• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokedex Online

Years
  • Pokedex Online

https://pokedexonline.com

Pokedex Online is a Pokedex website. You can find information on all the Pokemon that is currently known. Information includes level up attacks, tech/hidden machines, breeding, stats, etc.

Now what makes this website unique from the other Pokedex websites is that I have included a drawing board (oekaki) to it. In the drawing board, you can draw your favorite Pokemon or just any Pokemon you want and then you can have it added to the Pokedex. Each Pokemon in the Pokedex has its own image gallery, and all the fan art that was created from the drawing board goes in there. However, that's completely up to the artist. It's a great way for everyone to get involved, and artists will be able to have their art published in a neat way.

I mainly started this website because I wanted to improve my PHP skills. The coding is far from perfect, but a lot of work has been put in it, and I know it will continue to improve. I have a lot more things planned for this website, and I hope it becomes a success. Please let me know what you all think of it. If you guys have any suggestions, comments, criticism, or whatever, I'll gladly accept it.

Mr_Dark

Poke Dev.
    Years
  • I think it's nice, especially the "Cry" on a pokemon detail page.

Maby you should move the icon before the name in the pokemon list.

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    not too fussed on the pic of azelf but its brill otherwise ;)

Pikachu Trainer~

PokéDex Project
    Years
  • It's a brilliant helpful website, as it has alot of information on. The only thing that bugs me is the banner, the Azelf picture is a bit ugly and the banner is a bit plain. Maybe try adding a background to it or something.

-PT

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    I still do not see what your dex has that something like Veekun cannot accomplish.

While your Oekaki does seem like a creative idea, you should focus on providing official content. If anybody wanted to see what anybody else made, they would just individually reference to the Oekaki itself.

Zamith

The well-known trainer (not)
    Years
  • No, I believe the Oekaki thing was quite cool. I'm not good at it myself, but interaction with the "public" can never be underestimated. And, anyway, it isn't supposed to be the main attraction of the website, it's just a plus -- by the way, great for artistic pokenerds that find themselves bored at 3:00am.

In my opinion, the layout is the only thing to worry about. The pokedex is complete, but... well... kinda ugly. Veekun -- mentioned above -- has a layout that attracts more people. So, if you think about working on this website (i mean, you were practicing PHP, maybe you got bored of the project already. That's what usually happens to me), i'd try to focus on that. The package is what really appeals customers.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    No, I believe the Oekaki thing was quite cool. I'm not good at it myself, but interaction with the "public" can never be underestimated.

Something tells me you have no idea how you seem to be overestimating this "public interaction".

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
  • Wow I really like this, I think I will be using this online pokedex from now on.
    Good job!

Zamith

The well-known trainer (not)
    Years
  • Something tells me you have no idea how you seem to be overestimating this "public interaction".

Well, now my answer depends on what i believe the word "THIS" means in your sentence -- you can be either talking about the Oekaki or the reference to public interaction as a whole.

I'll take the second one 'cause it seems more interesting to debate anyway.

Public interaction is INDEED one of the most important factors of today's publicity. Ad banners, websites all look for that to attract more customeres. Internet has always offered tons of information to people, but no website has ever become such a fever as WIKIPEDIA, 'cause it allows you to interact with the information... debate it.... change it. Even digital TV is starting to focus on public interaction.

But anyway... i MIGHT not be convincing here. But, that's my opinion anyway.

And.... for the Oekaki. No, I'm NOT trying to compare it to wikipedia. But at least is a step into making your audience less passive.

(just hope the moderators won't kick my ass for deviating the topic from its original subject. It's only my third post here and it's terrible not to cause a first good impression to people who can decide if you live or die -- in the website at least.)

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2009
    Exellent site, you've obviously put alot of time and effort into the making of this site ;) well done

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    Well, now my answer depends on what i believe the word "THIS" means in your sentence -- you can be either talking about the Oekaki or the reference to public interaction as a whole.

I'll take the second one 'cause it seems more interesting to debate anyway.

Public interaction is INDEED one of the most important factors of today's publicity. Ad banners, websites all look for that to attract more customeres. Internet has always offered tons of information to people, but no website has ever become such a fever as WIKIPEDIA, 'cause it allows you to interact with the information... debate it.... change it. Even digital TV is starting to focus on public interaction.

But anyway... i MIGHT not be convincing here. But, that's my opinion anyway.

And.... for the Oekaki. No, I'm NOT trying to compare it to wikipedia. But at least is a step into making your audience less passive.

(just hope the moderators won't kick my ass for deviating the topic from its original subject. It's only my third post here and it's terrible not to cause a first good impression to people who can decide if you live or die -- in the website at least.)

No, I was referring to the Oekaki as a public interaction. All of that was irrelevant. If you want to debate this, then start a thread for it, and I'll be happy to oblige.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • I like it. Layout needs work, and I would note somewhere that the Image Gallery is user-created images, so as not to confuse people.

(Much better than some of your previous work :D)

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • Japanese words are written in kana, and romanization is rewriting those in roman letters.

Back