• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeFarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fblaster

Spriter Prime
Years
  • So... let's see...
    I have started a project called PokeFarm. It was an idea that I had, which kinda mixes Pokemon and Harvest Moon. I have made some stuff already, and been working on it since some months ago. But the thing is... I'm giving up.

It features:
    - A messed up night/day system
    - A zeppelin travelling system, like the Magnet train, to travel between regions.
    - Caterpillar script included, making it possible to choose any pokemon owned to follow you.
    - A little time travel included (some GBC/GB graphics included in a quest)
    - A pokeball storage, which displays the pokeballs of the pokemon in the farm.
    - A furniture buying mode.
    - Some cutscenes made.
    - Towns from various regions (the starting towns)

I also have some screenies:

PokeFarm
    PokeFarm
    PokeFarm
    PokeFarm
    PokeFarm
    PokeFarm
    PokeFarm
    PokeFarm
    PokeFarm
    PokeFarm

So, since I think this is an original idea for pokemon, i'd rather see someone carry on the project instead of just letting it die. Anyone interested, PM me.

The Dash

Hurr.
    Years
  • This should really be in Games Showcase mate.
    From what I see the graphics look pretty messed up,
    try and stick to one graphic style (E.G. zoomed in 2x or not zoomed in atall, sprites and non-sprites.)

I could take it on,
    the overall premise looks promising.

Last edited:

Fblaster

Spriter Prime
    Years
  • Avatar told me I should post this here. Can you specify what you mean by messed up graphics? I know the background in the zeppelin isn't pokemon style, but besides that, what's wrong?

So, a plot...
    This is the story of a boy who decided to continue the work of his father in the PokeFarm, after he died. After he reaches the farm he notices it is very poor and old, so he has to buy furniture, ask the carpenter to build new buildings in the farm, and mostly important, fill the farm with pokemon. When he's exploring a cave nearby, Mew crosses his way, and so the local professor gives him a ticket to Kanto, to get something from Oak. Then an adventure begins to capture Mew, and by the way he finds out some secrets about the games heroes. =p The storyline isn't very worked on, because I was thinking about completing the systems first... This project uses Pokemon MD graphics for the pokemon, instead of finding pokemon in battle.

The capture of pokemon is quest based. You do favors to people, and those people give you pokemon who are old and and tired of battling, or things like that. I have also implemented a system in which you can capture wild pokemon you find walking around by throwing a pokeball at them and leaving it to luck. No battling, that would be too hard for me to do. I'm thinking about trying to make the pokeball really like throwing objects, like range attacks, since by now, you have to "talk" to wild pokemon to capture them.

Dash, if you want I can send a demo to you. Better than all this explaining :P

Fblaster

Spriter Prime
    Years
  • I'm uploading the demo. Once it is ready i'll send the link to you. The zeppelin was made by me, so I guess it's normal it isn't quite like the pokemon graphics. I can try to correct it later tonight.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2007
    This game looks extremely promissing(spelling?) anyway I hope I can help. I'm not really good at anything but maybe I can help search for bugs. If not then i'll still support the game.

Fblaster

Spriter Prime
    Years
  • I'm not working on this game anymore, as I said in the first post, I'm tired of developing it. But Pokefarm lives on (at least I think so), I have passed it to Dash already, so hes the one working on it now. He could post something about what he's been up to... I'll contact him and ask for him to post a thread about the game at the Games Showcase. Thanks for your support.

The Dash

Hurr.
    Years
  • Yeah I'm still working on it.. But not as much as I was before.. Got a few things I need to sort out in my life ;D.
    Since Fblaster gave it to me I have put in an Item Creation syste (Now 100% done) and that's about it. To find resources you need to use your Pokémon, you take them out with you and they will alert you when they find something that you can use.

Years
  • Hi there that hack sounds cool a little bit like something im plaining on doing but I have looked all over for Caterpillar script, but cant find it could you link it here for me please.

Or tell me witch thread I should look under I cant find it with search

Thanks in advance

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back