• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokeball Trick...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AniRain

Goddess of Storms
Years
  • Maybe I was hallucinating... I threw a pokeball and it made a different sound than the usual throw. It hit the pokemon, shook once and it was caught.

I remember I happened to be tapping the A button, considering that I was in a bit of a rush. This trick thing happened three times in a row - two pokeballs and one quickball (if that detail matters...).

Has anyone else encountered this... Trick... Phenomenon...? What to call it...?

Thanks for your time,
    Ciel.

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
    Years
  • It's called a Critical capture and there is no trick to preforming it, but the more Pokemon you have Captured the more your odds of getting a Critical Capture are.

Years
  • Maybe I was hallucinating... I threw a pokeball and it made a different sound than the usual throw. It hit the pokemon, shook once and it was caught.

I remember I happened to be tapping the A button, considering that I was in a bit of a rush. This trick thing happened three times in a row - two pokeballs and one quickball (if that detail matters...).

Has anyone else encountered this... Trick... Phenomenon...? What to call it...?

Thanks for your time,
    Ciel.

I believe it's called a critical catch. Which of course is very rare.

ProjectMisfit

The fear of an inconceivable ending.
    Years
  • It isn't really rare after catching so many pokemon. Happens multiple times a day for me now, to be honest.

Yuuto

Community Helper~
    Years
  • That's called a 'Critical Capture'.

It's happens completely randomly. You'll notice the ball shake after closing while still in the air then it will only shake once on the ground and capture it.

There's nothing known to make this happen more often, but I do love watching it happen.

iTorchwoodi

Waiting for the right Doctor
    Years
  • I love doing this. As already stated the more pokemon you capture (Individual pokemon not of the same species) the higher your chances.
    Introduced in Black and white i believe?

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2013
    I've only had this happen to me once and wondered what the heck was going on. Thanks for the info guys!

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Sooooo, I think the fact that it was a critical capture has been made pretty clear. If you've got any other smaller questions like this, please use the X/Y Quick Q&A stickied at the top of the forum.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back