• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeCommunity Minecraft Server - Join the fun!

Will you be a part of the PokeCommunity Minecraft experience?

• Heck yeah!

Votes: 73 97.3%
  • Minecraft's for little kids, pfff no!

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
  • The Gauntlet - Minecraft Gaming Event

Welcome to the PC Minecraft server's The Gauntlet event! I have been tinkering away at a secretive challenge project for the last few weeks, enlisting the help of several members as my guinea pigs, but the time has come to open the event up to everyone else! I'm really excited about this event and you all should be too because you can win some extremely awesome prizes!

What is the Gauntlet?
    The Gauntlet consists of ten extremely difficult levels of challenging battles against the mobs of Minecraft. Anything goes in this intense arena-style bloodbath and the difficulty is steep. Why is it so difficult? Because the prize pool is one of the best you'll ever see on the server and you can expect to win some impossibly good gear and loot.

When you enter the first arena, you will be asked to place your gear into chests for safekeeping. Avoid bringing anything and make sure you empty your inventory because if you die, you won't get anything back from the Gauntlet. You'll be given your fighting equipment, a weapon, and even some food to sustain your life to the end. Once you're suited up and ready, standing on the quartz block unleashes the Director of Chaos with their bag of tricks.

The Director of Chaos has one goal: Make sure you don't make it to the end. The Director has access to Minecraft's mobs and can unleash swarms of silverfish, hordes of zombies, or schools of Guardians against you to prevent you from reaching the next level. Be prepared for anything and expect to die.​

Fabulous prizes
    The prizes are really great and you will have earned every prize if you're able to get to the end of the Gauntlet.

The prizes are tiered and become exponentially better as you compete in additional Gauntlets.

TIER 1
    By winning your first Gauntlet, you will be awarded...
    Your gear and loot - any mob drops you collect are yours to keep, as well as the gear you used to battle through the Gauntlet.
    A tool of undeniable worth - you will be given a tool with very nice enchantments and a name​
    TIER 2
    By winning a second Gauntlet, you will be awarded...
    Tier 1 prizes
    A sword of considerable value - a sword will be forged in the deepest mines of Detroit using the best materials known to man and given enchantments and a name worthy of your accomplishment​
    TIER 3
    By winning three Gauntlets, you will be awarded...
    Tier 1 and 2 prizes
    Armor of unquestionable character - your valiant effort and skill has earned you the ability to enchant your armor from the Gauntlet. Taken deep into the forests of Detroit, a warlock of mystery will enchant your battle-hardened armor and return it to you with magical enhancements that only a true warrior could wear​
    Tier 4
    By winning four Gauntlets, you will be awarded...
    Tier 1, 2, and 3 prizes
    Blocks of envious rarity - you will be allowed to select 64 blocks of any material* that you desire which will be sought out at ends of the world and brought to you for your building pleasure​
    How to compete
    To compete, post in this thread with the tool you desire to earn along with when you'd like to play. The Director of Chaos will give your post a "Like" and when you see him on the server, request to partake in the Gauntlet and he will meet you at the entrance to begin your challenge.
    Current rankings
    welsknight - 2 Wins
    Wobbu - 2 Wins
    KDSLAMMIN - 1 Win
    Knormaggedon - 1 Win
    Leijon - 1 Win
    Mr. X - 1 Win
    El Heroe Oscuro - Loss
    Juno - Loss
    Arc - Loss
    Anna - Loss​
    * Blocks unavailable to select are: Command blocks and bedrock (as well as any to the discretion of the server admins)

Last edited:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • When you say finish ten guantlets, does that mean making it through the entire thing once or making it through the entire thing ten times? Either way, they both sound impossible lmao, that is if you're making it harder than it already was. Room six is OP

Also can we do practice runs?

Anyways, I'd like to earn some cocoa or jungle stuff but I think you're referring to things like Shovels and Picks? So I choose a diamond Pick. I'm on a lot so I guess sometime later this weekend.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • When you say finish ten guantlets, does that mean making it through the entire thing once or making it through the entire thing ten times? Either way, they both sound impossible lmao, that is if you're making it harder than it already was. Room six is OP

Also can we do practice runs?

Anyways, I'd like to earn some cocoa or jungle stuff but I think you're referring to things like Shovels and Picks? So I choose a diamond Pick. I'm on a lot so I guess sometime later this weekend.

TEN Gauntlets total. So 100 levels. Haha.

I figure if people want the rare blocks or even cocoa/jungle wood, they'll need to work for it cause that'll be the ONLY way to get that stuff. So if you finish ten entire Gauntlets, you can ask for cocoa beans and even jungle wood. End Stone, Prismarine, Sponge, Sea Lanterns, whatever. After ten Gauntlets, you'll have earned whatever prize you choose. :)

But yes, for the first Tier, first win, you get a tool.

doge

???
    Years
  • I also choose a diamond pick. I don't think I'll start it today though, most likely over the weekend. :)

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I think it also goes without saying that there isn't a timetable on The Gauntlet; we'll have it up as a gaming event for now, but eventually it will be incorporated into the regular Minecraft page with updated rankings so people don't need to feel rushed in completing all ten tiers. I for one can't wait to do this as I want to win my stack of 64 sponges yuuuuusssssss.

Room six is OP

Seriously though, that room absolutely blows.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Sorry, let me rephrase that: Sponge Teleporter.

200.gif

That didn't clear any of my questions but WOO-HOO!!!

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • We have our first official champion! Congrats to Wobbu for taking down all ten levels spectacularly! He was awarded with our first prize as well, a diamond pickaxe with fortune 3!

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • KLIPPY if you die, you could go another round, or you can't do it again?

Sign me up as well! I'll choose a diamond pick for it :)

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • KLIPPY if you die, you could go another round, or you can't do it again?

Sign me up as well! I'll choose a diamond pick for it :)

You're absolutely welcome to as many tries as you'd like. As often as you'd like. This is a permanent mini-game on the server. :)

Also...we have a new champion! Mr. X has beaten the Gauntlet, albeit barely surviving. Wobbu must battle again to reclaim his throne!

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • You're absolutely welcome to as many tries as you'd like. As often as you'd like. This is a permanent mini-game on the server. :)

Also...we have a new champion! Mr. X has beaten the Gauntlet, albeit barely surviving. Wobbu must battle again to reclaim his throne!

If you haven't done so already, you should put a frame in the Hall of Fame for The Gauntlet highlighting the "current champion." I know you have that mini Hall of Fame at the actual Gauntlet course, but it might be a good idea to have a reigning champion version for everyone to behold.

Yukari

I'd like to participate as well! And I choose a Diamond Pick like most others have.

...Even though I haven't been on the server in a while. I really lost all motivation to play once it wiped again. ;_;

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I'd like to participate as well! And I choose a Diamond Pick like most others have.

...Even though I haven't been on the server in a while. I really lost all motivation to play once it wiped again. ;_;

Well, its better in Detroit now! We dont get these weird 1.7.10 glitches, no mob griefing, and basically, the server is like closer than ever before :3

Anyways, maybe tomorrow, I can drop by :3 Btw, do you get your levels back or not?

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Anyways, maybe tomorrow, I can drop by :3 Btw, do you get your levels back or not?

That was what I was wondering as well. For the sake of participation, Klippy and I will give back any experience that you had before entering The Gauntlet (that way you can still feel inclined to participate without having to worry about losing 20+ levels.) However, the only way we'll allow it is if you screenshot yourself right before you go into The Gauntlet with a placed sign next to you with your username, date, and time of participation. I think that's pretty fair considering otherwise yall could just throw out any number.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back