• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Adventures; The Void Beyond the Rainbow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
Jack stared at the beautiful meadow along the shore.

"Byeeeee" Jack screamed to the mystery man who took him to Houtei Town as he fell onto the planks of the dock. "Could be worse" he thought as he remembered clips of Hoenn's funniest home videos.

"Now he told me that there's a professor who can give me a pokemon" Jack thought while hesitantly walking up towards the town. "Maybe I should buy something" he thought staring at a poke mart near the begining of the road.

"Hello" he said while biting his nails. "Yes I'll be right there in a minute" the salesclerk replied sending him chills. He began biting his nails faster and beads of sweat formed on his forehead. "I can't do it" he screamed as he ran out the door with tears dropping.

He was scared and nervious. "Nobody wants someone like me, why bother showing up" he mumbled while crying. "But that man, he was so nice to me and he told me that I should get a pokemon. I'll do it for him." he continued rising with confidence.

He still walked towards Korin's laboratory shaking and nervous. As he aproached the lab he noticed a confident boy with a chikorita. "What I would give to be like him. He probably has a happy family and a great personality." he thought as he passed the boy and entered the lab. "SO, we have ANOTHER contender" Professor Korin shouted from the other side of what he could tell was a battle arena. Her words shook him and she threw a pokeball at him. The pokeball landed inbetween his feet and a peppy Piplup emerged from the ball. He slowly stretched his arm to pet the pokemon who chirped gleefully at him.

This is quite simple," she called, "You just have to beat me, and you get to keep the Piplup and you get a dex, balls and map, as well as entry into the official Pokémon league challenge." He was scared and worried, this was what the man wanted him to do. "Piplup will you help me?" he asked nervously to the pokemon bouncing around. She had sent out a Clamperl; it was Piplup vs Clamperl.

"Ummm, Piplup use pound" he said to Piplup with uncertainty in his voice. "Iron Defense" the professor responded. Piplup ran up to the Clamperl and slugged it, but to no success. "Clamperl's shell is to tough" Jack thought. "Water Gun" she said taking advantage of his insecurity. The Clamperl spat water at Piplup, but with little damage taken.

"Piplup pound the left side" Jack finally said. Piplup hit Clamperl from the side knocking it into the wall. "Now the bottom". Piplup slugged it into the corner. "Now keep hitting it into the wall". Piplup repeatedly knocked Clamperl into the wall. After being knocked into the wall about seven times the Clamperl opened up and had fainted. The professor had been impressed.

"Alright, here is your Pokedex and map and here are your pokeballs." she said handing him the mentioned items. He put the items in his backpack and looked at his jolly Piplup. "I'm glad you could help me" he said with a faint smile and he walked out the door ready for where ever life would place him next.

Years
  • MA
  • Seen Feb 16, 2009
A new begining

Thomas Anderson woke early, positively bursting with energy for the day ahead. Because, today was the first day of the rest of his life, today was the day he got his first Pokémon. He could hardly wait, and positively leaped out of bed.

He grabbed his wallet, thin though it was, and stuffed it in his pocket. He sighed, it may not be much, he had never been able to keep a part time job for long, but it would have to do. Grabbing his backpack from the foot of the bed, he quickly stuffed a few useful things into it. First some clothes, then some rope, a flashlight, and lots more. Thomas swung the backpack onto his shoulders and walked downstairs.

As he tiptoed down the stairs he saw his mom sitting at the kitchen table. As he entered, she sedately looked up at him.

"Mom, I'm leaving today to go on my Pokémon journey" Tom preemptively told her.

"Oh? Is that so?" his Mom replied "When will you be back?"

"Not for awhile Mom, that's why it's called a journey, maybe not for years" Tom said, sadly.

"Well Thomas, if that's what you want then I wish you good luck." His Mom whispered tranquilly.

"Thanks Mom" Thomas replied, realizing the hopelessness of the situation. "well I'll see you when I get back". Lingering by the door for awhile, he finally opened it and hefting his pack he walked out to get his Pokémon.

Thomas Anderson walked through the quiet village, barely resisting the urge to scream his joy out loud. Although his house was far outside the village, Tom knew the territory by heart, so it took him less then three minutes to get to the laboratory.

As he prepared to enter the lab Thomas stopped to glance at his watch. It was only then that he realized it was only 9 AM. Damn it, he thought, I'm early, oh well, may as well go in. So, he boldly strode into the lab. When he entered the room he saw one woman, presumable Professor Korin sitting at a desk, presumably reading a memo or something. As Tom entered the Professor looked up, surprised that someone was here this early.

"Hello, you're here early, so I assume you want your Pokémon?" the Professor asked Tom. Tom wordlessly nodded.

"So, we have our first contender! Unfortunately, I cannot let a weakling go out into the world. So, before I let you go out into the world, I must test you." shouted the Professor. Before he could react lights erupted from the floor, and Tom realized with a start that this part of the lab was just one big arena. As he was examining the floor, the Professor threw a pokeball at him. Tom caught the pokeball and released the Pokémon inside. A Pikachu sprang out, ready for action. In response the Professor grabbed a pokeball from her belt, and let loose the Pokémon inside: out popped a Clamperl.

The Professor yelled "Clamperl use water gun!" As she spoke a blast of water flew from Clamperl's mouth.

Tom smiled, an electric type this should be easy. "Pikachu, quickly use your thunder-" just then a burst of water hit the Pikachu, and threw it threw the air.

"Good Clamperl" The Professor encouraged "Use water gun again!" Again water burst from the Pokémon's mouth flying at Pikachu.

"Pikachu, dodge, and use thunder shock" Tom yelled at Pikachu. Pikachu dodged, and concentrating for a second unleashed a bolt of thunder. The thunder lanced through the air and hit Clamperl, throwing it out of the arena.

"No, Clamperl get up" Shouted the Professor, but Clamperl did not rise. "Well, it looks like you are worthy of these" the Professor told Tom. Saying this she threw him a small bag. Tom glanced inside the bag, and saw that it contained not only a Pokedex, but also some pokeball's and a map.

"Thanks a lot Professor" Tom exclaimed as he walked out of the Lab. Once again energized, he ran out of the village, ready to claim his legend.

Gewitterdrache27

Means Tempest Dragon
Years
Zane flopped out of bed and landed in a heap of blankets. He unwrapped himself from the warm trap and quickly got ready to go. He grabbed his ID, money, a Poke Ball, and a Potion that he had bought. Unfortunately, he had little money, but that mattered little to him. He was going to get his Torchic today.

As he went out the door his father bade him farewell. Zane was ready to go and become a Pokemon Master! As he walked towards the professor's building, he saw a delighted young chap with his Pikachu. He waved and continued walking. He had a goal.

He didn't knock. He barged into the lab. The Professor yelled at him. Something about doors needing to be knocked. Zane didn't care.

"Trivial social concepts will lead me to ruin, Professor." He answered cooly. "I've come to get a Torchic, please."

The Professor was still angry at him, but smiled. Her Clampearl would easily defeat the fire type.

As Zane took the ball, he let out a brave Torchic that stood steadfast. As the Professor let out her Clampearl, the Torchic yeilded not, awaiting orders.

Zane was the first one to take action. "Torchic, this will be tough. I want you to run in a zig-zag pattern while growling. Do it towards Clampearl." Torchic obeyed well.

"Water Gun, Clampearl!" Shouted over and over again. But the Zig-Zag made it almost impossible to hit the determined torchic. As it got closer, the professor told it to use acid armor.

Torchic arrived. Clampearl used whirlpoos to shield itself from a potential attack, while acid armoring.

Zane sneered. "you are the previous champion, eh? Let's make this quick. Torchic, leap up high!" Torchic obeyed, so high that it was above the whirlpool. "Now, come back down at Clampearl, high velocity, scratching all the way!" It was a fantastic display. The Clampearl's defense was too high, though. After a while Clampearl was told to clamp, which it did. Torchic started to freak out.

Zane refused to give up, Poor Torchic's feet were inside the Clampearl. THE FEET! he thought. "Torchic, use scratch!" Torchic obediantly scratched at the clampearl from the inside, which made it faint quickly.

The Professor was astounded. She returned her clampearl. She then threw Zane a bag with 4 Poke Balls in it, as well as a map.

She then handed him a Pokedex and told him what it is and what it was about.

Zane then patted Torchic on the head. "You deserve a good rest. Let's go." he said to the Torchic and left the building.

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
Years
Gage stood alone in a peaceful graveyard slowly lying a single flower upon his momthers graves and uttering with a small grin " I promise you Mum I'm going to be one of the greatest trainers there ever was, I'm gunna make you proud." The watch on his wrist began to beep wildly telling him it's time he head down to Prof. Korins lab before the other kids do. He hiked up his large backpack and yelled as if to every other trainer " YOU JUST WATCH OUT BECAUSE HERE I COME!"

Gage arrived in the lab just in time to witness the end of a pokemon battle between Korins Clamperl and an oddly grim young mans Torchic. The boy (whos name seemed to be Zane) won and departed wth the Torchic a pokedex and a few balls. As soon as Gage noticed the profesors pokemon was nice and healed up agian he yelled out " If it's alright I would really like to go next please".

She handed him a pokeball which he gladly accepted and almost immidiatly fumbled to open releasing the pokemon inside. The pokemon; Duskull flew around the room and eventually found its way onto Gages head where it began pulling his hair and exclaiming "DUUUSSKKKS!" The professor noted " Wow he really seems to like you kid, but lets see how well he battles!" and at that she released her now refreshed Clamperl ready for battle.

"Clamperl used water gun!" said the profesor.

As the shot of water came speeding towards Gages Duskull he shouted "Duskull dodge and use leer!"

Duskull very barely escaped the water burst but quickly flew right up into the clamperls face and let out a deep leer frightening it considerably and causing it to close its shell. "Now Duskull use your nightshade attack!" On command the odd little ghost let shadows extend from his body and watched as they began to consume the clamlike pokemon.

"Clamperl no! Snap out of it and use your whirlpool attack!" the water pokemon forced its shell open expelling the darkness around it and sent a huge spinning torrent of water towards the Duskulls way trapping him in a vortex of liquid.

Gage had to think quickly now " Duskull!" he yelled " Float forwads into the cent of the whirlpool and use another nightshade attack aimed into the clamperls shell.
The Clamperl couldn't do anything to defend itself because it had to hold hit shell open to use waterfall and eventually its eyes rolled back into its head and it had fainted.

"Way to go Dusks!" Gage pronounced has he let the ghost pokemon rest on his head once more. Profesor Koren handed him a pokedex, map, and 5 pokeballs and said with a small smile "You be careful, I'm counting on you" And with that Gage left on his journey to become a legend.

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
Years
Sign-Up Sheet
Name: Will
Date of Birth: 6/24/97
Appearance: Will is smaller in stature. He is shorter then most people his age standing at about 5 foot 3 and weighs about 95 lbs. His hair is ruffled due to the fact that Will never combs his hair. He wears a black T shirt and brown shorts/pants depending on how hot or how cold it is.​

Will also carries around a green backpack which holds various items in side. One of these items is a cloak which is all sorts of greens(the color). He wears it sometimes and when sompletely still he is vertualy invisable. His eyes are a beady black and he wears a a silver leaf pendant on his cloak to keep it closed. He also wears a belt with 6 pokeball slots and a Pokedex case on his belt too. And he always has his cell phone in his pocket.​

Personality: Will is in a word isolated. He is shuned out of evreything and doesn't know why. He thinks its because his father was a knight and died in a war when Will was only 2. Will is very secretive and is very sneaky. He usually listens in on conversations and nobody knows he is nearby. He can scale up the side of huge walls and cliffs without making a sound and when he walks he is silent. He has only once in his whole life ever had a friend. Horace was his name. Horace and Will where born at the same place, same day, and mysteriously the same exact time. They understood each other because Horace's father was killed in the exact same warr Will's father was.​

History: Will was born and raised in Houtie Town, Faria. He had 2 older brothers and one younger brother. His father died when Will was two, his brother Max and brother Halt were 6, and when Josh was 1. Josh died of a terrible disease when he was 4 and Will felt like it was his falt.​

All his life he was tormented by his brothers and shuned out of everything. Then, that all changed when he met his soon to be best friend. He met Horace at an ice cream stand and they talked. They soon found out they were vertualy the exact same person just with a different name and appearence. 'Maybe it is just we were born same place, same year, and same time.' Will always said when they brought up the concept, but Horace had doubts.​

A few years later and they both turned 10, and the two found out they were both ferturnal twins, out of a set of ferturnal triplets. Will was speechless. His mother had actually had triplets at the same time. She couldn't raise Horace and the other one so she kept Will and put the others in orphanges. The other one was taken and moved to somewhere else in Faria while Horace was still in Houtei. Now, Horace and Will are setting out on their journeys and Will plans on finding his other ferutrnal triplet.​

Preffered Starter: Wild Card. hmmm. Lets go with something I've never had in a RP how about a Slakoth!!​

Anyway...HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!​

Last edited:

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 25, 2010
Alphic Cruiser
3:00
To: Faria Region

Matthew scanned the ticket in his hand and took a deep breath as he scanned the area. It was 2:30 in the afternoon, and the seaport was bustling with frantic travelers as they frantically looked for their ship. Matthew didn't know where to start. This was the first time he had really ever been alone without his family or his two best friends, Tyshee and Brandon. In fact, he wouldn't have even had a ticket if Brandon didn't snag him one at the last minute. He only wished his friends were with him at that moment.
At that moment, Matthew wondered about his friends. They were all going their separate ways all the sudden. Brandon went to travel around the Faria region as well, and Tyshee……Matthew didn't know where he was at all. About a week before he went on his own journey, Tyshee disappeared. He left him a note the night before saying that he was tired of his life and his father and needed to start fresh somewhere else. Matthew feared for him knowing how reckless he was, and how much he destroyed his father with the decision. He set off frantically to search for him not long after Tyshee ran away.

Everything was changing……

Matthew gulped when he saw the ship that would take him to his destination. Timidly, he stood in line until it was his turn to board the ship. He slowly flashed the ticket and was allowed to board the ship to begin the long journey. Matthew started to worry for his friends again.

……………………………

The journey was long and hard, but Matthew found ways to spend his time. The ship was filled with much to do, but Matthew found himself boarded up in a room for the most part. He discovered some interesting books in Tyshee's room and figured he would bring them to gain some knowledge on his journey. One of them was titled: Pokemon Legends. Pokemon? Matthew didn't know what those were, but the stories were really interesting. One talked of a mystical creature that served as the sea's protector. The stories were filled with much magic and wonder for Matthew. He couldn't believe Tyshee had books like this.

The ship finally landed a whole four days later and Matthew was one of the first ones off. It dumped off the passengers in a sort of desolate area, where they were left to go their own way. Matthew didn't know which way to go at all. Brandon had gotten him a ticket, but not a map.

"Hey, do you need help?" a man asked the confused Matthew. Matthew jumped and looked at the man shyly.

"I- I," he stammered.

The man and pointed his finger off towards Matthew's left. "You should go that way. Houtei Town is perfect for beginner trainers."

"Trainer?" Matthew murmured, but the man didn't hear him. He had already walked off. Shrugging, Matthew headed where the man had pointed. It was really his only chance.

Matthew arrived in the small town not long after he had gotten off his ship. It was quite small, and quite breezy. The bag on Matthew's back blew gently along with the vest on his chest. He walked into the town with his arms crossed, looking side to side quickly.

"Hey, nice getup," laughed a teenage boy he passed by. Matthew ignored him and continued walking. He already knew that this was a horrible idea, and wished he was back home. He wondered exactly where he could maybe stay while he looked for some sort of business to work for some cash.

"Need some help?" A female asked while Matthew wasn't paying attention. He jumped almost straight in the air, making the girl giggle and grab his arm.

"Where are we going?" Matthew asked.

"I'm taking you where all the beginner trainers are meeting," the girl replied.

Trainer. There was that word again. Was that some sort of title here in the Faria region?

"Well, here we are, the Houtei Laboratory," the girl said. "Well, see you!"
"No wait-" Matthew shouted, but the girl ran off. Matthew turned and faced the lab, just standing there and staring at it for a few moments. He took a deep breath. The laboratory was really the only place he knew about. Maybe they could help out a little.

"Hello?" Matthew asked. He walked around, his feet tapping on the shiny lab floor. It was so silent--silent enough where the whole lab rattled with noise when Matthew tripped.

Matthew's foot caught on a pile of books, and he fell flat on his face. His hand caught on some metal instruments on a table, and he dragged them down as well. They clattered on the floor, making the whole lab ring.

When Matthew pulled his head up, he noticed a group of people staring at him. One was a young lady, but the others looked like kids his age. Most of them looked at him disgusted, and some others looked beat red as if they were going to laugh, but holding it back.

"Yes?" asked the lady who was apparently leading the group of kids. "Are you here for your pokemon?"

"My what?" Matthew responded. He quickly stood up and adjusted the metal equipment. "Here, sorry, sorry…." he mumbled as he tried to set it right again.

The lady rolled her eyes and grabbed the boy's arm. "Don't worry about that. You're really late. The other trainers already took their test."

"But- wait- I," Matthew stuttered as the lady dragged him. She cut him off by shoving a red and white orb in an open hand of his.

"Here, you'll need this poke ball," she instructed. She stopped and walked away from Matthew until she was a decent distance away. "Now, show me what you got."

"What the hell are you talking about? What am I supposed to do?" Matthew shouted.

The lady, who had the same orb half way up in the air, lowered it down and looked at Matthew confused. "What? You do not know a thing about pokemon? Where are you from?"

"Not from around here," Matthew replied.

"Then listen to me. I'll show you the basics of a pokemon battle. Just follow what I do," the lady instructed. She held the poke ball high in the air and threw it. It flew in the air and cracked down on the ground. A creature appeared, like one in the book. Matthew suddenly remembered those stories he had read, but couldn't believe it.
"So, these things are real," he mumbled.

"C'mon, what are you waiting for. Throw the poke ball!" the lady shouted. Matthew suddenly sanpped back to reality and looked at the poke ball in his hand. Holding it high in the air, he threw it. It cracked down on the ground, a snake-looking, yet graceful at the same time, appeared. Matthew looked at the thing in awe.

"Now, your pokemon has three forms of attacks: attack, defense, and what I call stat attacks. Your pokemon contains all three right now. Its attack move is Wrap, its defense move is leer, and its stat attack is thunder wave."

Ok…" Matthew murmured. He stood there blankly.

"Well, don't let me give it to you step by step. Try a move out."

"Okay, pokemon, use Leer," Matthew ordered. He felt like a complete fool, but the pokemon followed his orders. Stretching out its body, it glared its eyes directly at the woman's pokemon and stared it down with glowing eyes.

"Good, good, you just lowered my pokemon's defense! Keep going!"
Matthew gulped and pointed his finger in the air. "Use wrap."

The pokemon leaped forward and wrapped around its opponent. The woman's pokemon was being squeezed and compressed, and it shouted out in pain.

"Use whirlpool!" the woman shouted. A typhoon of water surrounded the pokemon and knocked Matthew's off, making it fly off into the ground. "C'mon, you have the basics. Just fight back."

She was talking to Matthew. He gulped and remembered the two moves she just instructed him on.

"Use water gun!" the woman shouted. The pokemon let out jets of water that aimed directly for Matthew's pokemon and hit it. The pokemon cried out and hit the floor, and Matthew watched in pain.

:Okay, clamp that pokemon while it is still down!" the woman ordered. Her pokemon shot forward with its body extended directly at Matthew's. Matthew took a deep breath and pointed his finger in the air.

"Use leer!" he shouted. His pokemon pieced itself back together and glared at the opponent again with the same glowing eyes. It completely froze where it was and its shell lowered. Matthew smiled and figured he was finally getting the hang of it. He pointed his finger once more. "Now use wrap one more time!"

Matthew's pokemon did one final wrap attack, sending the opponent crashing to the ground. Matthew had won and the woman looked at him with a huge smile.

"You have potential," the woman said when they left the battle area. She had introduced herself as Professor Korin when they got back to the area where Matthew had first tripped. Some of the kids had already left.

"Listen to me. I do not know where you came from, and I know that pokemon is new to you, but I think that your destined to be a great trainer if you just start the journey," Korin explained. "There will be hard times, but you may find pokemon a way to grow and unlock bits of yourself that you have maybe never known to have."

Matthew looked down at the ground. He wondered if it was possible to maybe change and become a more confident person.

"Keep the pokemon you battled with. It's name is Dratini and think you'll find it to be a valuable partner," the professor said. She then handed him a few more things. It was some more poke balls,a map, and something he didn't recognize at all.

"This is a pokedex. It will be especially usefull to you. Use it to get data on pokemon you meet. Those poke balls are for capturing pokemon out in the wild. Just throw it at the pokemon to capture it, but know that it will be easier if you weaken it first."

Matthew smiled and nodded. "Thanks," he murmured.

"Don't thank me. Just get out there and start your journey," Korin said smiling. Matthew nodded and rushed out the door to start the journey he never imagined was possible.

(ooc: the battle kind of sucks and I apologize for that. My brain was just fried at that point and I couldn't think anymore. It'll be better in the future.)

rii - chii

Kihihihihi....
Years
alipeewee: That was a pretty nice battle, keep it up! :D
Chikorita leveled up to 7!
Chikorita learned Razor Leaf!

FrozenSnowman: I love the energetic feeling of Prof. Korin! Great post!
Piplup leveled up to 7!

The Kricket: I see that alot of you are relating to the last post, nice effort!
Pikachu leveled up to 7!

Gewitterdrache27: I was pretty interested to see how a Torchic would fair against a water-type, I guess it did okay.
Torchic leveled up to 7!
Torchic learned Focus Energy!

Sumner: Well written, I hope he makes his mom proud ;]
Duskull leveled up to 7!
Duskull learned Disable!

Pikalover10: Interesting choice, nice SU and yes Happy New Year's! ACCEPTED

Dark_Link12:
The battle wasn't that bad, it's just Dratini wasn't that strong yet xD I like the touch of the tutorial.
Dratini leveled up to 7!

OOC:
I will be getting your bios up soon, but I'll need trainers cards for you, so you can post them in the OOC Page ASAP. Also, here is chapter 2!

Chapter 2: Route Green
Number of Posts: 2

"Routes named after colours, what kind of thought is that?"

Description
The first route in the Faria region connecting HouteiTown to PetalTown, the area holds a thick amount of grass.

What to do in a Route/Forest/Cave/Water
Catch Wild Pokémon
Battle Other Trainers
Find/Receive Items

Now you can do anything else besides those things, I mean we're human aren't we? Anyways, you cannot meet any of the other trainers, I also just want your find to be realistic, and I want everyone to have fun, let's see what wild Pokemon we have here today?

How I level you and how I grade you're catching, depending on how long your post is and if you have a battle that'll increase your Pokemon's level. When you're trying to catch a Pokemon, you cannot decide if you catch it, when you're trying to catch a Pokemon you have to finish it off at that because you cannot continue until you know that it was caught. Again, depending on how long your post is, I'll let it be caught.

Wild Pokemon
Taillow
Spr_4d_276.png

Level: 2-4
Type: Normal/Flying
Ability: Guts
Attacks: Peck, Growl, Focus Energy (Level 4)
Nature: Random
Rarity: Common

Sentret
Spr_4d_161.png

Type: Normal
Ability: Run Away or Keen Eye
Attacks: Scratch, Foresight, Defense Curl (Level 4)
Rarity: Common

Hoppip
Spr_4d_187.png

Type: Grass/Flying
Ability: Chlorophyll or Leaf Guard
Attacks: Splash, Synthesis (Level 4)
Rarity: Uncommon

Igglybuff

Spr_4d_174.png

Type: Normal
Ability: Cute Charm
Attacks: Sing, Charm
Rarity: Rare

Last edited:

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
"Okay Piplup, which way do you want to go next" Jack asked the eager Piplup. The Piplup pointed in a forward direction through the grassy land.

After leaving the professor's lab the duo headed towards Petaltown by heading through route green. Route green is a route full of tall and plentiful grasses. Neither Piplup nor Jack could see over the grasses so they have been wondering aimlessly for about thirty minutes.

Jack and Piplup pushed through the grasses and arrived in a small circular clearing surrounded by more of the tall grass.

"Look Piplup, it's a Pokemon". Jack pulled the pokedex from his backpack and pointed it towards the pokemon that scurried out from the grass and on to the clearing.

Sentret
Spr_4d_161.png

It has a nervous nature. It stands up on its tail so it can scan wide areas.

"Okay Piplup, try your pound." Jack whispered to the Piplup. The Piplup sneakily ran up to the Sentret and hit. It was a sneak attack. The Sentret whined and then scratched the Piplup back.

"Piplup weaken it. Growl it." Jack commanded his Piplup. The Piplup obeyed by making wierd noises. The Sentret began to tremble and then made an atempt run away. "Piplup stop it" Jack yelled with a bit of worry in his voice. The Piplup ran after it and pounded it before it could escape.

"Now run into the bushes for another sneak attack" Jack said nervously. The Sentret stood up on its tail and began scanning the grass with its foresight. "Now attack while its busy using its foresight. he yelled. The Piplup jumped from out of the grass and pounded the Sentret before it could run away.

The Sentret then scratched the Piplup and curled into a ball. "Piplup pound it," he said nervously. The Piplup pounded to the Sentret, but winced in pain upon striking the defense curled Sentret.

"Piplup do you think you can pound it upward?" he asked the Piplup. The Piplup pounded the Sentret into the sky. "Now Pound it into the ground as hard as you can" Jack commanded. The Sentret was knocked into the ground uncurling the Sentret who layed there defeated.

"Good work Piplup. Now to catch" he swayed uncertained if that was what to do next. He pulled out a pokeball from his backpack and he threw the pokeball.

Last edited:

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
Years
The Green Sea

"Wow...they sure could use a ride-on mower, or something...the grass is even taller than my head." Taking a deep breath, Chip winked at Chikorita, then bravely stepped forwards into the sea of greenery, shivering a little as Houtei Town was hidden from view by a wall of plant life.
"This is kinda creepy, eh, Chik? Hey, Chik?" Chip looked down, but Chikorita was nowhere to be seen.
"Chikorita?" he called nervously, "Hey, where are you?" Suddenly, he heard a rustling to his left.
"Chikochi!" Chip smiled as he recognised the call of his new partner...but what was that? As far as he could tell, Chikorita had a large pink balloon balanced on its nose. Then, the balloon moved, revealing limbs, hair and a face.
"Iggly!" It cried gleefully. An Igglybuff.
"Um...Chikorita...you can't just take that you know," Chip explained. Chikorita dropped the Igglybuff.
"Chi?" it questioned. Chip groaned.
"Look, if you really want that...thing to come with us, we need to catch it properly, in a battle. You have to fight it." Chikorita looked at him strangely for a moment, then nodded, turned back to Igglybuff and promptly charged at it and knocked it over. Igglybuff began to cry.
"Oh jeez..." Chip muttered, "Try using Razor Leaf, Chikorita!" The Leaf Pokémon leapt forwards and swung the leaf on its head, spawning another leaf that fired toward Igglybuff, cutting it with its razor sharp edge.
"Follow up with Tackle!" he called enthusiastically and Chikorita charged once again. Igglybuff retaliated this time though - it turned its large, watering eyes on Chikorita.
"Iggly..." it whispered pathetically and Chikorita did a double take, tripping over its own feet and barely grazing Igglybuff with its Tackle attack. Nevertheless, it still had enough power to send Igglybuff spinning like a top before landing on it's behind. Rather predictably, it began to cry again.
"Growl at it to shut it up!" Chip ordered and Chikorita stepped in front of Igglybuff with its lip parted in a snarl. The balloon Pokémon instantly shut up and froze in fear.
"Give it your best Razor leaf , then finish it with a full-powered leaping Tackle!" Chip cried, wondering if he had gone too far with the adjectives. Chikorita nodded, then swung its head leaf, striking Igglybuff with smaller, identical, yet razor-sharp leaves. Igglybuff stumbled and Chikorita took advantage of the opening, literally throwing itself forwards, into Igglybuff. The pink puffball was thrown into the air and slowly drifted down, unconscious. Chip grinned, then took out a Pokeball.
"If I get this," he said to Chikorita, "You owe me, 'kay?" And with that, he threw the red and white ball, which struck the still airborne Pokémon and pulled it inside. The ball fell to the ground and began to rock from side to side and Chip crossed his fingers, hoping that that his first attempted capture would be successful...

Years
  • MA
  • Seen Feb 16, 2009
Encounter in the Grass

For a couple of hours Tom walked alone through the tall grass. Although he had explored the wilderness around Houtei town for his entire life, he had been chased off by adults when ever he tried to wander on to Route Green. So, the route was a glorious new place for him to explore. He was amazed by the subtle differences of the flora and fauna, only a few miles from his home. Although the grass was confusing, Tom was able to navigate it, and slowly made his way through the route. Just as he was getting tired he came upon a clearing.

Inside the clearing a short boy and a Pokémon, it looked like a Piplup, were battling a wild Sentret. Tom could also see half a dozen Sentret watching the battle, perched on top of the tall grass. Fascinated, Tom started towards the wild Pokemon. As he neared them five of the Pokemon, seeing him, turned and fled. But, one Sentret braver then the rest just stood and looked at Tom.

"Pikachu use ThunderShock" Tom told his Pokémon to start the battle. Pikachu fired a short burst of thunder which arced towards the Sentret. But, at the last second it flexed its tail, and jumped away. The bolt harmlessly hit the stalk of grass it had been perched on.

Sentret mad at this violation of his habitat leapt at Pikachu slashing with his short arms. This attack hit Pikachu, but did not inflict serious damage. Pikachu countered with a ThunderShock, and this time the Sentret could not evade it, instead his tail was hit by the bolt of energy. This momentarily made Sentret pause, but seconds later he savagely scratched Pikachu again.

"Hm." Tom exclaimed "looks like ThunderShock can't hurt Sentret that badly, looks like I'll need to make him lower his guard." Thinking for a moment, he then yelled "Pikachu, use Tail Whip!" Obediently Pikachu started waging his tail, hoping to fool the Sentret.

It worked, kind of, the Sentret was confused by Pikachu's behavior. So, he stopped, and looking rather puzzled, gazed at Pikachu. But, when Pikachu tried unleashing a ThunderShock it had no more effect then the last one. The Sentret just got up, and understandable miffed, scratched Pikachu again.

"Fine, looks like I'm going to have to do this the hard way. Pikachu, ThunderShock him till he drops" Tom ordered his Pokémon. Obediently Pikachu unleashed a barrage of ThunderShock's, most of which crashed into Sentret. The Sentret, dazed, attempted to counter by curling up into a ball, but to no avail. The barrage continued for several seconds, until the Sentret was dazed, and paralyzed from the electricity. Seeing an opportunity, Tom stepped in, and stopped Pikachu.

"Nice job buddy!" Tom told Pikachu, "rest for a bit, I'll take it from here." Saying this he grabbed a Pokeball from his belt, which he threw at the dazed Sentret.

Last edited:

Gewitterdrache27

Means Tempest Dragon
Years
Zane talked to his father before leaving. His father was sad to see him go. But this was his destiny. Zane patted Torchic and headed to the edge of town. Torchic let out a short "Torchic..." in contentment.

"Here goes. My first step." Zane remarked. He wandered through the grass, looking down at his new Torchic and patting it on the head along the way. Torchic appeared to enjoy this.

"A happy pokemon is a strong one." Zane said. He would keep Torchic comfortable as best he could. Torchic grew hungry, and Zane had nothing to feed him. Torchic had to settle with crumbs. Zane was looking for something to fight. Either to fight or to catch. It mattered little to him.As he looked about, he saw a small plant-like animal in a clearing, feeding. He could hardly tell if it was a plant or an animal. After some observation, Zane decided that this was, in fact, a Pokemon. He took out his Pokedex. The Pokedex said:

"Hoppip, the Cottonweed Pokemon. It drifts on winds. It is said that when Hoppip gather in fields and mountains, spring is on the way. Grass/Flying. Level 3. Knows Splash. Timid nature. Female. Cloryphyll Ability."

Zane smiled. Grass AND flying. A valuable addition to his party. It was also quite fast, useful to get an edge in battle. The Hoppip noticed Zane, and used Splash. Zane laughed to himself. That was all it knew! This would be a total cinch to catch!Zane pointed at the creature.

"Torchic!" he commanded. "Use Focus Energy!" Torchic got pumped up as the Hoppip unleashed a devastating splash attack! "Torchic! Now use Scratch!" It was a solid hit, but not enough. The Hoppip proceeded to splash, and Torchic was not amused.

"Scratch! One more time!" Zane shouted. Torchic ran back up to the Hoppip, still splashing about though there was no water. Torchic proceeded to rake it with its talons, bringing it down quite low. Hoppip splashed, and bumped into Torchic in the process. Hoppip also tripped over a clump of grass in its odd flopping. Torchic actually found this to be quite funny. Zane douldn't help but chuckle.

"Pokeball! Go!" Zane yelled as he gained his composure and threw the ball at the Hoppip.
The startled Pokemon was hit square between the eyes by the ball, which then sucked the poor thing in.
*Bump...*
*Bump...*
Will he catch it? Rii-Chii will decide!

OOC// I understand this is shorter than the others. However, it is not very easy to make an exciting battle with something that only knows splash... So I tried to make the splashing funny as compensation.\\

Last edited:

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
Years
First Steps

Gage had always been home with his mother or around time doing jobs to make some money and keep food on his table, so he never had a chance to get as far as route green. He'd never seen grass so high in his life, it was past his waist.

"Well Dusks I guess it's about time to make our way out into the world, let's go." Gage said with a grin.

Gage made his way through the tall grass in an excited manner while
Dusks floated along behind him in his shadow humming "Dusks dusks dusks skullllll."

Gage began noticing the deeper and deeper he got into the grass the more and more pokemon he began to see, he had never seen so many in his entire life but he really couldnt find any that filled his exact liking.

"I guess I should save my pokeballs for a pokemon that I really like." Gage said to himself.

After walking for what seemed like hours in what was probably circles, Gage decided it was about time he took a quick rest. He sat down and took some pokemon food and a sandwich out of his bag. Dusks immidiatly started munching away at the food making loud noises. Before Gage even opened his sandwich Dusks had eaten the whole bowl of pokemon food and was holding it out to Gage for more.

"Sorry bud" Gage said, "we're going to have to save the rest for later we have a long way to go." The Duskull made a sad noise put the bowl down curled up inside it and fell asleep.

Gage rolled his eyes and unwrapped his sandwich. Out of the grass came a small birdlike pokemon that stared at his sandwich quite intently. Gage slowly held out a small peice of his sandwiche and said " Here you go bud have a peice."

The bird ran up and snatched the peice of sandwich from between his fingers and started making chirping noises in a very loud and annoying manner. A loud rustling noise came from inside the grass and more and more small birds appeared. Gage took out his pokedex and read allowed "Taillow the TinySwallow pokemon. It has a gutsy spirit that makes it bravely take on tough foes. It flies in search of warm climates."

The Taillows started moving closer and closer to Gage staring at his sandwich. All at once they all flew at Gage pecking at every inch of him trying to get him to release his grasps on the sandwich.
" DUSKS, HELP ME! USE YOUR NIGHT SHADE ATTACK!" Yelled Gage at the top of his lungs The skull faced pokemon quickly shot up after hearing the commotion and sent out shadowy tendrils that shot towards the birds and began embracing them. But no matter how many times he used the nightshade attack it seemed to be doing absolutely nothing at all to them. In fact it only seemed to make them more determined on there assault.

Gage yelled through the birds to Dusks " Use your disable attack on there peck!" Duskull floated higher and his eyes glinted a large flash, all of a sudden the birds stopped dead in there tracks completely unable to continue attacking. When the tiny birds realized that there was nothing left they could do to Gage for his sandwich, they left.

"Thanks Dusks you really saved me back there" said Gage. The Ghost pokemon let out a small chuckle-esk noise.

Gages sandwich was entirely destroyed by the small birds and now he wanted nothing more than to get away from this place, he got up his bag and put Duskull into his ball for a rest. He could see where the route ended far down the grass path and said to himself right before he set off on his journey again.

"This is going to be much more difficult than I had originally thought." He grunted and smiled to himself.

Last edited:

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 25, 2010
Matthew threw the book in his hand down in frustration. An hour had passed since he left the lab and started his adventure, and he had already had enough. He began to pull at the hair on his head while Dratini watched him with a look of dismay on his face.

Matthew sighed and stroked the pokemon gently. "I'm sorry, I really am, but where the heck am I supposed to start? I don't have a clue on what I should do first." He continued to stroke his new partner- and mope , wondering why this happened to him, yet he felt like it was impossible to quit and give in as the images of Brandon and the professor swirled in his head. Giving up would mean quitting on them. Causing them disappointment and him shame.

"C'mon, Dratini," Matthew instructed after deciding to stand up and keep walking. He figured he needed to press on; maybe luck would meet him on the road. Dratini let a cute noise in response and slid behind his master, willing to go wherever he took him.

Matthew awkwardly walked down the first route with Dratini behind him. He felt strange that he had no purpose, mainly because he had no knowledge on what he was doing. He knew it would take more than a drop of confidence and strength to succeed in his new journey, but he didn't feel like he had that inside of him. It made him scared thinking of all the things coming up on his adventure--and maybe the dangers and moments where he HAD to be brave.

"Tee," Matthew heard his pokemon go behind him. He had forgotten about his new partner. Giving up would mean giving up on him as well.
"Dratini, I'm in a horrible situation……for me anyway," Matthew explained. "I'm not the type to be brave and face challenges head on. That's my other friends, but not me. I don't know how'll I'll get through this."

Matthew stopped and turned around to face Dratini. He looked at his new master with his head awkwardly bent to the side as if he were trying to understand Matthew. Sighing. Matthew reached down to pat his pokemon again. He comfortably stroked the dragon once more, and it made him feel extremely warm inside. He saw the support in his pokemon,- and in his new friend.

"Well, if nobody else, I'm going to try my hardest for you," Matthew promised his friend as he stood up straight to walk forward on the path once more.

Then, suddenly, a little bird fluttered in front of the duo. It landed directly in front of them in a nearby tree and instantly went to grooming itself. It was mostly a dark, bold blue color and small in size, but Matthew had the impression that the bird was extremely powerful in a fight.

Picking up Dratini, Matthew quickly rushed over to hide and observe the bird and its movements. It continued to groom itself, occasionally picking its head up to observe the area. After putting Dratini down, Matthew dug in his pockets to find the items that the professor gave him before his journey. He first pulled out the red box and quickly scanned over it.

"The professor said that I could get info from this, right?" Matthew asked. He popped open the case, and the screen automatically turned on as soon as it appeared.

I'm Dexter, an important tool made to aid trainers in their quest to know everything about pokemon. I-

With great fear, Matthew quickly shoved the open pokedex in his pocket and turned to see if the bird had noticed the noise. It was completely stiff and alert, looking around for any danger that might appear. Matthew watched as it kept up the posture for a few seconds before shrugging and starting to doze off in the tree. Letting out a breath of relief, Matthew pulled out the pokedex once more and continued to dig in his pockets.
His hand suddenly gripped around a small, cold ball. Matthew pulled it out and noticed that it was one of the five poke balls the professor had given him. Use these to capture pokemon out in the wild, but know to weaken them first.

Matthew looked at the bird and grinned. This was the perfect chance to start off his journey with a positive outlook. His hand gripped around the ball tighter as he slowly stood up and patted Dratini.

"Dratini, this thing is ours," Matthew said with as much confidence as possible.

Matthew jumped when he heard his pokedex go off again. It was still on the ground; Matthew completely forgot about it.

Taillow, the TinySwallow pokemon, read the pokedex. It has a gutsy spirit that makes it bravely take on tough foes. It is in search of warm climate.

That was it. Taillow snapped awake and saw Matthew standing there with Dratini. Extending its wings, the bird pokemon made a dive for the two with as much much force and speed as it could muster. Matthew dove on the ground to avoid the attack and quickly reached for his pokedex. He only had enough time to put it halfway in his pocket before the bird charged again.

"Dratini, do something!" Matthew shouted urgently. Dratini leaped in front of him and smacked the tiny bird away from his master with his powerful tail, giving enough time for Matthew to get the rest of his pokedex in his pocket and stand up.

Matthew watched as Taillow came charging once more and wondered exactly what he was going to do. Suddenly, he remembered what the professor told him in the lab. Attack moves and defense moves…

"Dratini, slow down the pokemon with leer!" Matthew shouted. His pokemon's eyes glowed and met directly with Taillow's, sending the bird into a state of panic. Even though it didn't stop its charge, Taillow slowed down enough to where Matthew and Dratini had enough time to avoid the attack.

Matthew's heart was pumping hard. So this is what a real battle felt like…… Matthew knew the professor was toying with him in the lab, but he didn't expect it to be this hard and dangerous. The pokemon's goal was to knock Matthew's head off and the only thing in its way was Dratini. Matthew knew he had to trust his pokemon if he was going to squeak by this.

Once more, Dratini came charging head on without any intention on stopping. Matthew scooted behind Dratini, out of fear mostly. He pointed a shaky finger in the air.

"Dratini, attack back!" Matthew ordered. Dratini leaped in air and both pokemon collided. They slammed on the ground, and Matthew watched with fear as he watched them brawl it out. Dratini managed to get his body wrapped around Taillow's tiny one and was compressing it hard. Taillow let out a little squeal of pain, and sat still for a moment, letting the dragon pokemon compress its body.

Suddenly, Taillow decided to fight back. Taking its little beak, Taillow dug it into Matthew's pokemon hard. It thrust it head up and down intensely, jabbing its beak as hard as it could it Dratini's body. The dragon pokemon yelled out in pain and loosened his grip.

Taillow took the advantage and slipped out of Dratini's grasp. Dratini's body floated around and he sat dazed, trying to recover from the frenzy of peck attacks. Backing up a little, Taillow thrust its tiny body into Dratini's, making the pokemon fly.

"Dratini!" Matthew shouted.

Dratini flew until its snakelike body slipped underneath a root poking out of a tree. His entire body became trapped between the root sticking out of tree and the ground. His snakelike body squirmed like a worm trapped on a fishhook.

Matthew was in trouble now. His pokemon was trapped and he had no form of protection. He saw a glisten in the Taillow's eyes and knew that the pokemon was coming after him. Matthew did the only thing he could. He ran.

"I'm sorry Dratini!" Matthew shouted as he somewhat abandoned his dragon pokemon that was hopelessly trapped.

Running as fast as he could, Matthew looked backwards a few times and saw that the running was doing no good. The bird pokemon was just too fast for him and quickly gaining. It was only a matter of seconds until the pokemon was completely on top of him where Matthew had to dive to duck. He dove into the dirt and rolled as the pokemon continued flying straight.

Taillow doubled back and charged for Matthew once more, and this time, Matthew was completely helpless. All he could do was sit on the ground and wait for Taillow to attack.

"Chimchar, ember!!"

Before Matthew knew it, he watched Taillow being blasted away from him and collapsed on the ground to rest.

Years
Hey hey hey!That sounds fun!I'll join in.

Character name:Jacob
Appearance:Has a simple hairstyle with black hair that sticks out at the back of his cap wheres a simple pair of pants and a simple white unprinted shirt with dark blue sleeves that sticks out from inside of his shirt.
Personality:He is a bit quirky when it comes to battles but constantly helps people in need like a Pokemon Ranger.
History:He lives at a cottage near a forest.Every Friday he is assigned to forage for food in the forest because his family is a bit poor.One dark Friday night,he goes to the forest with nothing but his lantern and basket.He sets out for the forest,then a chilling breeze blew,his lantern's flame went out and he was left there alone with nothing to eat.He woke up when he noticed that a flame was burning in front if him where he lie.He also noticed some fruits beside him too.Then he heard noises and out from the darkness Pokemon came.There were some Zigzagoon and Torchic.The Pokemon snuggled with him and spent the night there.When he woke up,it was morning he noticed that the Pokemon were gone.It was bright and sunny today so he roamed around the forest and found the exit which was marked with an "E" carved on one tree.When he got out,he found his parents outside then ran towards them,then he hugged his parents.He told his mother and father what happened in the forest.His parents couldn't believe it!They vowed to never forage too late every night.He went to the nearby town to sell logs that his father chopped up(his father was a lumberjack).He found a poster that says:"NEEDED: POKEMON RANGERS!WE ARE SHORT OF RANGERS BECAUSE OF THE CALAMITIES!",then he wondered if he could be a Pokemon Ranger,he could help people in need so,in the afternoon,he went home.He told his dad about being a Pokemon Ranger.His dad was astonished that his son will become a Ranger instead of a lumberjack.His dad declined and sent his son to his room.Jacob followed,disappointed.He went to his room,packed his bag and went out the window he went to town and he saw the Ranger Base.He went in and saw the Ranger leader.Jacob asked if he is fit to be a Ranger and was declined.There were no more uniforms.So he went to a weird looking building.There he met Prof. Oak.Jacob asked if he could be a Trainer instead.There he was accepted as a Pokemon Trainer.He was given a Dratini and he set of to his grand adventure with his partner,Dratini.
Preferred Starter: Dratini
P.S.:It will take a long time to read the history.........
It took me an hour to type...................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back