• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pokecommunity is dying, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
  • Part of the factor is MODS... Part of it is certainly THEIR FAULT.

Some forums with active mods aren't dying at all. In fact they're growing quite nicely. You see new members at post 1 coming in to post, and they're still here to post after hitting the 3 digits. It's quite nice. For example fanfic section is getting more lively slowly and gradually, as more fanfics are being updated now on a daily basis compare to the past.

At the same time, some forums have weeds growing around, as it's collecting dust... why would a member want to stay in a place where it's still reading "News about FRLG" as if it just came out? Seriously, there ARE forums floating around in PC that are filled with weeds and collecting dust, and not joking...

Inactive mods and any other inactive staff, and whose who hardly spend time in the forum they're suppose to moderate, takes quite a bit of blame as well.

Legendary_Pokegirl

~Change the World~
    Years
  • I cant say that PC is really dying, each time I come on there is always a decent amount of members online. But I must admit, I am getting pretty tired of telling people to stop spamming and double posting. (I have had to do this quite a bit)

In my opinion, when the old members leave, new ones come in, and start spamming and stuff, and no matter how many times people tell them to stop they keep on doing it.

PC has changed sinced I joined, and apparently this is why some of the members are leaving. But I dont think PC is going to die anytime soon. We still have great members here, and for me, its still a great place to be. And besides, like some other people have mentioned, school is starting, and everyone is busy with that. PC is just going through one of its rough times again, but everything will be better again soon. I know it. ^^

Well, that was my word on things. ^^; I just try to look on the positive side of things.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Lots of members, so little posts! The thing is, its school, some of are best members (well active), Like Star, and Jolteon!!!, have school, I do to, but I seem to manage the right balance of Homework~Internet time, XD, its A shame, but Im sure its just because its the start of term and kids have to get there school life sorted before, there pokemon one!

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Legendary_Pokegirl said:
    In my opinion, when the old members leave, new ones come in, and start spamming and stuff, and no matter how many times people tell them to stop they keep on doing it.

PC has changed sinced I joined, and apparently this is why some of the members are leaving. But I dont think PC is going to die anytime soon. We still have great members here, and for me, its still a great place to be. ^^

Well, that was my word on things. ^^; I just try to look on the positive side of things.
    Well if that's the reason why PC is "dying" then that is pretty stupid...

It's just inevitable that when a board gets bigger and bigger, there will be more and more new members who join, and at the same time the chances of more n00bs joining also increase. It's just inevitable for that to happen, and it's everyone's responsibility to say those kind of things to whip them up into shape...

And if someone cannot accept "change" to the point of leaving, that is pretty upsetting to know... =/

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • Shineyelectrode said:
    True, hopefully nintendo will be able to get some new intrest in pokemon, to keep the series going. Bring in new things, preferable targetting teen gamers, and maybe then we'll see the pokemon sites thriving again.

I know what you mean..mabey a pokemon fighing game where you pick your pokemon and use cerian button preform a certain moves...like the same style as tekken, ssb, and mortal kombat

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
  • I personally like this site.
    But me and Tatt had a chat over MSN and we've both agreed that PC isn't as fun anymore...
    And we've also noticed that we are both kinda ignored...
    Maybe that's why people are leaving and PC is becoming less active...

Years
  • PC isn't dying, only it's losing activity due to the school time. Many members don't have time for even do a single post in the week(Lil schu is one of them, sadly ;_; )

I dun think that PC's gonna die only for this, yes it's a little more inactive now, but is still the best PKMN-dedicated forum ever.

Legendary_Pokegirl

~Change the World~
    Years
  • frostweaver said:
    Well if that's the reason why PC is "dying" then that is pretty stupid...

It's just inevitable that when a board gets bigger and bigger, there will be more and more new members who join, and at the same time the chances of more n00bs joining also increase. It's just inevitable for that to happen, and it's everyone's responsibility to say those kind of things to whip them up into shape...

And if someone cannot accept "change" to the point of leaving, that is pretty upsetting to know... =/

I didnt mean it was the exact reason why members are leaving, and PC is dying. I was just pointing out a possibility, and stating my opinion. ^^

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • You know this "ignore thing" seems to come out of members who are relatively here for a long time... rather funny to see that. Well guess what...

If people aren't coming to you, then you go to them.

Simple isn't it ^^ The world can't always do everything for you. Or you can always act like me and don't go to others on the initiative, but don't complain about getting ignored then.

Sakura and Espeon

Hates being hacked. ;-;
    Years
  • tmbjr said:
    Now for a PC veteran's two cents:

-What annoys me the most is seeing a decline in the creativity of topics. I used to go on and be able to find a thread that was fun to post in, but nowadays, it is either some random, quirky question or a thread that's been done 50 times before.

-I'm also annoyed by how often newbies go off-topic or SPAM in a thread and don't really seem to care. This leads to more people going off-topic or spamming by example, then a good thread gets ruined.

-Getting ignored is also a large facter. newbies will come in and make "friends" with just any person that posts in their welcome thread. My only friends on PC are those that I've known since forever and have a good character. I never make friends with a random person just cuz he posted in my thread.

-As a veteran, I'm ignored and taken for granted a lot. The only thing that keeps people from ignoring me altogether is the fact that I'm a mod, then people barrage me with PM's along the lines of, "How do I become a mod liek you??!!?" or "This person called me a bad word! Ban him!!11" and the occasional newbie from the above bullet saying "You replyed to my topic you must be a cool person can you be my friend?" ugh!

I, like most veterans, don't really feel welcome in here anymore.

Yep, I get ignored alot... but how did I manage it if people say I am still pouplar. o.o...

Kiri

Breeder & Berry Grower
    Years
  • I really love it here! If I didn't have to work all the time, this is where i'd be!
    I feel bad about spamming in my early days here; I didn't really know the ropes. But no-ones closed all my fairly pointless threads yet...

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I know that people are getting ignored, but just not on purpose. The new members have no idea about the history of PC and its members, and have not witnessed the events firsthand that would instill in them respect for the older members. It's just that nobody can relate to each other here anymore.

...but that's just a bit of it. I could explain why I stopped being an active poster but that would take quite a while. As I said, the reason for all this, in a nutshell, is a change in all of PC's members, not just new ones. We have more ways to divide each other here than unite each other, and it didn't used to be like that.

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
  • Tmbjr said:
    Now for a PC veteran's two cents:

-What annoys me the most is seeing a decline in the creativity of topics. I used to go on and be able to find a thread that was fun to post in, but nowadays, it is either some random, quirky question or a thread that's been done 50 times before.

-I'm also annoyed by how often newbies go off-topic or SPAM in a thread and don't really seem to care. This leads to more people going off-topic or spamming by example, then a good thread gets ruined.

-Getting ignored is also a large facter. newbies will come in and make "friends" with just any person that posts in their welcome thread. My only friends on PC are those that I've known since forever and have a good character. I never make friends with a random person just cuz he posted in my thread.

-As a veteran, I'm ignored and taken for granted a lot. The only thing that keeps people from ignoring me altogether is the fact that I'm a mod, then people barrage me with PM's along the lines of, "How do I become a mod liek you??!!?" or "This person called me a bad word! Ban him!!11" and the occasional newbie from the above bullet saying "You replyed to my topic you must be a cool person can you be my friend?" ugh!

I, like most veterans, don't really feel welcome in here anymore.
    Agreed.

frostweaver said:
    You know this "ignore thing" seems to come out of members who are relatively here for a long time... rather funny to see that. Well guess what...

If people aren't coming to you, then you go to them.

Simple isn't it ^^ The world can't always do everything for you. Or you can always act like me and don't go to others on the initiative, but don't complain about getting ignored then.
    What do you mean by "go to them"? Do you mean PM them saying stuff like "hello, you ignored me, thnx"... The only way to "go to them" is by posting in their threads, but if their ignoring you anyway, what good will that do?

Look, I don't really mind getting ignored myself, but it does get a bit annoying occasionally, so I understand where people like Tmbjr are coming from.

Sakura and Espeon

Hates being hacked. ;-;
    Years
  • Chairman Kaga said:
    I know that people are getting ignored, but just not on purpose. The new members have no idea about the history of PC and its members, and have not witnessed the events firsthand that would instill in them respect for the older members. It's just that nobody can relate to each other here anymore.

...but that's just a bit of it. I could explain why I stopped being an active poster but that would take quite a while. As I said, the reason for all this, in a nutshell, is a change in all of PC's members, not just new ones. We have more ways to divide each other here than unite each other, and it didn't used to be like that.
    Well yes, I have been here almost from the start... =o.... and theres alot of history (some bad) behind me, once from being soooooooooo spammy (since pe2k merged with PC and pe2k always sppppppppppppammmmmmmmy) to posting quality posts... and also the Cas incident and more.

Like too much happened and I dedicated to and everyone ignores me (for some reason)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • I just meant "then go befriend them on the initative."

The dividing factor is pretty true... there are a lot more ways to divide ourselves than to unite ourselves. A good start for that is maybe let the admins stop dividing themselves out of the rest of the group by striving to be on top of everyone else.

DarkTerror

COCKROACH
    Years
  • I can't really say this place is dying. Those of you who think this board is dying certainly haven't seen my message board =P

The only problem I see in this board is that it's so infested with stupid people. Most of the smart Pokemon fans have left. What's a point of going to a forum, aiming to have a good discussion about the thing you're interested in(Pokemon in this case), while most of the people who share your same interests are stupid?

I also have noticed that some people just don't give a crap and break the rules, while the staff seem to have no problem with that. How about warning/suspending the offending members? I mean really, all they're doing is trying to be cool by breaking the rules, like if they're somehow above it all. People like this don't even deserve to be here. You could give them a chance once or twice, but are you just gonna let them break the rules forever? Why not do your jobs as staff and get rid of those morons, before chaos happens in this board?

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2007
    Well, if it's dying then I haven't noticed. I always thought this place was doin' great. I mean, like ten people tranferred from SPP to here, including myself. But, I can help this place out by recruiting more people from SPP, and post more on here. ^^

~Kelsey

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • Although I have joined here myself not long ago, I find PC a very friendly place. ^.^ Some people here, I admit, are newbies. The ones that have the sense to spam. I suppose one of the problem is getting ignored? Well, I don't blame them. You would rather talk to a mod/friend rather than a newbie and ignore them, wouldn't you? That's just how some people feel, like a tight knit group. It's normal, although we try to fix it sometimes.

There technically are no 'stupid' people here. They are just new people, or maybe just overeacting ones with some threads. I think the staff tries to rid of the spammy posts and stuff, although there may be distractions along the way. The people who want to act cool for spamming and breaking the rules...They should be warned or something...I am not that sure though...

^^;

EDIT: true people from SPP are coming here (like moi) but most are new people automatically stereotyping SPP as 'mean' for getting warned, getting threads closed, etc etc. I myself came here just to have fun. :O!

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
  • Lily said:
    EDIT: true people from SPP are coming here (like moi) but most are new people automatically stereotyping SPP as 'mean' for getting warned, getting threads closed, etc etc. I myself came here just to have fun. :O!
    You aren't one of them because you are a mod on SPPF! :D

PoKeSaFaRi

Former PokemonSafari Webmaster
    Years
  • I don't think it's actually dying. U've got a wrong impression. Summer is over, school started and there's less time to go posting here and there like crazy. I'm pretty sure that PC will be crowded during weekends.

I believe that threads like these are the ones that actually put members down and make them feel like it's dying when it isn't.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back