• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokegirl playing since Blue version, need I say more?

Years
  • Hey everybody! :pink_boogie:

I'm new here so thought I would take a second to introduce myself. You can call me Monty (my nickname is totally random and not related to my actual name at all, more on that later :pink_tongue:). Here is a little background.

I'm in my 20s, been playing since Blue version came out... actually, I might still have that somewhere. :pink_laugh:

In high school my friends and I were always teased for loving anime, collecting trading cards and playing Pokemon, so I ended up stopping. I didn't pick it up again until I bought a DS and even then I didn't play it (still only have 5 badges in Platinum). Then, the godsend of Pokemon came out, I'm talking Black and White. I now own both and am really getting back into it again.

I decided to join up because I'm tired of being a closet Pokefreak (it totally sucks :pink_pissed:), and I've been finding out that way more of my friends play it than I thought... so I wanted to come out in the open, make some great new friends, learn how to become competitive, hopefully find some tournaments and overall just have a blast!

Who's with me? Raise your hands peeps!

Anyways, please lets chat!

:pink_love::pink_love::pink_love::pink_love:

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
  • Hey! I'm in my 20s too and have been playing since Blue as well! I don't have Blue anymore, but I re-bought Red, haha. Anyway, yeah, I use to be that way, and now I don't really care. So many people in their 20s play DS and play Pokemon. It's almost a cool-nerd thing to do! This place is awesome, I actually took a hiatus from this place, but I'm back again! So welcome! All the main Pokemon games are wicked, and it's good to see you're getting back into it again!

Years
  • Thanks for posting twilight and fem! :pink_giggle:

I never would have really thought that anybody in my area would play, unless they were Asian or something (no offence to Asians, I love you guys). I've been surprised a few times in the past year or so. I remember walking into the university cafeteria once and spotting 2 of my friends playing Pokemon together, since then I got back into it again because I remembered how fun it was to play haha.

Then just last week I was with a friend and I went to Future Shop and couldn't resist buying Black. I was so surprised when she started debating buying HeartGold and told me she had already beat White haha.

Nice meeting you guys! :pink_laugh:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I think you'll find a fair few twentysomething Pokefans here at PC, Monty. My first game was Blue and, although I've been off-and-on with the series, I'm liking the direction it's going in. There are plenty of places to discuss the games as well as anything else that takes your fancy. Feel free to ask any questions you have to people like me who are bold and blue, and enjoy your time here at PC.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Hewow Monty!! <3
    Welcome to the community :D
    I'm Nintendork15, I've been playing since blue too :3
    Except I've never thrown myself in the closet.
    I hope you have fun in our community, if you have any troubles I'll be glad to help ya :D

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I'm 25 and I just got back into this mess (XD) this year actually. So I know exactly how you feel! I sat through and played from Yellow on (since I started with Blue then played Yellow so long ago!), and now I play Black almost religiously lol.. over 260 hours on it XD Welcome!

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • It's always great to have other people in their 20's join the forum. Sometimes I fear, a completely irrational fear, that I'm the only one. XD Anyway, welcome. :D

Years
  • Thank you everybody for the warm welcome. It's great to know that there is a community here that is around my age!

Everybody so far has been extremely nice and as this community is quite large and diverse, I've been online all afternoon enjoying it.

Years
  • Monty, my advice. Follow the rules so you don't get into trouble! (I got suspended here once)

I think it's good you decided to join us!

I'm 19 and I've been loving Pokemon since the start of the franchise!

Although my first Pokemon game was Ruby.

Oshawott wants to say: Welcome to PC!

assassinjay1229

Im baaaack
    Years
  • Hey Monty, i'm Jay i'm about to be 19 so pretty close too my 20's haha
    My first Pokemon game was Yellow WAYYYYY back in the day XD although I still only have Blue left over from those days.
    I tend to hide my love of Pokemon aswell v_v
    Anyways I hope you have fun on PC ^_^

Years
  • I've always been open with my inner pokemon nerd, sometimes maybe too open. I'm 22 and I think it is suprising to meet people I never would have guessed were interested also.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Hey, welcome! I've been a fan since way back in the days of Red/Blue, though I've pretty much stuck with it the whole time (even though B/W were a letdown...) I still have my copy of Blue but the cartridge doesn't save anymore :/ I'm also a big fan of anime in general (just not the Pokemon anime, can't stand that, lol).

You've come to the right place... PC is filled with friendly members and lots of info and conversations about all things Pokemon so you can get the most from your games. So, take some time to explore our many sections and get to know people around here, and you're sure to enjoy your time here!

Years
  • Thank you!

Such a shame to hear that your cartridge doesn't save anymore LeSabre, I cry for you :pink_cry:

I've been exploring, lots of great things here to keep me occupied which is great. I was afraid that it would be like communities that I've joined in the past where I got bored on the first day and never went back haha.

Sorry to hear you aren't a fan of B/W, I really enjoy them actually. One that I just can't seem to get into is Platinum :pink_confused:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Actually, I liked Platimun a lot... B/W just had too many minor things like the Exp system and the menus and the horrible battle sprites that just all added up to make the game frustrating. And I didn't like the designs of the playable trainers.

Yeah, my brother tried playing through Blue again and it wouldn't save for him... fortunately he hadn't made it up to Brock yet.

At least I have Leaf Green, which has the added advantage of having my favorite playable trainer... who is prominently displayed in my sig :P She is so awesome, lol

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Hey everybody! :pink_boogie:

I'm new here so thought I would take a second to introduce myself. You can call me Monty (my nickname is totally random and not related to my actual name at all, more on that later :pink_tongue:). Here is a little background.

I'm in my 20s, been playing since Blue version came out... actually, I might still have that somewhere. :pink_laugh:

In high school my friends and I were always teased for loving anime, collecting trading cards and playing Pokemon, so I ended up stopping. I didn't pick it up again until I bought a DS and even then I didn't play it (still only have 5 badges in Platinum). Then, the godsend of Pokemon came out, I'm talking Black and White. I now own both and am really getting back into it again.

I decided to join up because I'm tired of being a closet Pokefreak (it totally sucks :pink_pissed:), and I've been finding out that way more of my friends play it than I thought... so I wanted to come out in the open, make some great new friends, learn how to become competitive, hopefully find some tournaments and overall just have a blast!

Who's with me? Raise your hands peeps!

Anyways, please lets chat!

:pink_love::pink_love::pink_love::pink_love:

Welcome to the forums, Monty! :)

Actually, I'm a Pokémon fan like you! There's no need to be a closet fan, since there are a lot of ways to have a community... like this place, huh?

I think you'll have a blast here, what with all the activities and things to do...

Have fun!

Years
  • I don't much like the sprite for BW myself either LeSabre. I would have to say my favourite is Platinum from the versions I own. SS would probably be my second but the giant hat is so horrible sometimes!

Actually, I'm a Pokémon fan like you! There's no need to be a closet fan, since there are a lot of ways to have a community... like this place, huh?

I think you'll have a blast here, what with all the activities and things to do...

Thank you very much! So far I am enjoying myself. I've had a bunch of people add me and we've been chatting via my profile.

I don't know how long it will be before they decide that this thread is too long to be a welcome thread, so I just wanted to invite everybody to post on my profile as well. I respond usually within a day :pink_boogie:

Back