• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokebank and Sun/Moon

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    I know it is just speculation but how soon do you think we will be able to send our Pokémon from Pokebank to Sun/Moon? I mean if we have any 6th gen. Pokémon in bank do you think we will be able to send them over right away? That and do you think they will let Pokémon from the 1st gen. be able to be on Sun./Moon right away as well?

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Well its already been said that the downloadable Gen 1 games, will get pokebank compatability to transfer to Sun/Moon, and I can't imagine theyre going to modify PokeBank to the point where Gen VI pokemon cant be moved to Gen VII, as it makes pokebank pretty much useless if that was a thing

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    I know we are going to be able to transfer Pokémon for gen. 1 and 6 to Sun and Moon through Pokebank. I just wonder if they'll update Pokebank right away to make transferring possible as soon as we get our games.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I would imagine that there'd be a day 1 patch to have PokeBank and Sun/Moon work together. Day 1 patches are somewhat common in games these days. I believe they stated some time ago that PokeBank was to be compatible with all future Pokemon main series games. It should be true for Gen 7 at least, since you're supposed to be able to transfer stuff from the VC versions of the Gen 1 games to Sun/Moon.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • There will have to be an update to Pokemon Bank and it will probably come before the games come out. It will probably be down for a Day or Two and then we will be able to transfer pokemon over. I can't remember how they handled ORAS when it came out.

Years
  • Like the others said, Pokemon Bank will likely issue an update that will allow the system to work with Sun & Moon and the 1st Gen VC re-releases.

Back