• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon - 2Awesome Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    By the way Heart Gold and Soul Silver uses overworlds from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum like Camper and Picnicker so it shouldn't matter if the FR/LG and RSE overworlds and tilesets don't mix.
    That's because HG/SS and D/P/Pt have the same art style. FR/LG and R/S/E have completely different art styles, which is why the OW's are different.

Years
  • Just found a huge bug: The game crashes when you enter the gym in Greenwich City.

EDIT: And the pre-battle text of the Youngster on Route 80 is glitched.

Last edited:

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Just found a huge bug: The game crashes when you enter the gym in Greenwich City.

EDIT: And the pre-battle text of the Youngster on Route 80 is glitched.

What emulator are you using? Honestly, it was only tested on VBA/No$GBA. I'll try it, but it worked for everyone who tried it afaik.

EDIT: Nope, you're right. Luckily for my sanity, I have backups. I dunno what caused it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tbpckdodc9bku7v

I've really only programmed for about a year and a half, so let me know if there's anything else that causes a meltdown.

Last edited:

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    I'm going to try this out, I'm tired of playing those hard-ass-wannabe-Nintendo hax.

This forum is a ***** to people (Like me) when it comes to not being a tool.

People.. or should I say children, life is tough, I know, but this is the internets, get over it.

Add a Area 51 with soldiers that battles you plz :) Kinda like that one gtasa mission

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2014
    A lot of the times the serious hacks on this board... are well, not good honestly. They have the same exact gameplay as every other hack and while I appreciate the effort and the hours of work, they're not necessarily all that fun.

Here's something that's unique, and while it's not an extraordinary example of hacking, it manages to not take itself seriously and is a short, fun ride.

Hinkage, if you havent already please play Pokemon Snakewood. You two are very similar... however Snakewood has a huge emphasis on unique gameplay puzzles in addition to the crazy humor and storyline. Pokemon Warped is another similar example.

It's not great *hacking* per se, but it's a fun hack to play. Don't let the immense criticism get to you.

hinkage

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    A lot of the times the serious hacks on this board... are well, not good honestly. They have the same exact gameplay as every other hack and while I appreciate the effort and the hours of work, they're not necessarily all that fun.

Here's something that's unique, and while it's not an extraordinary example of hacking, it manages to not take itself seriously and is a short, fun ride.

Hinkage, if you havent already please play Pokemon Snakewood. You two are very similar... however Snakewood has a huge emphasis on unique gameplay puzzles in addition to the crazy humor and storyline. Pokemon Warped is another similar example.

It's not great *hacking* per se, but it's a fun hack to play. Don't let the immense criticism get to you.

Thanks, I think that's the first positive post this thread has ever seen :D

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • Thanks, I think that's the first positive post this thread has ever seen :D
    There ya go, man!
    Oh, played a little, and I find it pretty enjoyable...I kinda ignored the negatives during play. It's witty (not Snakewood witty, but damn fine to me regardless) and dwells on things not touched upon in Pokemon. In fact, this is going on my 'enjoyable hacks' list.
    I'll keep on playin', but with school, not that much...
    And with that, good work so far. Hopefully I'll see more projects from you.

hinkage

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Erm can you fix this i cant play it on my android it just shows white screen.

Did you patch it first? It's a .ups and not an .ips like most hacks, so Google "tsukuyomi UPS" and patch it to a clean Emerald ROM.

If not that, I honestly wouldn't know why this wouldn't work on an Android. (if other hacks before it have.)

Years
  • Did you patch it first? It's a .ups and not an .ips like most hacks, so Google "tsukuyomi UPS" and patch it to a clean Emerald ROM.

If not that, I honestly wouldn't know why this wouldn't work on an Android. (if other hacks before it have.)

Yes, i did patch it using tsukiyomi and i tested it on VBA it works but somehow it does not work on android and i even change the save type to 128k flash but still white screen and the file that come out from patching is 116mb (sorry for bad english)

hinkage

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yes, i did patch it using tsukiyomi and i tested it on VBA it works but somehow it does not work on android and i even change the save type to 128k flash but still white screen and the file that come out from patching is 116mb (sorry for bad english)

Some others have had problems as well. Honestly, it seems to work randomly afaik, because no one's given what OS they use >_>

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I'm not sure if this has been addressed before, but when I patched the rom with Tsukuyomi and the UPS file, the gba file went from 16 mb to almost 120 mb? WHAT HAPPENED? I'm about to see if it works on gpsp, but I must have done something wrong...

hinkage

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I'm not sure if this has been addressed before, but when I patched the rom with Tsukuyomi and the UPS file, the gba file went from 16 mb to almost 120 mb? WHAT HAPPENED? I'm about to see if it works on gpsp, but I must have done something wrong...

It really is 120 mb. The ROM is expanded.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Hey Hinkage, could you list the gyms in order with types/level?
    I have one badge atm with this team:

Lv:21 Croconaw
    Ice Beam
    Crunch
    Rock Slide
    Surf

Lv:21 Flaffy
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power
    Iron Tail
    Toxic

Lv: 21 Trapinch
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Giga Drain
    Rock Slide

Lv: 22 Charmeleon
    Bite
    Dragon Claw
    Flamethrower
    Aerial Ace

Lv: 22 Kirlia
    Psychic
    Fire Punch
    Ice Punch
    Thunderbolt

Lv: 22 Grovyle
    Thunder Punch
    Crunch
    Dragonbreath
    Leaf Blade
    and I need to know if I'm ready for the second leader (wherever he/she is)

hinkage

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    120 MB? Are you sure it needs to be that big?

Nope, it only needs 16. Maybe even less :3

Hey Hinkage, could you list the gyms in order with types/level?
    I have one badge atm with this team:

What! That's no fun! Besides, the game isn't super tough or anything if you buy plenty of items. At the rate your team is leveling up, too, and with the variety it has, you should be fine to beat anyone.

By the way, some maps are big, but they're all literally straightforward. Except Forest of Illusion, obviously.
    I'm not proud at all of the mapping quality of this game. Some maps really suck.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back