• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokeballs

Sirfetch’d

I've always assumed it's like a virtual little world inside the Pokeball because the Pokemon can sometimes stay in there for a long period of time with out coming out so I'd assume there would be food and water in the virtual world?

Or either when in the Pokeball the POkemon goes into hibernation.

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
    Years
  • I like it in the Pokemon Adventure manga.
    Pokeballs

The Pokemon shrinks in size and can see out off the ball and run inside it to moe said ball. Only difference between the manga, video games, and anime is that you can see the Pokemon in the ball.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I like it in the Pokemon Adventure manga.
    The Pokemon shrinks in size and can see out off the ball and run inside it to moe said ball. Only difference between the manga, video games, and anime is that you can see the Pokemon in the ball.
    I like how they do it in that manga; it makes the pokémon able to react to their surroundings even when in the pokéball.

When I write in RPs though, I imagine some kind of energy conversion system, where the pokémon gets turned into an energy form when it gets sucked in. It sure looks that way in the anime. That way they could be stored in a PC and sent back and forth to professor Oak and whatnot, without much difficulty. So basically they would be in some state of light speed trance within the pokéball, but still able to hear and perceive some things outside of the pokéball. And also charging up a bit like in a pokémon center - healing. Slowly, though. I know that's not true for the games though.

MasterDraco

Pokémon Commander
    Years
  • The most likely theory is that Pokémon are converted to a form of energy by some advanced (and scientifically impossible) Process. They are then stored in the Ball as energy and when called out are reformed by an equally impossible process. The Pokémon could also be converted to Data instead of energy allowing it to be transferred through a computer.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • You never know what could be inside a Pokeball especially when there's a Pokemon inside. As for the Pokemon inside it, t's either sleeping or it has its own world (Maybe like the Dream World?). Strangely enough I think they can still hear their trainer despite being in a Pokeball, such as Oshawott in the anime who comes out at (sometimes) unexpected times.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Hyperspace. Some form of inverse singularity generator (ie. something is concentrated onto one point as to substantiate no density, rather than infinite).

Last edited:

Moose

Pokemon Master,
    Years
  • I think there's like a couch and some stuff in there. It has to be comfortable for them. I think it's either bigger inside, or the Pokemon shrinks.

Years
  • When I think of the pokeballs and PCs (and the way they pokeballs are transferred in the anime) I can't help but think that the pokeball somehow converts the physical entity (the pokemon) into pure data and stores that information. Then, when it is being released the ball simply does the opposite and returns the pokemon to the same physical state it was in when it was returned to the ball.

I also feel as though this is also why a pokeball can't capture two different pokemon, it registers only the data of the pokemon to be within it (which would also explain why you lose a ball if you fail a catch in the games).

Back