• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon 706 :: Winter Edition

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    It has been over a year since I have last showcased Pokemon706, actually the last time it has been showcased the Moderators were Simone and Jedi_Amara....

Anyways, www.pokemon706.com is back with its Winter Edition Layout! After numerous months of difficulty following our old host Zoneserv being hacked, we are finally coming back after losing all our old content.

Very recently Jeremy (founder of Pokemon706) was in talks with The APCC to buy out the content, which has now been finalized and the basic content has already been placed on 706.

We will soon have Episode Guides and Pictures from the latest episodes in Japan, along with a staffer telling us what is going on in World of Pokemon from Japan...

Ideas - Comments - Concerns

scolari

spriter god (yes me)
    Years
    i absolutly love the layout its really good a great 10/10 and you should know i dont think i've ever given a 10/10 i'm usually harsh great work good to see 706 is around

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    Thanks ^___^

Razz really outdid himself this time =) you should of seen how many days him and I went through Pokemon images trying to harvest a winter themed pokemon image in good quality ;P

Finally he he just put ice skates on a sprite and BAM XD

And thank you Greg, I was expecting a very harsh comment from you... This is rather unexpected?

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    The ice skating Azumarill is kinda weird =/

I may not be happy with you, but that doesn't mean I can't judge a layout correctly.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    Anyways, we soon will be adding totally new sections for Webmasters, Computers, Episode Guides/Pictures and so on :P

WidowMaker

Horizons
    Years
    Master Blaze said:
    Anyways, we soon will be adding totally new sections for Webmasters, Computers, Episode Guides/Pictures and so on :P
    Awesome. Wow.. I totally love your winter layout!^^ The colors are awesome.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    Thank you :3

All the people I have asked either totally love it or just totally hate it :x

We know everyone loves it ;P they just are jealous XD

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Truthfully, I don't like the layout at all, seems way to simple, even though I like simple layouts, this one is simple in a bad way.. not sure how to explain it. o_O

It also seems to be a little too far from the top of the page. :x
    The colours are nice though. :P

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    Thomas-san said:
    Awesome layout, but one thing I dont like is that you used the default cutenews theme.

706 Listens to all your suggestions ^___^ so I am pleased to have totally customized the cutenews colouring to match our layout. And our designer Razz is putting in a customized (for 706 only) news layout =)

And I am suprised Matt o__o I love this layout because it is so simple and clean, it is so easy to manage and I don't have to worry about it not working on IE, firefox, or Opera

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I'm afraid I've got to agree with Matt on this one, Richie. It's too bland, and the Times New Roman is...ick...
    Plus the skating Azumarill looks kinda awkward =/

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Morkula said:
    I'm afraid I've got to agree with Matt on this one, Richie. It's too bland, and the Times New Roman is...ick...
    Plus the skating Azumarill looks kinda awkward =/
    Actually I think thats "Georgia" o.O I'm probably wrong though.
    EDIT: Err.. no It's neither, the numbers aren't from Georgia or Times.

/didn't even notice the Azumarill XD

And the TagBoard sorta goes into the white border. :x

Last edited:

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    JKaizer said:
    The avatar placement in the news is really awkward...

It'ts temporary, the news template hasn't been completed...

And the news font is Verdana, it *was* Georgia, but I have since replaced it ;P

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Master Blaze said:
    It'ts temporary, the news template hasn't been completed...

And the news font is Verdana, it *was* Georgia, but I have since replaced it ;P
    Talking about the font in the images, not the news... at least I was.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    Oh, Razz downloaded new fonts due to everyone deeming his work generic... I am not entirely sure what they are though.

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Well I figured that much.
    And well, he didn't do a very good job at picking non-generic fonts. o_O I mean they just look like I mix of Times and Georgia. IMO. :/
    Though, I do like them. :3

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    We haven't changed anything o___o and I have tested it in IE and Firefox and it works fine

Back