• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeKart- Yes or No?

Would you like a PokeKart game?

• YES! I love MarioKart and/or Pokemon. :)

Votes: 82 73.9%
  • NO! It doesn't seem interesting or fun.

Votes: 29 26.1%

• Total voters

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    It would ruin the series. Ity will just be mario lkart agin, but with genric pokemo instead. I wouldn't buy it unless they really changed the gameplay

Years
  • I think a better idea would be for Nintendo to release a..."patch" for MarioKart Wii where you can play as Pokémon. Even fanmade skins would be awesome. But yeah I dont see this as being great as a full game. Unless new mechanics were introduced.

grooveturtle

Turtle Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2013
    Depends... if the Pokemon didn't drive and if each Pokemon got a random amount of PP from an item box, they could use on of their 4 preset moves. Moves like "Fly" and "Surf" would allow the player to go airborne, or through water for a while. While, moves like "Thunderbolt" would have an attack sequence, like green shells in Mario Kart.
    Or, have the Pokemon be the karts, and their trainer rides them, however, this would leave out Pikachu, which of course, would never happen.

Simipour

Geyser Pokemon
    Years
  • Oh man I'm loving this idea. I would love to race as Golurk in a Go-Kart or Blaziken on a motorbike. I love MarioKart, so it'd be fun.
    But before anything like that, I really want a Pokemon fighting game in the style of Brawl.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I would say yes.
    I thought of this years ago xD
    I thought of trainers driving cars and the Power Up boxes randomly choose of Pokémon they use in the game they come from.
    So Red would have a choice of Pikachu , Bulbasaur , Charmander and Squirtle.
    And Blue having Eevee, Magikarp , Growlithe, and exegucute

And so on so forth?

Jdplayer

PokéHacking Beginner & Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2011
    That sounds like a great idea to be honest.

You'd have over 600 characters to play as (grouping them by type or region would make finding them easier), tracks could be based off of the landmarks from each region (Pokemon Tower, Mt. Silver, etc.), and to give it that little extra feeling; a day/evening/night system just like in the 2nd/4th and 5th Generations!

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • No. Pokemon is like the opposite of Kirby with the spinoffs. While with Kirby, the spinoffs are almost always infinitely more fun than the main series games(Canvas Curse anyone?), as the main series games are all very same-y. However in Pokemon, the spinoffs are never worth playing, besides maybe Mystery Dungeon. I mean Ranger is boring, Pokepark is both boring and it tries way too hard to be cute, and Channel is just......no. Mystery Dungeon is okay when I feel like dungeon-crawling, but it loses it's appeal for me, FAST. Plus, the spinoffs are overloaded with Pikachu, and Pikachu is horrible.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
  • It would be fantastic a Pokemon Kart :)
    But... I think it would be better if there were many Nintendo Characters, not just Pokemon, like in Super Smash Bros Brawl but with karts. There would be circuits of every nintendo games and not just Mario, include Pokemon racetracks !
    Or if it was only a Pokemon game, it would be great a story mode, with gym leaders you have to defeat in their own circuit, etc etc...

I agree with Mentalii! A Nintendo Kart would be what I prefer first. A PokeKart though? Depends. Having 649+ characters would be challenging...

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • Yeah sounds very interesting lol (Seeing Pokemon drive)
    Maybe 50cc could only be basic stage Pokemon
    100cc 1st stage Pokemon
    150cc 2nd (final) stage Pokemon

Power ups good also mean using their attacks, implementing pp and the sort.
    I also think a good race track would be around Mt. Coronet, driving down the mountain to the finish...

Years
  • OMG wow, I didn't think that this would receive so many positivity. X3 Yes, it would definitely be better if Nintendo incorporated their own mechanics. Perhaps stats for each vehicle? Like the generic speed stat, and maybe HP stat could be the amount of damage a vehicle can take from other opponents' through the use of items and what-have-you-not before it has something like a breakdown timer (quite short, 3~5s but long enough to make it an unwanted delay in a craze race). And if this ever comes out, I mean that'll be just insane and like..whew, I'd love to see the kind of items. They could be as what y'all have mentioned, in the form of Pokemon moves. I can visualize Protect as a type of item that aids the driver and other stuff we could all think of. xD;;

Yeah sounds very interesting lol (Seeing Pokemon drive)
    Maybe 50cc could only be basic stage Pokemon
    100cc 1st stage Pokemon
    150cc 2nd (final) stage Pokemon

Power ups good also mean using their attacks, implementing pp and the sort.
    I also think a good race track would be around Mt. Coronet, driving down the mountain to the finish...
    Exactly!!! =D

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • Good idea yes but I'd rather have a couple pokemon in a MarioKart game...Of course it's allready been sayed but having NintendoKart should be the next step in MarioKart Racing :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2014
    Well they once made a digimon racing kart race.So I think pokemon would work too.If they added the starters as characters.And as obstacles rolling Geodude or Digletts that appear.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Oh gosh this would be brilliant... And they could do it a bit like Pokemon Rumble where you get a starting pokemon (though you'd be able to choose it :3) and when you race against people and beat them they have a chance of joining you... THEN SANDSHREW CAN BE A RACER <3

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    You have no idea how much a Mario Kart / Pokémon mash-up kind of game would please me. I absolutely love Mario Kart, and would definitely buy it :D even if they just added Pokémon characters as unlockables to the normal Mario Kart games, that would be enough for me :D

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
  • I don't think pokemon with match with mario cart because would be kinda wierd seeing massive pokemon on a small kart and not much people would also like it because it sounds like a copy of mario.

Back