• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemecha

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    PokéMecha

Introduction: I've never seen anything like this done so I decided to do it. What it is, is basically Pokémon just live peacefully on earth but are free to roam because Pokémon training is no longer effective. Now Pokémon are just researched. But the reason it's like this is…

Background: In Earth Year (in this time it's called that, or just EY) 3067, the regions on earth began expanding their reaches into space, for land expansion, the population was growing too quickly and there was too little living space. At first mars was colonized in 3070 where people from all regions could live, but it was noticed that It wouldn't work out. This was because the legal policies a region had could not be in effect if it was not fully their land, so war broke out on Earth too settle land disputes over space. This began putting the regions in ruin. They had too fight in space… but with what? A Pokémon researcher from Kanto by the name of Cornelius Oak (a descendant of Professor Oak) Began developing a robot prototype based on the Pokémon Raichu. He collaborated with Silph Co. to make a final product. This project was unknown to the public. The robot was too be piloted by the human too fight in space. It could also deploy smaller forms from its center where the Cockpit lie. These smaller forms would be used for land travel, and combat. Soon this project was leaked and other regions began developing such robots based on the Pokémon specific to their region. These would be called Pokémechas. Battles then began too rage throughout space and the regions expanded their reaches to the ends of the universe.
    The Nature of Pokémecha: They are big like Gundam. They use Pokémon attacks only they are in laser form if it's a special attack. Stat Boosting attacks are just when the mecha channels its energy to either aid speed, attack, defense etc. Its "smaller forms" are their lower evolutionary forms (The highest form of a Pokémon is the only one that can go into space.). Pokémecha can only have four "attacks" at once, (this doesn't include stat-boosts). Attacks are weapons attached to the mecha. Move pools still exist, a Pokémecha can only have weapons that are in its move pool. Stat decreasing moves don't exist. They are most always piloted by humans.

Plot: It is currently Space Year (SY) 50 (3070 EY is the last year before space years). While the colonization of planets is happening in space, there are people who disagree with war. There is a certain group of people that try to solve it by fighting against the regions, even though they are citizens themselves. They work underground with scientists to build Pokémecha that will combat the regions. They are actually not yet formed though. You have been selected to be one of these. You are a new recruit and are going to be trained. You are called the Pokémecha Kapina (rebellion in Finnish) or PK for short. You are going to assemble tomorrow in Cinnabar Island Mansion, to start this rebellion.
    SU Form:
    Name: (First, Last and any Nicknames)
    Appearance: (Your character will also wear suits too pilot them so include what that's like)
    Personality: (Solid info, we want to have room for development too)
    History: (Yep.)
    Pokémecha: (Which Pokémon is it based on and what weapons/attacks, try to make it somehow fit your characters personality. This is made for you by the scientists)
    RP Sample: (could be original or from another RP)

Rules:
    • Don't take control of other people's characters without permission. You can a little though just for really small things.
    • Stay active please.
    • Inform me if you plan on leaving.
    • Try to interact with other people's characters.
    • Follow these rules please.
    • I can boot you, but I only will if you break these severely.
    • Have FUN!
    There will be 8 slots, reservations last 2 days, and the best SUs will get the spots. Oh, and if you do a really good post, then you can upgrade a weapon or get a new one, or just make really cool customizations, like a blue Charizard mecha.
    1.TundraCanine
    2.dragonqueen0210

Last edited:

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    And I want to let everyone know that Legendary Pokemechs are only made for, given to, and are able to be piloted by really experienced pilots. Sorry for the double post.

Marina E. Silver

7/10/11 R.I.P
    Years
  • Name: Ariala Davis. Ari

Appearance: She has long dyed aqua blue hair and yellow eyes. She's short for her age and wears a purple tube top, black skinny jeans, and purple boots.

Personality: Very Headstrong, can rush into any situation with out thinking and ninety percent of the time ends up hurt physically, emotionally, or mentally. She's hard to calm when she gets angry which happens easily and often because of her fiery temper.

History: Ariala grew up affected by the war. Her mother from Kanto and her father from Sinnoh when the war started it pushed her parents apart. She was forced to move from the Kanto region to Sinnoh to live with her father and grew up hating the war for what it did to her family. On her eighteenth birthday Ariala recieved a letter from a group calling themselves Pokémecha Kapina telling her she was one of the few selected to help with the rebellion. Not even consulting her father about it Ariala sent back a reply accepting the invitation eagerly, and in the dead of night left home without a goodbye to head to Cinnabar Island.

Pokémecha: Torchic (please)

RP Sample: Marina yawned waking up in the early hours of the morning. As she sat up and stretched she realized what day it was and jumped out of bed hurriedly getting changed out of her pajamas and into her normal outfit. She grabbed her backpack off the chair by her desk and sped down the stairs and out of the empty house running in the direction of Professor Rowan's Pokemon lab.

"Professor are you here!" She yelled upon entering the lab.

"Ah, Marina i should have known you'd be the first one here." Professor Rowan said smiling at her as he led her to the the Poke"balls holding the Pokemon that some lucky children got to choose from today. "You go ahead and make your choice you can start out when some of the others get here." he said.

Marina smiled picking a Poke"ball up "This is it" she grinned calling out the Pokemon. In a flash of light a Torchic materialized in front of her.

"Excellent Choice" Professor Rowan said leaving Marina to play with her new Pokemon until some of the others arrived.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Hmm... well you need to go back into those areas and go more in depth, especially with appearance and personality. Most of that stuff is implied. For all I know, she could have a nose thats either huge or avergage sized. History is pretty good and interesting but I think there's still alot missing and things need to be added. Pokemecha choice, well it would be a torchic only on land in space it would be Blaziken. RP sample, you seem to not have enough commas, or periods, or Voice. It's sort of stating more than saying what's going on. So you can fix your SU but until that's done You are not accepted. Sorry.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    sure, doesn't seem like to many people want to join though. so if we fill up to 8 we'll start.

TundraCanine

Shizuku
    Years
  • At this rate I don't think 8 will be coming soon...but alright, I'll work on an SU in a few hours.

Name: Branson Allen (Rho)

Appearance: Shaggy brown hair with gray eyes. He typically keeps his hair quite messy, with it sticking out in various directions. Thin appearance, standing at six feet and 3 inches. Typically wears a dark gray hoodie with skinny jeans. Wears a dark green metal bracelet made from a meteorite. His Pilot suit sports various shades of gray, with several dark green accents around the arms and neck area. It has slightly more armored shoulder pads and neck bracing.

Personality: Branson tends to make light of things. He shirks most of his work, spending his time more leisurely. He usually gets it done....eventually. He has been known to make the wrong joke at the wrong time, getting himself some scolding (IE: Someone's death). While he can be light hearted, quick witted, and ill minded, he easily makes up for it with his piloting skills.

History: Branson, not much older than twelve, looked up to his brother for inspiration to anything. Being a war hero and skilled soldier, his brother had much to live for. Soon, however, his parents' health declined drastically due to a hereditary family disease. As Branson struggled to care for them, even dropping out of his classes in the Johto region, his brother continued fighting, rarely sending news of his whereabouts. When his parents were on there last string of life, Branson contacted his brother, begging for him to return. His brother refused, claiming he was "too busy for such matters". Branson plated a seed of hatred for his sibling that very day. His parents died shortly after.
    Soon after discovering that the "Family Disease" would come to take him as well, he took a different outlook on his life. He decided to live for one only- his self, and decided that everything to him was "light matter". He received a message from the Pokemon Kapina soon after, asking him to join them in the war efforts. He saw this as his blessing. He from then on, secretly hoped for a chance to meet his brother on the battle field.

Pokémecha: Raging Steel: A large Aggron mecha with more spines and spikes than usual. It has large machine guns replacing the bands on its wrists, and its horns are lauchable as missiles. It tail can be removed and used as a large spear in melee combat. It is colored with Gray and black accents along its face and back, giving it a scarred appearance. He is best used as a sort of "Tank", due to his mecha's high armor and defense ratio.

RP Sample: Rho walked quietly through the forest towards the small grove where the best berries grew. He cautiously scanned the area for other pokemon. This was HIS secret grove, where he came to eat the best berries, drink from the best spring, and most importantly, think. he wanted to join Darkrai, maybe they're, he will be accepted and be a part of something. Suddenly something caught his gaze, a pokemon shaped like the moon appeared. "Who....Who are you?" Rho stammered. "I am Cresselia, she said, I will make you apart of something, accepted." she said. "Come, i will explain more as we walk." And so Rho learned about his parents, why he was sent to the volcano, and why he was to join the pokepals. Hours later, Cresselia asked the question. "Will you you join me, or Darkrai?" Rho thought for a while, and finally he said. "I'll join you." (From an RP from long ago.)

Last edited:

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    It's pretty good, pokemecha is great. Appearance is vague I think.. so maybe add a bit to that.

Years
  • My SU. It'll be a waste to let such a good plotline run away, hm?

SU Form:
    Name: Angelique Laiyu
    Nickname: Alice

Appearance: She has impossibly cold red eyes, often in a glare with long, wavy silver hair. Having never eaten much, she has a thin face, a pointed chin and high cheekbones. Likewise, she has a lean body build, with an average height.
    She wears a tight black dress, with 3/4 sleeves, slits on both sides to allow better movement, and edged with silver. A silver dragon is embroided on the back, the symbol of her deceased family's crest. She has black, thigh length shorts underneath, daggers strapped on both sides. She wears the same outfit while piloting, though the daggers come off.

Personality: Alice is one cool character, with a level head and fights for what she believes in. Her friends describe her as aloof, sometimes sadistic and she dislikes large crowds and gatherings. Though generally mistrustful, she's loyal to those she cares about. Her nickname is based on the first letters of her first and last name, as well as that her friends like to say she's just like ice.

History: Angelique was born in Johto, raised as an orphan, her parents having died during the war. Surrounded by land scarred with destruction, fear and suffering when she was young, she began to hate anything to do with the war. For years, she made her resistance known, sneaking into known region bases, stealing ammunition, hijacking Pokemecha. It was only small things, but those little frustrations gave Angelique her reputation and a place on the Johto region's most wanted list. With the Johto region council after her, she escaped to Hoenn by stowing away on a ship the Hoenn region had sent to spy on the Johto council.

While traveling Hoenn, Angelique met others who were also against the wars and wanted to do something about it. They teamed up and began a plan to sabotage the main base of the Hoenn region, hoping to also successfully outmaneuver the oncoming Sinnoh force. It didn't work as they hoped, and their small army was exstinguished. Angelique survived by a hairs breadth, coming away with both legs broken. Taken into prison, she waited until her legs healed before escaping. After breaking out, she laid low for a bit, rethinking her plans. Word reached her about Pokemecha Kapina, and though she didn't manage to know how, word of her also reached them, and she was offered a place as a new recruit in the resistance. Angelique accepted on a whim, and made her way to Kanto, to Cinnabar Island.

Pokémecha: Royal Spirit. It is based on an Empoleon, built specifically for close combat and all-terrain travel. The edges of the wings are used as blades (think Steel Wing), while the front is used to block off physical combat (Iron Defense). The horns form a shield (Think light screen and reflect) to stop long range attacks.

RP Sample:
    Koori blinked a bit, straightening up as Team Honour's leader, Kenshin, approached her. There was a spoink bouncing after him, who was looking around curiously. The Futachimaru wasn't known to casually begin idle chat, but then again, there wasn't much to do now.

"Koori, a good morning to you. Meet my new partner, Oink."

Kenshin was as polite as always, and one of the more serious teamleaders, which was why Koori respected him. He was waving his hand at the spoink behind him in introduction. Kenshin probably had his own doubts at her ability, then again, she shouldn't make baseless assumptions.

"Good Morning Kenshin. Nice to meet you Oink. My name is Koori, and this is my partner, Tint."

She introduced her new team member, whom was still standing solemly, and sort of like a statue next to her. She refrained from checking to see whether he was actually still alive, though her flipper moved a bit.

"The rest of the guild is out to find Lithephion. Most likely, he got lost while looking for berries again."

She explained to Kenshin, seeing as Jose seemed to be concentrated on locating the Pichu as well as keeping an eye on the town.

Last edited:

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Very good, for both of you, now all we have to do is wait for more people. I like your guys characters they're interesting.

Also it would be cool if brandon met his brother, that'd be a cool fight.

The Pretender

The Monkey's Paw
    Years
  • Tundra showed me this, I'm totally in.

Name: Cameron Lordi

Appearance: Cameron is a large man, standing at 6' 1". He has a lightly tanned skin tone and jet black hair, which is always lightly slicked back, giving him a businessman kind of look. His thick sideburns run down to his chin. He is muscular, but stout. His naturally wide shoulder length gives him the appearance of some sort of wrestler. He tends to wear blue and green patterned things, and his pilot suit, which is completely royal blue (save for some lime green decals) supports that.

Personality: Cameron tries his best to be a laid-back guy, but whenever something gets his attention, he tends to be completely over-excitable to the point of annoying everyone around him. This leads to heated arguments and passionate rants. However, this carries over into most things, so when something really matters, he doesn't hold back and tries his hardest. This seems to come at a price, however, for when Cameron doesn't see something as top-priority, it tends to get ignored. However, even though he's hot-headed, Cameron has a high-moral standing and would gladly sacrifice his life to save someone he's never even met. He is also very adamant about his Italian heritage, and tends to incorporate it into a lot of things and pushes it upon others.

Pokémecha: La Forza Devastante (Devastating Strength) A mecha based on Machamp. He is a medium-speed mecha, but his arms are as fast as any Weavile or Ninjask based mecha. It is almost completely melee-based, so his methods are usually based on guerilla tactics.

RP Sample: (from a somewhat recent Mystery Dungeon that Tundra and I hosted)

"You're just full of 'em today, aren't ya?" Karzai said sarcastically to the bird, "What do we got this time?"

"Very funny," Pelipper said, worn out. Being the only messenger bird in Nazarea had its drawbacks, "we've got your standard rescue mission. Just a little one lost out in the plains," the messenger continued reading through the letter, "Shouldn't be but a half-hour's walk from here."

"Good stuff then. Anything else?" the Munchlax said, warily.

"Yep. Lickilicki wants to talk to whoever's in charge while Golduck's away. Has some sort of top secret stuff that he doesn't want gettin' out to the public just yet," Pelipper said. He looked around before continuing, "Guess that'd be you then?"

"Just my luck, it is. Thanks for the jobs anyway, though. See you later," Karzai finished his conversation, and the messenger took off. Karzai turned back to the three most recent recruits, "Guess you'll be wanting this?"

The Scyther looked around, as if looking for someone who was after him. The Yoterrie jumped up before Karzai could take his eyes off the Scyther and snatched the message from his hand.

"Yay! We get to go on an adventure! I can be all VWOOSH and then you can be all POW POW and then the big green guy can go like SHIK SHIK and then we'll be rescuers!" Yoyo shouted, jumping up and down on Vandose's head. Blaze took the message from Yoyo before he could damage it beyond comprehension. He read through it quickly and turned to Karzai.

"I'm sure we can handle this. We'll be back before you know it," the Cyndaquil said. And with that, the fire-type turned and headed down the stairs, followed soon after by his companions. Karzai rubbed his head and was about to fall asleep right then and there, but, unfortunately, it was his obligation to go see the Mayor. He made sure everything was secure and walked down the stairs and turned into the town.

"This is going to be a long day."

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Following a request from pokemongarnet, I'll lock this thread now~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back