• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LeafGreen hack: Pokemon: Advanced Adventure

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
*GAME-BREAKING BUG*

The save type I used was
-Automatic
-Flash128K
on VisualBoy Advance

*ISSUE KINDA TEMPORARILY FIXED-ISH.*
So the only reason why this happened was because of all those Bad/Invisible eggs...
I used an external program called A-Save V.122 to acces my PC-box and erase all the bad/invi-eggs and I reloaded my save...
That seems to have fixed it...kinda.
It does require me to do this over and over a lot because for some reason my game creates a big bunch of those eggs ;s

*ISSUE KINDA TEMPORARILY FIXED-ISH*

Hey so I beat the Elite 4 and stuff, had no bugs whatsoever on the way there...
Except for this strange one when talking to "Drake" the dragontype elitist:
tumblr_n1kb0fc8nI1r61reao1_500.png

So basically what happend was, I walked right up to him, pressed A.
My character walked the same distance from the main entrance to drake, but through drake and the door.
After winning the battle it goes into the black void and randomly enters a non-existent "Door" and I'm all good again.

continued by;
Once I get to the main villain of the game, your rival, you walk into the big giant room ready to fight this man head-on... you walk up to him, press A and everything freezes.
The music does continue playing though??

I tried a newly fresh patched ROM, and the rom I patched was a fresh clean version of LEAF GREEN.

Here's a screenshot of what the scenario ends up looking like, with the music still playing...
tumblr_n1joz1CIEj1r61reao1_500.png

**EDIT**
If I do not speak to my rival, I am allowed to freely roam the area, and even venture into the next room where the Leaf Green's actual automated sequence starts, where you "beat your rival and you get recorded into the hall of fame"
Here's what I'm talking about:
tumblr_n1k9oyxS5G1r61reao1_500.jpg

AND
tumblr_n1k9ulSpJN1r61reao1_500.jpg

That's pretty funny and all but because I can't actually start the conversation with my rival, I will miss out on all the events from this point on.
Oak still tells me I need to stop the HQ so I went through the HQ again and beat the E4 which is shown below:
tumblr_n1k9z5gJ1e1r61reao1_500.jpg

and I STILL end up with the same bug,
Which in turns means I'm missing out on mew, mewtwo, the 'gods'(?) etc. etc.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!
I also noticed that when I walk through some towns and check my pokebox;
I'm gaining more sprite-issues...
tumblr_n1ke9i5wHU1r61reao1_500.jpg

and I also seem to have randomly gained a ton of bad-EGGs and invisible eggs.
tumblr_n1ke9i5wHU1r61reao2_250.jpg

tumblr_n1ke9i5wHU1r61reao3_250.png

**ANOTHER EDIT**
So after my little temporary fix, the game was still messing up. this time, I had defeated the HQ, I actually have gotten mew, I got to see the sages, and yet... this;
tumblr_n1ke9i5wHU1r61reao4_r1_500.png

is my next problem.
None of these guys let me through; they're still standing there.

This also keeps happening everytime I fly back to Darkness Creek.
tumblr_n1ke9i5wHU1r61reao5_r1_500.png

This was followed by issues, like these;
tumblr_n1ke9i5wHU1r61reao6_r1_500.png

where's oak?

tumblr_n1ke9i5wHU1r61reao7_r1_500.png

This one is funny because after this event I actually gain another pikachu and it's in my box.

tumblr_n1ke9i5wHU1r61reao8_r1_500.png

He seriously gave me 5 pokeballs... again.

I will keep updating as much as I can, untill I finally get in contact with anyone able to help me, or the RomHack creator himself.
I absolutely loved this ROM and I'm planning on finishing it so I hope to get some help soon!

~Help would be appreciated.~

Last edited:
Reactions: Raj
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 7, 2016
After the opening battle sequence my screen is just black. Can anyone help? And saying "i dunno, it worked for me" doenst help me much. Thanks.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
After the opening battle sequence my screen is just black. Can anyone help? And saying "i dunno, it worked for me" doenst help me much. Thanks.

is your Savetype 128K?
To check this just locate your savefile and look at its size, if it's 64K you should erase it and do this directly in VBA before starting a new game and saving again:
Options > Emulator > Save Type > Flash 128K

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Mar 10, 2014
So ive just beat the ruler of the Hq and the post story never started, what do i do?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
Hey just wondering if there any gameshark cheat codes
Also any good places to train lvl 50-60? Thankd great hack!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2014
Hey dbzmay I was wondering if for a newer fix u may add the 3 starters from Gen 4 please we would all appreciate it or if u can put it so that I don't have to start over again please

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 5, 2015
So,using iOS 6.1.6 on the GBA4IOS app for the iPod, I'm on the advanced adventure game which is fun, BUT I cannot get through the part at the top of the mountain(dragon's lair) in the dragon city. I try talking to my nemesis, and also the guy standing next to him, but the game glitches out, and i have to restart the app the even be able to move around. I would put up a screenshot but this website won't let me. Please fix this glitch on the game, that doesn't allow me to continue on to the Pokemon "wreaking havoc" on the city. Another less important glitch that has the same effect is in the ghost city, with an old man looking at a sign. You can't talk to him but it's not as important ad the one in the dragon city.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 21, 2014
I keep on freezing when trying to enter the Gym/Pokécenter in Normal Village?
can anyone help?

Years
So far having fun just wondering if there is a text walkthrough YouTube is a pain to load on my phone

Furthermore found your game on coolroms was looking for my next adventure can't wait to battle the gods

The_Goddone

Pokemon Master
Years
Ok, so I played this game (started 2 days ago) and really liked it... I am using OpenEMU on a mac with VisualBoyAdvance driver. I ran into some problems, but patched a new one and transferred my save state over to the new patched/updated game, and I now only have 2 problems.

1. I HAVE A BREED OF BAD EGGS !!!! (box 2, slot 27/30), and I have stored them in Box 4 for now to not spread too much, as I had this problem in many other pokemon games, especially Emerald.

2. I CANT PASS OAK!!! so I beat the whole game up until the point of stairway to heaven, where i go through the last set of stairs, and THIS OAK DUDE IS IN MA WAY... he acts as a wall. its very mean.

PLEASE ANYONE HELP ME FIND A SOLUTION TO THIS!!! I was so let down when I got there and couldn't talk to oak, then I looked at a walkthrough to see that I was being deprived of one hell of a good ending.

I JUST WANT TO FINISH THE GAME PROPERLY!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 2, 2014
after beating human god, brendon(right??), that is the end of the beta ?? if not, can u give me a walkthrough or what next to do .. tnx

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
i cant get into the stairway to heaven. It wont let me go into the cave it looks like i can but it like im walking into a wall. I downloaded one of the older versions of the roms so i had to patch the new update so i could do the post-elite four stuff it won't let me in the cave. i saw that you said to download a clean leafgreen rom and patch it but when i did the save file didn't transfer. I REALLLY want to play the last little bit without having to play the whole thing over again. Is there a way to do that? please help!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Please help,
The start menu won't load, it just goes black after Nidorino and Gengar. I downloaded the latest version and tried switching save types.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014

I have the same problem, the game shows Nido vs Gengar and goes black afterwards. The game doesen't work at all on the save type 64k.

Years
I'm stuck in ghost town.

Game freezes when I talk to the guy in the middle of the town. Also they say I need to rescue a Gengar. I went north and I kicked Gary's ass, but I can't go upstairs in the building. It's obviously not working... =/

EDIT: yeah the building in the north is the haunted tower, which is empty and I can't go upstairs. Also I can't go south cause the guy stands in my way saying I need to save the poor Gengar. It's too bad really, cause I was enjoying the game. I like the tyrant Arcanine and the tyrant Zangoose that I have in my team. I like the concept. It's all nice. Too bad I'm stuck there. Also I have a bad egg and 2 invisible eggs. I made a copy of my saved game and tried to edit that so that I can delete the eggs. Doesn't bring a positive result. After that, the game freezes even in the stat menu when I check my team. =_=

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 6, 2014
Why I cant see mewtwo in other dimension? I search everywhere but I found nothing. Can someone help me for this?

Back