• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Acceptance

Years
    ok so im still having trouble with the galarian darmanitan, after the darumaka evolves it still turns into a normal darmanitan stuck in zenmode but when i use the form changer to turn it back into its galar form when it send it into battle it says it activates its zen mode and turns back into a standard darmanitan

I'm gonna DM you, but I did work on this for about 2 hours today. I'm still having an issue with the script that handles the changes. Someone on here wrote a script for this but it doesn't look like it's working for me so I'm trying to make my own.

Years
    • Seen today
    I don't know if this is only me or not but my game becomes laggy when I press the turbo button to speed up the game. Sometimes, it would even crash. Plus, the game would frequently pause between move animations. Is there currently a way to stabilize my game so that it doesn't lag?

Years
    I don't know if this is only me or not but my game becomes laggy when I press the turbo button to speed up the game. Sometimes, it would even crash. Plus, the game would frequently pause between move animations. Is there currently a way to stabilize my game so that it doesn't lag?

So the turbo mode is a plugin that has up to 10 speeds, unfortunately it doesn't work super well with Reborn's move animations. I personally try to use it in bursts (like after selecting my first move in battle) rather than constantly which seems to help. Some developers include multiple speed options which I may consider, a lot of players get confused with the multiple settings I've found which is why I stuck with just one. I have it on one of the lowest settings which makes me hesitate going much lower, but maybe that might be better. I'll talk and test some things out. Sorry long answer that isn't super helpful lol but that's what I know about it for now, thanks for reaching out!

Years
    how many hours approx is the playtime?

The fastest I've heard is 15 hours, I think most are closer to 20-25 (including post-game). Kinda depends on playstyle, I have a lot of optional battles during the post game as well and I'm never sure how much time was spent on those for each player. My personal time was 23 hours.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2022
    Found a bug. Whenever I catch a Furfrou in the Normal Cave at the beginning of the game, the game says
    "Script 'PSystem_Utilities' line 860: TypeError occurred.
    cannot convert false into integer" and then the game crashes. I've tried just defeating a Furfrou and also catching/defeating other pokemon in the Normal Cave and the game is fine. It's only when I specifically catch a Furfrou.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    game is great so far, i just noticed that 'draining kiss' only has 10 power, i think its at least 50, is there a reason for this?

Years
    Found a bug. Whenever I catch a Furfrou in the Normal Cave at the beginning of the game, the game says
    cannot convert false into integer" and then the game crashes. I've tried just defeating a Furfrou and also catching/defeating other pokemon in the Normal Cave and the game is fine. It's only when I specifically catch a Furfrou.

game is great so far, i just noticed that 'draining kiss' only has 10 power, i think its at least 50, is there a reason for this?

Thanks for finding those, guys! I'm out of town at the moment but I'll look into those this weekend. Definitely neither of those things should be behaving that way haha.

Years
    ok so im still having trouble with the galarian darmanitan, after the darumaka evolves it still turns into a normal darmanitan stuck in zenmode but when i use the form changer to turn it back into its galar form when it send it into battle it says it activates its zen mode and turns back into a standard darmanitan

All of the above fixed in version 3.2! Let me know if you find any other issues, and thanks for reaching out!

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    Was wondering if roaming shinies work the same as other games? As in do they reset with entering a cave?

Years
    Was wondering if roaming shinies work the same as other games? As in do they reset with entering a cave?

So I'm not super familiar with shiny mechanics, but if you mean the Pidgey in flying cave that will always be shiny :) (mega stone available during main story as well). If you mean random grass encounters, I didn't alter it so that would be however it normally works in Essentials 17.2

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2023
    This game is pretty awesome ^^. It was such a fun experience. Tho the rare freeze was annoying.

Years
    • Seen today
    So here's a bug I found: I can't leave Unaware House 2F to go to 1F without pressing a key ('C' in my case). Otherwise, the stairs block you like any wall.

Years
    This game is pretty awesome ^^. It was such a fun experience. Tho the rare freeze was annoying.

Hey thanks so much for reaching out! It always means a lot to hear that :) Yeah I've been trying to look into the freezes, it seems it's not related to device type, I think the move animations and turbo mode are factors. I tried to always use map transfers to help but some areas have many events like with roaming Pokemon which can contribute to that as well.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    2 questions:

Is there a way to randomize the game including trainers?

my tall random grass encounters do you mean true random across all pokemon in the game or is there set pokemon in all tall grass

Years
    2 questions:

Is there a way to randomize the game including trainers?

my tall random grass encounters do you mean true random across all pokemon in the game or is there set pokemon in all tall grass

Hey thanks for reaching out! First question, I don't know of a way for the player to do that in Pokemon Essentials unfortunately, it might be possible if you messed around with the actual scripts of the game but I haven't personally ever done that.
    Second question, nah if you look in the PBS folder under encounters you'll actually see the exact encounters that are possible in wild grass, I only say it that way to differentiate between those and "roaming" pokemon in the overworld, if that makes sense.

You might find debug menu being on helpful if you're needing modifications made to suit your preferred playstyle, which I happily provide to players! https://www.mediafire.com/file/rtht3x4abjfhmxe/Scripts_-_acceptance_debug.rxdata/file
    My only note with any changes to the catchable pokemon, it won't quite line up with the story at times, or you may find yourself overpowered. Part of the premise of acceptance is that most strong Pokemon have been forcibly removed from the PokePark, which encourages players to use Pokemon they haven't used before, while giving an environment of opponents, move tutors, etc. that make using those weaker pokemon actually viable.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2021
    Ahh! My deepest apologies, what's really frustrating about that, is I had a beta tester catch that same issue and I could have sworn I had that fixed! I believe the issue should be resolved now with version 2.1 that I am in the process of uploading. Future players shouldn't notice an issue, in your case if you walk onto the tile next to the pond where Delibird initially froze it (2nd from right) it should re-freeze :) Let me know if that doesn't work!

well... the game is now softlocked- the wailmer is on the wrong side and i cant cross now- im stuck back at the boardwalk because of it-

Last edited:
    Years
    well... the game is now softlocked- the wailmer is on the wrong side and i cant cross now- im stuck back at the boardwalk because of it-

Thanks for letting me know! Do you think you can possibly send me your save file so I can look into maybe trying to release a patch for it? I haven't been able to create that bug on my end. It's located in Users -> *user* -> Saved Games -> Pokemon Acceptance
    In the meantime, I can give you the debug file, which you can place in the data folder, if you do that and hold left control key you can walk across the water again. https://www.mediafire.com/file/rtht3x4abjfhmxe/Scripts_-_acceptance_debug.rxdata/file

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2021
    Thanks for letting me know! Do you think you can possibly send me your save file so I can look into maybe trying to release a patch for it? I haven't been able to create that bug on my end. It's located in Users -> *user* -> Saved Games -> Pokemon Acceptance
    In the meantime, I can give you the debug file, which you can place in the data folder, if you do that and hold left control key you can walk across the water again. https://www.mediafire.com/file/rtht3x4abjfhmxe/Scripts_-_acceptance_debug.rxdata/file

how do i send the file?

Back