• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon All the time?!

Vednix

:D
Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    Well, yeah I'm sorry or this, but it's getting a little annoying.

I come to this part of the forum looking for:

1. RPG maker tutorials
    2. RPG's people have made OTHER THAN POKEMON

I found neither. I don't know how long this part of the forum has been up, but i expected 1 or 2 RPG maker tutorials, and at least SOME progressing RPGs. I went to the Games Showcase, found Pokemon all over it! Went to the Plot and ideas sub forum, and found only one in there that isn't aobut pokemon on the first page!

To be honest, I would have thought some people would do RPGs other than pokemon. RPG maker has unlimited possibilities, but people make pokemon? It may seem better then trying to hack a ROM, but for goodness sake, RPG maker can make somehting spectacular if you put your mind to it. I know, I know, it takes a lot fo effort to make an RPG, and harder still by inserting tilesets, characters ect. But, why do just pokemon? Take me for example. I like RPGs, so I'm making an RPG that isn't about pokemon.

So I ask this. Why always do POKEMON rpgs? I know this is technically a pokemon forum, but then why put this in in the first place? why not just merge both together if both are going to eb about pokemon.

Because of this, I may put up some RPG maker tutorials and such, and TRY to break away from doing pokemon RPGs all the time.

i repeat my question. WHY DO POKEMON RPGS ALL THE TIME?!

jadored

Jay the Peanut Butter Queen.
    Years
  • We don't but I think you need a reminder this IS a POKEMON site.
    If you are looking for that stuff, go somewhere like RMXP.org.
    I switched over here from there because I could get more help with POKEMON related things.

I suggest RMXP.org because it has many tutorials and a games showcase and I've only seen like 2 pokemon games on there.

And I don't know about other people but I don't bother with ROM hacking because of RMXP offers more freedom and such, and like you said people can create spectacular things so it wouldn't be better (for me) to hack a ROM than make one in RMXP.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    If you actually look there are lots of games here that have nothing to do with pokemon. As Jadored said, this forum is about Pokemon. And as a matter of fact, the Game Development forum was created for making Pokemon games.

MaGiXieN

^.^
    Years
  • We don't but I think you need a reminder this is pokecommunity, not rpgcommunity.
    You asked: Why always do POKEMON rpgs? There is a complete starterkit, so they can create pokemon rpg's easily.

Roconza

Crazy girl say wha?
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Mar 16, 2014
    Wow, just wow.....soooo you went to a sub-forum on a forum which its clearly obvious this site caters to pokemon fans and complain about there being to much pokemon related content for RPG maker when a google search would give you many RPGM forums with less pokemon games and tons of tutorials at your finger tips. I really don't know what was going though your mind when you made this post. I get your saying there is to many pokemon games going and yes it can be annoying but there are MANY other forums you could have gone to find what you wanted. You should have just moved on with leaving a pointless post and making your self look foolish.

logic stands that pokemon forum + RPG Maker = Pokemon fan games

Google: Learn to use it because there is no excuse for your ignorance. It's a wonder this topic has not been locked.

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Well, yeah I'm sorry or this, but it's getting a little annoying.

I come to this part of the forum looking for:

1. RPG maker tutorials
    2. RPG's people have made OTHER THAN POKEMON

I found neither. I don't know how long this part of the forum has been up, but i expected 1 or 2 RPG maker tutorials, and at least SOME progressing RPGs. I went to the Games Showcase, found Pokemon all over it! Went to the Plot and ideas sub forum, and found only one in there that isn't aobut pokemon on the first page!

To be honest, I would have thought some people would do RPGs other than pokemon. RPG maker has unlimited possibilities, but people make pokemon? It may seem better then trying to hack a ROM, but for goodness sake, RPG maker can make somehting spectacular if you put your mind to it. I know, I know, it takes a lot fo effort to make an RPG, and harder still by inserting tilesets, characters ect. But, why do just pokemon? Take me for example. I like RPGs, so I'm making an RPG that isn't about pokemon.

So I ask this. Why always do POKEMON rpgs? I know this is technically a pokemon forum, but then why put this in in the first place? why not just merge both together if both are going to eb about pokemon.

Because of this, I may put up some RPG maker tutorials and such, and TRY to break away from doing pokemon RPGs all the time.

i repeat my question. WHY DO POKEMON RPGS ALL THE TIME?!

Did you seriously expect to come onto a Pokemon community and find a general RPG Maker community nestled within? You, sir, don't understand what a search engine is, do you?

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    1. Lack of originality.
    2. poccil's starter kit which promotes laziness.
    3. People that think a forum specifically about one thing shouldn't house anything else (i.e. everyone who has posted on this thread)

It would be nice to see a variety. But the mentality here obviously does not permit it.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    It's nice to see people not spamming the same answer, and being polite to the person who asked the question, isn't it?

Isn't it? I wouldn't know; I don't see this happening anywhere around here...

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Well what kinda of answer do you want them to give? It is their opinion.
    Humans aren't as individual as we think we are, so I'm not surprised people have the same opinion. We were drawn here (this forum) because of pokemon or pokemon fan games. That is what our community here is made up of.
    The fact is, any non-pokemon game here has generally been a bad looking game (in terms of art and mostly using RTP graphics) and the thread fails after 2/3 months.
    Have a look at the forum and check for non pokemon games- look at the date the thread was created and the date the last post by the creator was posted and you'll see.

Anyways.
    If you have a Pokemon fan game, there is no better place then to be here.
    A helpful community where most members understand the official games (if you ever need help in understanding an aspect of the games, someone will always be happy to help), you've got a wonderful starter kit for RMXP with the likes of Wichu and Maruno always there to provide tips for the scripts people are having trouble with.

You got guys like ShinyL, kyledove, and alistar making great pokemon tiles for the gaming community to use in their pokemon fan games.

I think it's pretty logically that 90% (most likely more) games here are Pokemon fan games.

I might add, there is one non-pokemon game coming to the boards soon (I hope) that looks good/interesting- and that is the game advertised in OmegaGroundons sig.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    I think that maybe coming to POKECOMMUNITY wasn't the best idea for looking for other games outside of pokemon lol I mean there are a few but really?

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
    Years
  • Pokemon is the basics on what you can do with RMXP and with the starter kit from poccil it only gives us more help. So really, we're starting to learn from RMXP by creating on of the easiest games to make thankz to poccil's help and kyledove's starter kits and whoever else is helping out with everyone's projects. And there are a few projects that came or are coming out that aren't pokemon related such as that digimon project from FMP, Omega's RPG series, or the dragon ball z game i just got intrested into.
    It's kind of like a stepping block on pokemon being the first because there is so much help that we can get from everybody due to the fact that this is a POKEMON COMMUNITY. Anyways I'm starting on a side project myself away from the pokemon series that I could possibly even sell if its good enough to my friends, TWILIGHT SKIES, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to stay away from the basics and learn RMXP tools through my pokemon game.

But I see where you're coming from you expect more verieties from any community of RMXP game creators, but overall this is a pokemon community so you can't blame pokemon fans for wanting to create a pokemon game of their own.

Flygon999

Project Sugilite
    Years
  • Lol, this is a pokemon site. Usually when somebody posts an RPG non-related to pokemon, it doesn't get many posts or people to help. They would probably post it at an RPG site. Pokemon RPG is a bit different than most RPGs, and is hard to make if you aren't using the pokestarter kit.

Back