• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Alpha and Pokemon Beta

Years
  • [QUICK NOTE: I AM USING RPG MAKER XP WITH THE ENGINE OF POKEMON ESSENTIALS!]
    Hello guys, bitbybyte here bringing you guys a project that I am currently working on called Pokemon Alpha and Pokemon Beta. It is a fan game combining ideas that I've had from my childhood and right now that I really want people to see and have fun playing so here it is!

Story: Pokemon Alpha and Beta take place in the Virdi Region which is made up of 7 islands. The main island is the Alphalous Island and the other half of the story takes place in another main island called Betalous Island. It is surrounded by 5 other islands called: Suicus, Raikonus, Entes, Lugas, and Hoas. You are from the island of Lugas and are traveling from Lugas to Alphalous or Betalous (depending on your version of the game) where you will get a starter Pokemon; Treecko, Mudkip, and Torchic. However as you were traveling by boat the Organization of Horizon takes over and sabotages the ship heading to another island you don't know of yet. But after a while a mysterious Pokemon attacks the ship taking out all the members of Horizon leaving you and the other passengers on the shore of Alphalous. Your journey consists of fighting the evil organization, beating the 16 stadiums, and finding out who exactly that Pokemon that saved you was.

So I have started to develop the story and I would like to have your guys' input and your help because I can't do this alone! The following are positions that I need for this game to be successful!

Screenies! [We all love those!]
    Spoiler:

Positions [RED = NOT TAKEN BLUE = TAKEN]
    Pixel Artists/Spriters - To make custom sprites to add into the game!
    Mappers - I am terrible at mapping so that will be useful!
    Story Writers - To help develop the story into something unique!
    Scripters - To help me put scripts into the game!
    Beta Testers - To help test the game!
    Bug Fixers - Experienced users of RPG Maker XP to debug the issues that may arise!

Thank you so much for the support guys! I will appreciate your help and if you help you will get the position you deserve in the credits!

-bbb

Years
  • I forgot to mention before that the actual game is in it's Alpha phase at the moment. It's very early in development. Just wanted to get that out there. :3

Back