• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[pokeemerald] need help looking for or learning a randomizer script

Days
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    hello everyone. i recent gained an interest in decomp romhacking. i have an idea for the project i want to do, using the emerald rom, but i need some help. i have been trying to find out how to add a randomizer script to my project, as well as a pokemon color palette randomizer based on pokemon type.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • hello everyone. i recent gained an interest in decomp romhacking. i have an idea for the project i want to do, using the emerald rom, but i need some help. i have been trying to find out how to add a randomizer script to my project, as well as a pokemon color palette randomizer based on pokemon type.
    I imagine that by "randomizer script" you mean general randomizing capabilities, yeah?
    You have 2 options, you can either merge TheXaman's tx_randomizer_and_challenges branch into your project, or you can manually implement the code changes from this PR of the Pokeemerald-expansion, though I would suggest you only consider that after the PR has been merged. You have no idea what changes could be made to the PR as a result of the Pokeemerald-expansion's mantainers' reviews after all.

For palette randomization, you could merge Citrus Bolt's helios_color-variation branch which applies hue shift to sprites based on species constants and tweak its code or constants.

Days
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    thank you. this helps alot. now i just need to figure out which parts i need. and where to add it. still learning

Back