• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokegear Cards?

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2016
    I've had a look around, but I can't seem to find any mention of it, despite vaguely remembering such a feature in the past.

I want to have my games Pokegear function as it did in GS, requiring the player to find/purchase upgrade cards to gain feature such as the map and radio. I've looked at how both the Pokegear and Pokedex function on the Start Menu scripts, but can't seem to replicate this within the Pokegear itself.

Any advice?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    A quick look at how phone works give me the answer (that is easy). After lines like 'commands[@cmdJukebox=commands.length]=_INTL("Jukebox")'. Add something like 'if $game_switches[82]'. So this option only will be show if the switch 82 is ON.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2016
    Ahh, so simple! I was looking for a complicated was of doing this, was half expecting to need to completely rewrite the Pokegear script.

Thanks a bunch, it works a treat.

Back