• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon 2000 prophecy

What does the prophecy say?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shedinja8

Niger, atrum vel malum. Sumo.
Years
  • I found something interesting in the movie when it comes to the prophecy.

"Disturb not the harmony of fire, ice or lightning, lest these titans wreak destruction upon the world in which they clash. Though the water's great guardian shall arise to quell the fighting, alone its song will fail, thus the earth shall turn to ash. Oh, Chosen One. Into thine hands bring together all three. Their treasure combined, tame the Beast of the Sea."

During the movie, they treat Ash as the Chosen one when it says: ..thus the earth shall turn to ash.

Did this mean the earth would litteraly turn to ash and Ash just happend to be the chosen one, or did it mean Ash was the chosen one, period?

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure Ash was the chosen one, because they sent him to find those orb things, and I remember Ash saying, I wish my mom named me Bob, or something to that nature.

Guest123_x1

I remember reading in a magazine many years ago around the time this movie came out that in the movie, the world would end if the legendary birds were captured or otherwise disturbed in any other way.

From my point of view based upon reading that, the "earth shall turn to ash" meant the world will literally burn and turn into ash. It was a coincidence that Ash Ketchum happened to be the "Chosen One".

Years
  • I'm pretty sure it's referring to Ash specifically, but only in the dub.

Note that in the original the prophecy didn't refer specifically to Ash.

EDIT: "Fire God, Thunder God, and Ice God. They're all powerful; they must not be disturbed. A slightest mistake could disturb the balance of sky and earth, making the world walk towards destruction. The Ocean God will only arise when the world's in need. Other than that he won't appear. In order to calm the God's anger, it is necessary to find the superior one.

Last edited:

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • xDDD haha i dont know if thats a pun or a trick question. The earth really turned to Ash. Ash is the chosen one. Hence Ash saved the world. I need to watch the movie again xDD

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    The world would literally turn to ASHES is what I thought. It didn't specify 'ash' with a capital A, therefore the prophecy's meaning is subject to scrutiny... just think of that. ;)
    'The world will turn to Ash' (name) =/-= 'The world will turn to ash' (cinders)

roacherman

Time Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    The world turns into ash... would that mean that Ash's head would literally be the earth? XD

I think it was intentional

(can someone please tell my why ash happens to be the chosen one in most of these movies?)

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    What about "The world would literally turn into Ash's body". That's what I initially thought when I first watched the movie xP I feel pretty stupid.

Now that I think about it, it would literally have to mean that the world would really end into ashes. But it might have been worded like that as a hint to Ash.

roacherman

Time Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Turn into Ash's body? I think we are starting to get a bit too perverted here XD

Years
  • I think the world would turn to ash (cinder) not turn to Ash for aid. The people on the island even told him that it was for show (the ceremony they have each year)

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    'Thus the Earth shall turn to Ash'.

To 'turn to' someone means to get their help in a tough situation, so I think they took it metaphorically. Since Ash was the only person who could help Lugia make the bird trio shut up.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2011
    While the people of the Island said it was "just for show"; Think, as one of their ancestors. The one who had made the prophecy for instance. They did NOT take so lightly to such a thing, I'm sure. Now what I'm sure you all failed to realize in analyzing this, is the fact that, many phrase, especially in such mysterious things as prophecies, are ambiguous, which means they can have more than one meaning. Which would say that; he IS the chosen one, but if he failed to accomplish the task set before him, then the world itself would be destroyed, or "turn to ash" as it so happens. Take into account that Ash (being the main character) has found himself in countless "fateful encounters" not only in the movies, but in the plain old episodes as well. More so than any normal person from the Pokemon world could hope to go through, in a lifetime.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back