• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon : A New Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
    the day/night system has changed, the screens from Johto were taken at 14:00, maximum brightness takes place at 12:00 and maximum darkness at 00:00, I am gonna make a flashlight system and the lights coming from windows, etc will turn on at 20:00 and some might go randomly off and on depending of the hour :)

Years
    [_DarkDragon_] said:
    the day/night system has changed, the screens from Johto were taken at 14:00, maximum brightness takes place at 12:00 and maximum darkness at 00:00, I am gonna make a flashlight system and the lights coming from windows, etc will turn on at 20:00 and some might go randomly off and on depending of the hour :)
    Yay someone is FINALLY doing it <3

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    [_DarkDragon_] said:
    here's some johto screens (sorry for the quality but they were too many):
    https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/rpg_man/johto.jpg
    You know, it probably would've been better just to save them each as individual pictures.
    It does look like a near replication of Johto, that's for sure. Having done that myself, I know it can be quite tedious. My only problem is that the mapping by Nintendo was quite poor, but you have to consider that it was made for GBC. I'd recommend trying to spice up the maps a little bit with some custom stuff, it'll improve the maps and you wont lose that "familiar" feeling from them.

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
    I'm going to release the maps as a kind of "plug in" for anyone who wants to use them in their games, after having Johto (normal) done I will change it and put some custom stuff on it for my game and for this one too :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2011
    this game looks so cool
    when the game comes further i know it will be the best on the whole forum

Zangooser

Lover of all Zagooses
    Years
    dangreifer said:
    this game looks so cool
    when the game comes further i know it will be the best on the whole forum

Whoa, think too much of a pkmn game, it'll take then fun out of it.......

It looks pretty good so far.....keep up the good work ^^

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
    wow dark dragon long time no see!

i like the storyline

screenies are awesome!

but i dont get kanto....

I mean snapping off from jotoh and the unknown plot of land above kanto!?!?!?!
    Wouldnt it be better for it being a new region(it kinda looks like hoenn...)

anyway keep up the good work

Last edited:

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    OMG this looks so cool i LOVE it!!!!!!!!dratini as a pre-starter lol who would of thoguth:P

Kurosai

Sandshrew Master
    Years
    This game looks really promising, I love the storyline and game concept, great idea! I'd be happy to help contribute to this project and make it succeed, I can do spriting/mapping and help brainstorm any issues or ideas you need to sort out. I'm also not a rabid beta-testing-seeker, but I do make a fine bug/glitch-hunter. Anyway, I don't expect you to believe any of this just from text, so I'll be sending samples of my work via PM. Either way, good luck and keep at it.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    Pokemon : A New Beginning

This thread has been dead since July 2006, I think you can assume that the creator has stopped working on it, and will not release it anymore.

Do not revive threads thare are older than a month, please.

~closed~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back