• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeCommunity blogs

Sirfetch’d

As someone who blogs on occasion and reads every blog posted, I thought this would be a fun topic! Let's talk about the PC blog feature.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I've had access to blogs since I became a tier 2 supporter back when we sorted supporters into number tiers instead of colors. I've never used it.
    I think that has more to do with the fact that every time I want to write a blog I forget what I was going to post about. And then I forget about the blog for a while.

I don't usually read others' blogs, mostly because they're a bit more out of the way compared to what I'm usually interested in reading. But they can be pretty fun to stop by and look at every now and then.

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
    Years
    I love the blogs here, it's fun to convey your feeling and emotions from yourself out onto a canvas which basically is writing a blog for me. It's very therapeutic and calming because it helps me calm down and just put things into perspective.
    But mostly I use it for interacting with other people and viewing what stories or words they have to say, which is great to see.

Sirfetch’d

underutilised great feature that has gotten little to support/updates/forum-wide exposure since it was first unveiled and that sorely needs to change

I think blogs are getting a huge overhaul in PC 2.0 but I am not too certain on that tbh. I do agree though the blog feature is in need of an update. It's not that it's currently bad but seems so behind everything else right now on the forum :(

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I've been pretty active in my blog. I try to post a life update at the end of every month to let people know how I've been doing, it has helped me look back at how I've progressed in my life as well as how I've changed.

Years
    I feel bad for not posting many blogs lately... but I had been suffering real life issues and writer's block as of late so that's my excuse for not having many new entries here lately.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    Whenever I see a movie that's in theaters, or a show that's coming out soon, I post a review to my blog. I'm thinking about also doing opinion pieces on the movie industry, but not sure if I should just stick with reviews. It's great practice, and maybe I can print off a few and send them to a few local papers, seeing if they're interested.

I don't read a lot of blogs, but I'll go and check out one if the title interests me.

Years
    I feel like one thing I should do if I bring my blog back is music reviews, since I'm a huge music junkie. In fact, I feel like Matt's blog is trying to inspire me for some reason.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I think blogs are getting a huge overhaul in PC 2.0 but I am not too certain on that tbh. I do agree though the blog feature is in need of an update. It's not that it's currently bad but seems so behind everything else right now on the forum :(

i'd rather not be dead before blogs are updated

Years
    I probably should use mine more. I had like what...six years between two entries of mine? Yikes.

But then I run into the combo of "it slipped my mind" (the feature is rather out of the way compared to everything) plus the rather self-defeating "who would want to read about anything I did, anyway."
    And then I never post anything. :D I try to every so often, but yeah. The problem is coming up with something that seems interesting, eh heh.

As for others' blogs, I take a look through what's there sometimes. Every so often.

Years
    I blog quite a lot and check the other blogs daily. I enjoy blogging not just because I enjoy sharing myself with others, but also because it's nice to be able to express my thoughts and feelings and know that someone somewhere is going to read and relate tot hem. Blogs also can be a really cool way to interact with other PCers and are honestly just plain enjoyable to write.

I've got nothing on Matt's blog though, his is probably the reason I started haha (yes I see you viewing this thread).

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I got pretty disillusioned by blogs back when it was a dead zone and you'd get the occasional single comment/view. ): I'm glad it's a bit better now though ^^.

Sirfetch’d

I got pretty disillusioned by blogs back when it was a dead zone and you'd get the occasional single comment/view. ): I'm glad it's a bit better now though ^^.

I remember back when blogs were dead :( Thankfully people like Matt and gimmempie have helped turn that around ;D

Years
    I've had a blog since they were first introduced a hundred years ago. I blogged about Pokemon Platinum. n_n
    From then, it was a place for me to post inside jokes with various PC friends/etc.

Now, I look back on some of the entries, and I get nostalgic.
    PokeCommunity blogs

I mean, look at this.
    *sigh*

Back