• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeKart- Yes or No?

Would you like a PokeKart game?

• YES! I love MarioKart and/or Pokemon. :)

Votes: 82 73.9%
  • NO! It doesn't seem interesting or fun.

Votes: 29 26.1%

• Total voters
Years
  • Pokémon Ranger still revolves about people, though? Don't try and stifle discussion because it doesn't agree with you.

And yes, the "Mascot Character and other members of <Popular Franchise> drive around in on arcadey courses with some form of items" is a very specific genre of game, one that lends itself almost completely to clutching at Mario Karts' success.

For that matter, who would develop such a game and why would Nintendo feel inclined to greenlight such a project? Even at the Franchise Kart Racers' peak we only else saw Diddy Kong Racing published by Nintendo (Which for the majority of its development had nothing to do with Donkey Kong)

We've already seen a Pokémon racing game in the form of Dash, which was panned by pretty much everyone who reviewed it and hardly set the charts alight.

Rangers still managed with all the Pokemon in it, didn't it? I'm not stifling, everyone's just accusing that this is a MarioKart ripoff when I've been saying it's not! How many times must I repeat myself? Also, how am I stifling anything? Am I preventing you from posting stuff? No! Pokemon have mascots too, one most common is said Pikachu. Also since this is just an idea that's not thoroughly finished for making, there need not be items. There could be Pokemon moves as what some people have posted in this thread(which I presume you read, if not then well, never mind). All race games are arcade-styled, no? Especially if it was on the Wii, it's exactly like a home-based arcade game.

Success? I thought you were against the idea and you said success? Even you yourself keeps comparing this to Mario. Dash had nothing about vehicles in it, which is why I'm suggesting why not try having one that involves cars, karts, and what-have-we-not? People here are just having fun dreaming and fantasizing about having such games, then you came and act all "Oh this idea is stupid, everyone stop talking about." Not everything is perfect, yes I admit it, but it won't hurt thinking and discussing about it.

MiniminGames

aka MGPlatinium
    Years
  • Pokemon Dash was a racing game, it was original, but it didn't really work all too well.
    To make a successful PokeKart game, they would not just have to innovate, they would have to make it work.
    And…Pokemon riding karts?! They can't even talk, how should they drive?
    IMO, it should be a good Pokemon Dash game that worked similar to a kart game.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • I think that the concept of Pokemon driving would be fun, but I think the game would be better if you were a trainer driving and you could capture pokemon while racing. During every race you can use like three pokemon and their unique power ups. Like Grimer could slick up the road behind you, togepi could use metronome (or any random power up), and glaceon could freeze opponents. If you win a race your pokemon can level up, and learn new abilities or strengthen abilities. Starly could use fly and lift the car into the sky to drive, but when you level up starly into a staravia, and then staraptor, you could fly maybe 6 times longer, plus learn new skills tailwind to increase speed for a short duration. I kinda rambled, but I think that this could be a really fun and interactive game.

RHCPlover

Cyndaquil Obsessed
    Years
  • Although they already tried a racing concept with Pokemon Dash (which failed completely), a Pokemon game like Mario Kart would be cool.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • Knowing GF, they'll only put in Unova mons and Pikachu.

Imagine a roster of Pikachu, Emolga, Stunfisk, Patrat, Tepig, Audino, Zoroark, and Pansage. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2011
    just add a few good pokemon to mariokart and call it good. kanto pokemon that is.

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2011
    Ha! Sounds promising, but they kinda did a pokemon racing type game with the Triathlons where there were track related events.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • It would be fantastic a Pokemon Kart :)
    But... I think it would be better if there were many Nintendo Characters, not just Pokemon, like in Super Smash Bros Brawl but with karts. There would be circuits of every nintendo games and not just Mario, include Pokemon racetracks !
    Or if it was only a Pokemon game, it would be great a story mode, with gym leaders you have to defeat in their own circuit, etc etc...

Years
  • it would be cool for people who can actually drive in the mariokart games. as for me though, i have a issue of running of cliffs and running into walls. great idea just not for me.

Townes

Gentlemanly Hazard...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2011
    This idea must be implemented IMMEDIATELY.

archeops14

The First Bird
    Years
  • Sorry if there was another post about this, but I came up with some items which is now moves

-The shrinking thunderbolt thing could become Thunder (duh)
    -Red shells could be Swift or any other certain to attack move
    -The earthquake thing in the Wii version could be Earthquake (duh)
    -Seeker shell could be Revenge
    -The speed boosting mushrooms could be Quick Attack (duh)
    -Bullet Bill could be Extremespeed (duh)

And some new items
    -Trick Room (switch places, so basically first would be last and 11th would be 2nd (duh))

That's all I can think of at the moment
    -

TheBowsinator

Pi Lieker
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2022
    actually i love the odea of pokekart, but im rooting for a nintendokart having all the nintendo characters, sorta like what saga did. Wow im talking about saga in pokecommunity. Thats suicidal

Anyway, yeah it would be cooler, youd have all teh important pokemon characters and everyone else, and SPECIAL MOVES

Pikachu could get THUNDAH and shock everything to spin it out! :D

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i would love to see a game like this made. not anything like pokemon dash because that was kinda terrible but actual racing would be awesome. i dont know why they havent already

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2011
    It would be interesting, assuming you intend for trainers to nail wheels into the side of their pokemon and ride them down cycle path?

Now THERES a game idea.

Back