• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeCommunity Secret Art Giving?

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
    Hi there,

I hope this is the right place to post this - I couldn't think of anywhere better, but I hope it's right! ;)
    I was wondering if we could organise a "secret-art giving" on the PC art forum. I've seen it done on other Pokemon forums, and it looks like a lot of fun! How it works is that you submit your name to take part, and then you are randomly assigned another participating member to draw for via PM. Using their profile, signature etc, you pick something to draw for them, and then on a designated date, we all submit our pictures for the other people!
    The good part is, you don't know who's going to be drawing for you, or what they're going to draw, since it's all secretly organised over PM! :)

I would like to know if we could do this, since I feel it would be a great thing to do! How many people would be interested in taking part? :) It doesn't matter what your skill level is - it's the taking part that counts! ;)

--FG

Forest Grovyle

Years
    Yeah, I was hoping people would post here if they wanted to participate ^_^ I think we'd need a fair number of people, and then I can start PMing when we reach a certain number. :)

Participants so far:
    PichuSecretBase
    igtica
    jynx
    Forest Grovyle

Years
    In. This is in. Only thing is that, my scanner dont work. And I suck at using any paint software.

Stormdoom

Lighting Hound
    Years
    Thats an awsome idea.....the only thing is that I cant draw for my life..*sigh* but I know you guys can and it would be a great thing to do. ^_^

Forest Grovyle

Years
    As for picking names, I'll randomly draw them out of a hat. :)
    Oooh, it's been stickied! *is chuffed* Let's see how many people we have so far...

Participants:
    PichuSecretBase
    igtica
    jynx
    Forest Grovyle
    ~*Silent Tattsu*~
    bna_li (you did say you wanted to participate, right? :) I wasn't sure *blush*)
    SparkyThePikachu
    Teara
    MoonLight

Stormdoom, are you sure you don't want to join in? :) It doesn't matter how good you are - it's the taking part that's the fun bit! ^_^

Looks like we have 9 members so far...I think 10 or 12 would be a good number, so we don't need many more!

Forest Grovyle

Years
    Right, well it seems we have enough participants! :) I will draw the names randomly when I get home, and PM you with the person you'll be drawing for. Here's the full list of participants:

PichuSecretBase
    igtica
    jynx
    Forest Grovyle
    ~*Silent Tattsu*~
    bna_li
    SparkyThePikachu
    Teara
    MoonLight
    Raiden Lynx Wolverina

Good luck everybody! :) The closing date will be in your PMs, along with more details. ;)

Rifted

Let's positive thinking!
    Years
    *dies*

Darn, I was about...twenty minutes late. =P

Are you going to have these little "secret" (ooooh, secret xD) art thingies seasonal or monthly or something? Because I think it would be a nice little thing to spin around the year. ^^

Forest Grovyle

Years
    If somebody else joins up, you can be in it too, Rifted! :) (I may drop out of it if nobody replies - I don't mind doing that if it comes to it. ;))
    It would be cool to do this monthly or quarterly! I guess after we see how this goes, we can think more about that.

Forest Grovyle

Years
    OK, Rifted and Sandra's Chargon, you're in! :) I did the draw last night with you two included, but PC was down the whole night, so I couldn't post it, and I don't have it with me at the moment.
    As soon as I get a moment where I have it and PC is up, I'll PM you with the details you'll need. :)

Back