• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeCommunity

Ayselipera

Well I think PC is okay. I don't love it or hate it, it's just nice to rummage through when I'm bored or when I have nothing else to do. I would actually prefer if PC was a little less busy. I think it would be funner if there was a smaller tighter group of members, that way everyone could know each other a bit more. Although I tend to recognize just about everyone from their username. I also have a really good memory so that might just be me.

Also I thoroughly enjoy the few good trolls that stick around here. They add something to the community. :D

HarrisonH

I doubt Pokemon will be a hit
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 1, 2013
    What do I think of PC?

There are a few alright people on here. The rest seem to suffer from some sort of mental deficiency, or cry for attention. They're also part of the decline of our youth as they're the ones who have been over protected and sheltered all their life.

It's scary to think that the people who post on this forum are going to be the people running the world in 30 years. I might have to kill myself when that happens.

This post sums up a lot that's wrong with this community, specifically the ROM Hacking section. Though the main problems can be generalized to the entire site.

KejiBebi

aishiteru
    Years
    I'm rather new to this place right now, but so far I'm liking it a lot.
    Looks like this place never goes dorment and will definitely never go dead.
    So thumbs up. :D

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm just going to think out loud here. My answer, if you just want to read that, is the third from last paragraph.

I don't have much of an opinion on it, to be honest. Things changed a lot since I came here, even though at the same time, they haven't. For example, I used to get really, really worked up with anything that happened here back when I first made moderator. I would punish people for the tiniest of mistakes, regardless of them having prior circumstances with breaking the rules. Back then I just thought I was more of the strict members of the staff. Now I just look back at it, laugh, and realize most of it was because I was bored with an inactive forum and looked for things to do. When it comes to modding now, I don't take it as "serious business" like I used to. I didn't have much to do in my life back then, so I guess PC just filled the void of boredom.

Strangely enough, before I joined PC, I was socially inept for the most part. I became addicted to it after a few months and spent most of my time on it. I met people right off the bat and became friends with them quickly. It was nice. I noticed my socializing skills were also improving after spending so much time here. That's probably one of the most awkward things I thought would have happened, since usually if you spent all your time behind a computer, you become more of a hermit.

Umm... I'm getting off track. PC is... a forum. It's filled with great people and some nice experiences, but PC isn't going to live on forever in my opinion. Sure, it may last forever, but as far as my being here it isn't. Don't take that as me saying "When I leave, PC will die," because I'm not saying that at all. I just feel as though PC isn't important in the big picture as much as the people here. I made some wonderful friends here that I know, for the most part, will last a great deal of time. But we're all not going to be here in two years time. Heck, some of my friends who swore they wouldn't leave left. PC just... died for them.

Sometimes I feel like PC is dying; or at least what I perceive it to be. There are a great deal of times, especially within the past month or so, where I've logged on, took a quick look around to see if there was anything interesting going on, and logged out. There were times I logged on, saw I had a report, and (quite frankly) didn't even feel like having to log in to the mod CP to deal with the issue. I usually got so excited when I got a report, because they're so rare for me, but there are some times where dealing with a report is one of the last things I want to do.

Ultimately, my opinion of PC that it's just a forum. It's just a place to indulge my boredom. While I love the people I've met along the way, and how I feel as though they'll be with me for a very long time, PC won't be. I'm not even sure if I can see myself here next year. I used to be so obsessive over things. Threads, forums, dealing with members who broke the rules, staff problems, promotions, etc. My life isn't going to change if I post a new thread for rules, but my life isn't going to get any better if I punish someone for breaking the rules when I could simply just delete the problem. I won't die if Other Entertainment doesn't increase activity. And a few extra powers here and there are not going to satisfy me when I turn the computer off at night. The more and more I talk about how I'm feeling about PC deep down, the more I feel as though PC are just pixels on the screen. While it'd be upsetting to come on tomorrow to find that PC no longer exists, I'll still have the people. That's all I care about. The friends I've made.

Ultimately, my opinion of the members... I like a great deal of my fellow members. We're all here to discuss a common interest. But, the problem with a lot of members is that they take everything here so seriously. The simple mistake of another, someone jumps down their throat. The simple disagreeance, someone (even staff) has to say something cruel to them in the process of them expressing their disapproval. You see so many people getting into fights and arguments over stupid things all over PC, but I guess that's expected with an internet forum or a group of people, regardless of it being online or off.

I think a lot of people who take things here too seriously need to take a step back from the computer, have a few moments to think, and breathe deeply. A lot of people here forget that there is another person they're talking to on the other side of the screen. A lot of people here forget that words truly do hurt more than physical action, especially since there's no way to cause any physical harm. A lot of people here forget that their opinion isn't superior to any other. A lot of people here forget that it is not serious business.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Ok. That is so win!

I like this forum. The staff are nice (usually, Christos and I got off to a bad start), and the rules are simple. But that Slowpoke thing, that was crazy. There are the occasional member that will PM you about joining their forum, but I ignore them and report them. There are also some nice features on the site, and there are also a lot of nice people. Personally, this is the best forum I've ever used (besides my own!!! :P) I'd like a pair, but I don't know who... maybe one of my friends can help me with that...

Oh my gosh yes. Newbies PM me all the time to join there forums. Being the nice guy I am I simply check it out and not join most of the time.

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
    Years
    Umm... I'm getting off track. PC is... a forum. It's filled with great people and some nice experiences, but PC isn't going to live on forever in my opinion. Sure, it may last forever, but as far as my being here it isn't. Don't take that as me saying "When I leave, PC will die," because I'm not saying that at all. I just feel as though PC isn't important in the big picture as much as the people here. I made some wonderful friends here that I know, for the most part, will last a great deal of time. But we're all not going to be here in two years time. Heck, some of my friends who swore they wouldn't leave left. PC just... died for them.

You can't get so attached to people you know in internet, they eventually fade away leaving you with some bitter-flavoured nostalgy, hoho.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    You can't get so attached to people you know in internet, they eventually fade away leaving you with some bitter-flavoured nostalgy, hoho.
    Oh, I don't. There are only four - maybe five - people who I feel I'm attached to in that way. All of which I know care about me a great deal, and I the same. You'd be surprised, though. There are a great deal of people out there on the internet that genuinely find everlasting friendships and relationships. In fact, I have about five groups of friends who all met someone online and ended up getting into a relationship with; one of them even got engaged. But anyway, I'd like to also point out that most people you know off the internet also eventually fade away, leaving you with the same bitter-flavored nostalgy, hoho.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Okay, what does PC mean to me? I've got two best friends here that mean the world to me, and a couple other great friends, one of which is Mr. Nick up there. HEY NICK!! And that's a good thing. I feel that here at home, I don't have anyone. I feel alone. Somehow those few people I've found here understand me better and seem to care more, even from far away. They don't sugar coat everything. They tell me the truth about things, something I don't want to hear. But PC also has played a part in messing up my real relationships, and I hate to say it, but it...kinda succeeded. Both times. So sometimes I love this place and other times I think that if I log on, I'm just going to screw up my life. But for the most part, I can't really imagine what my life right now would be like if I had never found this site. So it's more of a good place than a bad place...for now.

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
    Years
    Oh, I don't. There are only four - maybe five - people who I feel I'm attached to in that way. All of which I know care about me a great deal, and I the same. You'd be surprised, though. There are a great deal of people out there on the internet that genuinely find everlasting friendships and relationships. In fact, I have about five groups of friends who all met someone online and ended up getting into a relationship with; one of them even got engaged. But anyway, I'd like to also point out that most people you know off the internet also eventually fade away, leaving you with the same bitter-flavored nostalgy, hoho.
    Guess you are right, I don't think it is the problem, though. Usually, who gets overly attached online is lonely offline, I'm not saying that's your case, but I've seen many users complaining about their real lives here.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    I guess it's a'right. I like how it's a break away from more intensive forums.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Hey, the staff nowadays are much better than the staff we had back in the 2003-2005 era. I should know. My old account belonging to my immature, self-righteous, and power-hungry 17-year-old self was one of the stricter S-mods from back then. I think I gave someone a temporary ban for disagreeing with my opinion of the PSP once. Looking back at my old posts, it makes me wanna punch myself in the face. >_>
    Are you kidding? Back in the day you could get away with a lot more than you can nowadays on here. Back in 04-05 I could get away with making a thread in a forum as long as it even slightly dealt with the topic of that forum. Nowadays you're most likely breaking some rule or another if you post a thread or do something. Just my opinion.

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    I think PC is cool (well of what I've seen so far), I've never joined any other forums but now that I'm here I dunno if I want to. It's cool here so far, I can't wait to start making some friends and get joined in a lot more :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    i met my soulmate here so im quite appreciative

other than that i just can't take anyone seriously i mean the staff is one big bombastic circlejerk (lol fun fact: the mods have their own little ~private~ forum full of circlejerk festivities where they suck up to each other and take the piss out of members LIKE YOU READING THIS) and like 95% of the people here dont understand sarcasm / can't handle truth / can't take a joke so its just like

8-|

Back