• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokebeach Video exclusives-Intro and Route 37.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I'm not too happy with that... that just proved that the levelling will be even more worse than it was at G/S times -.-' I mean they downgraded the levels of the twins by 1 instead of adding 3 to 4 levels to them... What about the wild pokés then? I don't want to think about it...

Gahahh damn lv. politics ;D

Chill, dude.

It's only a demo. The demo is usually easier compared to the actual game. The levels will either be the same or higher. And besides, there's still time for them to edit that (can't be too hard).

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I'm not too happy with that... that just proved that the levelling will be even more worse than it was at G/S times -.-' I mean they downgraded the levels of the twins by 1 instead of adding 3 to 4 levels to them... What about the wild pokés then? I don't want to think about it...

Gahahh damn lv. politics ;D
    It's a demo. Don't expect the levels to be that low when the actual game comes out.
    If those are the final levels though...eww easy.

wnxvale

Lugia...Aeroblast!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    ya kno wat i didnt see tho is an exp bar underneath the HP bar...y wouldnt it be there??!?!

but overall im happy with alot of its content so far ^^

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Ooh overall the intro looked awesome, but I was a little dissapointed on certain parts.

If I remember right the gs intro had scenes like in the sea and pokemon swimming by, this is what I wanted to see. If you look at the intro, there was NO animation at all, just still scenes (apart from the legendary flying in 3D)

Even when they showed the players faces and then the starters, at least in DP they had a little animation of them throwing a pokeball out...at least show them running or walking or some kind of action!

Ah well, it still looks really good. The gameplay also looked really good but I'm very dissapointed with the same psychic sprite! Hope they don't recycle trainers from sinnoh a lot...

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Its obvious the first one didn't have exp cause its a double battle wnxvale. The opponent though never had it if that is what you are talking about so yeah.

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    Wow When the dude got that interview it changed the web forever and mybe boosted his site traffic

you cant find this gameplay anywere else

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The opening actually is not bad at all. Its a totaly new game so comparing it to what other games had is annoying.

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    What an awesome idea for an intro. Old G/S one was cool and all, but it focused more on Gen I Pokemon... but Charizard using it's FireBall attack; that's something I'll miss. Johto's locations' screenshots have "DPPt Intro" all over them. Main characters in New Bark Town = Epic.
    One more thing... Silver and his awesome cruelness made the intro even better. The Legendary Beasts were also a nice touch, altough I just hope Unown stick to creating one of the Legendary Dragons from Sinnoh. New Rocket Executives are more like leftover Galactic members.
    Gold on a silver background and Soul on a gold one? Cool.
    DPPt's Psychic Sprite in HGSS? Why not a new one for them, like the new Twins Sprite?
    The music just brought back some old battle memories from my old games. Thank Arceus they didn't alter it too much.
    I'm just hoping to at least get an R4i to download these games and play them as soon as possible.

Lugia's epicness... has no words...

HeartGold and SoulSilver for best games in History!

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2011
    The intro is cool, but I would have liked to see the old one with the Lapras swimming, the Shelder underwater, the epic Charizard ... like how they did the FRLG remake's intro just like the original one with better graphics. The new one just kind of shows ... people. Not much Pokemon ='( The music in the route is fine, however the battle music I don't like =\ But, now for the GOOD stuff! :) I love the new touch screen in battle, the move buttons are so much cooler now that they are rounded, and I noticed that track when you encounter that girl trainer (your eyes meet), it is the track from RBY/FRLG remixed, cool they actually remixed new tracks instead of using the ones in Diamond and Pearl =D The title screen (where it says the "touch to start") with Lugia looks awesome, I like it more that it's a side view of him flying horizontally, rather than that other thing we saw of him flying kind of at our face, this resembles the original more =D

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    To clarify a few things, the twins originally had a Clefairy and a Jigglypuff, not a Chansey. XD (And GymLeaderSilver, the twin encounter theme is remixed from GSC, not RBY/FRLG).

As for the video, the intro was nice and all, but I kinda hoped they'd revamp the old GS intro. Still, the overhead shots of the cities was neat, and the bit with the Dogs and Eusine/Unown was great, and it was like a little nod to Crystal in the way Unown and Suicune were a bit emphasized in its intro. Hopefully, the two are more intertwined now.

Route 37's theme sounds great, though I think it's that same old version from one of the PokeSunday videos with that little cheery note in the middle somewhere. It's still good, though. The Twin/Lass/Picnicker encounter theme I recognized right away, and it sounded just like the GSC version. I loved the Trainer Battle theme, though. As for the levels and Pokemon they have, I have to ask: why does the Psychic have a normal-type Dunsparce? Hopefully, that's just for the demo, and they'll also be a bit stronger/at the levels they were before in the real game.

Well, just another month or two until the Japanese release...I need to figure out where to buy a flash cart. XD;

wnxvale

Lugia...Aeroblast!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    Its obvious the first one didn't have exp cause its a double battle wnxvale. The opponent though never had it if that is what you are talking about so yeah.

oh right...sorry, forgot that it doesnt show up in double battles xD

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    It's all looking very awesome, the intro is great. Love the start screen animation being a sort of revamp from Silver. Can't wait for this game!

Years
    Yeah I kinda got that Hiroshi already. And you know how I got that? The tons of bickering I got from other people no need to rub it, k?
    Anyone else notice the red apricorn?

I did. I think I mentioned it in my first post in this thread. I'm happy it's back.

Silver looks so cute in the intro. *fangirls over Silver XD*

Lugia just looks awesome swimming. I'm glad they revamped that part. The intro is perfect imo.

Of course the demo isn't exactly the same as the game. (I remember the DPPt demo. It was the area outside of the cave to the left of Roark's town. The levels were around the thirties. The actual games levels were much lower.)

Years
    I would of preferred that the original intro screen had be revamped, but it was good. When I saw Chikorita enter the battle I had a flashback to Pokémon Yellow.

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
    Haha props to him for ebing able to film that and pulling off not knowing he wasnt allowed! :D
    I love it! It looks so amazing but omg im so dissaointed hat i might not even buy the game because they made the levels even lower..

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Hopefully the levels will be higher in the real version. If not, we can always have someone create a "Hard mode" hack like someone did with Platinum.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I dont think the levels will certainly be that level on the actual games because this is merely a demo. Things differ.

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
    Hopefully the levels will be higher in the real version. If not, we can always have someone create a "Hard mode" hack like someone did with Platinum.

And then what? Everybody plas their emulators at 50% of the regular speed with no wifi battles or trade and not being able to trade pokemon to evolve them? I really hope they fix this :/

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Once again - it's likely that the levels - even the Pokemon themselves - to change for the real thing. They tend to make the demos easy for people to beat it without any real worries, and the fact all three Pokemon were changed into Johto Pokemon - and the Psychic being lumped with a Dunsparce which doesn't make sense - seems intentional as well, to me.

Gotta laugh at the fact he used Synthesis three times, even after he should have found out what the move was by the 3rd time, and that he attacked his own Pokemon. -_-

Back