• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeCommunity Minecraft Server - Join the fun!

Will you be a part of the PokeCommunity Minecraft experience?

• Heck yeah!

Votes: 73 97.3%
  • Minecraft's for little kids, pfff no!

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
  • Passive mobs don't usually despawn especially if you keep them in a confined space. If we build a Villager House we should follow the sort of style we had in original verdanturf- access doors at the base with indoor staircase but villagers elevated above creeper danger. The floors should be farmland as well if we're breeding them. Imma get back to you on the most efficient crop to grow for them but if someone gonna build it do at least a 9x9 plot of farmland with a patch of water in the middle with a jack o lantern on top like my farms have. uhh thibg about those tho is that they have to be placed while a block is under them. sry giving instructions lol but im not going to be on for a bit cause school and work

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Well I probably won't be able to play at that time -_- Why do we even need a white list?

Several people that have found the IP for the server have gone on and griefed the server. So the whitelist is there to ensure only members of PC have access and, if anything goes wrong, only those members can be held responsible. :>

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Well I probably won't be able to play at that time -_- Why do we even need a white list?

We had people not from PokeCommunity coming onto our server and stealing regulars resources. Even though we now have a plugin that essentially keeps everything private from other players if you so choose to do so, there are still people out there - I.e trolls - who will come in just to grief.

I'll be home in about 5-6 hours to update the white list; for simplicity I'll just VM you when I've done so you don't have to constantly check to see whether you are able to join.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Hey, I'd like to play, but it says I'm not whitelisted. My username is Lemony_Lime.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Whoever did the revamping of the community board, well done. It's really nicely executed. I'd like to put maps somewhere in the community bunker though, but I don't want to ruin whoever's work that was who made that.

Hey, I'd like to play, but it says I'm not whitelisted. My username is Lemony_Lime.

You should be all set to join the server now - I just added you to the list.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Who placed more spruce saplings on my hill? Jw. And can anyone help me build a tree? Like build build not grow one. I'm gonna replace the big tree on my hill :x I tried to, but it just ended out poopy haha x3

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Just wanted to check with people before possibly enabling this. So I was just browsing through possible plugins to install and there was one called "FullXP" which essentially drops all your experience upon death instead of just a few levels worth. I was thinking that this would be quite worthwhile considering if you were accidentally slain by say a spider when you weren't looking and had 30+ levels of experience than you could easily get it all back instead of grinding. However I don't know if that will cause an increase of PvP killings, so give me some feedback whether or not you would actually want something of this magnitude implemented into the server.

Matthew

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2015
    Just wanted to check with people before possibly enabling this. So I was just browsing through possible plugins to install and there was one called "FullXP" which essentially drops all your experience upon death instead of just a few levels worth. I was thinking that this would be quite worthwhile considering if you were accidentally slain by say a spider when you weren't looking and had 30+ levels of experience than you could easily get it all back instead of grinding. However I don't know if that will cause an increase of PvP killings, so give me some feedback whether or not you would actually want something of this magnitude implemented into the server.

I personally wouldn't mind it. I've accidentally died a few times and lost 40+ levels. But it doesn't particularly bother me as much as it should. But again, I don't mind it so if people want it, I'd be okay with it.

Years
  • Just wanted to check with people before possibly enabling this. So I was just browsing through possible plugins to install and there was one called "FullXP" which essentially drops all your experience upon death instead of just a few levels worth. I was thinking that this would be quite worthwhile considering if you were accidentally slain by say a spider when you weren't looking and had 30+ levels of experience than you could easily get it all back instead of grinding. However I don't know if that will cause an increase of PvP killings, so give me some feedback whether or not you would actually want something of this magnitude implemented into the server.

Yeah am good with this we have had no trouble with PvP kills and in all honesty I don't think anyone the servers is going to start hacking other people to death for there xp lol.

Someone has put a sign up where am building my warehouse saying its the subway, I was using that rail to link my house to my warehouse and to experiment with track design lol.

I will build the Verdenturf subway as soon as I know that the town centre is fully built and I have a few more resources. :)

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Actually for me, the more PvP the better. The survival aspect of the game gets old pretty fast, and the challenge disappears. I haven't played on the server yet, so maybe that's not what you're going for though.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • No, we're not really PVP. We're building and adventuring. But Matt's planning events that will be primarily PVP so look out for those.

Gunner I can build you a tree at some point haha.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I've had it with the server. I'm wasting golden apples for nothing. I have 3 villagers in verdanturf, and they all mysteriously disappear. Could have been executed for all I know. No more for me, I'm done. I'm gonna do the enderdragon fight and that's it for me.

Last edited:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Whoever did the revamping of the community board, well done. It's really nicely executed. I'd like to put maps somewhere in the community bunker though, but I don't want to ruin whoever's work that was who made that.

You're welcome! Just tell me what you'd like expanded upon and I can work with it! :)

Also... I am 100% against PvP server-wide. I'm cool with it in the wilderness and if both players acknowledge they want PvP, but not randomly.

I've had it with the server. I'm wasting golden apples for nothing. I have 3 villagers in verdanturf, and they all mysteriously disappear. Could have been executed for all I know. No more for me, I'm done. I'm gonna do the enderdragon fight and that's it for me.

Also that sucks, Penta. I really want you to stick around though! I hope you don't do the Ender Dragon fight without the rest of us though, simply because we all would like to enjoy the fight too. Matt can help you with the Villagers, I'm sure.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    The only thing I want back is those 3 villagers and I'll come back on. Doesn't matter what sort of villagers they are. I'm not wasting golden apples for them to get killed, and I hardly believe that a zombie killed all 3 of them. there's not even a nearby village on the server. I think someone said of a possibility of a thunderstorm hitting them, but I'm not buying that story, it's very hard to believe.

EDIT: I see someone's angered the pigmen yet again. I'd already cleared an area full of angry pigmen to begin with.... well, you're on your own with that.

Last edited:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • The only thing I want back is those 3 villagers and I'll come back on. Doesn't matter what sort of villagers they are. I'm not wasting golden apples for them to get killed, and I hardly believe that a zombie killed all 3 of them. there's not even a nearby village on the server. I think someone said of a possibility of a thunderstorm hitting them, but I'm not buying that story, it's very hard to believe.

EDIT: I see someone's angered the pigmen yet again. I'd already cleared an area full of angry pigmen to begin with.... well, you're on your own with that.

I'll talk to Matt and see what we can do. Unfortunately we may have a few trolls on the server, but if you're being griefed, that can be fixed since it isn't your fault or happenstance. :)

As for the pigmen, they are mad at me every time I go to the Nether! I guess it adds a level of difficulty to being there? Until they calm down, we can just try avoiding them or better protecting the portal.

Yukari

Actually for me, the more PvP the better. The survival aspect of the game gets old pretty fast, and the challenge disappears. I haven't played on the server yet, so maybe that's not what you're going for though.

Also... I am 100% against PvP server-wide. I'm cool with it in the wilderness and if both players acknowledge they want PvP, but not randomly.

I want to put in my 2 cents and say that I'm completely against PVP. If that were incorporated into the server I would quit playing on it. Of course I'm cool with it in the form that Klippy mentioned.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • The only thing I want back is those 3 villagers and I'll come back on. Doesn't matter what sort of villagers they are. I'm not wasting golden apples for them to get killed, and I hardly believe that a zombie killed all 3 of them. there's not even a nearby village on the server. I think someone said of a possibility of a thunderstorm hitting them, but I'm not buying that story, it's very hard to believe.

For the record, I have absolutely no issue with restoring something like this. I want you guys to know that I am always, repeat, always going to restore items that have either been destroyed by griefing, glitches, or otherwise intangible to obtain without completely destroying the level of difficulty set up. For instance, Arc asked me for a bunch of Zombie eggs so he could have his battle dome battle ready, which I gladly obliged to help out with. Restoring 3 Villagers is seriously not a problem at all, and I wouldn't want something like that to destroy your experience on the server. It's only when someone gives me a reason not to trust you all with being honest about things that I'll pull this option away. So next time you see me online just send me a poke or two and I'll restore those for you.

On the topic of PvP because I guess this was never solidified even though I thought it was pretty obvious - this is not a PvP server. I don't want people having to constantly worrying about people trying to kill them, so the only time's this will be deemed appropriate is:
    • When two users both agree to a duel
    • When events that I make require PvP, which I will clearly indicate when the time does come for it.
    If I see anyone purposely killing others or people report to me that you are purposely trying to ruin someone's experience, I will take action, which can either result in a permanent ban from the server or further infractions on PokeCommunity considering this is a service run through this site.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back