• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokecademy: The Rise of Team Plasma

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2012
    Pokecademy
    Rated: PG 13 (For chance of language and potential violence)

Rules:
    1. No Puppeting (taking control of others without permission)
    2. No God Modding
    3 Romance is allowed, just not too much. This is PG 13, not R
    4. What I say goes, you may persuade me, through PM, though.
    5. You MUST enjoy this Role Play. This rule is completely serious. I don't want it to die.
    6. Include a Character Theme Song in your Sign Up to show me you read this. (I won't include one in mine to prevent people following me)

Background:​

Every trainer has his/her beginning, whether that is from a small town named Pallet, or a larger one such as Goldenrod. Most, however, come from some sort of education and, with the exception of a few trainers, have higher chances of succeeding when their origin is from higher education. You have been selected for the most prestigious academy currently in education, being one of the 50 new freshmen chosen for the new class. You have received a letter in the mail, which reads as follows:

Spoiler:

Plot:

(The Role Players will determine the majority of the plot, however, I, as the GM, will oversee tournaments and the such. The plot will have a twist if the players remain active, with Team Plasma on the rise.)

Pokecademy is separated into the following dorms. Upon request, you shall be placed into one of them. Some have exceptions, however.

Natural Dorm: The trainers of the pokémon within this dorm will only be allowed to train the following types of pokémon: BUG, GRASS, WATER, POISON, GROUND. Your entrance hall looks more like a park than an actual building. The ground is covered with neatly trimmed grass and tall, majestic trees tower high above your heads to make the ceiling. Walkways around the central fountain will always be perfectly symmetrical.

Slots Open: [Cyndaquil2607's + Vermoire's preferred dorm]

Elemental Dorm: The trainers of the pokémon within this dorm will only be allowed to train the following types of pokémon: FIRE, ICE, ELECTRIC. Your entrance hall resembles that of a castle's. Marble statues and flooring retain a majestic and elegant look with two spiral staircases on either side. One strip of red, blue, and yellow reach to the dome at the top of this area; each strip is approximately a shoulder length apart.

Slots Open: [Abyss Master's + Hunterzero's Preferred Dorm]

Mysterious Dorm: The trainers of the pokémon within this dorm will only be allowed to train the following types of pokémon: DARK, PSYCHIC, GHOST. Your entrance hall will retain a haunting vibe with blacklights lighting the entire room. Dark, granite statues and flooring furnish this area along with a haze of mysteriousness. You have bright, purple strips leading lost students to their dorms.

Slots Open: [PokemonGarnet's Preferred Dorm]

Normal Dorm: The trainers of the pokémon within this dorm will only be allowed to train the following types of pokémon: NORMAL, FLYING, FIGHTING, ROCK, STEEL. Your entrance hall looks more like a contemporary lounge. Always clean, this hall has comfortable, sleek chairs that adorn it. Otherwise, the entire hall resembles a pokémon center.

Slots Open:

Dragon Dorm: The trainers of the pokémon within this dorm will only be allowed to train the following type of pokémon: DRAGON (Surprising, isn't it?) Due to their immense power, each trainer will only be allowed 2 pokemon, one of their choice and their dragon. No trainer is allowed to train two dragons at once. Your entrance hall has long, Chinese-style dragons around the walkways, always keeping watch with glowing red eyes, It is rumored that if a rule is broken, these dragons will alert the staff immediately. No one has ever graduated from this dorm: most are expelled or resign.

Slots Open:

1. Lynette

Elite Dorm: This Dorm has the nicest facility, with large replicas of every gym badge around the room. Each kid to make it here has earned a place in the school's hall of fame. Every character must achieve "Elite" status in order to continue the story.

We hope you enjoy your stay at Pokecademy, classes start promptly at 9 and end at noon.

Spoiler:

My Sign Up will be up when I get Time...

FIRST COME, NOT FIRST SERVE. I will decide who makes what cuts, which is why I told you to include back-ups.

Last edited:

Venomire

Gentlemanly Action Hero
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2011
    Name: Adam Spencer Locke

Appearance:
    Adam could be described as handsome, but not in a sexy kind of way, more like a person who you just feel safer by looking at. He has pale skin and neat, light-ish brown hair always done in a combover and never with a hair out of place. His eyes are grey on the outside and brown on the inside, and his lips are thin and merely a few shades darker than his skin. He usually has a warm, gentle smile on his lips, but obviously, this is not always the case. He speaks with an upper-class British accent in a calm, soothing tone. He has a small scar below his left eye.

He is tall, although not toweringly so, and he is quite lean, but he doesn't look fragile, just agile. He has long arms reaching down to his waist, and elegant, dainty hands. His legs are also long, but these two in combination do not make him look gangly. He is quite thin and only very slightly muscled on his arms and legs. He stands with an air of grace and elegance, and walks with the same grace and elegance.

He wears a grey, military-style coat with the buttons done up on the far left side of his body, which go down to his waist, and the coat itself goes down to his ankles, and he wears a pair of formal, black trousers and similiar style shoes. He also wears a pair of white silken gloves and a matching scarf. Underneath his coat he wears a white polo shirt
    with long sleeves and buttons down to the waist.

Personality:
    With a calm, easy personality and an utterly polite and civil attitude under all circumstances, with a charisma that could charm the spots off of a leopard, Adam is the epitome of a gentleman, and would rather die than lose his gentlemanly reputation. He considers manners and morals to be of priority to any and everyone, but he is still perfectly willing to deal with people who aren't as urbane as himself. Very intelligent and very calm, in a group, he is either the charismatic and enigmatic leader of the problem solver.

He can be seen as arrogant and snobbish by people who don't understand him, because of the fact he speaks and acts with a very regal, majestic grace that some people simply find unnerving. He is possessed with an almsot supernatural calmness and clarity, and he rarely loses his temper. It is for these reasons, amongst others, that he is alienated from other people, and doesn;t have too many friends. Those he does have, however, describe him as an utterly charming, utterly wonderful person to be around, but most people find it amusing to poke fun at him- behind his back, at least.

The truth of the matter is that Adam proves ot be quite scary to othe rpeople. Not in a brutish, bullying way, but in the way that you feel when your entire world is plunged into darkness and you just want to run and hide until it's gone, and it is due in part to his majestic and totally self-confident aura he emanates. He has a will and heart of steel, and if he sets his mind to something, he will get it done, no matter the personal cost. This demonic determination and aforementioned self-confidence are extremely unnerving, and so he is a target for people who don't like strange, new things.

At his core, Adam is a sad and lonely person who is tired of being treated differently but dogmatically refuses to give nt o what other people want him to be, which is another reason he doesn't have many friends- he feels that only peopel he can trust would understand his comnplex emotional state, and perhaps help to bring him out of his depression. It is for this reason that he considers this song his "Theme":(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTOL8ony1eI) As it strikes his heart as haunting, chilling and thought provoking.

History:
    Being born to a rich and influential family in Unova, inhabiting the Castelia city, Adam grew up in the lap of luxury, a bored and lucky as Hell nobleman. He got everything he ever wanted, but quickly grew tired with this video game and that brand new toy and this trip to the theme park- what he craved was a real adventure, and this oppurtunity was denied to him by his parents for a while, as they wanted him to becoem either a general in the army or a politician, so they gave him the best education in both of these fields, and when he was ten, he began learning about Pokemon and theuir needs in battle. He excelled at his assignment, so much so that the Pokecadamy took notice of him and sent him a place.

His parents were unwilling to let himg o, and each year the academy renewed it's invitation for him, but for his twelfth, thirteenth and fourteenth years he remained trapped in a mansion outside of Castelia city. He encountered his first ever Pokemon partner- a Venipede, which subsequently attacked him. However, fate had a hand to play in this, and somehow he was carrying a Pokeball in his pocket. He threw it at the Venipede, hoping only to delay it so he could flee, but it actually caught the little Bug, much to his shock. At this revelation, his parents decided it was finally itme to let him go, and he wrote a reply to the Pokecadamy at long last.

Preferred Dorm:
    Natural Dorm, Venipede.
    Backups:
    Elemental Dorm, Shinx
    Mysterious Dorm, Litwick

RP Sample:
    *I'll add this later, I need a break from typing :)*

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Ummmm. Can i reserve. and I didn't see a dark type dorm, nvm forgot about that. Reserve for mysterious Dorm please. This seems like harry potter + Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2012
    Well, if you read the last, bolded sentence, reservations really won't be necessary. Your quality of writing compared to everyone else's sign up will be the factor that decides which dorm you enter and why.

By the way, as soon as the OOC thread gets up, will you move sign ups and all discussion there? Thanks :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    Name: Samuel "Sam" White

Appearance: Samuel likes to wear dark, open jackets with brightly-colored t-shirts underneath, or the other way around with bright jackets and dark shirts. When he is not wearing a jacket, he puts on a thick, hooded sweater instead. While his torso changes often, however, he will almost always wear standard jeans that look so alike that even he has trouble telling the difference between them. He will only wear long shorts if it's really warm outside, upon which he will also drop the jacket/sweater.

Sam has short, brown hair that barely reaches to his neck and covers his forehead. He likes to keep it casual and never messes with it, claiming that he has been blessed with a "quiet and compliant" hairstyle. His green-brown eyes are usually kept behind a pair of frameless sunglasses that he will often wear for no apparent reason, even while indoors. His nose is a bit small, and his jawline doesn't seem very strong. His skin is decently tanned and compliments his dark-brown hair well.

He stands at 5'8" and weighs 115 lbs. At a glance he doesn't seem very athletic, but he does have something of a toned body.

Personality: Samuel has several quirks about him, none of which neccessarily qualify him as a better Pokémon trainer per se. He is a quick thinker who is not afraid to speak his mind, and loves to joke around with other people. He has a positive outlook on life, himself and everyone around him. He is confident in his own skill and can be a bit stubborn with how he wants things to be - he doesn't like being pushed around by anybody else.

More than anything, however, Samuel is charismatic and outgoing. He doesn't "swoon the ladies" in that sense, but rather enjoys making conversation with people he meets, and also thoroughly enjoys learning about them.

When it comes to Pokémon, he is no different. He treats his Pokémon as he treats his friends - with care, humor and quick wits. In battle he prefers to make things fun rather than take efficient advantage of his Pokémon's strengths or his opponent's weaknesses.

History: Samuel's personality stems from his upbringing, which was handled in large part by his equally cheerful and humoristic father. The lack of a mother never truly bothered Sam as he had never known life with one, and he would grow up as a happy and delighted child in his father's care. Since his father moved a lot, being an esteemed Pokémon trainer and also a famed performer on television, Sam would travel a lot in his childhood and thus become accustomed with meeting new people all the time. This would also contribute to making him more outgoing and social, as well as boost his confidence by giving him lots of experience with the rest of the world.

When his father would finally settle down to work on something that didn't require constant travelling, it was time for Samuel to start school and learn about the world of Pokémon. There was no doubt that all of the sightseeing and visits around the different regions had given him an advantage when it came to knowledge about Pokémon, but even then Sam displayed an impressive sense of intellect and logic. At the age of eleven he was able to list over 200 different Pokémon without any sort of assistance or items to help him, which was amazing for children of such an age. He was also one of the better battlers in his class, though his tendency to goof off and play around often led him to defeat on several occasions, which annoyed the teachers to no end but made him popular with the other children, as they thought it was rather fun to do battle with him.

Whether it was his father's connections or the sense that Samuel had great potential as a trainer, no-one really know why the highly esteemed academy wanted him specifically. And even though he felt saddened about leaving his friends at his own school behind, the thought of going to the academy to meet new people and learn new things was simply too good and too tempting to pass up. With his father's blessing, Sam wrote up a hasty reply accepting the offered place at the school.

Preferred Dorm
    :
    - Elemental Dorm, Charmander

Second choice
    :
    - Mysterious Dorm, Abra

Third choice:
    - Normal Dorm, Machop

RP Sample:

"Hey! Hey dad! I'm going!"

Sam shouted as loud as he could as he stomped down the stairs, making sure his steps were heard clearly. No response came from below.

"I'm serious! Right now!" Sam bellowed. Still nothing.

"HEY, OLD MAN! I'M TALKING TO YOU!"

Suddenly the door at the top of the stairs swung open, nearly causing Sam to leap off the stairs in surprise. His father came sagging out of his bedroom tiredly, rubbing his eyes before blinking and staring down at his son, who was half on his way over the stairs' railing.

"Son, get down from there before you hurt yourself," he muttered. He yawned, took a large step forward and nearly tumbled down the stairs himself. A graceful second step saved him from such disaster, luckily.

"If the booze doesn't kill you, the sleep will," commented Sam. "Sometimes you're so lucky I half expect leprechauns to start popping out of your nostrils when you're napping."

"Well, that would explain why my nose is all clogged up," said his father and made an exaggerated attempt to sniff, as though to demonstrate. "Now, what about you? Weren't you going?"

"I was, but then I realized that you might kill yourself the second I'm out the door," replied Samuel playfully. "So I'll stick around for another hour."

"Oh, get going already. I don't need a babysitter."

"On the contrary," said Sam and hauled his father away from the door he was heading for. "That's the cupboard."

Without so much as a moment of hesitation his father spun around and marched in the opposite direction. "I knew that."

Their kitchen was small, but big enough for the two of them. In the corner stood all of Samuel's baggage, ready to be carried off to the academy. His father glanced at the bags and trunks before looking at his son.

"You know, I've bought too much stuff for you," he said while waving with his hand toward the pile of baggage. "Look at all this. You don't need half of it."

"I sure do," said Sam gleefully. He went over to one of his trunks, opened it and pulled out an almost blindingly colorful shirt, decorated with flower-patterns. His father barked in laughter. "I'll wear this and always be reminded of when you'd lay on the beach a few years back, getting sp sunburned you turned into the spawn of Tomato-Man!"

"Every time," said his father with a yawn and wiped a tear away from laughing so much. "Ah, good times."

"You say that now, but back then you certainly had a differet idea," said Sam. "I think I can owe the majority of my known cusswords to that summer."

"Well, you had to learn them sooner or later," said his father with a shrug, reaching over to the coffee-machine to grab himself a cup. "I wouldn't want you to learn from some random biker-shmuck with a bad attitude. I'd rather be my own kid's bad influence."

"Well congratulations," said Samuel with a snort. "I take it I'll have to lump these heavy trunks all by myself to the bus, then?"

His father glanced at him. "You want to?"

"Pff, no."

"Well, I guess I'll have to drive, then," sighed his father and sipped his coffee. The next second he got to his feet, stormed over to the sink and spit it out.

"What on earth do you call this?" he wheezed over his shoulder. "Don't you know how to make coffee?!"

Samuel shrugged. "Not really, no."

Theme: Apparently I'm not allowed to link to other sites yet so go to Youtube, type in "Theme of the Empire" and click in on the FFXII soundtrack video that comes up.

Last edited:

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
    Years
  • Name: Queht Ulrin Ragnarok
    Nickname: Q or he goes as just Ulrin(if allowed)

Appearance:
    Queht on many occasions has been described as "hot", He usually draws in a lot of attention from girls by his dashing looks. His skin is a nice tan color but if he doesn't go outside into the sun in a few days it turns pale. Unusual snow white hair that is swayed to the right sometimes covering his left eye. Queht likes to mess up his hair and even sometimes dye it a light blond green color mix. Two of his bangs like to cross each other making an X. On more than one occasion people have said they love to touch his hair and have called it "sexy" but Queht really doesn't care what people say about the way his hair looks. Queht is quite strong he has a muscular athletes' body from exercising on a regular day basis, he finds it's fun to push his body to its physical limits and thinks that keeping fit is something everyone should do. His eyes are a sky blue color and always have a look or sense as you would of adventure and fun. Queht's eyes have been called "dreamy" and beautiful by many different people. Queht has been called tall but he doesn't feel it. He is about 5'9 and still growing he feels he should be taller by now.

Queht loves to wear to colors red and black. He wears a blood red coat that he usually keeps unzipped and open. He'll sometimes not wear the coat but most of the time he has it on. A jet black T-shirt and pants that seem to be skinny jeans but they are just slim. He loves to wear a black belt with a skull buckle with a few spikes on the head of the skull. The skulls' mouth opens and closes and Queht will open or close it depending on his mood or what's going on around him. He wears two sneakers bot primary colors red but with black stripes on them and a black skull similar design to his belt buckle. Queht also likes to wear a par of black fingerless gloves.

Personality:
    Crazy, obnoxious and cocky can describe Quehts' personality. Queht doesn't really know what it's like to have a person dislike him because he is constantly being followed by a group of girls or little kids who think he's cool. He doesn't like to be bothered when he is exercising or reading a book and often has to scare the groups away from him. Around his friends that he picked and likes he's the life of the party. Queht loves to make jokes and provoke people. He sometimes boast about his skills and loves to get into fights physical or not. Queht is quite mouthy and doesn't know when to shut up really. He doesn't care much for people who are rude and just utterly annoying and has a tendency to start fights. During a fight or conflict Queht likes to provoke his opponent by making jokes about them or taunting him or her.

To most people Queht at first appears to be a "hipster" but he really doesn't like labels and finds social classes among teenagers and younger kids to be stupid he views everyone as equal and unique in their own way. He makes friends and enemies easily really it comes down to either you like Queht or you hate him. His real friends enjoy his company and say Queht is a funny guy but they all have a feeling of great annoyance coming from him but an annoyance they have came to know and love. He is very confident and laughs at the face of danger and never gives up a challenge no matter how grim things look. Despite his confidence and other qualities Queht can get very nervous and shy around a girl he likes. He usually chokes up when he talks to the girl he likes or even just ramble on about something random. He is also very smart but really doesn't show it, he can figure out any problem with ease unless it is a very challenging one. Queht actually likes to read and reads about pokemon and pokemon battling. Overall Queht is a very nice guy but can be very rude and cold. He is very laid-back and doesn't mind reading a book every once in a while. He values friends and says he fights for justice. He loves to listen to music and just relax he can be very quiet at times.

Theme Song: He loves to listen to this song while he's relaxing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?fmt=18&gl=ES&hl=es&v=GZUN89RaP60

History:
    Queht was born in Pallet town Kanto, He grew up never knowing his father and living with his mother and twin brother Quin. Queht and Quin were inseparable the two would do everything together. Although the two did everything together they were polar oposites Queht is the way he is all crazy and what not but Quin was the quiet book smart cautious one. Quin would always tell Queht to be careful or someting Queht was doing was careless and stupid. The two would get into fights and even have compitions to see who was the better twin. It was a tie most of time but sometimes Quin won and sometimes Queht won. Their mother, Marith, would sometimes say she wonders how she can handle the two twins running around and being crazy. She would call them the Yin and Yang twins, Quin yin and Queht yang. The twins loved their mother and did everything she asked and would do anything for her. Queht and Quin would spend their days outside planning with each other or wild pokemon. As younger kids Queht and Quin did talk to other people much they kept to themselves. It was until the day Queht met his three friends Jay, Kim and Garm did they start to open up and Quehts' true personality started to emerge. The three friends would fight over who out of Quin and Queht would hang out with who. Quin kind of like the attention, Queht on the other hand hatted it. The group of friends were always together playing.

One sad day when Queht and Quin were eleven years old, Quin came down with a terminal sickness and had to spend all his time in a hospital. Worried about his twin brother Queht also spent his days in the hospital supporting his brother. At the time their mother was out on a business trip. She was a pokemon stylist before Queht and Quin were born and their father had disappeared. Marith wanted to get her back out there and pursue her dream so she left for vermilion city. Once she had came back after the third day Quin was sick she was devastated by the news that Quin was sick that her neighbor Harold who was looking after the twins told her. There was nothing the doctors or anything could do, Quin was a lost cost. On his death bed Quin told his loving twin brother that he wanted Queht to pursue a dream they shared become a great pokemon trainer. Queht promised Quin that he would do everything that he could to do that and he would stop at nothing to make that come true.

In order to keep his promise to his brother who had passed away Queht started studying hard and long to become a great pokemon trainer. In school he scored top out of everyone he would outwit his teachers and score perfect scores on his test. He didn't really care when he got rewards or people complimented on his good grades he was doing it for Quin to become smarter and stronger. Queht also started to exercise a lot more then he usually did and would exercise at anytime he could usually when he was done doing schoolwork, reading and studying. His friends got worried when he stopped hanging out with them as much as he usually did but he told them not to he was fine and everything was ok. Queht realized he dream would soon come true when one day he got the mail and found the letter that would change his life.

Preferred Dorm:
    Elemental Charamander
    Back ups:
    Normal Dorm Riolu
    Elemental Dorm Growlithe

RP Sample:
    Queht was relaxing in his room listening to music and reading a book when his mother came in caring a laundry basket filled with Quehts' fresh clean clothes.

"Q can you please put away these clothes and a letter came for you in the mail," Marith said to Queht who seemed not to be paying attention to his mother. She placed the basket on top of as desk located next to Quehts' bed. Queht noticed that his mother placed the basket on his desk so he paused his music and placed the book he was reading down. He then pulled out his headphones and started putting away clothes not really paying attention to the letter. His mother had left the room to attend other things but she left a small bag on the desk next to the basket.

After Queht had finished putting away his clothes he jumped back into his bed reading his book and listening to music. For a few moments Queht didn't even notice the letter until a gust of wind coming from the open window blew the letter onto his face.

What's this? He thought as he took the letter from his face turned of his music and closed his book. The letter read to Queht Ulrin Ragnarok from the Pokecamdemy. Queht thought at first that this is probably just another school trying to get him to go there but he was bored so he felt like checking it out. Queht slowly opened the letter up with a bored look on his face he wasn't excited to get the letter.

Dear Sir or Madame:

Congratulations, you, along with 49 other exceptional students, have been chosen for one of the few spots in Pokecademy. As you (probably) already know, this state-of-the-art school is fully equipped with a battle simulator, a laptop for every student, a beautiful campus at the top of an island, and the most acclaimed teachers. If you give up this wonderful opportunity, I'm sure another, inferior student would gladly take your place. Please have your response mailed by Thursday, March 24, 2011.

Dean Gregory

That's what the letter read, Queht wasn't very impressed he had gotten letters like that before and was tired of getting them. He just tossed the letter on the ground and keep on reading, swaying his foot to the music he was listening to. Then his mother came walking in, she wanted to know what the letter was about. Unlike Queht she wanted him to get into one of these higher educational schools.

"Queht Ulrin Ragnarok don't just toss things on the floor!" Marith roared at her son as she picked up the letter and began to read it. While she read the letter Queht just hid his face in the book.

"Queht you are going to this Pokecademy," Marith said in a stern voice. She started pulling out clothes for Queht while he just gave her a dreadful look. Marith started packing clothes for Queht who was still hiding his face in the book.

"Mom I don't want to go!" Queht whined as he jumped out of his bed and watched his mother back clothes in a suit case. His mother just ignored the pleading Queht and kept packing things.

"You're not getting out this today Queht you're going," Marith snapped as she finished packing things for Queht and tossed him his shoes and coat. Queht was already wearing his favorite outfit except for the coat and shoes.

"Wait but mom we have to send in a response letter," Queht said trying to delay his mother. His mother smirked at this comment, she then reached into her pocket and pulled out another letter.

"I got a note exactly like this for Quin a long time ago, I told them what had happened and filled in an application for you Queht," Marith said making an evil grin.

"Oh great," Queht moaned as his mother had already dragged him out of the house. So now Queht is off to the Pokecademy.

If there is anything I need to fix let me know

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2012
    including PokemonGarnet, we have 5 people... If we get 2 more we'll start.

Cyndaquil2607: I would say you should add some more bulk to each topic, ESPECIALLY the RP Sample. Your Sign Up is Pending. Also, you are missing something from your sign up.

venomire: Enjoyed the sign up quite a bit. Just get that RP sample up. You are currently pending.

Abyss Master: Liked the Sign Up a lot, reminds me of mahself. :P Your Sign Up is accepted. So far you are currently placed in the Elemental Dorm.

HunterZero: Nice sign-up as well (liking the people interested in this) however, Abyss Master has also chosen Charmander. You may or may not be placed in the Elemental Dorm because of that, if that's alright. Accepted with about the same amount of colors as Abyss. (The question is who has more?)

Years
  • Name: Thomas Germaine

Appearance:
    Thomas stands 6 feet tall, but the height is a recent development, and Thomas has not yet gotten used to it, and as such is somewhat gangly and awkward. Once a bit large, his body has also not quite caught up to his new height, and It is thin, all though not skeletal. His eyes are green flecked through with brown specks, a dirty combination that makes his eyes look like a green-brown soup. He has brown short hair, any natural unruliness is tamed by a brutal hair cut which leaves it shorn close to his scalp and his excessive combing habit. His face is long, like the rest of his body, and naturally sets itself in a serious frown.
    Since most clothes hang off him, he doesn't take any real care when dressing. He wears jeans and t-shirts mostly, but the extent of his fashion sense is picking the first clothes he sees when he wakes up in the morning. He does however take great care to always put on a belt every morning, since a scaring accident in his youth he has been amazingly afraid of his pants falling down, or being pulled off. In the winter he has a beat up old jacket which he inherited from his father and a couple of old hats, which don't actually do much to keep him warm, but he keeps for their sentimental value.

Personality:
    A sharp tempered individual, Thomas is quick to anger, a temper shared by his entire family. Unfortunately he often sees slights which do not exist, a wrong glance, a snide remark, all things which most people would brush off, are enough to set Thomas off. But, if you can get passed his slightly belligerent attitude he is a good friend. He extends his "anger filter" to those who he is close to, and jumps to their defense at any perceived slight. Even when not angered he has a tendency to be rather serious, not to say he is humorless, but he finds many jokes in bad taste. School has always been something he tolerates more than enjoys, his tastes lie outside the classroom, he is a voracious explorer, and although he reads constantly, they are usually fantastic tales which have no real baring in the real world. This appetite for new things is something he takes very seriously. Despite this seriousness Thomas does have a laid back side, when not on his quest for new things he is more than happy to spend time just hanging with his friends, the way he sees it he has his whole life ahead of him, no reason to rush anywhere.
    History: (Where did you come from, why were you chosen for the academy? Family? Previous Issues? Anything that could come useful to other people. 2-3 Paragraph minimum):

Thomas was born in Slateport City in the Hoeen region, his father was a sailor and was often away, leaving his wife to raise their six children. Thomas was the third oldest, and while his older brother and sister were forced to help with raising the younger children, Thomas slipped through the cracks, and was left to pretty much do as he pleased. So he spent most of his youth by the docks watching the ships come in. It was here that he first heard tales of far away lands, saw exotic pokemon and heard tales of brave and adventurous trainers. This instilled in him a love of adventure, so much that he ran away when he was twelve, but was tracked down by his father and brought back home soon after. After that his parents kept a closer eye on him, and he was forced to spend much more time at school. Although he never discovered a passion for it, Thomas was able to survive, if not exactly thrive. But, he did find a group of friends who had similar interests. Together they explored the hills and forests surrounding their childhood homes.
    In this way did Thomas pass his early teens, not ecstatic, but content. Mostly he was waiting, waiting to grow up, waiting for an opportunity, any opportunity to come his way. Finally, when he was 16 the event he had been waiting for arrived. A letter from a top pokeacademy asking him come study there. At first he rejected the offer out of hand. The last thing he wanted was more school, but then he realized what he was really rejecting: they were giving him the chance to become a Pokemon trainer, one of the heroes of his youth. That was an opportunity he could not refuse, and so he packed his bags and headed off to the academy.

Preferred Dorm: Mysterious(Houndour) or Normal(Machop) or DRAGON(Axew).

RP Sample:
    Alex was standing in a field. The field seemed to stretch out forever, knee high grass swaying in an imaginary breeze. In the distance a huge mountain rose, stretching into the sky. On the mountain's slopes, trees of every discernable type grew, a solid wall of green. Behind the mountain, a yellow sun hung, as if going down, and yet no matter how long he watched, it didn't move. Slowly, Alex started forward, striding purposefully towards the horizon. Suddenly, the sun started spinning, spinning, spinning, and then the rest of the world followed suit. First the mountain, then the ground, until Alex was standing alone, staring at a spinning kaleidoscope. Then, the colors faded into a uniform white, flashing hot for a single second, and slowly Alex became aware of the outside world, and carefully opened his eyes.

What he saw was, to put it mildly, bizarre. A large group of metallic, chrome beings, mostly likely robots, Alex thought with disbelief. I mean come on, robots don't exist he thought angrily to himself. But, his eyes did not appear to be lying to him. The beings in front of him seemed to be both real, and robots. As if to prove it, one of the robots extended a tentacle and prodded Alex's leg. Alex lay where he was, not reacting to the rather pushy robot. The robot insistently kept on prodding him. Disgruntled, Alex slowly stood up. The robot, happy at being obeyed, grabbed his hand in a vice grip, and with another claw, started attaching a bracelet to it. Alex's gut instinct was to attempt to fight the robot. Luckily, he was able to suppress his rage for enough time to realize the foolishness of attacking something made of metal with his bare hands. So, the robot was able to attach the bracelet with no trouble, and making a content buzzing noise, it floated away, to perform other tasks.

Only then did Alex get a chance to look around. He saw a rather disparate group of people, all being similarly "braceleted". The majority of them seemed to have no idea what was going on, instead looking at the robots with bleary eyed suspicion and disbelief. But, Alex was unable to get a good look at most of them, because his eyes swept the room, a loud voice boomed out.

theme song: none at the moment, if i find a good one i will post it here.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Name: Keiku Reishu...preferably known as K.R. If it has to be an English name, then it's Kurtis "Kurt" Roberts (Still K.R. lol)

Appearance: Mr.Reishu stands at 5' 11" and weighs in at around 175 lbs, On top of his head is a crown of spiky black hair with a blazing blue streak in front. He has piercing green eyes and perfect white teeth. Heis favorite outfit consists of a tight black shirt with a white skull on it which stops at the first half of his top shoulder. Looking at K.R. the first thing that would come to your mind is probably "A no good punk."

K.R. also has two silver loop earrings in both ears. He wears a black leather spike strap on his right wrist and wear a silver Dragonair chain on his shirt. If you look at his right arm, you will find a dagger tattoo, which of course you would probably comment on. Complimentig his shirt are black skinny jeans with a large silver skull on the right back pocket. He also keeps a silver chain wallet in his left pocket, which can also be seen as well.

Personality: We've all heard the saying that looks can be deceiving, well K.R. must have been the writer of that phrase. Even though K.R. looks like a punk looking for trouble, in reality he is actually a blunt, yet kind person. He is often willing to do what's right and doesn't mind helping others out from time to time, however sometimes there can be a tinge of bitterness within him if one was to analyze his tone. Keiku usually keeps his head straight and tries to keep calm through tough situations. Being a believer in seeing good in everybody, some can see he is a little too much of an optimist, don't get him wrong though, this kid is NOT a pushover! In the end though, he is someone anybody would be glad to have on their team.

History:
    Spoiler:

Preferred Dorm: After receiving his letter, K.R. had to consider which dorm to stay in, considering that this would permanently affect his future...

1st Choice:

Spoiler:

2nd Choice:

Spoiler:

3rd Choice:
    Spoiler:

RP Sample:
    Spoiler:

Theme Song: Japanese Version- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOrAiSi04YU
    English Dub- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJfLXKjxuEo

Last edited:

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
  • Name: Austin Heurtz

Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9w4qMsA9Ds

Appearance: Austin has a look that is completely and utterly his. He stands at about 5'10 and weighs approximately 156lbs. His body has a medium build, so he isn't very bulky, but he still has muscle tone. Austin has dark brown hair that hangs around his head wildly. His hair has several different looks, starting at 'Tousled', and ending at 'bed-head.' Austin's eyes tend to change color, so they aren't the same color for very long. They usually appear to be hazel, green, or brown. Austing has a light skin tone, and it is slightly tanned. He has a scar on the back of his wrist from getting cut by a piece of metal.

Ever since he first saw it, Austin has been obsessed with the 'Steampunk' style. He finds it incredibly cool, and enjoys how it combines an old style with futuristic technologies. Inspired by a cosplayer's steampunk costume, Austin decided to create his own sets of steampunk costumes to wear day-to-day. He has many different sets, but he has several copies of his standard one; Austin wears a dark black vest with a white dress shirt underneath it. He has a pair of goggles that contain interchangeable lenses, as well as unrecognizable mechanical bits. The pants that are in this set are black, as are the shoes. Connecting the top and the pants is a belt that is covered in all sorts of Gadgets. Austin also has a special cane (which he only takes out on special occasions) that looks like a giant screw.

Personality: When asked to describe Austin with one word, most people would either say kind, or sincere. Austin is one of those people who is nice to everybody first, and then treats them based on the way they treat him. Do to this, Austin makes a lot of friends, and nearly everyone that lives near him knows who he is. Austin is a complete optimist, and he's always looking at the brighter side of life. Austin enjoys cheering others on, and assisting others in difficult times. Austin can be the nicest, most reliable person, or he can be your worst enemy. While Austin is incredibly nice to those who are nice to him, He makes the life of people who are mean to him and his friends unbearable. Austin has a huge web of friends, and quite a few of them have parents with major influences in cities, schools and even gyms. Austin paints this great picture of himself, he's a great guy, he's super nice, but underneath it all, he builds a huge network to support himself. He has his own personal army, and he's excellent at manipulating it. Few people realize this, and those who do are the ones whose lives Austin makes difficult. Austin is a mastermind. A mastermind with a disarming smile, and a seemingly huge heart.

When Austin Isn't trying to 'make friends' or build up a network, he enjoys relaxing and cooling off. Austin loves to read and play videogames, as well as draw. His skill when it comes to drawing is kind of low, but he enjoys it anyway, because it helps him concentrate on a task he's currently working on. if you see him sketch in a notepad for a few hours, you know he's working on something big. Austin usually only reads when he's nervous, using it as a way to try to calm down and gather his thoughts in order to prepare for whatever it is that's making him nervous. As for the videogames, he just plays them when he's bored and has got nothing better to do. Austin likes many things, but the thing he likes the most is Steampunk. He loves the idea of an old style coming together with a more futuristic style to create something totally new and awesome.

Overall, it's hard to read Austin. He's a genius that knows how to play his cards, and who to have on his side. He has his own hobbies, some innocent, some not as innocent as they seem. He knows what to do, when to do it, and who should do it. He can be your best Ally, or your worst nightmare, it all depends on how you treat him.

History: Austin Heurtz was born in Opelucid city to a family of 3. His mother Jane, his Father Matt, and his sister Kaly. Justin was born 7 years before the change of opelucid city, when the current generation made the city more futuristic. due to this, Austin got to see his city change and grow; the traditional to the modern. Austin grew up believing that change was worthwhile, and that two completely different things can both be great. Austin began to seek out different things, just to compare them. Eventually he discovered Steampunk. Austin met a Cosplayer that was wearing an unusual costume. It was old fasioned, but strangely futuristic. when he questioned the cosplayer, he explained steampunk to him, and Austin became hooked at that very moment. Steampunk was the bond of two different things, two GREAT things that he happened to enjoy. Austin decided from this point onward to design and wear his own steampunk costumes.

When Austin turned 8, he began to realize how much influence he had with his friends. As it turned out, people really liked nice people, and would be willing to help them out every once in a while. Using this information, Austin began creating a larger and larger web of friends, and began obtaining more power. No one knew that he was building up his own personal army. At least, no one close to Austin knew. Without Austin realizing it, scouts from The pokeacademy had been watching him, and they had seen how he manipulated those around him. They knew that he would be powerful one day.

Austin continued to manipulate and control, long into his teens. His large web grew larger and larger. Eventually he decided to focus purely on his academics, and he ended up in the top percentile in the region. The entire time he was focusing on his grades he was attempting to figure out which school to go to, aand which would help to boost his power the most. The decision it seems, was made for him when he received a letter in the mail from the Pokecademy.

Preferred Dorm: Mysterious Dorm - Solosis(Cell)
    2nd choice: Natural Dorm - Sewaddle
    3rd choice: Normal Dorm - Klink

RP Sample: My sample is used. it's from an older RP that my friend Strikit made. It's called Extermination, and the sample is a biiiit bloody.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2012
    Sorry guys, I had some people over, couldn't check for two days... I'll read your posts later today and get my own sign up up. Afterwards, we can start.

Years
  • Sign-up form

Hey, i've been looking for an active pokemon school RP so I hope i'm accepted for this one. ^_^

Name: Stella Summers

Appearance: (my avatar) Long layered hair dyed yellow with blue tips. She has hazel blue eyes, is about 5'6 and weighs 115 lbs. She usually wears a bright yellow hoodie, with a long black and white dress shirt underneath with fishnet stockings and boots.

Personality: She is friendly, laid back, playful and sarcastic, but also very serious when she needs to be. She has a hard time making friends but she also has a lot of compassion for people and pokemon a like. To those she does befriend, she gets close to them very easily, but conciders her pokemon to be closest to her. Because she is very sensitive, she wears her heart on her sleeve, and is often hurt by the rudeness of others. But she tries her best to keep a positive attitude and show kindness towards everyone. Secretly though, she would much rather spend time with her pokemon than hanging out with people. She loves to be needed and take care of them, as well as learn from them too. She often day dreams of traveling the world together on her their own adventure and exploring other regions to see and study all different kinds of pokemon.

History: Ever since Stella was a little girl she has been a pokemon lover, and pokemon love her back for her caring and motherly nature. She currently resides in Goldenrod City and works a part-time job as a cashier at the department store. She tends to spend all her money on her pokemon, taking them out, buying accessories, and getting them groomed. All together her and her team live a pretty simple city life and perfer a peaceful outing or a good movie instead of a training session. Although, her pokemon are still fairly new and young, and she hopes to be able to help them evolve and reach their full potential some day. Her parents think she spoils her pokemon too much and she needs to learn the proper way to raising them. After seeing Stella can hold a job and an apartment on her own, they finally decided to sign her up to attend the Pokeacademy.

Preferred Dorm: Elemental Dorm, Pikachu
    2nd choice: Normal Dorm, Growlithe
    3rd choice: Mysterious Dorm, (but i dont have any OCs of this type... ): )

RP Sample: (note: my pokemon OCs are in my sig. (: )

Relieved for the day, Stella heads back to her apartment with a bag of goodies from work to bring home to her pokemon.

"long day..." she mumbles to herself as she makes her way into her apartment complex. As she comes to the door she reaches into her bag for keys and instantly upon doing so triggers a reaction from inside.

"Hey babies!" she exclaims as she opens the door to her loyal pokemon who have been eagerly awaiting for her arrival. Rocko and Zero glomp her down and everyone's attention immediately directs to the bag of goodies in her hand. Stella giggles and pushes their sniffing noses away. "Hold on guyss, just be patient! I just got here, let me put my stuff down atleast!"

Stella walks to the counter and sets down her bag, her pokemon right at her heels. (except for Magnum who is very intent on a video game lol.) "Zeroo this is for you of course," she says pulling out a bone from her bag. Zero's face lights up and he immediately takes it out of her hands and goes off to chew it obsessively. "And everyone else gets fresh berries," she puts the bag on the floor for them and each pokemon takes a berry and munches it contently, although Chomper, being the fattie he is, literally fills his face full of them.

Stella giggles at her silly pokemon and goes to the mirrior to change out of her work clothes. She puts her hair up in a pony tail, washes her face, and gets into her nighty.

"Oh, hey guys, zombie marathon tonight!" she exclaims, pulling up her slippers. Being big movie fans her pokemon all jump onto the couch, shoving Magnum over and causing him to lose his game. Just as he's about to chuck the remote at Rocko, Stella takes a seat next to him and pets his head. "You can play as much as you want tomorrow." she reassures him. Magnum lets out a frustrated sigh but accepts. He does like Zombie movies too afterall.

Stella reaches over her pokemon for the remote, turns on the tv and lays on her side, scooping Cleo into her arms and resting her head on her body. All her pokemon huddle in and get comforable against her as the Zombie movie begins...

Theme: Stella was a diver and she was always down - Interpol (lol)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2012
    Yeah, I saw... I know I asked for them to be put there, but can you move it here? The easier it is for me to compare sign ups, the sooner we can get started...

Oh, and pkmn-trainer-stella, can you extend the personality and history a little? Maybe add her thoughts on going to the academy, why she was accepted there?

Last edited:

KillehKiwi

Fluent in Sarcasm.
    Years
  • Well, this RP certainly seems interesting! I think I shall make my comeback from incognito with this sign up. :)

Name: Charlene Cecilia Clark

Appearance:

Charlene is what you might call the average 'American Girl'. She is often described as attractive by hormonal teenage boys who can't get past the fact that she is, in fact, female, with blonde hair. Though if you take a closer look at Charlene, you'll find that she isn't just blonde and breasted. Behind her blue-grey eyes, you see intelligence, more so than you might find in the average 'American Girl'. Charlene stands somewhat tall for a girl, with her full height being five feet six inches. This height suits Charlene, as she doesn't like being looked down on, but she'd rather not look down on others. Her skin is pale, but not the shade of pale that looks sickly. Rather, it is more of a natural color that is seen when one doesn't like to spend a lot of time outside. Charlene's hair, as mentioned beforehand, is blonde. It flows past her shoulders in natural curls that she almost never straightens, and it is usually kept in a neat, elegant ponytail high on her head, with her bangs pushed back to stop its annoying habit of disrupting her vision.

Though Charlene is at an average height for a woman, she has rather long fingers and legs. Most of her body, in fact, can be owed to the length of her thin legs. That is another word that can describe Charlene, thin. Maybe even toned if you catch her at the right time of the year. She is a healthy girl, though her natural slim body may make her seem unhealthy by the fact that she has rather knobby knees, elbows, and various other joints. Charlene's face is pixie-like, her eyes larger than may be considered normal, and her nose thin over a full-lipped, yet small, mouth. Her teeth are relatively straight and white, but they are not chemically whitened or straightened by braces. They are just natural.

Charlene is a rather casual person, she doesn't spend hours on her hair or make-up, and she never fusses about what she has to wear. She enjoys wearing sweaters, turtlenecks, t-shirts, and jeans during the winter and fall months, and capris, (again) t-shirts, camisoles, shorts, and sun dresses during the summer and spring months. She does not have one set 'style', she wears whatever is appropriate for the season or whatever is on top in her drawers. However, Charlene does enjoy accessorizing. She loves necklaces and bracelets, earrings (she has two piercings in her ears), headbands, rings, anklets, you name it and she wears them, though she doesn't go overboard.

Personality:

Charlene is a rather quiet, bookish type of person. She enjoys reading about large crowds and parties than actually being in large crowds or at parties. She is shy, there is no denying that, but tha doesn't mean she doesn't like people. No, in actuality, she very much likes others, she jusat doesn't know how to talk to them. Charlene is one of the kindest souls you may ever meet in your entire lifetime. A large portion of her time is spent helping out at the Pokemon Centers, as she enjoys assisting to injured Pokemon and Trainers. She is nice to absolutely anybody she meets, though she is quiet. No matter how a person treats her, she responds by being even kinder to that person. As her father always said, 'Kill 'em with kindness.' Charlene gives everybody the benefit of the doubt, and strives to make excuses for rude people such as 'They were having a bad day.'

People seem to like Charlene, though some are skeptical of her forgiving and eternally-kind ways. She has many friends, though she considers her best friends to be within her beloved books. And with all that reading, comes knowledge and intelligence. Charlene is exceptionally intelligent, and she likes to read the medical books from the Pokemon Centers for extra knowledge.

Charlene has a very long fuse, never quick to anger and always speedy to mediate. She is usually the person to stop a building fight, and even calm down the most outraged person or Pokemon. Pokemon are one of her passions, though she isn't quite the most learned in battling. She more enjoys reading about battles than actually battling, but she is not a stranger to the techniques and styles of battling. You could call her an average leve trainer, but never more than that.

One of Charlene numerous flaws is the intense frustration, but never anger, when it comes to the unknown or something that she simply does not understand. Years of studying and reading have made her intelligent, but nothing can teach her something relative to a person, such as emotions or the mystery of Legendary Pokemon. She knows so much, yet there are simple things that confuse her or she just can't grasp fully. Though these things are rare, they are maddening to Charlene.

History:

Charlene hails from the city of Nimbasa in the Unova region. She grew up around the hustle and bustle of a town with a rather popular theme park, which may have been in a cause as to why she is an introvert as a young woman. Her father, who is actually a manager at the theme park, is Harold Clark, and her mother, a stay-at-home-mom who was once a rather famous Coordinator in the Sinnoh Region, before she moved to Unova, is named Michelle. She has two older brothers, Gregory and Kevin. Gregory is a respected Pokemon Trainer, now traveling to other regions in search of new challenges. She hasn't spoken to him for over two years. And Kevin is working at becoming a teacher at the Trainer School in Unova.

Charlene's story is not long, nor is it very interesting. She was born two years after her brother Kevin and five years after Gregory. She was no as introverted as a child as she is today. She was once the average little girl, curious, loud, and playful. She loved playing with Lillipups and such other cute Pokemon as a young girl, yet never finished her initial Pokemon journey. Partially, because she was not as gifted in the art of battling as oher trainers, and partially because her mother got sick. Nothing too serious, but Charlene insisted on coming home and taking care of her mother while her father ran the amusement park. When her mother recovered, Charlene just never set back out to finish what she had started. Instead, she became content with sitting at home and reading and working at the Pokemon Center, rather than pitting poor Pokemon against each other.

Maybe the reason that Charlene is so quiet is because of her mother. Her mother, well, she never was as nice to her daughter as she was to her sons. Charlene wasn't abused, physically or otherwise, but the scorn she did get from her mother on many occasion made her retreat farther and farther inside herself as she grew older. Her mother scorned what she said and what she thought, never taking her notions or beliefs seriously. Charlene learned just to keep quiet and stay within her books, rather than be laughed at. But Charlene kept her kindness, and it multiplied as she took the insults and such from her mother daily. Her father was never home, as he was eternally busy. The fact that she came home to help the mother that scorned her really shows just how caring and kind hearted Charlene is, no matter what the circumstances.

Charlene received her letter a sunny morning in late summer, and was shocked that she had been accepted to her dream school. As Charlene is modest, she had no idea that she'd even been considered among all those others, probably more seasoned Trainers, that had applied. It was only the most renowned school in the Pokemon world! Though everyone who knew Charlene had more than an inkling that she would be accepted, if not for her battling skills than for her vast intelligence of battling and Pokemon.

Theme Song: Smile - Uncle Kracker

Preferred Dorm:

Spoiler:

Back Up Preferences:

Spoiler:

RP Sample:

Spoiler:

Eh, I don't like the Sample, much. But I hope my first sign-up in forever is satisfactory! :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yeah, I saw... I know I asked for them to be put there, but can you move it here? The easier it is for me to compare sign ups, the sooner we can get started...

Oh, and pkmn-trainer-stella, can you extend the personality and history a little? Maybe add her thoughts on going to the academy, why she was accepted there?

Sure! :) i really couldnt think of anything to extend it too much more though, but I added some info on the reason shes going to the academy so i hope its better now ^^;

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2012
    Alright, I'll be re-reading everybody's sign ups, then ranking them in my favorite order. Afterwards I'll type up the first post and in that, your dorms will be revealed, so stay tuned! :D

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • The profile is complete (I think). His name links to his theme.

Name: Shayne Nicandro Reese

Appearance: Standing at 5'4" and and weighing 123lbs, Shayne does not exactly have an eye-catching build. Beneath his mess of black hair, pale blue eyes stare out at the world--bright enough to easily be visible even under the shadow of the fedora he is often seen wearing. On his left ear is fastened a silver earring bearing a cross and looping chain. Signs of snakebite piercings remain near his lips, though they may only be seen from close proximity. When in his shy persona, Shayne is sometimes compelled to place the silver rings back around his lips. While his skin tone is fairly close to the median, its contrast with his dark hair causes it to seem lighter.

During the times when he is feeling bolder, Shayne's wardrobe lingers somewhere between formal and casual. He owns a number of short-sleeved collared shirts and ties, the latter of which may either be fastened neatly about his neck or knotted loosely about his unbuttoned collar when it is worn. While he does have a few long-sleeved shirts, he tends to fold the sleeves up anyway, even in cool weather. Black slacks belted at the waist are his preference to wear on his bottom half, though he has been known to wear jeans occasionally as well--more frequently when his shy persona is active. Wide, buckled straps are fastened about his wrists. Shayne keeps a small, silver pin attached to his shirt's collar.

The clearest sign of Shayne's personality switch is, aside from the fact that he will probably be avoiding you, the replacement of his hat and semi-formal shirt with a t-shirt of a quiet shade and a casual jacket with its hood up. Some have theorized that he believes the hood hides his blushing. His outfit is completed by either a pair of tennis shoes or dark boots.

Personality: Typically Shayne is an easygoing, casually (and indiscriminately) flirtatious person, even if a little competitive sometimes. He seems to see the beauty in everything and enjoy being a part of the world around him. Insults are usually laughed off or answered in banter, and tasks are approached with an attitude somewhere between cavalier and eager. Despite his nonchalant manner, an attentive observer might note Shayne's readiness to try to charm everyone he meets. In truth, Shayne has several jarringly contrasting sides to him that border on multiple personalities. Weighed by a constant sense of inadequacy, his friendly persona developed from his efforts gain approval and in an attempt to become the person his parents wanted him to be.

Also frustrated by the nearly constant pressures placed on him by his father and his apparently as constant failures, a part of Shayne has simply resigned itself to feeling as though he is never good enough. This side of him is tinged by bitterness and resentment but is mostly shy and socially awkward. Some have noted that Shayne's friendly side possesses confidence and insight beyond his years, while those who have seen his shy self rarely fail to note that its traits are societally inappropriate for someone as old as he is.

In the past, Shayne has interacted with others fairly well. Able to control his personality switches to a degree, he quickly found that using his friendly side when around more others was favorable. His shy self wanted to be alone anyway. Though he had a decent number of friends in his home town and dated a few girls, he never allowed anyone to grow particularly close to him. The distance he maintained even frustrated some people into ending their relationships with him. Despite his desire for attention, fear of abandonment and disapproval prevented him from fully trusting anyone. Thus, though he had enough friends, few to none were likely to consider him their "best friend."

History: From the moment he was born, Shayne's parents had high hopes for him. His father was a top coordinator, placing in the finals of the Grand Festival his last year competing. His mother was a skilled Pokemon trainer, defeating all the gyms in her region in under six months. Both his parents hoped that one day their son would carry on their legacy and taught him much about Pokemon handling from an early age. Eventually Shayne's mother and father began to disagree about whether the boy should devote more effort to being a trainer or a coordinator, his father citing his own eventual lack of success as more reason for Shayne to do what he never did. As time passed, these arguments grew increasingly sharp. Aside from them, however, Shayne's parents appeared rather amicable toward one another.

Day and night, Shayne's life was filled with Pokemon and expectations regarding his prowess with them. From the time he could throw a Pokeball (or at least drop it at an appropriate time), Shayne began to learn about battle. His first word was "Marill," his second "win," and his third "momma." Often Shayne was enrolled in nearby amateur tournaments, after which he was offered advice on how to improve. To their credit, Shayne's parents were generous with the amount of attention they gave him. Less flatteringly, their attempts to encourage him were often overwhelmed by their desire for perfection. Shayne's hometown--a moderately small place where almost everyone knew almost everyone--was familiar with his parents' history and began to hope for the son's success as well.

When Shayne was eleven, his parents had a particularly bitter fight about the direction of his future. Taking Shayne's hand, his father stormed out of the house and brought the boy to sign up for his coordinator's license. Upon their arrival home, the pair found the mother had calmed considerably. Again the world had been righted. Over the next few days, Shayne's parents discussed with more rationality whether he should participate in the upcoming contest or not. Eventually they selected a decision method they had not used before: they asked him. Glancing nervously between his parents and remembering the fervency with which he had been taught, Shayne told them he wanted to enter the contest.

The day of the contest, Shayne's father brought him to the stadium early, the boy's mother saying she would meet them there when the contest began. She never appeared. This time when father and son returned home, they found the house empty. A note was left on the kitchen counter, stating simply, "I will not return. Please do not look for me. Goodbye." While he is not certain why his mother disappeared, to this day Shayne blames himself for her leaving.

If someone were to objectively rate Shayne's raw talent, he would likely only place in the top twenty percentile. Heritage and hard work, however, gained him enough attention to provide entry to the Pokecademy.

Preferred Dorm: Mysterious (Starter: Solosis)
    Choice 2: Normal (Starly)
    Choice 3: Natural (Nidoran♂)

RP Sample:

"You can stop digging through my bag, Dad. I have plenty of healing items. Super Potions, Full Heals--even Hyper Potions." Shayne set an armful of clothes down on his bed beside his open suitcase and made his way over to his father who was looking through the teenager's backpack while trying to appear unconcerned.

The older man cleared his throat and straightened. "Of course. I knew you would; you're a responsible young man." He paused. "Have you considered the matter of Full Restores? Last time you didn't have one it cost you the battle."

"Dad, I was seven," Shayne laughed. "And yes, I have one. Before you start in, you should know that's all the Pokemart had left." Turning, the student-to-be began setting shirts in his luggage. He heard his father sigh behind him but continued his work.

"This is why I tell you to plan ahead, but I guess there's not much we can do about it now. That reminds me, though: I have something for you." The sound of his footsteps retreated from the room into the hallway.

Looking down at the contents of his suitcase, Shayne reviewed a mental checklist. Clothes are here, Saoirse's Pokeball is on my belt, school letter is in my backpack with food and battle items, hat is in the front hall . . . right, toothbrush. Spinning his Pokemon's ball absentmindedly, Shayne walked out the door to the bathroom where he dug a new toothbrush out of one of the drawers. After a moment of thought, he grabbed a tube of toothpaste and a case of floss as well. Seeing his father's shadow extending out the doorway as he approached his room, Shayne reattached the Pokeball to his belt as he said, "Hey, mind if I bring the floss with me? I'd pick up some from the store, but--" He stopped short. "Dad?"

Shayne's father looked at him quietly, a flute of red glass resting in his hands. "I think you should have this, son."

Shifting his gaze to one side, the boy's voice deadened as he replied, "It's not yours to give, and it's not my right to accept. That flute belonged--belongs to Mom."

"When she left, your mother brought many things with her. Her Pokemon, most of her old traveling gear, and her clothes were gone. But this was still here, in the same place it always was. At first I thought she was trying to tell me something, but now I think she hoped you would have it some day. Anyway, I don't need . . . I don't need it here."

In his father's brief pause, Shayne caught the unspoken words "or want it." He was not sure he wanted it either. What he did know was that he was not of a mind to argue at the moment. With his gaze still averted, he took the flute and walked past his father. "Thanks."

With a few deft movements, Shayne wrapped the flute in an undershirt and packed it beside his dental supplies. In the awkward silence of his room, the sound of him zipping up his suitcase sounded almost obnoxiously loud. Shayne looked back at his father. "I'm going to sleep now. Long day tomorrow."

"That's a good idea," his father stated wearily, nodding his head slightly. He seemed to have aged ten years in the past few minutes. "This is a great opportunity for you. Use it to become a talented coordinator and trainer."

"Of course."

"Goodnight, son." Placing one hand on the doorway for support, the man made his way out of the room.

"Goodnight."

Last edited:

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Name: Dean Situla

Appearance: Dean has long black hair that hangs over his eyes when he hasn't parted it to either side. It reaches down to about his shoulders at its longest. He has a pale face and dark eyes that you can hardly see the whites of. His nose is similar to a bird's beak long and curved down wards. He has thin lips that have just as much color drained from them as his face. These are worn almost always in a frown. His face is rounded and long, in an oval shape. He is an average height but is very light. He is scrawny and un-muscular. His ears are always hidden by his hair but are average shape and size.

He usually wears clothes that are slightly too big for him so that he doesn't reveal his scrawny frame. He prefers long sleeved shirts. He usually tries to wear dark colors so he isn't easily noticed in a crowd. He wears long pants most of the time, often times these pants are slacks. He wears any sneaker he owns but prefers athletic shoes to dress shoes. He prefers to have low topped regular running shoes.

Personality: Nobody likes Dean. He has no friends. But this is not without reason; it is because Dean likes to keep to himself. But also because he is too smart, clever and cunning for his age. People bully him as a nerd, but it all just comes naturally. He finds no problem in thinking of a way out of things or how to do things the most efficiently. He hopes that nobody will bother him, but only because he feels that they will harm him, he would love to have a friend. There are few things that Dean wouldn't do to his enemies if he were able.

Dean has always been intrigued by Pokémon but has never had one himself, having grown up in poverty' he had to stay home and work to make things better. He has only used Pokémon when he has seen wild ones and tried to pit them against his opponents. He feels that if he were allowed the use of Pokémon he would be excellent at it.

History: Dean's father was a sailor, Dean had always admired him, one day he was sent out to sea, he never returned. So he grew up with his mother, a librarian, she made little money at her job but occasionally brought home old books that the library wanted. Dean read those books for entertainment. This began to expand his mind and thought horizon, he became more and more knowledgeable everyday.

When Dean received a letter in the mail saying that he would be attending Pokeacademy this year, he was ecstatic. He would finally be able to make his enemies hurt, become powerful and make some money to drag his family out of poverty. He had no idea why they would send him of all people one of these letters but it didn't matter. He was going and that was the bottom line.

Preferred Dorm: Mysterious Dorm: Solosis Abra
    Backups________
    Dragon Dorm: Bagon
    Natural Dorm: Bulbasaur
    RP Sample: Van kicked the curled up body with force, so that it let out a groan. "What'd you say?" Van asked the human, taunting him.
    "Okay, Okay. I said that you're probably going to see that one freak in Lavender Town."
    "What is that." Van said impatiently. "Another Pokéma?" Van brought up his foot to kick again, but he was interrupted. His lips curled slightly.
    "It's a Pokéma that's stopping a slave shipment," The man said with haste. "They were looking for help when I was there."
    "So you assumed that just because I'm a Pokéma I'd want to help?" He snorted.
    "Yes. Please, just stop hurting me." The man said in a would-be-polite voice.
    "Okay, but just because you had some good information. Remember this next time you think that you're entitled to hurt Pokéma."

Van sprouted his four purple and teal wings from his back and set off into the air. He didn't want to make the human's predictions correct, but he was going to Lavender Town.

He flew eastward hoping that he wouldn't have to face any trouble along the way.

About three miles into his journey, he began to feel hungry. He flew down to the nearest town.
    There were shops and people walking to and fro, it was a small rural town on top of a large hill, surrounded by a lake off to the west. He looked for any signs of where he was, he found one. A tree just to his left near a group of other trees read, 'Viridian City' He had been here a few times before and he knew he had a decent way to go before reaching Lavender Town.
    He didn't make his wings shrink back into his body, he decided to keep them out despite the amount of trouble it could cause. He went to the nearest store, walking with his shoulders hunched and his hands in his pockets as he often times did. The store had all sorts of food in the window. Van stared at it, not as someone who had no money usually would, but with the air of a rich man able to buy whatever he pleased.
    In the glass' reflection, he could see people walking by and covering there children's eyes at the sight of him, spitting at his feet, or wearing looks of obvious disgust. This didn't bother Van, for in his eyes they were inferior beings, who had no grounds to compare themselves to him with.
    He walked into the store the bell on the door ringing as it opened. He turned immediately to the window where there was food on display and grabbed a large Miltank steak.
    "Stop that!!" Van turned on his heel, steak in hand, to see who said it. He spotted an old shopkeeper attending the register. He had his hand over his mouth as if that would change the fact that Van heard him. Van walked over to him with a sinister air and flapped his wings creating a strong gust.

"AAH!" It frightened the shop keeper and he ducked behind the counter where he stood. Van smirked confidently and left the store. How dare that filth command him what to do.
    He left town, started a fire. Cooked the steak. Had the whole of it for dinner, and slept in a tree in a sitting position, with his head resting against the trunk coming off of the highest branch.

((OOC: Hope that's acceptable.))

Theme Song, forgot to add... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdgCajndgNw

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2012
    (hope its not to late to sign up. and i also hope my character isnt to unrealistic but i think he will add some...variety, to the rp.)

Name: Harrison (prefers Harry) Backlot

Appearance: Harrison has short blonde hair that reaches down to about the bottom of his ears. His hair is always full of hair sculptor and hairspray as he is satisfied with nothing but perfection and often carries a small amount of sculptor with him in his bag just in case a strand falls out of place. He has a pale face for the most part but his eyes are definately the first thing you notice when you look at him as they are the brighest of blues you have ever seen and it is difficult to avert your gaze from them when he is talking to you. He his nose is small but perfect in fact to perfect, although he claims to have never had surgery before. His face is kind of square at the top but flows inwards to a rather pointed chin. Harrison stands at 169cms which is the normal height for males his age and he is slighlty lighter than the avergae 15 yr old male at 53kgs.

Harrison will never be seen in anything other than the finest clothing made from the finest materials and he thinks it a crime to wear any outfit that didn't cost more than around $50,000. Its for this reason that the contents of his wardrobe cost more than what a successfull CEO earns in a year which is around the $900,000 mark. Harrison is almost always seen sporting his favourite suit which consists of a dress shirt, that was made by clothes designing company Eton for their 80th anniversary, which is made from the finest Egyptian and is worth more than $45,000 which is understandable as the studs and cufflinks are diamond encrusted, a suit jacket and pants, which are gold threaded, made by the famous Alexander Amosu, which cost about $70,000 and his dress shoes and Corum Mens watch combined cost about $30,000. So all up Harrisons usual outfit costs about $145,000, he's just lucky he comes from family with money.

Personality: Harrison detests the thought of associating with poor people which is why he only surrounds himself with other kids whose families have close to or equal to the same amount of money as his family does. This also helps him to ensure they are really his friends and are not just friendly to him because he has lots of money. Harrison is smart, independant, creative and knows how to get what he wants. Harrison is not afraid never throw around cash to get his own way and has been taught the many skills to bribing by his father.

History: Harrison is a member of the prestigous Backlot family which is one of the richest families know throughout the five regions. His father owns all of the major department stores in each region which includes the All Nine Shopping Mall in the Unova region, which is one of the best in the world, which is where he receives most of his money from as well as various other investsments he has throughout the regions, some of which include shares in the Hoenn, Kanto, Johto and Sinnoh game corners and part ownership of Silph. Co in the Kanto region and Devon Corp. in the Hoenn region. His mother used to be a world famous Poke'stylist who has designed pokemon outfits for the most famous of peoples pokemon, although she retired early to enjoy her riches, as well as her husbands, she will occasionally still design for her most loyal, and well paying, customers and is a frequent at the exclusive Ribbon Syndicate in the Sinnoh region. Harrisons grandfather is the famous Mr. Backlot who owns the prestigous Pokemon Mansion in Sinnoh and as a child Harrison used to love playing with all the exotic pokemon that would appear in his grandfathers prized trophy garden. Harrisons lives in an immacualte mansion, in the Unova region, that is located just outside of of Nimbasa city. Harrison loves going to watch the local sportin games that are held in the Big Stadium and Small Court.

Harrison was offered a spot at Pokemon Academy due to his fathers frequent monetarial contributions to the academy and his grandfathers high standings with the Dean. All of Harrisons family have also attended the Pokemon Academy at some stage in their lives except for his younger sister who is not yet old enough.

Preffered Dorm: Normal Dorm - Porygon

Backup Dorms: Mysterious Dorm - Litwick
    Elemental Dorm - Magby

RP: Harrison sat in his room, which was elaborately decorated with many expensive things, counting his latest allowance when there was a knock on the door..

"Enter" Harrison replied with a bored voice

The door opened and a man dressed in a butler uniform walked in.

"Master Harrison, your mother requests you downstairs in the kitchen at the present time, if you will" said the butler with a European accent.

"What does she want?" Harriosn sighed, he hated being disturbed when he was counting money.

"Im not entirely sure Master Harrison, something about a Pokemon Academy" replied the butler

This got Harrisons attention, "Well its about time" he cried, leaping from the desk and running out door.

Harrison ran down the three flights of stairs to the bottom floor at full speed, nearly bowling over his sisters Togepi in the process.

"heyyy" cried his sister "Watch where your going"

"Togepriii" cried Togepi

But Harrison was only concerned about himself at that moment and kept running. He eventually skidded into the kitchen knocking over some chairs in the process.

"Pick them up!" he cried to the Maid and stopped just in time to avoid collision with the counter. His mother stood behind the counting frowning at him.

"You need'nt be so mean to the help" she sighed

"Well they're called help for a reason and picking up those chairs would be helping me, because then i wuldnt have to do it" Harrison replied smartly

His mother just rolled her eyes at him at him.

"So tell me tell me tell me, did father get me a spot in the Pokemon Academy?" he asked anxiously.

"Yes indeed he did" replied his mother "They were more willing after a small "donation was made, ahh the things you can achieve with money" she sighed

"Yeah yeah yeah" replied Harrison "Whats that?" he asked pointing to the letter his mother was holdin, it was beige in colour with gold glitter sprinkled over it. It aslo had a red wax seal with PA stamped into it.

"Oh, this is the letter that came from the academy" she explained "Would you like to open it?"

"Mmmmmm no" replied Harrison after a little thought "I cant be bothered and I already know I got in so whats the point" and he took the letter from his mother and stuffed it in his pocket.

"You should go and pack, you leave tomorrow" she told him

"Tomorrow!?" shouted Harrison "But thats like....tomorrow, I have so much I need to pack" he exclaimed

"Well you better start now" his mother told him "Off you go"

"Ahaha" laughed Harrison "Ahhh mother, I wont be doing the packing, thats what the helps for" Harrison said cheekily and whizzed around and pointed to a small group of Maids "You'se can help me pack!" he commanded.

"Yes Master Harrison" they replied in unison and swiftly made their way upstairs.

Harrison turned back to his mother who had a dissaproving look on her face "The help is helping mother" he told her and kissed her on the cheek then ran back to his room.

Upon returning to his room he started co-ordinating the various maids, telling them what had to be packed and things like that. He could beleive he was finally going to get away and be among people who were just as rich as him, there was no way "poor" people would be there because the school was so expensive. If only Harrison had read the letter then he would know he was all too wrong. He was in for nasty surprise now.

Theme song: 'Money' by the Flying Lizards.

Last edited:
    Back