• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokeballs

Years
    My favorite Poké Balls would have to be the Dusk Ball, Luxury Ball and the Quick Ball.

I like all three of their designs, and the Dusk Ball is helpful at night or in caves, which are common settings so it's not hard to get ahold of a time where they'll be helpful. Luxury Balls because they make Pokémon friendlier to you, which is especially good if it's something like Eevee or Zubat, or a Pokémon you really like. And the Quick Ball for that first turn shot in the hole.

But of the Apricorn Poké Balls I think my favorite is the Moon Ball, I like its design the most and even though there aren't many Pokémon that evolve by Moon Stone it's a nice fit for quite a few others.

Years
    I found that in the fourth and fifth gen games, I took a real liking to the Dusk Ball. Generally when I get the chance to play any games (including Pokemon), it's not until late at night after work, so I took advantage of the 3.5x catch rate that the Dusk Balls offer at night time. With Pokemon Y though, I've had no real preference, since my 3DS's clock is screwed up, and I'm just too lazy to get around to fixing it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2014
    I might be alone on this one, but I think the masterball is really effective at catching Pokemon.

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
    Years
    When I'm bored, I sometimes like to try and colour-coordinate the Pokémon I catch with certain Pokeballs, regardless of effective catch rate.

Regular Pokéballs are still my default, though.

And Mewtwo is the only one who ever goes into the Masterball. It just doesn't feel right on anyone else.

I did get a good laugh when I received a Bidoof in one from WonderTrade, though.

SlightlyWinged

Hyped for OR/AS!
    Years
    I seem to be a big fan of the Quick Ball, both for the design and it's awesome catch rate. When I first encountered Mewtwo in X, I threw a Quick Ball at it just to see what would happen, and it actually caught it! First turn, full health. It was awesome. :D

Years
    My faves are the Quick Ball and Dusk Ball in terms of efficiency.

They always come in handy when I catch stuff, which makes them always handy to have. I imagine how hard catching Abra were in games without Quick Balls due to the tendency to flee.

However appearance-wise my fave is the Dive Ball. I mainly like its color scheme.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    However appearance-wise my fave is the Dive Ball. I mainly like its color scheme.

I'd completely forgotten about Dive Ball, haha. It's sad that no other game aside from Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald (if I'm not mistaken) have diving feature, which likely caused acknowledgement of this particular type of Poké Ball to dwindle and whatnot. Thankfully, we'll see it all go back to normal in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, so that's good.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
    Dusk balls have such cool catch/launch effects, but I definitely try and go for the luxury balls. My powerhouses are stars, and they deserve to be treated as such.

Years
    In terms of looks I like the Level Ball, Moon Ball and Nest Ball but don't use them often, in terms of efficiency and looks I like the Net Ball and Dusk Ball and they're the ones I use the most, especially the Dusk ones cause I'm kinda a night owl and that's when I'm typically poké hunting lol. Also they both have a pretty cool aura when you send out a Pokémon you've caught in one :)

I'm not overly fond of the Quick Ball, aside from being super lucky with one when I caught my Latios in Soul Silver I don't have the best of luck with them lol :) My FAVOURITE ball though is actually the Dive Ball, it just looks so pretty and I'm so excited when I get a chance to use it lol :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I like Quick Balls the best out of all the available Poke Balls. It lets me catch Pokemon without fighting them most of the time.

Back