• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphic✓] [pokeemerald] Animating Doors?

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
  • Hi,

I've been trying to figure out not just how to animate new door tiles, but also where I need to go to actually MAKE them animate.

I recently added in new tiles for a building, which included a new door as well. It's similar to Emerald's gym door, so I figured I could slap on the Animated Door metatile behavior and also attach the Poke_Gym label, but nothing really happens. I walk up to it, and the generic door sound plays, no animation at all.

I've been trying to find where I can change this, but I'm not too sure where to look tbh. I found the door_anim folder, so I can add in a new animation for the new door, but I can't find the file where I can actually code it in, if that makes sense. Any idea where I can do this? I tried looking for a tutorial, but couldn't find one.

EDIT: Ok, I actually found src\field_door.c thanks to accidentally breaking something small lol. And by editing that, I was able to get the door animation working! Gotta fix a particular color a bit, but yeah, it's working now! For anyone else that may be having a similar issue, yeah this was my solution lol 💀

I guess while I've got this up, anyone know if it's possible to increase the size of a secondary tileset? Like, if I wanted to put in something big, but there wasn't enough free space to paste it in, could I just increase the dimensions to add more stuff? I just did to see if I could, and nothing broke so far, but are there any repercussions to this? So I can go back if I need to?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    I guess while I've got this up, anyone know if it's possible to increase the size of a secondary tileset? Like, if I wanted to put in something big, but there wasn't enough free space to paste it in, could I just increase the dimensions to add more stuff? I just did to see if I could, and nothing broke so far, but are there any repercussions to this? So I can go back if I need to?

The number of tiles in both tilesets is limited to 512 by default.
    Increasing the size of the tileset image up to this limit is completely safe, but anything past that won't work in-game.

Back