• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeCommunity Card of the Day (July 5th, 2011) - Raichu (Prime) HS Undaunted 83/90

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Welcome to PokeCommunity's (Un)Official Card of the Day series!

Basically, this is a series of threads where you rate a given card based on several factors, including how useful it is in various decks, which cards it combos well with, and its art. So, basically, you're rating all aspects of the card.

Card of the Day for July 5th, 2011 - Raichu (Prime) 83/90 HS Undaunted Set

Spoiler:

(This pic is just being used to show the art. I can't find the power cable for our scanner here at the moment, otherwise I'd have used a scan)

Card details:

Spoiler:

Some questions to get you started:
    What decks is this useful in?
    What cards does it combo well with?
    What do you think about the card's capabilities?
    What do you think about the card art?

Now get your rate on!

Last edited:

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
    Years
  • im going to start with card art i think i like the way they made primes look like first off with the shinyness and stuff and i like the sparkle in raichus i think i would work best with a deck that has seadra prime.

Samurai★Rocket

Yamato Man
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2011
    I think this would work well with an Interviewers Questions and the CoL Pachirisu to collect energy cards to ready Mega Thunderbolt. A Fisherman or a few Energy Retrieval might not be bad either. The card art just displays how awesome Pokemon Primes look.

Years
  • I personally really think this card is a lot of fun, but I haven't found anything that would make it into a Tier 1 deck worthy of outright supplanting Zekrom as king of the Electric types. Art is interesting. One of the better Prime artworks. I suppose it could be an attacker to use between later game Zekrom strikes, but it has a pretty hefty attack cost compared to Zekrom.

7/10

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Yeah, zekrom is a basic with more HP than this stage 1 which already puts it above. Also, evolite will come out and negate 20 of the 40 damage zekrom does to itself, making it still better than raichu's discarding all the energy effect. Doing 120 with a stage 1 is still ok in casual play, and you can use it every turn regardless of the energy discard if you can get the pachirisu+shaymin combo going. I played someone at a regionals who was using this card, but it was hopeless at getting set up and not getting knocked out.
    The art is nice. Kingdra outclasses all of the primes in terms of art, but this one isn't bad.
    6/10

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back