• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Adventures "Platinum" released by VIZ on Feb. 2011

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
    *inb4 wangsting/bashing/trolling against VIZ*

Actually Netto, the other volumes are being released.
    Vol. 11 and 12 are coming out too, so don't count out R/S, Fr/Lg, and Emerald arc out yet.

Although, I am curious about two things.

1. Why with the sudden catch up? (I guess fans putting the heat on VIZ again?)
    2. Why with the "1" on the cover? Shouldn't it be "30"?
    (yeah, I know that was 4 questions..)

Last edited:

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    1. Why with the sudden catch up? (I guess fans putting the heat on VIZ again?)

How far did they get? The end of Yellow? I suppose you could say that they thought manga based on the recent games would sell better, but you could also say that the GSC arc would work well at this point with HGSS being the most recent games out.

Regardless, I do believe this is no more accessible to me than Chuang Yi, so whatever. Still nice to know they're trying I guess.

chamo-chan

Years
    How far did they get? The end of Yellow? I suppose you could say that they thought manga based on the recent games would sell better, but you could also say that the GSC arc would work well at this point with HGSS being the most recent games out.

Regardless, I do believe this is no more accessible to me than Chuang Yi, so whatever. Still nice to know they're trying I guess.

True, Maybe Viz is trying to cash in on all this Gen4/HGSS hype before the coming of Pokemon Black and White.

Hm, I can still buy Pokemon Adventures at Barnes and Noble though. (I just don't have money at the moment.)

Also, my sister gave me a possible reason for why VIZ numbered the D/P arc of PokeSpe as "1" instead of "30".

Viz also translated another manga called "Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventure!", so perhaps Viz thinks that if they release the D/P arc of Pokemon Adventures as vol 30, fans of DPA! might get confused about the sudden jump as well (DPA! is actually pretty popular.)

of course, my sister and I could be wrong, but idk, seems like a reasonable explanation at the moment.

SuperLink

Lost focus when she dissed me!
    Years
    OK... I'm extremely weirded out by this. When Viz finally do catch up, it will be weird for it to start from 1 again...

What I want to know is, why is it called Platinum? I thought Platinum was the arc after D/P?

And what about spoilers? Won't D/P/P/HG/SS have spoilers for the arcs that Viz have yet to catch up on? In any case I really hope this doesn't effect the release of Ruby/Sapphire... that's my favourite arc by far.

diusfushdfkhdsoifvjsodj.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Not a bad release actually; especially here in the UK where the manga doesn't get sold in most shops. I'm sure once I get some spare cash, I'll order this and a couple of other Pokemon Special series too.

Although I don't understand the order they're releasing it in. If they've translated the manga before, won't it be better to resell them in chronological order? The way Viz did it does seem a little confusing.

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
    Oh my God.... I am SOOOO confused!!

Damn! And I was REALLY looking forward to owning the GSC and FRLG arcs, my favorites!

I just don't understand why they decided to interrupt the GSC saga mid-arc to release Platinum. And why are they calling it Platinum? The Platinum Arc takes place at the Sinnoh Battle Frontier, right?

I'm not complaining; I'm just REALLY confused!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lol.....this is stupid......in Britain (well, amazon.co.uk) they only got up to Volume 10....dunno about US....

Maybe it's because there's no way anybody on the internet has seen it yet? They'll have known older volumes were on mangafox etc. for ages...but it's impossible for Platinum (or D/P, whichever it is) to have been online for as long. So I guess they figured there's more money to be made from it...

SuperLink

Years
    Wow they've already confirmed Volumes 11 and 12 when they only confirmed Volumes 9 and 10 a few weeks ago?

So they'll be releasing them alongside each other.... I wonder if R/S will start from Volume 1 like Platinum has? Does anyone know if Platinum Vol. 2 has been confirmed yet?

Plus it seems that Viz are calling the entirety of D/P/Pt "Platinum", even though it was initially split into two arcs (Diamond and Pearl, followed by Platinum)

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    Why in the hell would you skip the third generation? Apparently, they just want to hurry to the current generation, that or they're too lazy, or they have forgotten that the third gen games ever existed.......

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    This is madness. :|
    And this entire madness begun when they shut DragonGuard down. It's still beyond my understanding.
    Numbering the volume 30 "1" is stupid and confusing. KILL VIZ !
    Oh, on a sidenote, I read DPA!. It's actually quite stupid and weirdly done. I didn't like it... U_U

chamo-chan

Years
    Why in the hell would you skip the third generation? Apparently, they just want to hurry to the current generation, that or they're too lazy, or they have forgotten that the third gen games ever existed.......

Hey, Take the time to read before making a comment like this.
    They are translating GSC, RS, and the other arcs as well!
    This is madness. :|
    And this entire madness begun when they shut DragonGuard down. It's still beyond my understanding.
    Numbering the volume 30 "1" is stupid and confusing. KILL VIZ !
    Oh, on a sidenote, I read DPA!. It's actually quite stupid and weirdly done. I didn't like it... U_U

Seriously, why are people still wangsting about this?
    The important thing is that Viz is actually re-translating the manga.
    Sure, it may have been justified a few years ago when they stopped, but it is not anymore.
    Just stop whining about stuff you can already get.

The Who?

What is THIS doing in my hat?!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    You mean a sequel to the DP adventure series? Cause' I'm a HUGE fan!

SuperLink

Years
    You mean a sequel to the DP adventure series? Cause' I'm a HUGE fan!

Nooo this is the D/P arc of Pokémon Adventures/Special.

But don't worry, a BW Adventure series has been pretty much confirmed, which I guess you could consider a sequel to DP Adventure.

-jrdn-

Prodigy of New Bark Town
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2010
    This is incredible news. Hopefully within the next couple months a R/S series or FR/LG will be confirmed as well. Now, i haven't read through the series in it's entirety but is there any overlapping of RBY/GSC in RS? Because that could be a possibility as to why they are keeping DPP it's own "series".

Idk All I know Is I am so glad they are bringing this series back here!

The S

The Reverend
    Years
    This is Viz we're talking about. Look what they do with Shonen Jump: they release it in order up to a certain point, then they skip massive amounts of volumes to where they're within a year or so of where Japan is in terms of story, and then sells the stories in between the gap as tankobon.

Mewtwo152

nomnomnomnonmnom
    Years
    So, are they gonna be going back from the D/P/Pt. arc, or release it alongside R/S arc?
    I really don't mind the number change, tbh. I'm just glad I can read them in book form again.

Back