• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: A Fresh Start [OOC]

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    Thanks for letting me know, and it's fine, really, I understand real life issues, especially such evil things as exams.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
    @Drunk - oops, should've probably mentioned you were accepted xD Swarm is just fine, I actually didn't even think of giving them hidden abilities, but I'll keep the option open from now on.

Awesome, umm, could you change it on the first post to avoid confusion?
    Thanks! :D

Also, I'll be sure to make my second post today since I travel tomorrow and won't be able to post then.

Anyways… that's all. :P

EDIT: By the way, Iron Tail… Heck Yeah!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Sorry Swan but... I can't help feeling I'm getting punished for catching a lot of pokémon. My pokémon only seem to get one level per post, while romdinners pokémon got three or two recently. What do you specifically look at when giving levels?

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    Don't feel you're being punished, you're not, I really love reading your posts!

I standard give one level when you're catching a Pokemon, which would be why your Pokemon have been gaining one level recently, you've just been catching a lot. As for battle posts, the stand is two levels, and three if it's an exceptionally good battle or amusing post, one if I think it could've been better. If the Pokemon hasn't received a new move in awhile, and it's one level away from it, I might also give one for free. (Which is what I also did for Romdinner's Snorunt this morning)
    Also, very rarely, when I'm really impressed with a capturing post, usually by really creative uses the battle itself, I'll grant 2 levels for a capture post, which I do believe I've only done once so far. And then 3 or 4 levels for event or gym battles.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    I'll make another post tonight! :D My work is making me to do an extra 2 hours for some reason ¬.¬

And thanks for Night Slash! Pokemon shall bleed this night...

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
    @Swan:
    Holy… o_0
    I don't know if I'm simply that predictable, but you guessed exactly what genders I wanted for Zubat and Woobat… well, I guess I got my Romeo and Juliet :D

@Red:
    Franco as in Francotirador? :cheeky:
    Haha, that's awesome, honestly, I lol'd… I can just imagine my character finding out about that… it'd be hilarious xD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    @ Swan - alright, I was suspecting that ^^ Just wondered, thanks for clearing it up~

@ drunk - lol ^^ I named him Francis now instead tho'.

Years
    I've posted again! I'm noticing a pattern in my battles, though. I really need to stop using Ditzy. When I play the games, I try to keep all my Pokemon at the same level, and do some level grinding when I catch a new one. Here, I just keep coming back to Ditzy. I'm not even a fan of Zubat! (I'm actually afraid of bats, due to a childhood incident.) I guess I just wrote a really fun character.

I'm going to grab Pearl and start again, and catch a Zubat.

Peace off.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    Sorry, I know I said I'd post - but Christmas time is busy time ^^'

On that note, Merry Christmas everyone! :)

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    @Zeph. - It's quite alright, it's Christmas, so you're more than excused C8

@Drunk - Well I'm glad I guessed right, maybe I'm just good at that? xD

@Godzil - What can I say, Zubat grows on you xD

@Drunk - Aw, poor Santa D:

And for everyone, Merry Christmas, and a new chapter should be up today, though it might not be as you expect it to be C8

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yay! Maybe I should finish writing my current post then :p

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    The new chapter is up! I also wanted to say that if you have any questions about the setting, feel free to ask!

@Red - You don't have to rush it, though now I know I've got another Ashton post to look forward too C8

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Thanks. I've still got a bit of a writers block though :(

Also, we're not going to reach New Mahogany in this chapter, are we? Just see signs about it?

And is there both a "summer" part of New Mahogany and a skiing part at the same time?

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    Nope, you reach New Mahogany in the next chapter, which'll be mostly about the gym.

As for New-Mahogany, the signs show what it's like in the winter, a skiing village, being at the foot of a winter-sport mountain (which is why the houses are all funky colours, since the only skiing village I ever saw was like that >.>) but in the summer it functions as a nice mountainous retreat around the Rage lake. Like there's people who go to Austria in the winter, for wintersport, and in the summer for the clean air landscape. At the time of the roleplay I'd say it's late-spring/early summer.

I'm sorry to hear about the writers block, artistic blocks really suck.

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
    Merry Christmas everybody!!!!!! :D I know I haven't been very active these past few days but I was caught by the Christmas fever but with a three week vacation I'll have plenty of time to post :P . Also welcome to the team Zeph and drunk.

RHCP - Try reading some post from other Rpers. It might help stimulate your inner artist.

TiTaN.JuStIn

Fighting the army of Stress...
    Years
    Just thought that this thread is a teeny bit inactive, so I would like to ask two things to you, guys:

1. What pokemon would you like for your character in the future?

2. What do you think should happen when somebody throws a pokeball at an already captured pokemon?

I know they're not so interesting, but I thought it's worth asking them, especially the second one.

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
    Hmmm nice idea Titan :D. Here goes nothing:

1. I would like a Litwick because it's one of my favorite fire types or a Chinchou due to the fact that its part water part electric which is very cool. ( I'll catch them both if i can ;) ).

2. Just like in the anime....it should bounce of the pokemon leaving it intact. Or seeing as we have PokePads some kind of message should appear that says that the pokemon is already in the possesion of another trainer.

All done!!!

PS: Titan you should answer as well :P.

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
    I wanted to let you know that i'll be away until the 2nd of January, as i'm going with some friends at a lodge for the New Year. :d Happy New Year to all!!! And see you in a few days. :)

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    Rom, beware of double posting, I don't think it's allowed (If I recall correctly, only the GM may, and after 2 days have gone by) so just a heads up. But thanks for letting me know. (And both Chinchou and Litwick will most likely be available in the roleplay sometime)

I myself wil be unavailable for all of today and most of tomorrow, due to obvious New Years Evey reasons C:

As for TJ, I can't answer the first one, obviously xD But as for the second question, I should think the Pokeball would just bounce off, and be like "watcha doing bro?". In any case if your character scans a Pokemon with his 'pad it should say if it's captured or not.

Back