• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon 6 Gen

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTYO

Old Timer
Years
  • I wonder how it would be like. What kinds of Pokemon would you like to see? What kind of improvements would it have over gen 5?

Staff edit: Keep in mind that because this is in Pokemon General, expand your posts beyond the games. What kind of Pokemon do you want, or do you want none at all? What kind of new region do you want (arctic, tropical, anything else)? Think of things that are beyond what game features you want in a sixth generation game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2018
    I want a dragon type eeveelution.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    Multiple storylines. Like a main adventure, also being able to join the evil team. That would add some more replay value.

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2012
    I would like to see the ability to ride Pokemon on land, character customization, and sprites for Pokemon outside of battle (e.g. when you have a Lapras surf on a body of water, you'll be shown riding him/her).

I want a dragon type eeveelution.

Considering Dragon types are my favorite, I would love to see this.

Multiple storylines. Like a main adventure, also being able to join the evil team. That would add some more replay value.

This is also a wonderful idea.

TTYO

Old Timer
    Years
  • Is it possible that in battles WE can gain EXP when we lose or win a battle too?

A wise man used to say that in life we gain experience when we lose rather than we win

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
  • I would like to see the ability to ride Pokemon on land.

I made a thread on this lol, this, and a(nother) phoenix/firebird pokemon, perhaps that looks cooler and (dreaming here) has an ability that lets it revive if it dies?

Dream on indeed.....a more serious thing that they may be more likely to implant....hmmm....they need to bring secret bases and walking pokemon back.

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I'd like to see more Dark, Ghost and Dragon types. An even larger assortment of Pokeball's, TM's/HM's and Held Items. A large region with distant lands to visit like the islands in FR/LG and the Battle Area in D/P/Pt.
    However I would like to see a complex storyline that has the possibility of branching off into different paths, all having their unique rewards and disadvantages...

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Aren't we jumping slightly ahead of ourselves? Assuming Nintendo stick to the current trend we won't be seeing this until 2014, we haven't even got B2W2 or RS remakes yet.

garjora

Ambassador of the Cosmos
    Years
  • Even so just think of how bad it could turn out. It's clearly obvious that they're running out of ideas and at the very least we could expect some bad creations if they were planning a sixth generation.

For my personal taste I would love to see a ghost+dragon type.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
  • Even so just think of how bad it could turn out. It's clearly obvious that they're running out of ideas and at the very least we could expect some bad creations if they were planning a sixth generation.

Giratina says hi.

We really ARE jumping ahead of ourselves, too.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • -More Eeveelutions
    -Large Region
    -Ability to travel to distant lands
    -Bring back Secret Bases
    -Story line similar to Generation 3 and 5
    -New pokemon that kinda look like good fan-pokemon (they'll be so cute!)
    -Multiple story splits but end up going in one direction anyways (you know its gonna happen)
    -Surf/dive and fly sprites specific to the pokemon were on. (3DS is good enough)
    -Will be a 3DS game!
    -The main region having a:
    -Desert
    -Rainforest
    -Savannah
    -ect
    Australian Pokemon! haha

Yeah.. it might be to soon to think about but its fun.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    NO MORE EEVEELUTIONS is what I have to say first lol, I think there are enough, any more would just kind of ruin the purpose of having those specific types. The 4th gen ones were already too much imo.

Anyways I expect a LOT of gen 6, I expect the dex to be lots better than gen 5, and I'm not really sure what I expect of the region but I surely hope it's not anything urban as Unova.

CyanFlame

Gotta get the sauce
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2012
    I want a more hands-on game! Customizable sprites! The use of a stylus! Minigames! And Unova Pokemon in other regions!

sowwy for yelling

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
    Years

I personally thought that most of the new Pokemon were nice. There are a few I hate, but I just pretend they are all Lucario since he is my favorite. I thought that they had some clever ideas this generation.

Now, for the next gen, the only problem I have about the creation of new generations is the amount of Pokemon that is added. They are making too many Pokemon. There are almost a thousand. I think that for each generation from now on, that they should just make a new region and games, but only have about 20-50 new Pokemon at a time. They should also limit the creation of legendaries greatly also. I'd also like to see a branching story and perhaps some kind of connection between the 3ds ( THE NEXT POKEMON GAMES MUST BE ON THE 3DS!!!) and the wii u. Maybe a 3d MMO on the wii u that could connect to the 3ds Pokemon games. I'd also like to see a sequel to Pokemon XD and Battle Revolution, combined into one game.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Multiple storylines. Like a main adventure, also being able to join the evil team. That would add some more replay value.
    Multiple storylines would be nice, but doable may be a different story. I'd like too see though a system where you decisions you make through out the game affect how the story is. Either that or the two versions have two different stories. Joining the evil team would definitely be a split from the convential story we deal with, I wanted to do it since Nugget Bridge when Team Rocket asked the character to join. Add replay value, care to elaborate? Since a lot of people get into challenges, battling, trading, etc.

I would like to see the ability to ride Pokemon on land, character customization, and sprites for Pokemon outside of battle (e.g. when you have a Lapras surf on a body of water, you'll be shown riding him/her).

Considering Dragon types are my favorite, I would love to see this.

This is also a wonderful idea.
    The land would be nice, but I don't see them supplanting Bikes. Maybe there is some mini game where they let your ride them though. Basically you want the Follow Me feature that was instituted with Pikachu in Yellow and all the pokes in HGSS. That is definitely something I'd want to see again.

I'd like to see more Dark, Ghost and Dragon types. An even larger assortment of Pokeball's, TM's/HM's and Held Items. A large region with distant lands to visit like the islands in FR/LG and the Battle Area in D/P/Pt.
    However I would like to see a complex storyline that has the possibility of branching off into different paths, all having their unique rewards and disadvantages...
    I don't like the assortment of Pokeballs we have either. I wish they would give the same variety they gave back in GSC. TMs have 90+ plus moves already, I don't really see the need to add more but make rework the ones we already have.

Aren't we jumping slightly ahead of ourselves? Assuming Nintendo stick to the current trend we won't be seeing this until 2014, we haven't even got B2W2 or RS remakes yet.
    This topic is pretty much made either every month or every other month so not really. Has been done before I will certainly be done again be we even get a hint that the generation is under development.

Even so just think of how bad it could turn out. It's clearly obvious that they're running out of ideas and at the very least we could expect some bad creations if they were planning a sixth generation.

Or how good it may turn out... How it is clearly obvious? Cause they have a trashbag and ice cream cone? If that's what you are basing it on then not every design is great or bad each generation has hits and misses. And would you rather they just come up with something very similar to previous pokemon? Diverisity in design is something I like of these new gens, and I believe this leads to increasingly unique designs as well.

NO MORE EEVEELUTIONS is what I have to say first lol, I think there are enough, any more would just kind of ruin the purpose of having those specific types. The 4th gen ones were already too much imo.

Anyways I expect a LOT of gen 6, I expect the dex to be lots better than gen 5, and I'm not really sure what I expect of the region but I surely hope it's not anything urban as Unova.
    Some people want every Eeveelution that corresponds with a type, so the wants thus far aren't that over the top. I think having Eevee as the type pokemon is perfectly fine though.

I personally thought that most of the new Pokemon were nice. There are a few I hate, but I just pretend they are all Lucario since he is my favorite. I thought that they had some clever ideas this generation.

Now, for the next gen, the only problem I have about the creation of new generations is the amount of Pokemon that is added. They are making too many Pokemon. There are almost a thousand. I think that for each generation from now on, that they should just make a new region and games, but only have about 20-50 new Pokemon at a time. They should also limit the creation of legendaries greatly also. I'd also like to see a branching story and perhaps some kind of connection between the 3ds ( THE NEXT POKEMON GAMES MUST BE ON THE 3DS!!!) and the wii u. Maybe a 3d MMO on the wii u that could connect to the 3ds Pokemon games. I'd also like to see a sequel to Pokemon XD and Battle Revolution, combined into one game.
    649 is not really almost to thousand. It took them 5 generations to get to 649 so they could add 100+ the next two gens and still not make it to 1000 by the end of Gen 7. I don't really see them making a small amount of new pokemon in a generation anytime soon. Just think about it Starters line is 9 legends you have a trio, two verision exclusives then at least one poke like Mewtwo and that's 6 right there. Then there is probably 2 more event legends so you have 8 legends at least. If you consider Gen II added 100 new pokes, Gen III added 135, Gen IV added 107, Gen V added 156. So at the very least they would have to half the the dex and I don't see that happening. I am actually surprised Gen V wasn't on 3DS, but if Gen VI isn't on 3DS I'd be extremely disappointed. Don't see a MMO in the future for the Pokemon franchise imo.

As for what I'd like to see.
    - A change from the regular storyline of get starter from Professor, Battle 8 gyms, battle evil team, beat elite four and become champion.
    - This is a bit of a stretch and more of a hope rather then a realistic possibility but I'd like too see a new type or types. Although I doubt we will if ever see new ones since a lot of people thought during the speculation period during BW that we would have Light types.
    - The return of two evil teams i.e. Magma & Aqua.
    - Keep up with the Gym Leader involvement.
    - Make the rivals within the game and show worth while like Gary, Paul, Silver and so on. I haven't cared for rivals in some time.
    - As for anime don't renoob Ash again, just stick with the progression he has already made. Or at least start a new alternate series.

Years
  • I have actually had a few ideas.

-A snow owl kind of Pokemon (think Hedwig)
    -An undersea geyser monster (water/fire type)
    -a steel/ghost type
    -An egyptian cat with Psychic/dark typing (not my idea, I take no credit)
    -A pokemon based off the word "Horse-drive". It'd be a horse (no surprise) with an Electric/Fire typing
    -A Poison/Steel typing
    -A wildebeest pokemon :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2012
    I think they have gone done in value of the games with the release of Black and White. The gameplay was good except the fact that you were level 50 in the Elite Four compared to 70 and 80 in in the first games. Some of the sprites could have been better too. That is what I think could be better.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I think they have gone done in value of the games with the release of Black and White. The gameplay was good except the fact that you were level 50 in the Elite Four compared to 70 and 80 in in the first games. Some of the sprites could have been better too. That is what I think could be better.
    Do you mean you personally trained to those levels? Cause 70 & 80 for any Elite Four on any game is over leveled. The Elite Four Pokemon in RBY didn't hit 60s till Lance with his Aerodactyl and Dragonite. And Blue highest pokemon was 65. Yes though they are under leveled compared to Gen I and Gen IV but Gen II and Gen III Elite Four were on par with Gen V Elite Four and those games were fine as well.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I think they have gone done in value of the games with the release of Black and White. The gameplay was good except the fact that you were level 50 in the Elite Four compared to 70 and 80 in in the first games. Some of the sprites could have been better too. That is what I think could be better.

70 and 80? Heck I'm not even 50 yet when I reached any previous elite four from the older games! Are you sure you didn't overlevel them just a wee bit? Or perhaps only a few of your Pokemon reached that level? That's just strange.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back