• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokeball or Ultra Ball?

Fire_Floatzel

What's 3000 X 3 + 1?
Years
  • Do you think the ultra ball or just a plain old pokeball is better for catching legendaries.

in my opinion i would have to say pokeball. I NEVER caught a legendary with an ultra ball in any pokemon game, but yet, i caught articuno and ho-oh and groudon with a pokeball in my ss. my brother was also able to catch dialga with a pokeball on his first try in platinum.
    also, what is your opinion on premier balls

Last edited:

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
  • Ultra Ball > Poké Ball, I caught a lot of legendaries with Ultraballs, expecially in the III gen (in the IV we have dusk balls, timer balls, quick balls, etc)

Premier Ball is good to.. to.. (...) be in your bag for the style.

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2013
    Poke Ball, never failed catching a legendary before

Years
  • Ultra Balls have a better catch rate than Poké Balls so naturally I'm going to choose them when facing off against a legendary. Money usually isn't a problem as they don't cost so much in the first place so I'll get about fifty and if I'm lucky I'll catch it.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Ultra Ball. I have caught most of my legends using it. I never caught a legend using a Pokeball though :/

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Pokeball. It's lulzy that I catch the majority of my legendary Pokemon in those.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • it actually doesnt matter. I've done the math and unless you use a false swipe/Sleep combo so that the math is maxed out, UltraBalls are just as effective as Pokeballs because any higher than 2 hp and not being Asleep/Frozen, the catch equation will default to the secondary equation where the ball type doesnt matter. So quite literally, catching legendaries is mostly up to luck.

shamin32

The Wanna be Champion
    Years
  • Ive caught pretty much all my lengends with ultra balls THERE AWESOME especiallly in plat when your catching Dialga and Palkia i caught them both 1 shot with an ultra. but ive never really tried catching a pokemon with a premier ball

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
  • In the Diamond game, I seemed to have caught all the legendaries with a Dusk Ball.

However, using the Ultra Ball, I usually got about 3 shakes out of it, the Pokéball = fail.

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
  • For the first two generations I used to rely on Ultra Balls. After Generation 3 I caught most things in Pokéballs.
    Also, Premier balls are awesome. xD

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 5, 2011
    I always use a pokeball. I think it just looks the best and it is nice seeing a strong pokemon come out of one.

Shiari Xero

Completely Original
    Years
  • I agree, it has to be Pokeballs. Ive seen people use Dusk balls, Timer Balls, Quick Balls, Ultra Balls, everything, and fail. But they throw one Pokeball and they catch it. Its hilarious. Its like they say, the original will always be the best :D

Back