• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pokebomb

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2010
    i made pokebomb the logo is in my signature i just got it started so i don't have much updates actually theres only 2 but their realy new so don't judge my site because of that i learned html code so i won't have to use site builders cause they really suck some times some please give me your feedback and ideas to improve my site

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    Layout
    I applaud you for trying to build your own layout rather than use a site builder, but there are problems with it. The first is your banner: it is not very skillfully designed or effective. I suggest either learning to make better graphics or getting someone who is already to skilled to make them for you. Just look for the shops in the Graphics & Photography forum right here at PC.

The menu links clash with their background. Blue on red doesn't look that nice, to be honest. :/ Your navigation will also suffer from confusion eventually, as your content grows if you're not careful. You also have an error with your "home" link.

Ultimately, just keep trying. Eventually you'll get better and better at CSS and graphics, which will be reflected in your layout. :)

pokebomb
    pokebomb
    pokebomb
    pokebomb
    pokebomb

Atmosphere
    There are multiple grammar mistakes on your website that do detract from its authority and the atmosphere. For example, with "and the logos are here just click and drag on the bar above the Japanse logos to unveil the english ones". I suggest running everything you write through a spelling and grammar checker before posting anything.

Ultimately, while your atmosphere is not actively repelling readers, it's not reeling them in, either.

pokebomb
    pokebomb
    pokebomb
    pokebomb
    pokebomb

Uniqueness
    Your site does not yet have anything to offer that no other site has. Unfortunately, it doesn't even put a new spin on things.

What I suggest is having a serious think about what you can offer people through your website that no other webmaster can. This is difficult, but it's the key to a successful website.

pokebomb
    pokebomb
    pokebomb
    pokebomb
    pokebomb

Informative Content
    Being new, your site lacks enough informative content, both in breadth and depth, to attract users. I actually think that you opened your website too early - you should have probably waited instead until you had more content. But this is your top priority now - getting enough content to make your site something to come to, and to come back to.

pokebomb
    pokebomb
    pokebomb
    pokebomb
    pokebomb

Interactive Content (not applicable)

Creative Content (not applicable)

Overall

Overall, I believe you opened your site too early. You need to improve the depth and amount of content, and you also need to improve the layout. You may have to shut the site down temporarily in order to bring this site to a higher quality. Of course, if you work really hard, you may be able to turn this site around. Either way, good luck. :)

pokebomb
    pokebomb
    pokebomb
    pokebomb
    pokebomb

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2010
    I think the new menu colors are good and i'll try to find some one to fix the banner i would make a bannaer my self but i don't have a good picture editing program
    i fixed some grammar
    i'll try to think of something unique
    i'm just gonna add new stuff as it comes up
    i'll work on lay out

Years
    I also think you opened your site to early and honestly i thought the other site was better. You have little to no content at all! I also don't care to much for the layout. Needs work... :( Hope things get better :)

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    pokebomb said:
    I think the new menu colors are good and i'll try to find some one to fix the banner i would make a bannaer my self but i don't have a good picture editing program
    i fixed some grammar
    i'll try to think of something unique
    i'm just gonna add new stuff as it comes up
    i'll work on lay out
    Good to see you're working on improving your website. :)

Your new menu colours are far better - they don't clash like the old ones did. ^^

Tyler

PHP Scripter
    Years
    Uh, they still hurt my eyes. And why do you have a background for your links? Kinda pointless if you ask me... You also have very little content, you released to early. Also, you need to learn how to make layouts and better css. You should think about adding more pages and better content before you actually release a site. Right now you don't look like much.

Back