• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] PokeLand 0 Episode 4 - Sympathy of Darkness

Years
  • Introduction:

This story is partially based on real occurrences, although depicted in a very abstract form and it is important to note that this doesn't apply to all scenes. Certain facts were changed on purpose to better fit within this world and its narrative. Portrayed thoughts and emotions from the main protagonist might also have changed upon the release.

Episode 4 is written in a way that it can be enjoyed without having played the previous episodes. There is just a slight spoiler about the end of Episode 2, that was although thematized on our social media channels.

This story consists of 16 chapters and it is completed!

I would be grateful if you could also check out the other episodes released as Pokémon-Rom Hacks (Link in my signature)

Happy reading 😊
    Xero3C

----

Chapter 1: The Exploration Team

Absol and Flaafy arrived at a beach to take a little break. "Wow, it's so beautiful.
    I always want to go to the beach" explained Absol, already falling in love with the surroundings. "Yes, it's so nice and relaxing… WHAT?! There is someone !!!"

Flaafy immediately tried to rouse the fainted Pokémon. As soon as he noticed, that this won't have any effect, he used a weak electro attack. That one got him to breathe again. Absol then healed him.

"Where… Where am I? And… who are you?" Mudkip asked a bit dazed. "Thank Arceus, you made it. I'm Flaafy and that's Absol. Nice to meet you".
    "Thank you for the help… Sorry, I'm still a bit dazed" Mudkip said. "What happened to you?" Flaafy asked with a curious tone.

"Seems like I got shipwrecked. After me and a friend stopped our adventures, because he had to return to his world, I swore to him to explore every single corner of this world. And when we meet again, I could tell him all about it. Hey, maybe you know Chris and me? With the help of our guild, we restored the flow of time and calmed down Primal Dialga".

"Sounds super awesome, but I haven't heard about you. So, your ship is somewhere in the sea?" Flaafy asked worried. "Strange. So we aren't that famous as I thought… Yeah, the ship probably sank deep down the sea. In any case, I'm too tired to search for it".
    "But if you're looking for a new adventure, you can come with us. What do you say?" Absol asked with an excited.

"You seem pretty nice, so why not? Are you in a guild too?"

Flaafy and Absol almost simultaneously asked what that is. "You know an organization that's helping people in need who got trapped in Mystery Dungeons."

"Never heard of something like that before. Actually, we just escaped from an orphanage, that turned into a bootcamp. We got very lucky that someone activated the fire-alarm" Absol explained. Mudkip then suggested that they should form a guild.
    "I don't know man. Sounds like a lot of paper work" Flaafy explained.
    "Yeah you're right. Chatot & Wigglytuff can worry about that. Where do you want to go next?" Mudkip asked curious, but mainly hungry. "I don't know. We're just strolling around with no clear goal in mind :')" Flaafy answered a bit embarrassed. "Then we should get a map in the next town" Mudkip suggested. "That sounds like a very good plan 😊" Absol said, happy about the fact that someone's now taking the lead.

Years
  • Chapter 2: A different world

After some while, the trio reached a town, inhabited by Psyducks, where they decided to have dinner.

While they were waiting for dinner Mudkip turned the map around like a steering wheel. "Something's wrong?" Flaafy asked.
    "Well, this map looks kinda off."
    "Huh, why that?! Did we got tricked?!" Flaafy asked worried.
    "I don't find the region, I am from and the continents's structure looks very strange."
    "Where are you from?" Absol asked interested.
    "I'm from Treasure Town. Ring a bell?"
    "Never heard of that one before. What about you honey?" Absol asked.
    "Same for me never heard or read about it" Flaafly explained.
    "Wait a second! Are you a couple?!" Mudkip asked kinda shocked.
    "Well, I thought that it was pretty obvious" Absol replied amorously with a soft voice. "Hey, we don't know each other for that long, you know? I hope I'm not interrupting your honeymoon?".

"No, we're too young for that. But that brings up another question: Mudkip how old are you?" Flaafy asked.
    "12 and you?"
    "We are a bit older. We're both 16 years old."
    "Oh nice, so you can buy me some alcohol 😉"
    "No, you are way too young for that!" Flaaty instantly replied with a sharp tone.
    "I was just joking 😊 But this map still confuses me… Where is your orphanage?"
    "It's located in Pallet Town, a small village on the Soucen continent."
    "Not a name I ever heard before…" Mudkip said, while still thinking.

"Well, Mudkip… I know it sounds crazy, but what if you got teleported into a different world during the shipwrecking process?"
    "WHAAT???!!!" Mudkip was undeniably shocked by this statement.
    "It would explain why this map looks so unfamiliar to you."
    "Hmmm… The storm immediately threw me in the water and I lost consciousness shortly after that. But how would it be possible for me to land into a different world? Something like that is just possible with rockets. Isn't it?"
    "How about we find out?" Absol asked with a lot of enthusiasm. "A space research lab might be a good address."

"But I don't want them to treat me like an alien and do experiments with me."

"But how do you plan to get home elsewise?" Absol asked, convinced that her suggestion was the only right choice.

"You know what? This world isn't that different from mine. The only reasons for me to return home, is to see Chris again, but I don't know if he ever returns to Treasure Town. Sure, I miss my old guild, but I could also go on adventures with you" Mudkip argued.

"Great! So, we're going on a journey and maybe we're finding out more about the black towers along the way. Cheers!" Flaafy replied happily.

Chapter 3: Confrontation with Darkness

"Pokémon Stranded – Nice title for a videogame if you ask me" Absol explained, while strolling through Psyduck Town.

Just an instance later, the trio got rampaged by a hectic citizen. "Sorry, I heard your conversation in the restaurant" Psyduck said while snapping for air. "We should've been whistling" Mudkip noticed. "No… no… Oh Lord Arceus… I'm not judging you for that. Phew… Just wanted to tell you that our elder Golduck might be a help. He's very wise… Phew… Good that I was fast enough to catch up on you…" he said while swiping away his sweat. "Alright, let's pay him a visit! Thanks, Psyduck…"

Just before Flaafy was about to end his sentence, a huge rumble came out of the temple. Without a minute of hesitation, the gang followed the lead.

"You will never ever get my turban!" the elder countered. "Laughable. You are on your knees already. Time for retirement grandpa. No one can win against Darkness" one of them said, very assured to win this battle. "I wouldn't be so sure about that…"
    Golduck summoned 4 Psyducks made out of light, who immediately attacked the enemy. Though without luck.

"Hand over your turban already old man. It looks better on me" one of the Darknesses said in an arrogant tone. "Sigh… This is not a cosmetical item! This turban allows you to see into the future for a short amount of time". Golduck felt on his knees again.
    "I'm sorry, Dialga".

Just before the elder was about to faint out, the trio arrived for help. Absol immediately healed the injured Pokémon, while Mudkip & Flaafy got into Darknesses way.

Years
  • Chapter 4: His story

A few weeks later...

Mudkip, Flaafy & Absol arrived at a crossroad, not far away from the Valley of Destiny. But a Pawmot in a grey armor hindered their passage. "Here is no playground for kids. Better get home" the knight said.

"We're not letting Darkness destroy the precious Light!" Mudkip said with a lot of determination. "It's not like that. We use Darkness to defeat Darkness."
    "Doesn't look like it" Flaafy argued in angry tone. "Do you know what I see under this armor? A sad Pokémon, that will never be happy!" Absol replied.

"You have no idea!!!" Pawmot replied sharply. But he was thinking for a second. Once the trio was ready to attack, he continued:

"I want you to understand me. Yes, I am evil. That's no secret to me either. But sometimes, it helps to take a look behind the curtains. Why did someone turn evil in the first place? We all have different goals. Some don't know that they're evil and that they're doing bad things. Yes, I help Luck. He found me in a moment of despair. But, when I found out who he really was, I knew that we could change things for the better".

"I get the feeling that you just want to stall us!!!" Absol said, ready for a confrontation. But Mudkip stopped her. "I think we should give him a chance." The mysterious knight continued.

My name's Pawmot, but I prefer to use my nickname, Xero – It's more personal and distinctive. I got this name sometime during school. At first, I thought it would be spelled Zero, like the number, since I'm not someone special. Can't tell, why they replaced the Z with the letter X.

Since, my birth, I have a feeling, that I'm different. Instead of an orange fur, I've got a black one. Some people thought of it as a bad omen and they weren't wrong.

I carry Darkness inside me. Light and Darkness are very complex themes, with many different facets and forms. I have a form of Darkness in me that doesn't hurt the people around me, but to a certain degree myself. I'm elaborating on this further later on, but I can already reveal, that it's a certain type of 'Calm' that sometimes feels like a burden to me. In some situations, I don't know what to say or how to act. It's like a barrier.

In my childhood, I lived a very harmonious life with friends and surrounded by people that loved and respected me. But then…

In my 25 years, I've seen a lot, learned a lot. More than I liked.

As time passed by, things went darker and darker… I never had many friends and even now, I can't say that I have much of 'em either. Is it my fault? No… not really.

In primary school life was a breeze, but after that, everything got more serious and I lost some friendships because of that inevitable change.

In the junior high, I didn't got noticed very much. Might be, because I'm a rather calm person. But not just that… Teenagers in their early ages are very stupid, arrogant and most importantly intolerant.

"And now you want revenge?" Flaafy asked. I denied.

"After 3 years, I had to visit a different High School. Although, I was sad about that change at first, it was actually better for me. During these studies, the focus lied more on practical education to launch into a job, if desired.
    During that time, I was 16 and the people around me were very kind. Maybe that's because they were more matured. I was once again surrounded by a comfortable and familiar atmosphere. At the age of 19, I reached my diploma and with it came another change…

"You know, changes are part of the life. You have to deal with it!" Absol explained. "Thanks for your sympathies". Then Mudkip took the word: "I can understand you.
    I know how it is to get thrown from one situation to the next. But the most important thing is, not to give up. I have a feeling that you aren't that evil after all."

"You are right, but… it's difficult for me. You know…"

Chapter 5: The wish

My interests are centered around videogames. The technical advancement is quite impressive. But I mostly like them because of the fun gameplay, the challenges and they sometimes tell very good stories too. I highly value a good story. But, I don't read much, for not to say never at all. I rather think, that's because of my laziness. After work, I rather like to watch TV or play a videogame. And during the weekends, I work on my career.

Aside from the fact, that I don't have many friends to spend time with, there is one important thing that I'm missing: A relationship. Having a girlfriend to spend happy moments together, to laugh a lot, to have fun with, to be there for each other and to slowly build a future together, is what I want the most.

My heart got broken 2 times very badly, even before it really started. The first time was in Junior High, first year. I got along very well with a classmate, but she didn't noticed that I was interested. Another classmate told her, before I got the chance to do so. Turned out that she had a boyfriend and since she found out, she avoided me whenever possible.

The second time was similar. I met someone through a PokéGear App. I'm not so much into that, but since I'm interested in technology, I wanted to give it a try. As of recently, it's possible to communicate with these devices, thanks to the Black Towers. We vibed and she even agreed to go on a date. But it didn't came that far. She lied to me and she got in a relationship, before we could meet.

I continued to look online, since I don't really have someone to go to a party and even then, I find it difficult to initiate a conversation. One failure after the other. Can't believe that I'm having so much bad luck, is it the one thing that I'm wishing for the most. I wish for that more than a work that I like, since the job I currently have is not very interesting.
    I decided to take on a different approach: Going to the city and visiting a book shop.
    I know, I'm not reading much, but maybe I could find a good short story. I found a book and I also did some other errands, but I got never presented with an opportunity to talk to someone. Would have been too good to be true.

Before going home, I strolled a bit through the shopping street. On my way, I noticed a lonely treasure box and I tried to open it. As I made it, I magically throw a coin in.
    On the second look, I noticed a Pokémon housing inside.

"Hey, don't stop! Give me more money" a little bug said. "No! I just gave you a coin".
    "Yeah, thanks for that mister. But I'm astonished that you noticed it. Most people give me their money until they don't have anything left."

"That's not honest from your side!" I replied. "I know. But as long as it works, I'm all fine. I'm always getting enough coins to buy me some food. Pretty cool, huh?"
    "No, it is not! Why don't you try to earn some money in a honest way?"
    "You mean with a job? No thanks. I worked in a bank before, but I just straight up love money and coins. A bit too much. As I then spend some days on the street in my comfy box, I learned to use the ability of my species."

"But are you really happy with your situation?" I asked critically.
    "Sure! Elsewise, I wouldn't do it. As I said, I earn enough money for food, my treasure box serves as a house and I can wash myself on the river" the Gimmighoul explained.
    "You know, I don't think it's fair to take from others. Other people work hard to get money and you're just benefiting from them!"
    "It's not like I never tried to find another job, but I got addicted my new way of living."
    "Then you should get some help."
    "Oh boy, you don't know anything. When you suffer from an addiction, you're not searching for help. Don't want that people perceive me as weak. Besides, what I do is illegal. Means, I would have to go to jail."
    "It's still not correct."
    "What do you want to do now? Call the cops? Good luck, but in that case, I'm just travelling to another place."
    "No, I'm not like that."

After a few meters, I found another homeless person. He begged me to give some money and I advised him that there is a Gimmighoul wanting to share his money.

"I thank you very much, young man. May the gods protect you". I then asked him, why he got homeless. "Well, I lost my job. Shortening work times, saving money. And without a diploma and being aged, it's hard to find something else." He had to cough. "Then I became addicted to alcohol. Didn't got along with my wife anymore. Don't have kids or many family members. The divorce has cost me a fortune and she was allowed to keep the house".

"I'm very sorry for you. Haven't you tried to contact your remaining family members?"
    "It's not that easy, my boy. The addiction controls me. But you don't have to worry about me" he said in a kind tone. "I'm just sorry to see someone falling that deep.
    I'm persuaded that no matter how deep you fall, that you can always stand up and that things will always get better".
    "Well, if you know…"
    At that time, I didn't know what he meant by this statement.

Years
  • Chapter 6: Hopeless

While in the train, I thought a lot about what that homeless person could have meant. Should I really fall that deep, that there's no more hope?
    Getting to know someone online always ends up in failure and I didn't saw a possibility in the train either. When I think about it, nothing has changed during the last 3 years. I'm still at the same point. I don't advance in love, nor in my career. I wonder if something will ever change? You would think that I should take my fate in my own hands, but how can I change something?

I was the only one who left the train. Even outside of the train station, no one was to be seen. Beside him…

Almost instantly he started the conversation: "Hello there. We have the same fur color. That's quite exceptional."
    "Yeah, maybe" I answered briefly.
    "Do you know what that means?"
    "You mean that dark color? No I am not."
    "It means that someone carries around quite an amount of Darkness in his heart."
    "Really? Never thought about it that way."
    "Well, you should."
    "Yeah, maybe…"

"Something happened?" that person asked me, but I negate with a sigh.
    "I know. Why should you talk with a stranger about your feelings? But believe it or not, this can actually help. A stranger won't judge you and who knows, maybe we'd never see each other again. So, what do you have to lose?"
    I briefly thought about it: "Yeah, why not? You know, today I realized that my whole life is spinning around in circles. I don't progress in any way."
    "How do you mean that?"
    "I still have this boring office job and in my private life, nothing seems to change either."
    "I see… Did you tried to find a new job?"
    "It's not that easy with no real degree. I'm about to finish some courses, but… I don't know… Maybe I'm too pessimistic."
    "What do you want to work as?"
    "I would like to create websites and/or digital content."
    "Interesting… Oh, I see you have a PokéGear. Well, you know, I'm the inventor of this device!" the Sceptile explained very proudly.
    "And I shall believe you that?"
    "Here is my business card."
    "Looks a bit fake, if you ask me. Besides, what is a CEO of a multimillion dollar business doing at the train station?"
    "The same as you, I think: Taking the train to go the capital city."
    "And you don't have a car to drive there?"
    "The parking situation isn't that ideal there. You also took the train."
    "Yeah, that's a good point."

"You know, if you want, you can make an internship at the Internet Company. One or two weeks, is fine as well, if you can't get more days off."
    "Really?! That's unbelievable! Thank you so much! I'm going to ask for some free days on Monday and I'll contact you then asap!".
    "Sure. Can I ask you another question?"
    "Yeah, sure."
    "Are you happy with your life?"
    "When I'm honest with you… Not entirely."
    "Oh… And why not?"
    "Because, I'm not advancing. Sure, I can be happy to have a job in the first place, but there are many things, I would like to do instead. I'm also grateful to have a few friends, but there is still a missing piece…"
    "Ok… And do you know how you can change that?"
    "No, not really."
    "I'm sorry for you. But, when it comes down to work, I could already help you a bit.
    I have another question if you don't mind?"
    "Will this end up in a therapy meeting?"
    "No, no. I'm just trying to help you. And hey, I secured you an internship, so you could be a bit more cooperative."
    "Alright. What's your next question?"

"How do you perceive the world around you? I want an honest answer. There's no right or wrong."
    "Well… There is a huge amount of Darkness in this world, injustices, prejudices, etc... Sure, there are also some exceptions, but still…"
    "I feel you. Most people are egoistic and they don't care about other people's feelings. Had to learn that too, even when I was a young lad. People very often underestimated me, they didn't believed in me. It's for that reason, that I want to give others a chance, a perspective."
    "I highly value that. Thank you so much!"

"You're rather calm, are you?"
    "Yes… Sometimes … I don't know... In certain situations, I just don't know what to say."
    "Don't worry about it. Everything's getting better!"
    "Thank you. I would now like to get home. I suppose your train's coming soon too."
    "Sure thing! I'm happy that I was able to help you a bit and I'm looking forward to hear from you."

When I got home, I verified the information on his card. A Pokémon with the name of "LUCK" founded the Internet Company a year ago. Shortly after that, they launched the PokéGear. Around 2 months later, construction sites appear all over the world.
    The goal is to construct connection-towers, ensuring a better connectivity between smartphones and PCs.

My parents were happy about the presenting opportunity and it was no problem to take some weeks off.

Chapter 7: A new world

The following week, I met with Luck, on the exact same spot where we first met.

"Perfectly on time. Very nice!" After the greetings, he summoned a portal.
    "What is that?" I asked curiously.
    "You know, my company is situated outside of this planet. That's why a portal is needed to access it."
    "What?! How that?! Wait! Are you even a Pokémon?!"
    "That's a typical reaction. Every Pokémon has a special ability, you know?. Mine is to create worlds. But only the structure. I am not able to create living beings. What about yours?"
    "I don't know to be honest. Sometimes, I don't think that I even have a special ability. When I do something, it's always mediocre, but never better than anyone else."
    "Don't say that. Everyone's got a special ability. Sometimes it just takes time to find it out. Let's go now!"

It only took us a few seconds to reach a giant city center surrounded by numerous skyscrapers. While on our way, Luck told me about the work I can expect. But there was not much time. We reached the last floor very quickly, where he guided me to the last room.

As we entered, the strange looking Gardevoir didn't even noticed us. Luck coughed to make a noise.
    "Oh, sorry. I was buried in my work. Is this the boy you told me about?"
    "Exactly! This is Xero."
    "Good Morning, young man. Iron Valiant's the name. Nice to meet you. I hope that you can learn something in the 2 upcoming weeks."
    "Nice to meet you as well."
    "He's a bit quiet at first. But no worries, you are in good hands here. Gonna pick you up at 5 p.m."
    "Alright. Thanks a lot!"

Iron Valiant introduced me to the team and then I could already start by looking over Gravelers shoulders. Although his fierce look, he's very friendly. I had a lot of questions regarding this world, but they had to wait until lunch time. For now, I had to focus on the work.

At lunch, our subjects of talking were centered around our lives and the world here. Even if there are many normal Pokémon in this world, there's still something futuristic to it. My boss, f.ex, is wearing an armor. The technology is still work in progress, but many people are working on that subject on a daily basis. In short, this armor should help people in their daily tasks. Another area of use are battles: They provide an extra-layer of protection and the ability to analyze an opponent. I heard that there are even a few prototypes that already made it to Xenos.

The rest of the day passed by relatively quickly.

"How do you liked it?" Luck asked.
    "It was awesome! I got directly involved in projects and the people here are super friendly!" I replied euphorically.
    "Good to hear that. Do great and I'll see if I can get you a full-time position."
    "Really?! Thank you so much!"

After Luck brought me home, he met with his right-hand man Badger.
    "I don't understand what you like about that boy. I would even go as far, as to say that he is a waste of time."
    "Oh Badger, pessimistic as always. Give him a chance. It might take a while, but he has a huge potential. Besides, what do we have to lose? In the worst case scenario, we can get rid of him very easily. Not many people will miss him."
    "Well, I hope you are right."

Years
  • Chapter 8: Continuation

There's not much to tell about the 2 upcoming weeks, but I was very nervous on my last day, about his decision. And it then happened that I got offered a full-time position as a web-designer at the Internet Company. I was so happy, I couldn't hold myself.
    I finally reached a big milestone in my life.

"I thank you so much! Also for the fact, that you didn't had any prejudices. I really admire that!"
    "How do you mean that?"
    "I mean, most companies don't take you for such a short amount of time, because they think that it's not worth the effort or that one wouldn't be able to learn something."
    "I see… Well, I'm different in that sense. I know how it can be. If someone has prejudices. Is that something that annoys you?"
    "Of course! It's sad that many people don't get a chance to prove themselves and/or to pursuit their dreams."
    "Well, you had luck. I'm proud that you are now part of our team. I think you're fitting in here very well. Cheers to a good collaboration!"

Saying goodbye to my old colleagues wasn't easy, but I'm better off now. I celebrated that with a friend.

Now there's one last milestone for me to reach: The most difficult one…

The next Monday directly started with a change. Although, I don't like them, it was certainly a good one: Picilla, a female Pachirisu around my age came back from her holiday and we're now working together.

Iron Valiant told us about the structural change: Picilla and I, are in charge of website-projects, while Graveler, who previously had my position, got promoted and is now in charge to coordinate and control our projects among other ones too.

Picilla was very friendly and chatty. After the bureaucratic stuff, we were able to get to know each other better. We always got some topics to talk about and she has a good sense of humor. Even after a short while, we got along very well.

Normally, we ate with our colleagues in the inhouse cafeteria, but on our first day, she invited me to a restaurant outside, to show me the city.
    "Certainly impressive what this Luck created here. This whole city is no different than our world. Aside from the fact, that his world only contains this city" she explained.
    "Yes, it really fascinates me. But I think that this world just serves for the purpose to having workspaces. At least, that's my first impression."
    "Yeah, could be. He always took you here, did he?"
    "Yes. How do you get here, btw?"
    "Like anyone else: By using dark portals."
    "What is that?"
    "It's a type of portal everyone can create and it serves the purpose to traverse between this and our world. I don't like this method much though. Chances are, that he'll show you, now that you are working here."
    "Ok, I'm looking forward to that."

At 17:00, Picilla left the office, while I had to wait for Luck. Today it took him longer than usual. After 45 minutes of waiting, he showed up.

"Sorry, took me a bit longer. I hope you didn't thought that I forget about you?"
    "Well, I did" I said a bit disappointed.
    "I went to the tailor" then he threw a black coat at me.
    "Is that the new working gear? If so, then it's not very … stylish."
    "No, you need this coat to travel between Xenos and this world."
    "How so?"

"There are many possibilities to travel between worlds and even between places on the planet itself. In most cases, it is tied to a certain requirement. I can make a normal portal, because I've created this world. But others require to create dark portals and they then need to go through dark corridors. The last one is a somewhat dangerous place, because they contain a good amount of Darkness. But the coats serve as a protection. To create a dark portal, the only requirement is to have a bit of darkness in your heart. Concentrate a few negative emotions, then think of the destination you want to go and move your right hand as if you want to push something."
    I was able to do that, without much hassle.

"Perfect! On the first try! Now, all you need to do is to go straight towards the exit. There are no turnarounds, just follow the path straight and narrow. I accompany you back home and tomorrow yet again, to come here and then you should be fine."

Inside of this corridor, I noticed many Darknesses floating around the sides. Some event tried to attack me. Some yelled at me and insulted me. Luck then amplified the importance to take on a defensive position. The coat serves to hold off the Darkness, but it's impossible to guarantee a 100% safety.

"I wonder if those Darknesses could be mine, since I created this portal?"
    "Yes, they are yours. You think to be quite happy at this moment and for that reason to not have any Darkness in your heart, but negative emotions also come from deep inside. Don't sweat it though. For others, this place is way scarier and more developed. Everyone carries around at least a little bit of Darkness. It certainly is a very complex subject, but let's keep this for another time. We're close reaching the exit."

At the train station, Luck reiterated how important it is to wear this black coat, when going through such portals.
    "Don't get too cocky by thinking Darkness can't hurt you. They certainly can, even when you think you're happy. Even I don't go through such portals without proper protection. Never underestimate the power of Darkness. In the worst case scenario, they can even kill you. So, the black coat is an essential piece of cloth! Understood?"

On the next day, Picilla noticed my new gear: "Oh, you now also have one of these super stylish coats 😊"
    "Don't tell me that you like this shred?"
    "No, I'm just kidding. But those dark corridors are a frightening place. Don't you think?"
    "Yes, indeed. But I'm not thinking too much about the Darkness. Why should I?
    I'm happy how everything is right now."
    "Good to hear that! I also like it here. But these dark portals are dragging me down sometimes…"
    "How do you mean that?"
    "You're also going through these portals and although the Darkness inside doesn't attack very often, I still find it kinda scary."
    "Luck told me, that this Darkness represent negative emotions that slumbers deep within someone. I mean, I'm not happy that I have them, but I've got quite a few things to carry around. But, now I'm happy how things are. You shouldn't allow Darkness to drag you down."
    "Yes, you are right. To be honest, I don't even know where my Darkness comes from. Maybe it's because, deep in my consciousness, I believe that something about this world here isn't right. That Luck has something to hide."
    "You think?"
    "Yeah, I mean why did he created this world in the first place? The answer you get is to not waste space on planet Xenos and that he has the ability to create worlds.
    I believe that there is more to it. But no-one's questioning this. And I have no idea on how to find out more."

"Oh, I see… Yeah, this is also a bit suspicious to me. But, for now, I'm happy to have a job here. I'll keep my ears and eyes wide open nonetheless."
    "Good to hear that! Won't be difficult to you since you have quite some big ears 😉
    We should get to work now."

After this serious topic, we switched to more funnier one's. I really like Picilla: She is super funny, very talkative and as it turned out, we have some of the same interests. Another big plus is, that she's not living far away from me. Everything felt so good and easy with her. There's just one problem: She's my co-worker and I already made some bad experiences with a schoolmate before.

But, I didn't wanted to give up on her that easy. I figured, that I should wait a bit and take it slowly. And I had a new goal in mind now: Uncovering the secrets of this world, since this is quite important to her. I just have no idea myself on how to do that either.

Does this Luck guy really has to hide something? I hope not. At the moment, I feel very happy. I'm surrounded by nice people and I have a lot of contact with them, especially with Picilla, I like the work I'm doing and I also have friends outside of this world. It's been a very long time, since I felt that this Darkness inside of me was fading away.

I wonder if it is even possible to fully defeat it, giving the fact, that I also sometimes need a few calm moments. But, when I find myself in situation like these, my Darkness is less present.

Chapter 9: Mewtwo

After a few weeks, Luck went to visit me again, right after closing time, as he wanted to ask me something:

"You're practicing martial arts, do you?"
    "Yes, why?"
    "I'm about to train a new entity in MMA. If you like, you can come by for a trial training? It's in the dojo 2 streets away and we're training every Tuesday from 19:00 – 20:30."
    "I feel honored, thank you! But what is that entity about?"
    "I thought you'd know our common foe, the Darkness?"
    "And how do you want to fight it?"
    "As of recently, we detected a massive presence of Darkness on planet Xenos. Those Darknesses, taking the shape of Pokémon, can use dark portals and as such, they could also infiltrate this world."
    "I see… That brings me to the question, why you created this world in the first place?"
    I received the standardized answer, but I now saw a possibility to find out more.

After our meeting, he went to Badger.
    "And?"
    "He agreed, but it will still take some time…"
    "Told you, that he's not worth your time and effort."
    "Everything on it's own time…"
    Then he made a pause.
    "It will be the first time, that I'll be sorry for something I do."

Luck was happy to see me and during the training a nice and friendly atmosphere was prevalent. We started with exercises from many different sport activities. This should serve as a good foundation, since there are also Type-Attacks, which is a more advanced concept. It's important to note, that there are certain attacks, every Pokémon can use, while there are also others, only Pokémon from a certain type can learn.
    For example, I can use certain Electric-Type attacks, that a Psychic-Type Pokémon like my training partner Mewtwo cannot learn and vice versa.

The latter one was my main sparring partner during this lesson. Although, I'm twice as old as him, we got along very well. And I came to learn, that he is Lucks son. He was very curious and asked me a lot of questions, but that's normal when you get to know someone new.

After the lessons Luck asked me how I liked the training?
    "I see, you already got to know my son."
    "Yes, we get along pretty well."
    "Happy to hear that. If you should have time on a weekend, do you think you can show Junior here how to create websites? As of recently, he showed up some interest regarding that topic."
    "Junior? You're so embarrassing, dad."
    "Haha 😊 Yes, sure! I don't have plans for this Saturday."
    Mewtwo was very happy about that and so we exchanged PokéGear numbers.

After our training, Luck and Mewtwo went to the bar to meet up with Badger.
    "Hey dad, we should give our team a name" Mewtwo said with a kind of enthusiasm.
    "Is that important to you?"
    "Yes, it gives people something they can identify with. And that strengthens the bond!"
    "Hmmm… Let me think… How do you like 'Final Darkness'?"
    "Why this name?"
    "Because we are the one's who will put an end to Darkness."
    "Yeah, right. The name sounds cool!"
    "Ok, then. You should get some sleep now. Have to talk with Badger about a few things."

"Why do you always have to lie to this poor child?"
    "I just give him the information he needs. He'll be the perfect puppet, just as his new friend" Luck explained with a bright smile.
    "Oh, yeah, Tend to forget that we are just chess-figures to you."
    "Hey, you know that's not true. Sometimes, all it needs is a put in the right direction."
    The day after, I reported back to Picilla.
    "That's good 😊 Maybe you're finding out more about Lucks secrets this way."
    "I'm not only doing this for this sole reason. I'd also like to have a friendship with Mewtwo."
    "You're twice as old as him."
    "Yeah, but it doesn't matter to me."

Mewtwo is living together with Luck and another few Pokémon at the giant mansion you always see on the horizon. If you would compare it, then I think the closest resemblance would be the castle of Versailles, just way taller and with many more floors, since it serves as a hotel for some of the employees.

Getting in there wasn't easy though: "Who are you? From whom you got an invitation? How long do you stay? Show us your ID card" it was a pretty lengthy process, but then Luck yelled at the security guards to let me in and that they should bring me to Mewtwo's room, where the latter one was already awaiting me. Upon entering, I got shocked a bit, since his room was filled up with monitors, all blinking by turns.

"Hey Mewtwo, you have quite a lot of screens here."
    "Yeah, right? I learn programming, a bit about biology & genetic engineering and my gaming station is also connected. But I think it's better to go in the garden. The weather's too good to stay inside." I couldn't refuse this offer.

I was very impressed on how receptive Mewtwo was, but it's also understandable, giving the fact that he is very thirsty for knowledge. He was also excited to explain me how to program, since I always had problems with that. After 3 hours, we saw our heads steaming and Mewtwo suggested to have a sea salt-ice cream for cooldown.
    "You will love it! And we should go to my favorite place in town: The Horizon Stairs."

On our way, we met Picilla, who forgot some stuff in the office and now wanting to take the opportunity to buy some food at the grocery store. I asked her if she would like to come and have some ice cream with us. It made me really happy that she agreed.

"Wow, I'm impressed! It's salty, but sweet too. I like it 😊" I said with a big smile on my face, because delicious food makes me happy.
    "Right. And this place here is so nice as well" Picilla noticed.
    "I come often here, because you can see wide in the horizon, especially now at sunset" Mewtwo explained.
    "Say Mewtwo, which grade are you?" Picilla asked interested.
    "After this summer, I'm going to 7th grade, but I don't know in which Junior High yet."
    "Don't you had to do that before summer started?"
    "I don't know. My father just said, that I shouldn't worry about that. I'm looking forward to find some friends in my age as well 😊"
    "That's nice 😊"
    "Yeah… you know, in the organization, there aren't many teens or young adults. The only friend I have there is Eternatus."

I asked if we should meet up here from time to time, once we finished work? Picilla agreed, since it was a great way to enjoy sunset. She then left to have her errands.

"Say, Xero, are you interested in her?"
    "To be honest, yes. She is super funny, very kind and we could talk about anything for hours. There's just one problem…"
    "That you are working colleagues? I don't think that the others care about that."
    "Didn't mean it like that. What if she doesn't feel the same towards me? Or if it doesn't work? It's not so easy to ignore someone on the job."
    "I'm not an expert when it comes down to relationships, but I think you should give it a try. You are matured enough to settle this."
    "I hope you are right. When I was as old as you, I experienced something similar in Junior High. But she didn't spoke to me much in the following years. It's risky to put this friendship with her on the line. But then again… Yes. I think Picilla is matured enough, so that something like this doesn't happen again."
    "Yeah, I have a good feeling."
    "I suggest that we meet up with her several times here and then I ask her for a date."
    "Alrighty, good luck 😊"

Fear is a strong enemy. It is blocking us, forcing us to be cautious, but also hindering us, not to try things. It's also causing us to overthink, leading us to form false assumptions or to form prejudices. Although Mewtwo motivated me and although chances are standing good… I'm still afraid of losing her. The stake is high, but if I don't try it, I'm not progressing either. Why does it have to be so complicated?

Years
  • Chapter 10: The offer

During the next training session, Luck wanted to be my sparring partner and at the end of the training, he wanted to have a fight.
    "Give everything you have! Don't hold back! You cannot hurt me" he explained.
    I gave everything I could, but I had some difficulties to defend myself, which was something, he noticed for sure.
    "Well done Xero! You have a great potential and I was able to feel a strong will inside you."
    "Thank you master."
    "But a strong will alone isn't enough. You are thinking too much."
    "Sorry, I'm a bit distracted today."
    "Don't sweat it. If you want to talk, my door is always open."
    "Thank you!"

After 2 weeks, Iron Valiant told me that I got ordered to meet with Luck in his castle. On my way, I thought a lot about why he wanted to see me during my working hours. I didn't do anything wrong, so it couldn't be something bad.

"Oh, hello. How are you doing? Take a seat" he said.
    "Good morning. You wanted to talk to me?" I said a bit nervous.
    "Yes sure! I have some sort of a promotion for you" he said happily.

"You know what we're doing here in this building?" he continued.
    "No, not really."
    "Ok, then let me ask you a question: Are you happy how everything works for now?"
    "Yes, sure. I have a nice job and I really like it here."
    "Please be honest with me: Is a job that you like the only thing that you need to be happy in life?"
    "No, there are 2 other pieces that are needed: Friends, I have these that's fine, and a relationship."
    "If you don't mind, can I ask you how it's going on that behalf?"
    "I hope that's not a problem, but I really like one of my coworkers."
    "No worries about that. And, don't get me wrong, but don't you think that's a bit selfish?"
    "How do you mean that?"
    "To be happy, you only care about yourself. You want a good future, sure, who doesn't? But what's about the world around you? Don't you care about the other Pokémon?"
    "No, it's not like that. I think I'm just too focused on my own goals."
    "But you know that Darkness is getting more and more active these days?"
    "Yes, but Darkness is in the heart of every Pokémon, since the beginning of time."
    "And it doesn't bother you?"

"There was a time, when it really bothered me. Prejudices, not keeping promises, not being loyal and honest, not getting noticed or even getting rejected… I swore to never become like that."
    "What if I tell you that we can defeat Darkness? Look: Let's say, it continues to work everything well for you. Then you have what you want, but the problem is not solved. What if Darkness takes the lead and takes everything away you worked so hard for?"

"Good point. It happened already that I lost some friends and meeting someone like Picilla is very rare. It only happened 2 times and they were all deceptions…."
    "I'm sorry to hear that, but you know that Darkness is a strong enemy lured and fueled by negative emotions?"

"And what do you want from me now?"
    "That you are joining the Organization VII. But no panic: I'm not requesting you to give up your current job, at least not fully. You would work 50% for the Internet Company and 50% for the organization. On top, you'll get a bonus of 200€ from your current salary."
    "Hmmm… What would I do in the organization?"

"You would help us to fight against Darkness. There are 2 types of them: The first sort is the most purest form of Darkness, hence it's name Pureblood Darkness, looking like Pokémon, although with distinctive black colors and either red or yellow eyes. Secondly, there are Darknesses that hide inside people's heart. They are the mightiest I'd say, but we aren't to decide if someone holds Darkness in their heart or not."
    "You know, I hate Darkness above everything. It hurt me very often. Made me feel negative emotions. I'd like to help!"

"I'm sorry for what you had to go through, but I'm happy that you accept this mission. You'll work for us in the afternoons. See ya tomorrow at 14:00 in my office. If you want, you can take the rest of the day off today."
    "Thank you!"

Chapter 11: Organization VII

On the next day, I told my boss and Picilla about the news.

"If you're happy about it, then I'm too 😊"
    "Yes, it's just a bit sad, that we don't see each other, that often anymore."
    "Yes, but you're here in the mornings."
    "Right and I can also stay for lunch. The castle is not far away."

In the afternoon, I got greeted by an Obstagoon, distanced in characteristics, who was just able to say a short 'Hello'.

"May I introduce you: This is Badger! He's my righthand man and he'll be accompanying you in today's mission. It's the first time you're going to fight against Darkness, but don't worry, be brave. You'll be sent to Kratos Mountain, where some Darknesses are blocking pathways. Defeat them and come here safe and sound. Easy peasy" Luck explained.
    "Ok boss. I'm ready!"
    Badger nodded too and opened a dark portal. "Are you coming?!" he asked annoyed.
    Luck then told me, that I shouldn't worry about him. In the beginning he's skeptical about anyone.

Once we arrived at the Chargestone-Cave, we almost got instantly attacked by Darknesses. "Now, you can show, what you've got" Badger said with an arrogant tonality, not ready to help me against 3 Drifloons.

I was firing a few Electro balls at them, while evading their tornados. After a few hits, they went K.O.
    "And?" I asked very proud.
    "That was an easy one. A baby would've achieved the same results."
    I didn't wanted to comment further on this.
    "What is this place?"
    "You mean the chargestones? They are a special kind of rock, able to create and save electricity."

Shortly after that, we got assaulted by 2 Wobuffets. Badger was able to protect himself, but I wasn't prepared and I had to take a hit. "Gosh, you always need to be prepared and keeping a good defense."

I knew, although it being Darknesses, that Wobuffets have the ability to bounce attacks back, using their psychic-energy. That's why I waited for them to attack first, but it wasn't easy to defend against 2 enemies wanting to punch you with all they've got.
    The second time, I was able to grab their hands to instantly paralyze them. Therefore, it was easy for me to turn tables, since they often failed to use their Mirror Coat attacks.

"Not bad" my team-mate stated. We then had to follow a passage on the outside with no enemies along our way. I found this calm a bit embarrassing. Apart from that, I was also quite curious about Badger's story.
    "For how long are you in the Organization VII?"
    "I was present when it got founded" he replied briefly.
    "And can you tell me, why you are part of the organization?"
    "Ok, but then, I don't want to hear anymore stupid questions."

He made a little pause…

"I got born into a clan, who saw Darkness as the absolute source of power. People from that clan were mainly Pokémon who got rejected by society. But, I believed, like some other members too, that their way was wrong. However, they firmly hold to believe that the Pokémon who brought up the first World War in the years of 600, would eventually return.

That Pokémon, with the name of Alpha-Omega, saw, that this world was plagued by Darkness and he wanted to save it. But in the end, he got sealed away. You already had this in school, do you?"
    "Part of it. It's not that much known about the World War."
    "In any case, I was the one who one day stumbled across this exact Pokémon."
    "So, Luck want to start another World War?!"
    "No, calm down, kid! He changed his attitude. Now shut up."
    "I just wanted to tell you, that you shouldn't be so grumpy all the time. We're on the same side, after all."
    "Well, you have yet to prove your loyality."
    "How?"
    "You shall see…"

Once we entered the cave again, we heard desperate cries, asking for help. I was immediately on my way, while Badger took it slowly.
    Pushed into a corner was a Magmar-mother trying to protect his little Magby from a Darkness-Rhydon. I instinctively wanted to help them, although, I had to admit that this fierce enemy scared me a bit.

The Rhydon tried to defeat me with strong punches, but I'm fitter than most Pamomamos, so I jumped up and kicked him in his face, leading him to fall on his butt. But the fight wasn't over yet. He threw boulders at me and I used them as trampolines to get closer to him. 'Kaboom!' – Yet another kick. But this time, Rhydon was able to grab me.

Unable to move, Badger yelled at me to get angry. Just before Ryhdon was able to throw me at the ground with full force, I set some dark energy free, that defeated Rhydon.

Magmar and Magby remained shocked for a while and started crying. Although, I'm not very used to embrace people, I felt it was appropriate to calm them down.

"Thank you so much! You risked so much for us. We cannot thank you enough."
    "Everyone would've acted like this. I'm happy that you are doing good now."
    "I'm rather worried if you are doing fine too?"
    "No worries, just a few scratches. It's not usual to see someone around here. May I ask you what you are doing here?"
    "We need some chargestones to cure my husband. He's got some serious problems with his lungs and since we're living not far away and as the hospital are quite overcrowded these days, we wanted to gather some of these stones by our own. The electroshocks will certainly help him.
    "Oh, I'm sorry for him. I hope he's doing well soon. We'll bring you home safe and sound."
    Badger then told me that this isn't part of the mission. But I argued, that they need protection, in case another bully like this shows up. He wasn't excited about it, but he agreed.

On our way to the town, we didn't encountered any more Darknesses. The mother gave us pocket money and I could take some Lava Cookies. My faves 😊

When we returned from our mission, Luck asked us, what took us so long? Badger explained that I wanted to help some Pokémon.
    "I see. Good job guys. See ya tomorrow."

After I left, Luck was eager to know how I performed.

"His light still shines brightly, so he had no issues defeating Darknesses. But he slowly begins to doubt and to question things, which will weaken his light. I noticed it, when I was explaining to him why I joined the organization. Had to lie though, regarding the World War. In any case, he had to use Darkness in order to save himself."
    "Then everything works as intended. Well done!"

"How was it?" Picilla asked excited, while giving me ice-cream.
    "More exhausting as sitting in the office, but interesting nonetheless. We, or no, I defeated many Darknesses and I helped a mother with his child to return back to town."
    "Wow, cool! What do you mean with 'we'?"
    "Badger, Lucks righthand man, accompanied me. But he is a kind of his own."
    Mewtwo had to smile: "You always find friendly words. Just say straight up, that he's an idiot."
    "He's mistrustful at first, but I was excited to learn why he joined the organization."
    "And?" Picilla asked, eagerly awaiting my answer.
    "Basically, the same reason as mine: To free the world from Darkness."
    "And you think that's possible?"
    "It's worth giving it a shot, don't you think?"
    "As long as no one gets hurt."
    "I trust in my father. Can't wait until we defeat the Darkness. I desperately want to explore planet Xenos" Mewtwo explained happily.
    "So, you never left Lucks world?" Picilla asked astonished.
    "Just one time for a short mission with Badger."
    "I'm certain, that you'll like it. And our world isn't that bad. It's not like there's Darkness lurking around every corner. Have to go now. Bye 😊"

After she left, Mewtwo told me, that he got the feeling that she wouldn't share our opinion as much.
    "I don't know what to believe myself either, to be honest."
    "Yeah, because of her."
    "No, look. There are many evil Pokémon, that's for sure and I've got hurt a lot, got treated bad, etc… Maybe it was my fault sometimes, because I'm too calm. I don't know, it's complicated. But not everyone's bad. And as of now, I'm not 100% sure if Lucks way is the right one. It has to prove, I think."
    "Ok, I see…"

The next days were in its essence the same. The following week though, Luck asked me if I wanted to move here.
    "We've got a free room, Nr. 1307. Are you interested to move here? Don't have to give me an answer right away, but I think this might be interesting for you. You would be a bit more independent and the best part is that you don't even have to pay rent. How does that sound?"
    "Sounds interesting. It's a big decision though and I first want to talk with my parents about it."
    "Sure, no pressure. Take your time. Until tomorrow then."

On the next day, I told Luck, that I would like to move in during the week and that I would return home during the weekend.
    "Sure, big step, but hey! I'm happy that you want to live here. Just give me second, then I show you around."

The term room wasn't appropriate. It was rather a small flat composed of a living room, a kitchen, a bedroom and a bathroom. I was very happy with it, since it has enough place for everything.

Luck was also showing me the cafeteria, the community room and the garden, which were all easy to find.

But today, I didn't had much time to explore my new home, since I've got an appointment at the dentist. I decided to drive there instead of teleporting. After I was done, I was quietly walking to my car, but it shouldn't stay that peacefully…

On my way, I saw that 2 Wartortles were bullying a Pichu. They took some of his stuff out of his back, threw him on the ground and insulted him.

"Hey!" I shouted at them.
    "What do you want?!" one of them asked me aggressively.
    "Leave him alone and give his stuff back!"
    "Or else what?"
    "I wouldn't take the chance on it."
    "Mind your own business boy. If he doesn't want us to take his stuff, then he should better defend it."
    "What a stupidity! If you don't leave immediately, I call the cops."
    "Oh, is that everything you can do?"

And then they attacked me. I was able to grab one of their hands respectively and punch the opposite in their face. I also had to take a punch from their other hand, but I could at least weaken them a bit.

I then used Electric Balls to keep them off distance, but they rolled themselves into their shell to better dodge my attacks. They were planning to attack me from the side, but I was able to jump high, but they threw me down with a Water Gun attack.

This hurt me a lot. This pain made me really angry. As the 2 were approaching, dark energy came out of my body, just as it happened when I was fighting Rhydon. Darkness came out of my body and it threw the Wartortles a meter away. They got scared and left in a second. I was able to calm down.

The Pichu started to cry.
    "Hey, it's all fine. They're gone now and I won't do anything to you."
    He then gave me a hug.
    "I'm so sorry that you hurt yourself because of me."
    "It's okay, at least I could help you. Say, do you often get bullied by these Wartortles?"
    He nodded.
    "I can imagine a bit how you feel. I didn't experienced any physical damage, but…
    I rather prefer not to talk about that."
    "Really? I'm sorry for you."
    "It's ok. Besides, I can't remember much of it either. It's just sad, that those who think are stronger, always feel the need to prove it. Same goes when someone's introverted. Forcing someone to talk and forcing someone to become extroverted is not a good idea… In any case, you should tell your parents about it, don't worry about what the other kids are thinking. I'm certain that things change the better for you and you might come to a class where you don't get bullied.
    "Did you talked to your parents? Or did you tried to solve the issue on your own?"
    "No… Like, I said. It wasn't that bad for me."
    "Maybe you didn't wanted that someone was thinking you were weak or you didn't wanted to provoke a strive."
    "Might be. But your case is very different. I'm bringing you home, in case those idiots show up again."

This rage… I know that it's inside me for as long as I can think. I also felt it in my father and grandfather. It is able to cause tremendous damage. That's why I always try to be nice, solve things in a calm and friendly manner. And even in situations, where most people would flip out, I'm still trying to stay cool. I was thinking a lot about this rage. But I'm always overthinking.

On the next evening Picilla didn't got time and Mewtwo had an appointment. But instead of staying in my room, I went to the garden and played a videogame on my PokéGear.

As I was very concentrated to defeat a boss, a Cacturne nudged me, which scared me to death.

"Did I scared you?"
    "Yes, you did."
    "Then turn off your device and talk with us" he said while pointing at Armaldo & Banette, who were sitting at the rounded table, next to me.
    I agreed.
    The Cacturne then asked me and the others if they wanted a beer and we agreed. Armaldo told me that I shouldn't worry, since it lies in Cacturnes nature to spook people.

"Cheers! Say, are you also a member of the organization?"
    "Yup and yesterday I moved here."
    "Really? If that isn't a reason to cheers again."
    "What do you work as in the organization?" I asked them all.
    "I work as a gardener, Armaldo is programming the security cameras and Banette here is a though mafia brite. Better not mess with her."
    "What does that mean?" I asked confused.
    Then the selfnamed queen of frightening had to laugh.
    "It's relatively easy. I'm the leader of a mafia organization."
    "I'm sorry, but what does a member of a mafia doing in the organization?"
    "I help this Luck guy to scare some folks here and there. He's giving me some manpower in return. And I get paid pretty well. Doing this another 2 or 3 years and I'm all good."
    "Yes, he'll pay us very generously."
    "Because that devilish bastard robbed dozens of banks within a few months time. Sure, it's an easy play if you can change your appearance on the fly and if you are able to use portals. Some people estimate that he has a few trillions on his bank account."

I couldn't believe what I just heard. I knew right of that bad that Luck isn't angel, but this still left me baffled.

"But what do you mean, when you're saying that you're helping him to spread fear?"
    Before Banette was able to say something, I felt an hand on my shoulder. It was Badger who order me to follow him. A few miles away, I asked him what I did wrong?
    "Those folks are no good company for you."
    "How do you know? I'm not as mistrustful as you are. Explain me, what Banette meant, when she was saying that she helps Luck?!"
    He had to sigh: "I knew that it wasn't a good idea to bring you here. But it's up to him now to put this right."

We went to Lucks office and Badger told me to enter, while the latter one was waiting outside.

Years
  • Chapter 12: The truth

When I walked in his office, it was as if I would be entering a mafia scenery. Luck was sitting there, comfortable in his chair, reading a book, smoking a cigarette and drinking a whiskey – An expensive one.

"Hey, Xero want a drink?" he asked me, while he was waiting to serve me.
    I refused. "But, you're drinking sometimes, do you?" he asked a bit astonished.
    "From time to time, but that's not the point now!!!"
    "Hey, no reason to be upset."
    "As if! You're cooperating with the mafia. And what task are you assigning to them? From my understandings, you are the one giving them Darknesses, so you are the reason of Darkness's presence in our world!"
    He had to smile. "Yes, you are right. But listen up. Do you know the term: 'Fighting fire with fire'?"
    "Yes."

"And that's our creed: The World Government doesn't care about people like us or people that aren't as socially established or people that doesn't fit in their systems. Taking you as an example: By now, you must've realized that you don't fit in their school system. You feel it's unfair, right?"

"Yes, but do you think you can solve all these problems? And why not cooperating with the World Government?"

"Because they don't share our opinions. They don't accept that they're making mistakes. But we can establish a fair world with no Darkness in which everyone gets accepted and in which everyone gets the chance they deserve. Don't forget: Darkness gets born by negative emotions. Look, I'm also not a big fan, that we need to solve this problem with raw force, but we don't have any other choice."
    "That's totally crazy to say at least!"

"Typical reaction. Just if something sounds impossible, it doesn't mean that it is. You probably know that I'm one of the strongest Pokémon in existence, do you? But just facing them alone would be equal to a Kamikaze-attack. I need people to follow my cause, people that act for the same ideals. We have to take actions with patience and care. What we do in summary, is to get their weapons, so that we can use them against them."
    "But still…"
    "Look, it's normal to have doubts. To think that'm crazy…. I should tell you a bit about my past…"

As he told me his story, I could understand him better. I could somewhat identify myself with it.

"But what I don't understand is, why you are taking me on missions to defeat Darkness, when you need them?"
    "The Darknesses you defeat are the one that aren't from us and defeating them is a good thing, isn't it?"
    "Yes, but…"
    "Look Xero, you have a great potential. You have the power and the will to change something and I'm going to help you. In revenge, I want you to stand loyal to the organization and help us. Is that ok?"
    "Under the condition that I can change the school-system and I want to lead the departments 'Work' & 'Education' on a worldwide level."
    "You have some ideas for optimizations?"
    "Definitely!"
    "Then, I'm all fine with it. But it will be difficult to combine this with your current work, don't you think?"
    "Yeah, I know. Sometimes, I'd love to have multiple versions of myself. I want to do so many things, that one life isn't enough. But, if I'm done solving this political issue,
    I'd like to return to my work as a web-designer and as a hobby, I'd like to develop a videogame."

"It's nice to see you this happy. It's a bit rare. Sometimes, I get the impression, that something's preventing you to be more enthusiastic."
    "I don't know… If everything goes according to your plan, then I get what I want, but I'm not excited about the fact, that it has to come to a war."
    "You can't trick me Xero. It's something else. It's this Pachirisu girl, isn't it? But it's your life and you should decide for your own. You don't have to tell her. As far as I know, you aren't even a couple, right? And when we reached our goal, she will see that we are changing things for the better."
    "Ok."
    "Don't get this wrong, after everything we talked about, because I don't want to punish you, but could you help tomorrow doing some gardening? A major part of the team is on a conference that day. After tomorrow, everything returns to normal."
    I also agreed on that.

When I left the office, Badger entered.
    "How was it?"
    "I had to tell him everything."
    "I told you that it would be dangerous for him to be here."
    "No panic, everything goes according to our plan…"

During the night, I thought a lot about that conversation. He was right in one thing:
    I shouldn't tell Picilla about my findings. If Luck wins and hold his words, then everything will be fine and if not, I'll do anything to revert things back to normal. I just hope that I won't come that far. You don't want to have someone like Luck as your opponent.

Even during the gardening, I was still lost in my thoughts. Shortly after work was done, I got ordered to have a meeting with Luck.

"Hey, everything's alright?"
    "Yes, I'm fine."
    "Good, cause tomorrow, I have a special mission for you and Mewtwo. That mission consists of getting me some time-crystals from the Minestral mine, located in Norws."
    "Time-crystals?! Why do you need them?"
    "For a backup plan. Just in case something goes terribly wrong."
    "I see… Do you think that it will come this far? And what do I need to know about time-travelling?"
    "Will tell you that, when the time comes. But I don't believe that someone of us needs to use it. Maybe Badger… Now to the details: In a first phase, I want you to inspect the mine, maybe taking already a few crystals. Chances are good, that some cave-inhabitants or passengers will cross your way, given the fact that those crystals are very rare and therefore hot in demand. But you two are strong enough.
    In any case, I want you to kill those people if they spot you."
    "What?! I shall murder people?! NO WAY!!!"
    "We had this yesterday, didn't we? Don't forget that we are doing this for a good cause."

Then I asked Luck, if he ever killed someone.
    "Yes, I did, but I do this only on very rare occasions."
    Following the question how he felt about it.
    "I don't think too much about it. After all, death is just a temporary separation from people we love, if there are any in the first pace. Another reason, why people are so hesitant about murdering, is because they fear having to go to jail. Well, I don't have to because I can change my appearance as much as I want. I can create multiple identities if needed and I have separate worlds to go back to. I stand over the law. Don't you want that too?" he asked me.

"It… would be good, but can't we just knock them out? Then they know that they shouldn't mess with us again" I explained.

"Depends: If they know that you are behind the crystals, a group not associated with the World Government, then things will sooner or later point towards me. I could give you fake papers, but it would just be a question of time, until your disguise is uncovered. We are now at a point, where the World Government is heavily weakened. And we have to act, according to these circumstances. Ok?"
    I nodded, although, I didn't agreed with him.

After that meeting, I met again with Mewtwo and Picilla. I felt the need to talk about them what recently happened, but that would tear apart our group. Plus, I would have the opportunity to talk with Mewtwo tomorrow morning. Mewtwo wasn't present today though.

"Hello Xero, you are a bit late."
    "Had a meeting with the boss, nothing special though. Mewtwo is late too."
    "I went here shortly, telling me that he had to prepare for a mission."
    "Did he told you what mission?"
    "No, we'll find out tomorrow. Took a day off today?"
    "Luck asked me if I could help doing gardening, because most of that staff went to a conference today."
    "And how was it?"
    "A bit exhausting, but in general very nice."
    Then she asked me how it is to live in Lucks hotel and if I found out something already?

I hate to lie, because I also don't want to be lied, but I couldn't tell her. I changed topics and we talked a bit before she left.

Chapter 13: Against the system

At 9 a.m, he told us about our task again, before sending us away in a portal.

"Pretty dark here" Mewtwo mentioned, while turning on a pocket lamp.
    "Hey, I could also use Flash" I explained, making the room, much more illuminated.
    "Yeah, I forgot. It's more energy-efficient as well. Is something wrong? You are very quiet today."
    "Okay, then let's skip right to that topic. Do you know that your father is using Darknesses to overthrow the World Government?"
    "Yes… I'm not happy about it either. But I can't do anything against it. Besides, he is my father."
    "Did he also told you that, we need to kill people, in case they see us doing our work?"
    "What?! No way! Why that?!"
    "Because they would immediately conclude, that the organization is behind this operation. I recommend hiding inside Dark Portals instead."
    "Did he allowed that?"
    "No, but I cannot kill innocent people. And even people that did hurt me a lot, I could only punish, but never kill."
    "I agree. We should be very cautious now."

We both agreed, that I shouldn't use the Flash-Attack anymore, because the room would get too illuminated, resulting in people noticing us faster. It happened sometimes, that people were in the same area as we were, but we reacted fast enough.
    Mewtwo kept a keen eye and summoned portals, while I was looking for the crystals.

After 6 hours of work, we only found 10 stones, not a high number. But given the fact, that they are very rare, Luck was pretty satisfied with our loot. He wanted to know if we encountered someone during our harvesting? I explained to him, that we acted with a lot of care and that we used Dark Portals to hide.

"Here we got our rebel Xero. But, I can't blame you. I'm just the same as you. If there is a rule that you don't like, you find a way to bypass it. I can already start working with these crystals. Tomorrow in the afternoon, I need you for another shift, ok?"

Lucks reaction kinda baffled me, but I can't complain about it either. Maybe it was a test?

Years
  • Chapter 14: The question

And so it happened, that another routine established itself. In the mornings, working as a web-designer and in the afternoon collecting crystals for the organization. From some conversations, I heard that the war would happen in around a month.

It would make sense to ask Picilla for a date afterwards, but I'm convinced that I waited long enough already. I told Mewtwo not to appear this evening, because it would be inappropriate to ask her that in front of him.

I was very nervous, although there was no reason to refuse. At the beginning, we lost ourselves a bit in smalltalk, but I had to be brave.

"Picilla, do you want to go on an ice-cream with me this weekend?"
    "I already have plans, but we're eating one right now and the other days too."
    "I didn't meant it like that. I could've asked going for a coffee, but since it is summer, the first option would be more suitable.
    "Oh… well, that's really nice from you, but I have a boyfriend."

This sentence hit me like a hammer. I was so certain that she wasn't in a relationship. What made me so certain? Relationships were a topic a few times during lunch time with the other colleagues, but she never ever mentioned a boyfriend.

"Oh, ok. I didn't know that."
    "I'm sorry Xero."
    "It would've been nice, if it would've worked between us. You are a super funny person, very talkative and so on. Having a relationship with someone like you, is what I wish the most for."
    "You'll find someone, I'm certain!"
    "Easier said than done…"
    "You have to find someone with the same interests. Take Blastoise & Espeon as an example: They found each other on an anime-convention."
    "But, I'm not a big nerd… Hmmm… or … Do you have a single friend?"
    "Sorry, I don't have many friends and those I have are already taken."
    "Ok…"
    "Like, I said, one day, you'll find the right one. Don't give up."
    "Yes, but when will this day come? I'm searching for years, but it'll never work."
    "I can understand, but sometimes, you need to have some patience, no matter how long it takes. I have to go now. Until tomorrow!"

On that same night, I found myself in the Realm of Darkness. A place with many stones and rock-formations along the ways, reflecting the moonlight in a darkblue color, making up a dark and cold atmosphere. I'm only coming here, when my heart got broken or when I'm really sad and hopeless.

And so, my journey through this dark world started yet anew. I was thinking a lot during the walk. One could say, that this might be some kind of mental therapy, but it's far from easy to get out of here again.

I hate this feeling of being hopeless… Ok, for the moment it's not like I have nothing, that was different at times. But all of this doesn't have the same value as with a girlfriend. I don't want to be too sentimental. Like this Pichu concluded: I don't want someone to think I'm weak.

What often happens, when I'm down here, is that I imagine a happy relationship. I know this is pathetic, but the only positive thing down here, in this cold and lonely world.
    These thoughts also serve as a protection. Otherwise, my negative emotions would hurt me a lot.

After a while, I reached a shore and I decided to take a rest. Even, if no-one was here, I could still sense some kind of presence. This was new. I wonder if this person is also captured here? And I also wonder if that person is waiting for a rescue on this beach? Not the stupidest idea, but nobody will ever come to save me. I always have to fight my way out of here alone.

Chapter 15: The decision

On the next morning, my boss was angry at me, because I overslept. Picilla wasn't mad about it, but our communication was limited to the absolute minimum. It didn't came from my side though. I didn't know why she acted like that and I also didn't know why I didn't asked her. I was just trying to forget about yesterday's events and to concentrate on my work.

On the evening Picilla didn't came to our meeting spot. Mewtwo was present though and it felt good to have someone to whom I could talk about the things that are occupying me.

On the next day, I got ordered to Lucks office.
    "Ah, Xero. How are you doing?"
    "I'm ok."
    "Doesn't sound like it though. Anyways, I've got some good news for you: You are now a member of the 7 Crowns!"

This Luck is always good for surprises.

"What?! Really?"
    "Sure. You did some great work in the last and you also proved your loyalty towards the organization. Congratulations!"
    "Wow, thank you so much! I never imagined this."

The 7 crowns are ruling the Organization VII by leading operations with the goal to make the World Government fall. Their leader is of course Luck. Mewtwo is a member too and has the number 3. Since, I am the last one who joined, the Nr. 7 got assigned to me.

In the late afternoon, Luck hold a meeting with all of their members.
    "Good evening everyone. I assembled you today to present to you, our last member, Xero." He asked me to stand up.
    "Xero, is a very talented young man, working as a Web-Designer for the Internet Company. He is a bit calm, but he is a good fighter, very loyal, it's important for him to create a fair world and he has a good heart." I think that Luck wanted me to say a few words too.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you all. Some of you I know already. It's an honor for me that I can now act in the top management of the organization and I hope for a good collaboration." Luck commented my speech with "A bit standard, but ok."

He continued: "Even if it is a bit late, I am nonetheless convinced, that Xero will do a great job. He already collected some time-crystals with Mewtwo. Eternatus can you give us a little update on that matter?".

"Sure. I first want to welcome Xero. Mewtwo told me already a lot about you and it's a pleasure to meet you. Thanks to his and Mewtwo's efforts, I was able to make some progress regarding the functionality of the time-machine, although it will take some time to implement all of the features."

"How do you mean that?" Luck asked carefully.

"For now, you can only move to the future, this of course according to the laws of time, only to a point where you don't exist anymore. A little example: Say, I would use the machine, a copy is made who travels to a yet undefined point in time as my normal self stays in the present. Assuming I get killed just a minute later, my copy could return in the minute after, since this is already the future. But it could also take several months, years, yes even decades or centuries until my copy returns and even then, the place, the destination of arriving, is random too. Another limitation that we currently have, is that the machine can only be used one time, by one single person."

"I see… So, you have a good chunk of work ahead. To be honest, I'm not very happy with this state of progress. The big finale is very near… But at least we have something. Do you think you can implement a few more features in the following 2 weeks?"

"I am very sorry to disappoint you boss, but I don't think that it's doable. Even with more crystal, it will take a very long time to finish work. What I can do though is working on the finetuning. So, the person traveling to the future could return in a few years."

"What a pity… But, ok, at least something. I will think about a plan, who would be best suited to use the time machine. Eternatus, I want you to continue working on that project. Mewtwo and Xero will bring you some more crystals. Speaking of Xero: I need you for the next week at a 100% employment rate here, so you will be suspended on your work at the Internet Company for that time.

In the mornings, you and Mewtwo will be harvesting more crystals and in the afternoon, you'll be taking part in a 2 hour long training session to perfectionate your fighting skills. I'm also pinpointing the roles and positions for each of our members on the battlefield. Any questions so far?"

Working full-time for the organization also means that I won't be seeing Picilla for some time, since she wasn't present yesterday to eat ice-cream. Maybe it's better that way. But as a good friend, it would nonetheless be appropriate to ask her if she would come. She agreed.
    When she arrived, Mewtwo wasn't there yet and she immediately said that she would leave if he isn't to appear soon. I assured that he would be arriving soon, besides the fact that we are just friends.

"I had a meeting with Luck today and I'll be working for the organization for the following weeks in full-time."
    "That's good."
    "Mewtwo and I will be collecting time-crystals during that period."
    "Yes?"
    "Luck want to build a time-machine, although it won't be fully finished on Day X."

And then I noticed that I blabbed."

"What is this Day X?" she asked curious.
    "Nothing important."
    "Come on. You know something, so please tell me."

Now, I had to tell her the full truth. But then I'll also know if she still likes me.

"In a few weeks, Luck will overthrow the World Government."
    "No way!!! We need to stop him!!!"
    "And how? That's impossible?"
    "I knew that something was odd about this place, that this world was just a façade. But as you are in the organization, can't you try to find out something to stop him from doing that?"
    "The organization is gathering certain artefacts to use them as weapons. But I can imagine that he has those secured in a different dimension, just as with the money he stole. Besides, I'm on his side now."

"I can't believe it! He will hurt so many Pokémon!!!"
    "I know. This fight against the Legendary Pokémon is also bothering me. But, he will create a better world. I'll also get involved in that process."
    "That's crazy! He brainwashed you for sure!"
    "No. Everything he says is true. This world is not fair and filled with Darkness. Luck gives us hope and he is able to create things for the better. Most importantly, he will be creating a world that has no Darkness."

"And what makes you so certain?"
    "He believed in me, while nobody did. He got also threated badly. Most people in the organization did. I know overthrowing the World Government is a radical step, but it's the only way."
    "Sorry Xero, but if you think like that, then we aren't friends anymore."
    "But Picilla, you'll see that he is right. And if not, then I'm going to revert all of this back to normal! I'm fine with the fact that we can't become a couple, but I don't want to lose you as a friend."

"There's also something I want to talk about with you… I really like you and Mewtwo, but don't forget that we are just working colleagues. I also want to spend more time with my boyfriend, so I won't come that often anymore."
    "Oh, ok. That's unfortunate."
    "Goodbye Xero."

I got a feeling, that this was a goodbye forever. That I would' have lost her forever now. That I would never see her again.

This occupied me for some while. I hurt so much. It was difficult for me to conclude.
    In the Realm of Darkness, I had to fight against many Darknesses, personifications of my negative emotions. But it helped me a bit too.

Darkness is the strongest enemy in existence and it only creates misery, but I'm fighting against it. In such moments, I wonder how long this fight will last? How many times will I get hurt? How many times my heart will be broken? How many times will I get replaced? But something tells me that I shouldn't give up.

Darkness has to die! For me and for anyone else who feels the same.

In the eve, Luck told us about the plan for tomorrow. I was kinda shocked seeing other Legendary Pokémon among our ranks. They once stood true to the World Government, but for reasons they switched sides.

I would never survive against such beasts and Mewtwo told me that his father took this into consideration, while establishing the plan. While it was better for my safety, it also meant that I had to do a very lame job: Playing guard at the west side of the battlefield. My task is to tell visitors to go away.

Luck gave me a high-tech armor with integrated features like a power-level detector, a map and a built-in walkie-talkie. He wouldn't rule it out that civilians would try to break through the barrier to mess up.

My shift was relatively quiet, but then you three came along…

Years
  • Chapter 16: The last battle

Flaafy took the word: "Xero, I'm really sorry for the things you had to go through, but I don't think that Luck told you the truth. It's his strategy to manipulate people like you.
    I can understand that you are on his side, but raw force is never a solution."
    "You have no idea!" I replied.
    "We had to fight against many Darknesses along our way. And we heard about Lucks stories. Please you have to believe us" Absol begged.

Right after that, we heard a tremendous bang and we all knew that the fight has begun. Lightning strikes, thunder storms and earthquakes were now on the agenda.
    Mudkip came to me and hold my hand.

"Xero, your story deeply touched me. Thank you for confiding your story to us. I'm not blaming you. Maybe I wouldn't have acted differently. And yes, Luck gave you a lot: He helped you, enabled you a happy life and he believed in you. I can understand why you think that he is right. The thing is that Luck lumps together everyone. You said yourself that not everyone is bad and that's true.
    I am sorry, that you've got hurt so much. You deserve a happy life and people around you that love and respect you. I want to help you fighting your Darkness.
    And no, I don't want you to get talking all the time. You told us how to defeat it and we are going to help you!

When this is all over, we'd like to settle down in PokéLand. It's the smallest country on this planet, just about the size of a city, but the atmosphere is wonderful, it's very familiar there, people are super nice, tolerant and willing to help. The only reason, why we didn't stayed there immediately is because we wanted to continue traveling.
    I don't want to sell you on that, but I think you would fit in there pretty nicely. Defeating Darkness isn't an easy task sure, but Lucks way is false. We, ourselves, are responsible for not giving Darkness a room to breathe. It's not easy and some people are not aware of that, but we can do something against it and this without raw force!" Mudkip explained emotionally.

Just before I could say anything Badger yelled at me that I was dawdling long enough and that I should kill the 3 teenagers.
    "Are you mad?! They didn't do anything!"
    "I am Nr. 2 and you have to follow my orders!"
    "Ok!"

"Run away!" I said to them.
    "What?! I don't understand" Mudkip said confused.
    "Mudkip… I don't know how you made it, but you somehow touched my heart. I saw pictures I can't contextualize, depicting happy moments. I saw us in a building talking to a Chatot and a Wigglypuff, and being on journey with you and so much more…
    It's strange… We don't know us for long, yet you have something familiar on you.
    I don't know what to think… I want to come with you, but I can't leave. You, on the other side, have this possibility, so you should take it. Badger order me to kill you, but I won't do that."

Mudkip had tears in his eyes.
    "But Chris…"
    "It's the only way. We see us in PokéLand. Promised!"
    "But…"
    "I know you want to stop Luck, but it's too dangerous. If you stay here, Badger will come after you. I try to dissolve his plan from inside, but please listen to me and go now. We see us in PokéLand. I never break a promise!"
    "Good luck" Mudkip said as the gang went away.

10 minutes later Badger with his grim look appeared to check on the situation.
    "Did my work, just as you ordered."
    "And where are the brats?"
    "I already buried them."
    "How does it feel?"
    "How does what feel?"
    "Having murdered them."
    "It wasn't easy, but Luck is the one who is right. He is able to create a better world. Why are you here in the first place?"
    "Because you fooled me!"
    "Oh, and what makes you so sure about that?"
    "After I send you the message, you turned your device off, but I reactivated it and I heard what you said to the kids."
    "NO WAY !!!"
    "I only got that you told them that they should head to PokéLand. What have you told them before? You've spent a lot of time with them."
    "I explained, why I'm on your side."
    "Did you also told them who Luck really is?!"
    "Just that his real name is Alpha-Omega. Didn't wanted to go too much into detail with the other stuff, since the story was already quite long."
    "I see… But you will never reach PokéLand!"
    "Don't want to go there either. Just wanted to protect those teens. I'm still on your side."
    "Who lied one time, will ever do."
    "Believe what you want, but I'll stay here!"
    "Prove me that I'm wrong and bring me the kids. Dead or alive."
    "They haven't done anything wrong! And the knowledge I gave them is not enough to overthrow his plans."

"I knew from the very beginning that you are a wimp, that you don't got what it takes to be a member of the organization. You are a spineless idiot, who is easy to manipulate. You think you're loyal? As if! But Luck believed in you, he refused to give up on you. He saw a lot of potential and Darkness in you. You are a disappointment. I told him from the very beginning, but he is too careless."

"I don't care what you think, you old grumpy crank!" But it wasn't true, his words got me and I felt my anger rising.

"You know what?! Luck doesn't have the balls, but I do. It's time for you to go!!!"
    "Are you f*cking kidding me?!!!!"
    "Do you think that I'm ever joking?!"

Badger attacked furiously with an enormous speed to scratch me, but I used the trees, although it was risky, because of the harsh weather conditions. I was able to build up some distance to throw some Electro Balls at him. But my opponent mowed the trees down, one after the other. So, I had to go into the offensive.

After returning on the ground, an earthquake created a platform on which Badger and me rafted down the lava river.

Badger's fighting style is extremely savage and even in the close combat, he was able to quickly summon Shadow Balls to deal a lot of damage to me. From one second to the other, I felt my anger rising again.

I never liked Badger. He is a heartless monster. Sure, he has some reasons to be grumpy, I know that too well. But being in such a state the whole time is stupid. You also have to see the good things in life.

In the last hour, a lot has happened and I wanted to think about it. But there is no time. I have to fully concentrate on this battle. One false step means the end.

"Let's call it a day and solve this issue with Luck!" I said, while a lava fountain jumped out behind of me.

"As if! This will be a fight to the death!"
    "You've gone completely mad!!!"
    "I'm not afraid of dying. You are nothing! Everyone handles you with kids gloves, but that's finished now! You are nothing but a traitor. I'm ready to sacrifice my life for Luck!"

He wasn't afraid of dying, but I was… I was extremely frightened. My life was hanging by a thread. One false movement and the lava will do the rest. But I can't let this fear block me. I had to believe that I'm making it out of here alive. Somehow.
    I want to go PokéLand!

What followed were multiples punches, while we were fighting with full force. I too was able to quickly produce Electro Balls putting them in his stupid face. What I gave, is what I got back. I got weaker and weaker.

"Is that everything you've got?" he asked cocky.
    "No, I can do way more!"
    "Me too. But I don't want to waste my special ability on a wimp like you. Ready for Round 2?"

I now worked on my defense, but I struggled. I'm not proud of it, maybe it's what Badger wanted too, but I had to use the power of Darkness… This anger, I had to let it out!

An enormous amount of energy flowed out of my body, causing a hefty earthquake on floe. "Are you crazy?! Do you want to kill us both?!" he asked astonished.

I got a new power boost leading me to quickly attack. So fast that Badger was struggling a bit. But he put himself up and pushed me back. He has an extremely strong defense and his plan was to protect himself as long as my power boost would find it's end.

I fell on my knees… But then a thought came into my mind.

I could use the time machine. Not the best solution, but what do I have to lose by now? I summoned a portal and put myself up with the last bit of force that I had.

"You are getting nowhere!" he said, while following me into the portal.
    I wasn't able to go far and he ended up strucking me down.

"I take a few things back. You are a good fighter, but you aren't strong enough. Neither are you loyal. You wanted to use the time machine, didn't you?"
    "No! I'm … afraid of dying!" I said with tears in my eyes.
    "I have to do, what needs to be done kid. Good bye!"

As I opened my eyes, I found myself in a giant white room and I realized, that I was dead. I couldn't believe it. Just a few seconds after a deer with a shiny antler approached me.

It was Xerneas, Goddess of the Afterlife. She was sending out a tremendously strong aura, that would give everyone the shivers.
    "Good day, my young friend. You look frightened" she noticed in a calm tone.
    "What happened? And what happens now?" I asked scared, while my body was shaking. "You got killed unfortunately" she explained still in a very calm tonality.

"What?! But I need to explain you something…" Xerneas stopped me, altering me to talk like a waterfall.

"We know what's going on. And we know our enemy. But we mustn't interfere.
    Yveltal is not here though, so maybe I can help? You got on our radar, as you were one of the 7 crowns. You are very special Xero, even if you don't think that about yourself. And deep inside, you aren't bad. You just came off the right path. Can happen to everyone. I want that you to learn from your mistakes."

"And that's why I come to hell, now?" I said disappointed and scared at the same time.
    Xerneas shaked her head. "I didn't meant it like that. I am convinced that you can reach many things, more than you think. I am more than certain that you can defeat your inner Darkness. But not in this life…

I want to give you another chance. You will be reborn as a different being and even then, Darkness will challenge you way more often than you like. But I can assure you that it will be worth it."

"I see… And what if I would refuse? Asking for a friend."
    "In that case, you would stay in the Afterword. A certain amount of time in hell, then in heaven. But it would take you many decades to reunite with your friends and family.
    I'm not expecting you to take a decision right away" Xerneas explained quietly.

"I guess I won't have to think for very long. I want to begin a new life! Sure, I will certainly miss my friends & family, but I'm convinced to find a way to reunite with them. And I'll also find a way to PokéLand! You know, just sitting here all night long isn't in my nature. Would get boring too. And I have so many goals that I want to achieve!
    If I'd stop now, all these efforts would be for nothing" I argued.

"I'm very happy 😊 Can you tell me what your goals are?" Xerneas asked eager for my answer.

"I just want to live a happy life… I want to spend happy times with a girlfriend, that I will hopefully marry one day, with which I can found a family. I also want to have some friends to spend time with and to have a job that I really like. There are also many places, I'd like to visit and things I'd like to experience. And one day, I also want to develop a videogame."

"That came deep from your heart. Xero, you can reach all of this. You have such a strong will and I'm convinced that you'll triumph over the Darkness one day and shine within the brightest light. You think you got your name because you're a nobody?
    In my opinion it means 'Hero of Darkness'. And you have a special ability: Connecting with people's hearts. You don't need an organization, but your strong will and people standing by your side. I'm not lying, it's still a long way to go with many obstacles along the road, but you need to believe in yourself and keep going, no matter how long it takes! I don't know if we'll meet again, but I wish you all the best.
    Good luck, Xero!"

Back