• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Adventure- The Tale of Ruby[megarceus]

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
Pokemon Adventure- The Tale of Ruby[megarceus]

Hello, PokeCom! This is my first Pokemon Essentials Hack- Pokemon Adventure- The Tale of Ruby, a game that follows the Pokemon RubySapphire Manga.

Why did you make the game, Megarceus?
Well, Hoenn is one of my favourite regions, so that's reason number one. Secondly, I love the Hoenn legendaries. Thirdly, Aethestode's hacks (Pokemon Adventures- Red, Green and Yellow Chapters were really awesome, so there lies my inspiration and fourth, the RubySapphire Manga is THE best Pokemon Manga in the series. And I figured that since Ruby doesn't do any gyms in the Manga, the game would have a unique twist to it.
Features:
☼All 721 Pokemon catchable in the post-game.
☼Mega-Swampert, Mega-Latios, and more
☼3D animated XY ripped sprites(►___◄)
☼StoryRich gameplay and event based evolution- levels don't count anymore!
☼An Epic Clash between Legendaries
☼Follows the entire Manga directly.
☼Legendaries unlocked in the post game ONLY.

ScreenShots- 'cuz ya can't do a thread without 'em.
lHOOMmd.png
lHOOMmd.png

61dbySd.png
EltwAaY.png
N4lIOLA.png
zVxb2bu.png

What YOU can do!

Needed Members for team- TileSet maker, Awesome Spriter and A manga expert.
For contacting, email [email protected] and mention PokeCommunity. I'll understand!

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
Years
Overall, I think it looks kinda interesting. I just started reading the Pokemon Adventures Manga not that long ago, though I haven't really gotten all the way to the Hoenn part yet.

Truthfully, my only nit-pick with this is the 3D Sprites. Are they cool? Yes. They are. But they increase the file size quite significantly, I think sometimes an extra 800mbs but I might be wrong, and stand out against the rest of the game's 2D style. You can use them if you want, but I feel like the standard static sprites are more appealing.

Oh, and one other small, insignificant detail. This isn't really a hack. Essentials is designed as a kit to create games in, not something that you hack into and manipulate to make a game. Just sayin' ;).

Whelp. That's all I've got to say. I wish you luck!

Back