• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Battle✓] [pokeemerald] Trying to do some code stuff, would like someone to review it and see if it doesn't end up doing anything weird

Torterra18

Base PP Gifter
    Days
    Hello, sorry if it seems like I'm spamming, but I usually feel pretty insecure of what I do, feeling uncapable of finding solutions to my problems, anyways, I've did a code thing there, to make Toxic poisoning reduce both attack and special attack by 25% UNLESS the user has either Guts, Toxic Boost or Poison Heal, and I'm searching for someone to see if my code wouldn't lead to anything wacky happening, like the time I tried making both False Swipe and Explosion-like moves deal neutral to Rock, but ended up disabling the Rock type's defensive properties entirely, and here's the thing:
    Code:
    // check toxic
    if (gBattleMons[battlerAtk].status1 & STATUS1_TOXIC_POISON
        && gBattleMoves[move].effect != EFFECT_FACADE && abilityAtk != ABILITY_GUTS && abilityAtk != ABILITY_POISON_HEAL && abilityAtk != ABILITY_TOXIC_BOOST)
        dmg = ApplyModifier(UQ_4_12(0.75), dmg);
    btw it would be nice if we had some forum things here to ask help for stuff that we think shouldn't deserve an entire thread : )

Last edited:
    Back