• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokegen coming to 6th Gen! Yay or Nay?

Will you use Pokegen for Gen 6?

• Yay

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Nay

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Idk lmao

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Berzerk!

Hey, c'mon! Get serious!
Years
  • To hear this is a bit of a double-edged sword, to think that there are going to be hacks everywhere once again, well even more than before is a concern, but for others like myself, having a nice collection of Japanese 6 IV dittos hanging around just for personal breeding use is a godsend, considering how hard it can be to find an RNG'd 6IV ditto to begin with.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Well... I'm definitely excited for it!

I've been using Action Replays since Gen III and with each generation following that and I've only ever had my Ruby version crash once when I was like eleven and didn't know what I was doing lol. I'm definitely in support of this, I use editing programs to make parents for breeding or if I'm feeling particularly lazy then I'll just make it and be done with it.

I don't like this particular method imo, but I'll either get used to it or wait until something else comes out similar to what we had in Gen V.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • How would they be able to make a patch for PokeGen though? Maybe I just don't know enough about this sort of thing, but the games can't tell the difference between a legitimately caught/bred Pokemon and a Pokemon created via PokeGen that has legal stats/moves/etc, right?
    Well, patch the exploit that allows people to hack pokemon in via the sd card and etc. Too late for some already it seems (fighting hacks is exactly what I want to do in my online gameplay, right? -_-), but better sooner than later.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Well, patch the exploit that allows people to hack pokemon in via the sd card and etc. Too late for some already it seems (fighting hacks is exactly what I want to do in my online gameplay, right? -_-), but better sooner than later.

It would require a 3DS update not a game card patch I think.

Personally I feel sad that the Pokémon community is so welcome to hacks. The ease of breeding in 6th gen was certainly an answer to people who hacked because breeding "took too long". I'm expecting to see online battles dominated by hacked mons in no time, under the excuse that the hacked mons are "legal". I also expect the shiny market to be inflated.

Another excuse is that people want to "test teams", but for that you have Showdown instead.

Years
  • While I've never used any pokegen related stuff myself, I might use it to save time for breeding. Although, it is pretty nice when that shiny you've been trying for so hard finally hatches. Who knows. I might not use it if it's not compatible with Macs.

Edit:
    Anyways, I watched the video but I'm not sure what the website is called exactly. I want to try this and see if I can get what I was trying to breed for. Also does anyone know if you can customize ivs, natures, shininess, and abilities?

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Apparently the way PKHex works is that it inserts a Pokemon into the RAM by some exploit in the 3DS webbrowser, but only for certain firmware versions. The Pokemon gets sent into the first slot of Box 1. It also doesn't seem to work for the New 3DS.
    So if you want to prevent yourself from using this tool, just make sure to get the most recent 3DS update.

Really, all they need to do is to pull a forced 3DS update that prevents you to go to the eshop if not installed. Combine that with a Pokemon update that also locks internet access until installed.

Of course, that would just delaying the inevitable. Then again, there are already so many working hacking devices that allow people to hack Pokemon, so there's no delaying anyway. It's one of these things where you're happy to have a whole forum of trustworthy trading partners, right? ;)

Years
  • Hopefully the trade markets don't get too flooded with a bunch of people trying to trade hacked pokes. The main reason I wanted to try this was to try and see if I could get myself a bunch of different HP dittos. I wonder if it's also possible to edit where the pokemon came from so that way I could set it to some random country and still be able to do the masuda method.

war rock exe

Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!
    Years
  • This is a n00b question but has anyone actually got it to work? Ive tried twice and I cant get it to work, my only thought it that I have a 3DS XL that I got for Christmas two years ago (2014), but that shouldn't be a problem... should it?

Years
  • This is a n00b question but has anyone actually got it to work? Ive tried twice and I cant get it to work, my only thought it that I have a 3DS XL that I got for Christmas two years ago (2014), but that shouldn't be a problem... should it?

Apparently the OP got it to work. I can't find the website being used in the video which kinda sucks because this would help me so much if I could find it and test it. Hopefully someone out there knows what website it is.

war rock exe

Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!
    Years
  • Apparently the OP got it to work. I can't find the website being used in the video which kinda sucks because this would help me so much if I could find it and test it. Hopefully someone out there knows what website it is.

If you're asking what website is being used then it's http://loadcode.projectpokemon.org/
    if you're talking about the website with the tutorial on it then it's http://projectpokemon.org/forums/sh...r-RAM-based-Pokemon-Injection-for-XY-and-ORAS

Can you tell me if it works for you?

Years
  • If you're asking what website is being used then it's http://loadcode.projectpokemon.org/
    if you're talking about the website with the tutorial on it then it's http://projectpokemon.org/forums/sh...r-RAM-based-Pokemon-Injection-for-XY-and-ORAS

Can you tell me if it works for you?

Yeah I'll try in a few hours and let you know what happens. Hopefully this works but I'm still not 100% on what you're supposed to do. Eh, I guess I'll just figure it out as I go.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • They won't even need to do a Pokémon update unless they want to rigorously detect what's hacked or not.

It works on the original 3DS models because of a buffer exploit in the original 3DS Internet Browser, and it wouldn't work on the New 3DS because of the new browser engine — probably without the exploit in it. The exploit would then make edits to the 3DS RAM — the reason it works on Pokémon right now is because the save data is already loaded, largely unencrypted, in the RAM.

But once they have the Internet Browser buffer overflow patched, it's game over — unless you don't update. The damage is already done — with people able to hack again, things are going to go to hell really fast, and all you'd need to do is have a couple of un-updated games. Want to keep running and trading the exploited Pokémon? Just remove the game update from your 3DS. So, it's game over for everyone, no matter what happens.

Considering people went as far as not updating their 3DSes from the ancient 4.5.1.0 firmware just to use the Gateway, I can see a lot of people not updating their 3DSes just for Pokémon.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • As long as people only use it to get stuff you can normally get in-game and not stupid s**t like Sturdy Shedinja, or Megas holding items I don't mind this too much. But who am I kidding, of course noobs are going to use it for the latter.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    As long as people only use it to get stuff you can normally get in-game and not stupid s**t like Sturdy Shedinja, or Megas holding items I don't mind this too much. But who am I kidding, of course noobs are going to use it for the latter.

As long as people only use it to get stuff you can normally get in-game and not stupid s**t like Sturdy Shedinja

stupid s**t like Sturdy Shedinja

Sturdy Shedinja

I sure hope I won't come across that thing in the future... >.>

Years
  • I know I never use hacking or cheating devices, but seeing a 6th Gen Pokegen is interesting. It is still welcome news for those who used it in the past.

Back