• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Action Battle MMORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

大輔

Adventurer
    Years
    Hello pokecommunity!!

I'd like to announce a game that I am starting up. It is called...

POKEMON ACTION BATTLE

This game will feature an action battle system allowing you to send out all of your pokemon while walking around. The two front pokemon are the two pokemon in which can battle. you will be able to switch from trainer to pokemon allowing you to control the pokemon's actions such as running, jumping, dodging, walking, attacking etc. The trainer will also have hp and a few skills as well. Some of these skills will be punching, kicking, riding a pokemon, riding bikes and other vehicles, etc. The game will start in kanto, but we will add routes and cities along the way. Another feature that will be included is that wild pokemon can be seen while walking around.

I am the only one who is working on this at the moment and I will need a team. Here is a list:

Spriters:
    Mappers: 1 (Dabeatmaster123)
    Attack Spriters:
    Coders:
    Game Developers:
    Quest Team: 4 (Vivo, Vgmaster, Cesa, Obsessed Gamer)
    Sound/Music Designers: 1 (Dabeatmaster123)

Programs:
    Adobe Photoshop
    Paintshop pro
    VC ++

NOTE: For the spriters and mappers, please keep in mind we aren't using the small chibi pokemon trainer sprites. Instead we are making full body sprites because the player will be able to wear clothes and other accessories. The pokemon as well will not be chibis, they will be as big as they need to be according to the size of the trainer. Another aspect to the game is that the pokemon trainer can be different ages. The age determines how tall your character is. The towns MUST be actual towns and cities instead of them being 4 buildings and call it a city. The towns and cities must have a decent number of houses, shops, and other buildings.

Another thing about the game is that the quests will somehow follow the story of pokemon special. HOWEVER we are going to have our own twist to it and there will also be boss battles. Boss battles will be able to be refought through "Bill's Remember Chamber" which is still being decided. The legendary pokemon can only be caught through tough quests, and even when you catch a legendary pokemon, you can only have it on your team for so long before it has to be put back in your pc to charge.

The pokemon league will actually be a tournament instead of the elite four. There will also be tournement halls in some of the cities and if you win you get certain prizes. There will also be an option for trainers to start in any city or town, and the gym battles will be fought via a ranking system.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

I will need all the help I can get!!

Last edited:

cesa

Teh Game Developah
    Years
    Glad I got accepted :)

Btw, where are the Pokemon Action Battle forums?

大輔

Adventurer
    Years
    Most of the important buildings will be accessible and there will also be other buildings where you can talk to characters for quests and other hints.

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
    Years
    I'm interested in this... How much have you done so far? Anything substantial yet?

I doubt you can link to other forums on the PC... So, you'll probably have to remove the link.

And Dev-C++? It's outdated, and there are better options available. It was last updated in Feb 2005, really old.
    There are other options, but I personally recommend VC++. Easy to program, and probably the best debugger out there.

大輔

Adventurer
    Years
    Oh I see, thanks for the assistance ^_^. Well we just started like a few days ago, and we are making our own sprites for this so we aren't that far into the the project, although we do have a map layout for pallet town. Its just a crappy drawing of where the buildings might go and everything. We will most likely make a demo of pallet town allowing you to do a couple of quests and a few other things.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Err... yeah...

There is no evident progress on this game, and I see very little in the way of actual ideas. When you get something together try posting it in the Drawing Board, where projects with little progress belong.

*LOCKED*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back