• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon - Akenite Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Mehh not too bad. Bag system is a little too... diverse. Screens are nice. Although the Bulbasaur sprite from Mystery Dungeon doesn't look too good with everything else.

All in all, not too bad.

Ciao
    ~Raz

Years
    Thats twice in a row i've missed the update now. I think from now on I'll do it sometime in the day.

No screenshots today. I didn't do much yesterday unfortunately, and what I did do was just more coding on the battle system.
    Here's the progress report.

Progress Report(s):
    Wednesday 30th May:

Did a bit more coding on the battle system.
    Went out for the night.
    Came back knackered.

I'll do today's update a little later.

Update

Perhaps from now on I should just do this once every two days or something. I haven't been able to keep the pace. I try to do as much as I can in one day, but at the end there's just not enough to show for it. Especially in this early stage where most of what I'm doing is coding the systems.
    Anyways, here's the report.

Progress Report(s):
    Thursday 31st May:

Done more coding on battle system - started coding attacks.
    Took a masterclass in spriting.

That's all. I'm tired, lol. Goodnight.

UPDATE

Hello? Is anybody out there? *Echo* ... *One of those dust thingys roll past* ... Lol. :P

I actually got a bit more work done today! Woohoo! So here's some screenshots:

Linlea Town without people. [I've done the people, but I just wanted a screenie of the town.]

Route 001, once again without any people.

Reputation and Morality Bars. Haven't coded them to link with the menu yet, so they're basically just pics to show you what they look like.

Progress Report(s):
    Friday 1st June:

Did some more random coding - Lots of little bits on most systems. [Each one of them is getting closer to completion, I just work better if I mix up what I'm doing.]
    Made Route 001 of Triago and started Route 002 and Bevril Town.
    Created some top-secret-uber-important-not-to-be-revealed sprites. [Actually they were given to me by some really top-notch spriters.]
    Coded the Rep System. Just need to code it to the menu.

That's all once again. Goodnight. *Echo* ... *Silence* ... *Sigh*

Update (Again)

You can now visit the official website at:

www.PokemonAkenite.moonfruit.com

Another Update

Progress Report(s):
    Saturday 2nd June:

Coded the rep system into the menu.
    Re-made the map for the Triago Region.
    Made an in-game clock.

I'll add some new screenshots later today (Sunday).

Last edited:
    Years
    Update

Here's the screenshots I promised earlier.

Route 002 (Triago). Without people/trainers.

These were the original maps of Triago and Asphar (A region that's no longer going to be included in the game).

This is the new map of Triago. Now more free-range friendly. :D

Progress Report(s):
    Sunday 3rd June:

Created Route 003.
    Changed some of the menu graphics.
    Coded two radio programmes from the Pokegear. (Think Gold/Silver)

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2007
    I really don't understand how you do stuff like this with RPG maker 2003. I tried, and It ended up like a final fantasy game. Any help would be appreciated.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
    Looks nice get me a beta/alpha just get me a demo lol love the graphics and stuff, although I am curious on how the battle system is going to work. Graphics are good for RPG 2003 though, all the ones I saw were GBA and GBC graphics. Personally I prefer XP thus part of my name ^.^ hehe, Um I tried a pokemon game using XP once it was my version of mystery dungeon kinda. Didnt name it but you were on a team of 4 legendary psychic pokemon and thats the best I got (Tried to do a pokemon game but couldnt get the battle system so I made a combat system using the pokemon instead) Well anyway looks nice and I WANNA PLAY IT ^.^; OMG cant compliment you enough. It looks fun and I cant wait, Just keep it up and dont give up, RPG maker games can get annoying but keep with it you seem to know what youre doing. Good luck.

Years
    Hello everyone.
    Long time, no update, no?

The reason being I had a fault with my laptop. Yep. That's kinda what happens when you drop it, lol. Luckily, it did not damage my hard drive, so everything is still as it was before it broke.

And some other good news is that my A Level exams are now finished, (Had a drama practical exam this morning that went well, so I'm in a good mood).

So now that we're back in business I think I'll discuss a few things.

Firstly, from this point on, although I'll probably get more work done on the game, I won't update as frequently. (I'll probably update about twice a week). That means that if for some reason I don't get much work done one day, then I can still do some the next day before I update.

Secondly, I've recieved a few PM's, which I am currently reading now...
    Piplup_WazUp - If your still interested, then that would be fantastic.
    Xzurae - Same to you. I'd love for you to join the team.
    If you could just PM me or reply just for confirmation. Thanks.

Thirdly, Woohoo! I'm back! I've really missed doing all this. It felt weird not having my laptop with me. I'm one of those sad people with not much of a life. :P

I'm about to start working on the game again now, and I'll update soon. Thank you.

Years
    Hey again.

Just posting to say that Xzurae is now a member of the Akenite Team. He is working on the programming with me, the story with me, and probably a lot of other stuff too. He's quite handy. ;)

So the team now looks like this:

Me - Everything
    Xzurae - A lot of things
    Bruno1440 - Beta testing things

Goodnight.

Years
    Hey everyone!

I am glad to be a part of this team and hopefully I will be of great value to the team! :D

~Xzurae

Years
    Hello.

This weekend has been like a refreshing wave to me. Before my laptop broke, I was spending almost every waking minute which wasn't in school, working on this game, and it was draining me.
    When I broke my laptop, I was really bored.
    Now I've found a nice happy medium, and yet I feel as though my production rate is still just as good. Happy all round! :D

Here's some new screenshot, its been a while.

New Menu - More traditional - Transparent Background - Square Red Selector

New Pokedex - What do you think of the layout?

New Pokedex again - Has anyone seen a Venusaur?

Pokedex Info Screen - Viewable once you've caught that Pokemon

Pokedex Info Screen 2 - Press down to hear that Pokemon's unique cry

The Third Pokedex Info Screen

Number 4 - The eggs change colour depending on the Pokemon's type

And the last one - For those who can never remember type relations

That's all the screenshots at the moment.
    Here's a summary of what's been done over the weekend:

Made lots and lots of graphics for the Pokedex.
    Coded the new Menu.
    Coded the new Pokedex up to Charizard.
    Coded the Pokedex info screens for Bulbasaur. (Mostly copy and pasting job now)

That's it for today. Before I go, I'd just like to say thanks to Xzurae for helping out here and there, although now that we're going to be making this game together, I suppose it goes without saying.

Expect an update again soon. See ya.

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    yes... i like this game. quite good. although i prefer games made in sphere, but still. i'll keep an eye on this. :) keep it up.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    This is the most impressive fan game I've seen so far. Quote me on it.

Keep this up. You need to get more publicity going and get more people interested! Acanthite did just that and they are booming. If you make a banner, I'll put it in my signature.

Years
    I have created a banner for Pokemon - Akenite Version. It is in my signature. Feel free to use it for whatever you want. I know it's nothing special, but it's something! =D

Years
    Hello guys.

Thanks for all the great comments, we really appreciate it. But if anybody wants to drop the other show, then feel free. Criticism is a good thing, lol :P maybe...

Anyway, thats a great banner Xzurae, well done.

If anyone else feels like putting it in their sig, then thanks again. :)

Update soon. See ya.

Years
    Hey Everyone!
    I'm doing the update today. We've been hard at work and have just finished a few things. I have fixed up our game intro scene and have created a more appealing saving system. Now when you load your saved game, the intro scene will be shown before you continue.

To give you all a little taste of the game, I have attached the intro to this post. Also, here is the current "Would you like to continue the saved game?" screen.

View attachment 37275

Aside from those, we have a few new gym badges for the Triago region aswell as a new pokemon design. 00Vampire is currently working on the Trainer Card.

We will have another update for you guys soon! =D

~Xzurae

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back