• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeCommunity Chat now Online!

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    As some of you may have seen we've installed the NEW java chat plugin.. Well this is the official announcement and a quick guide and how to use it.

The chat is open to all registered visitors to PC, and can be accessed in the nav bar at the top of every page.
    This chat requires the latest version of Sun's Java Run Time envionment available at: https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

There are 4 offerings in the drop-down menu:
    1. Java Chat (opens in current browser window)
    2. Java Chat (pop-up) (opens in a new, smaller window)
    3. Chat with mIRC (for those of you with mIRC [or other irc client) already installed)
    4. Download mIRC Script (link to mIRC's website for download)

Most of you will choose option 2.. a new pop-up window so that you can chat and browse PC at the same time. Option 1 (see attachment) will open the chat in your current browser window and provides all the features (and PC links) shown below, but you can't continue to surf PC.
    Once you've clicked the link, the java applet will load.. give it a few minutes (longer on slower internet providers) and don't forget to accept it (select always). The chat will connect automagicly and put you in the PokeCommunity's chat room.

Once there, if you would like to change your nick name, type:
    [HIGHLIGHT]/nick <new_nick>[/HIGHLIGHT] without the <>'s
    We strongly reccomend that you "register' your name on the chat. To do this, just type in:
    [HIGHLIGHT]/msg nickserv register {your_password_here} {[email protected]}[/HIGHLIGHT] without the {}'s please.
    (note: Not ALL PC usernames will be able to work on the IRC network due to someone using them before you.. pick another if that happens to you)

Congrats, you can now chat! So say hi and chat away! Please try to stay in the room for a while as people will tend to come and go as they surf PC.. If you are in the room already, you stand a much better chance of chatting with PC members.

[HIGHLIGHT]Remember PC rules apply to the chat as well.[/HIGHLIGHT]

If you would like to 'float' or resize the channel (chatroom) window in either option 1 or 2, just click on the
    button and a new "floater" window will open for you to resize as normal.

If you need help, ask in the channel, post here, or click on the help button in the chat window.

See ya in the PokeCommunity Chat!

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    if you register you name you can 'protect' it, be set to a voiced, helper 'op', or channel 'op' and all that..

you don't need irc.. irc (internet relay chat) is the type of chat this is and the client PC uses is a java based one (pjirc).
    mIRC is a windows based irc client you can install (it's free)

devilicious

dream
    Years
    Steve, I have a few questions, and a suggestion:

-Is it really needed to talk about Pok?mon? Can we talk about something else as long as it respects the PC rules?

-By registering your nick, no one else can use it, unless they know your password, right?

-You should make bold/bigger size the part of this post when it says "Remember PC rules apply to the chat as well."

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    yes thats what i ment by protect it..

(note: Not ALL PC usernames will be able to work on the IRC network due to someone using them before you.. pick another if that happens to you)

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    Happy Dude said:
    PPN you are a nub why did you kick me off chat.

Wow Happy Dude, let's just complain and SPAM why don't we...

And Steve, about how many people have signed up for this thing already

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Chris-h11 said:
    What is the point of registering your name?

It protects your nickname and allows your nick to be registered by Chanserv and gives you access to various other services.

Deviruchi said:
    Is it really needed to talk about Pok?mon? Can we talk about something else as long as it respects the PC rules?

No, just read the channel topic when joining the channel/follow network rules that are provided to you via the MOTD.

Deviruchi said:
    -By registering your nick, no one else can use it, unless they know your password, right?

Yes, your nickname is protected through various options. If you have access to various services, i.e. Chanserv, etc, access is not granted unless you correctly identify to Nickserv. Also a timer can be set to change an unidentified user to a Guest nick within a set number of seconds.

Shadow da Hedgehog said:
    why do i need irc? also, is it free and do you have to install it?

IRC is a protocol that is used to mainly chat. Files can also be provided through the DCC protocol specified in mIRC and various other clients. IRC is free and there are multiple other servers than the one specified by Steve in the pIRC config file. If you are interested in custom settings, I would advise a permanent client such as mIRC, XChat, or various other clients. No, you don't have to install it. You can just use the java client but in return you would have to have javascript support resident on that pc. If not, then you would have to either install java or use a non-java client.

Support

Various other support can be provided through https://www.ircmadeasy.com.

Things to Remember

* Read all channel topics regarding to the #PokeCommunity channel and other networks residing on the Dejatoons network or any other network.

* Abide by any channel/network rules set by channel admins, operators, or half-operators. These are the people with either ~, &, @, or % beside their names. Some channels support the trigger !rules that msg/notice you a list of channel rules. Also abide by any network rules that may be provided by the MOTD of the server usually in your Status window.

* Don't Spam/Be Annoying. That may get you kick/banned pretty quickly.

P.S. : There are two larger pokemon relation channels on that network, including #pocketmonsters and #free_pokemon. If you have any questions, feel free to ask since I'm an expierenced IRC user.

Shadow da Hedgehog

Shadow is here!!!!!
    Years
    pjirc? i need to install that?! is that free? (sorry for asking) i will have to wait until i get my very own laptop before i can chat with you's then...

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    Shadow da Hedgehog said:
    pjirc? i need to install that?! is that free? (sorry for asking) i will have to wait until i get my very own laptop before i can chat with you's then...
    pjirc is a java application.. it will self-install each time you want to chat (you will need java support installed in your computer though) and is free.

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    FireFox113 said:
    I messed up about 3 times on using commands, but I got it now! Nice work PC staff! ^^

~Teresa~

Just make sure if your identifing to Nickserv... double check your identify command... you don't want to miss / ... and also make sure of any powerful commands also, double checking the syntax... just a good note to keep in mind.

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    I have a question.

Why would someone be kicked from Chat for asking "what it was like being banned for 2 years Greg" Hmmm.

Back