• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen PokeCommunity Wi-Fi Gym E4 Project

wobbuffetds

Now it's time for my friends!
Years
  • Ideas originally generated by Diablocon of Serebiiforums
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, it's pretty obvious what this is about. With Wi-Fi, many people can battle online, so now people can pretend to be Gym Leaders. This project is to keep us all organised, and decide who should be the Gym Leaders.

First, to sign up to be a Gym Leader, PM me with the following appliciation. The subject should be Wi-Fi (Insert Type) Gym:

Name: Your Wi-Fi name
    Friend Code: Hard to reach someone without their friend code
    Region: Where do you live? Easier to contact people when you know their time-zone
    Version: What language is your game in? For now, the only answer is Japanese obviously.
    Type: What your type is
    Motto: What is your battle mantra?
    Badge: What's your badge called? You can provide a link to what it looks like.
    Prize: What do you give out when beaten?
    Team:You team, including their move-sets.

To be an Elite Four member, you must:
    1. Beat at least eight gym badges.
    2. Battle a member already in the Elite Four (none yet)
    3. Have six Pokemon.
    -Fill out the same form as for Gym Leaders.

Pokemon in the Elite Four:
    -At least three of the Pokemon in your team must have the same type as the type you decided to be with.
    -You are not allowed to have two of the same Pokemon.
    -You are not allowed to have pre-evolutions.
    -All Pokemon must be holding an item.

Q: How many types can I sign up for?
    A: Only one. Don't apply for all 17 types.

Q: So, to sign up, do I just PM you?
    A: Yes, to sign up just PM me. I will then review the best candidates, and have them fight to determine who is indeed the best. However, once we have all the Gym Leaders, you won't PM me to sign up.

Q: Then how do I become a Gym Leader once all the Gym Leaders have been chosen?
    A: You must challenge the current Gym Leader for their position. However, you can't just challenge them and win. You must challenge them with the team you intend to use when you're the Gym Leader. For example, if you want to challenge me to be the Steel Gym Leader, you can't just fight me with Fire Pokemon, you must use your own Steel team.

Q: What if I lose?
    A: Then you must wait two weeks before you can challenge them to their position again. Better train.

Q: I'm now a leader. Anything different?
    A: Yup, you can no longer challenge other leaders for badges. You still get to keep any you got before becoming a leader though.

Q: Someone now wants to challenge me for my Gym Leader position, but I just won it myself! Do I have to accept this challenge?
    A: Nope, once you've become a leader, everyone else must wait 2 weeks before they can challenge you for your position. You still have to battle people for Badge Battles though, of course.

Q: As leader, can I change my team?
    A: Nope. Your team must stay the same.

Q: If I beat the leader in a regular battle, what do I get?
    A: Whatever prize they've listed, and you can claim to have their badge. You can list it somewhere. However, you won't get anything for a re-challenge.

Q: And if I lose?
    A: You'll have to wait a week before you can battle them agian.

Q: I was battling a leader, and the connection died! What now?
    A: Depends. If you were about to win, then you've won! Congrats! However, if you were losing, you've lost! But to be fair, the waiting period will only be a day instead of a week if you were just battling them, and 3 days instead of 2 weeks if you were challenging them for their position.

Q: One of the Gym Leaders has been replaced! Has anything changed?
    A: No, you still keep that type's badge. However, you can rechallenge them for whatever prize they're offering.

Q: I have all the badges! Do I fight an E4 now?
    A: Afterwards, then we'll talk.

Q: I want to be a leader? What must my team have and not have?
    A: Your team must have 6 Pokemon. At least 4 of them must be of your chosen type. The other two can be of any type, and should probably cover your weaknesses.
    Your team is only allowed one double of the same species. So, for example, if you're the Ghost leader, two Gengars are allowed, as are one Gengar and one Haunter. You can't have 3 Gengars, or 2 Gengars and 2 Banettes.
    And of course, NO UBERS OR LEGENDARIES!!!

Q: What kind of battles are they?
    A: All Gym Battles are Lv 100 Single Battles.

Q: So, do I need to raise my Pokemon to a specific level?
    A: No, since Wi-Fi will be boosting them to level 100.

Q: Do my Pokemon need to be EV trained?
    A: No, but it'd help.

Q: Why do you get to be the Steel Gym Leader?
    A: Because I started this, and Steel is my favorite type.

Q: Do I need the game to apply?
    A: No, but it'd help your chances of getting accepted. However, once the American one comes out, I might restart the sign up process, to be fair.

Q: Erm, when does this begin?
    A: Right now. I know that people who haven't imported will have to wait 4 months, but once the American version is out, you're all welcome to join in. But please, no complaining that the American one isn't out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Accepted Gym Leaders

Name: Furanki (フランキー)
    Friend Code: 1332 2555 5603
    Region: Ohio (Eastern Standard Time)
    Version: Diamond Japanese
    Type: Fire, (Grass for Other 2)
    Motto: Raw Power and Speed
    Badge: Odd Badge
    Prize: Lv. 10 Mew from Toys R' US Event
    Team:
    Goukazaru Lv.100: Blast Burn, Focus Bomb, In Fight, Flamethrower
    Blaziken Lv.100: Flamethrower, Mirror Move, Earthquake, Blaze kick
    Charizard Lv.100: Blast Burn, Fire Blast, Earthquake, Flamethrower
    Charizard Lv.100 (Shiny): Flamethrower, Wing Attack, Fly, Earthquake
    Sceptile Lv.52 (Shiny): Frenzy Plant, Solarbeam, Leaf Storm, Leaf Blade
    Venusaur Lv.100: Frenzy Plant, Solarbeam, Earthquake, Razor Leaf

Name: J
    Friend Code: 0301 4689 2681
    Region: GMT+8
    Version: Japanese.
    Type: Grass
    Motto: Heh.
    Badge: Forest Badge, no pic yet
    Prize: Free cookies!
    Team: <under construction>

Last edited:
    Years
  • Q: Erm, when does this begin?
    A: Right now. I know that people who haven't imported will have to wait 4 months, but once the American version is out, you're all welcome to join in. But please, no complaining that the American one isn't out.

But surely people that have imported can get spaces someone who might not want to import might want.

You could atleast wait untill its a couple of weeks or one month before the release date.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • But surely people that have imported can get spaces someone who might not want to import might want.

You could atleast wait untill its a couple of weeks or one month before the release date.

I agree. And maybe instead of a "first come first serve" deal for Gym Leaders, you could do a pre-game tourny. Everyone who wants to be a Gym Leader has to show down with each other until one person is left. Of course, each is randomly chosen to face another, and one of every battle is eliminated, etc, and so on and so on.

But I agree that you should wait to really start this until it's out in America. I, for one, don't feel like muffing my way through the Japanese version. And, of course, the anticipation of it makes its debute all the more satisfying. ;-)

wobbuffetds

Years
  • This is meant immediately for the people who have already imported their games, considering most of the people I know have already did so. Besides that, don't you think it's a better idea to start before time so we can immediately have it all set when the real thing comes out? It is first come, first serve, but the titles can be surrendered to those who make consecutive wins against a single gym leader. Basically, preparing ahead of time together.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    This is meant immediately for the people who have already imported their games, considering most of the people I know have already did so. Besides that, don't you think it's a better idea to start before time so we can immediately have it all set when the real thing comes out? It is first come, first serve, but the titles can be surrendered to those who make consecutive wins against a single gym leader. Basically, preparing ahead of time together.

Okay, but THIS far ahead of the release date isn't fair at all, as those people who have already imported will already have the practice everyone else hasn't gotten. Uzumaki Kaen had the best idea, that you should wait on this until a month or so before the American release date (April 22, in case you didn't know). That way, it'll be ready ahead of time, but the people who get in won't have THAT much of a headstart in it.

And, at that time, I'd be more than happy to sign up.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • sounds like a neat idea, but like previously mentioned, wait until april to get this all figured out. having started so soon can only cause more complications for the application process. for now, feel free to brainstorm how things will work.

trust that i WON'T be applying. i doubt i'll be available for such a thing...

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    Yeah, but hey! We don't have to wait till the American version!
    We Japanese players can have fun BEFORE the Wi-Fi is flooded. :D

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Yep I signed up for this but never got a reply

wobbuffetds

Years
  • Let the Japanese players have their fun. A great way to sum it all up. For example, most of the members I know from other forums already imported their game, so holding out for the 30% that didn't might be a bad thing to do. Besides, I want to make sure that most of the Gym Leaders and Elite Four members are on the list by the time it gets released in English. This way, we won't have to rush at the last minute--or the last month. Yeah, I updated it.

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    Well, its nice to be a part of the action for once. Anyways: HEY WAIT WHAT LEVEL 100?! Now, THAT'll take some time.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    I have to start my game over messed up a code

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    Well, I hope that you won't use codes in the wifi project. :(
    Anyways, I got an idea/question.
    Is it like, you can choose to challenge the Leader to his/her title, or his/her badge, or can you only challenge for the title?
    Anyways, I decide to give out Celebis. (If I get enough in time)

Last edited:

wobbuffetds

Years
  • Before the match, you tell the Gym Leader whether you want a badge or the title of the gym. If you don't say anything, the default prize will be the badge.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2007
    This sounds cool, too bad I don't have Wi-Fi :(

If I did, i'd sign up...meh, I guess I will since I already have A team picked out AND I already have Pearl.

....nah, I'll wait until I obtain Wi-Fi.

Last edited:
    Back