the Snow Throw h8it! h8it! h8it!

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    every single pokemon i own is a medalist pokemon.
    that is not much, but my plan is to get 493 pokemon and 493 medalists :)

den899pop

Jolteon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    one thing i hate the most is the snowball fight, i keep missing!!!!!!!

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    one thing i hate in goal roll is when you shoot and the ball is just in front of the line, and someone faster kicks it in. goal thief =.=

and not to mention circle push, when you have all 3 of your pokemon on the 5 point circle and an annoying jerk pushes two off at the last second. makes me rage .-.

Starchomp

Avid Gambler
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2014
    I dont like the pokeathlon too much, I just think its a boring gimmick, I never really got into it

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2011
    Relay Run

I think the pokéathlon is much too easy.
    The only problem is that you need a lot of medalist pokémon to get al those trophies, I'm now at 36.
    In relay run I got 20.1 laps.

I got 20.9 laps in Relay Run.

Back