• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon AlterKanto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
Years
  • Name: Pokemon AlterKanto
    Pokemon AlterKanto
    Hack of: LeafGreen
    Story: Hahaha, not much really. A guy named Hedgehogger (me, of course) has gone all throughout Kanto and changed a lot of the stuff seen, and, you must work your way up to the Elite Four and eventually the Sevii Islands to find out who this guy is, and what he's up to next, all the while fighting Team Rocket. BORING, RIGHT?

Features:
    :t357: New Graphics
    :t357: New Trainer Overworld Sprites (I have only done the male; the female might end up looking the same.)
    :t357: The Kanto region, in all of its Edited glory. XD
    :t357: The ability to catch all 386
    :t357: New maps in some places.
    :t357: More rare items, and some that respawn (Only a handful, so don't get too cocky.)
    :t357: I'm going to try and remake the Sevii Islands so the adventure isn't totally boring. :p
    :t357: Secret Warps leading to places where legendaries can be caught (i.e. Birth Island or Navel Rock.)
    :t357: (Some) Maps based on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon!

Screenshots:
    Pokemon AlterKanto Pokemon AlterKanto

Spoiler:
    The truth about Poke Marts...

Glitches: Everyone's hack has Glitches, and so does mine...
    1: EDIT AGAIN: The 2nd floor of Mt. Steel just doesn't work at all, period, no matter which maps I use for it.

2: EDIT: Every new map I made from scratch will either not work at all, or, will have random tiles around its border.

3: In the Intro, where the Gengar and Nidorino battle, the animation, for some reason, screws up and just shows a white screen. So, for your own caution, skip to the title screen.

4: (FIXED) The tiles in the player's house go over the player when stepped on.

5: In various places, like Route 2, battling certain trainers will cause the player to be stuck in one spot and then you control another character's sprite with limited movements. In the next beta, they will be removed.

Updates & Stuff: When I make any important changes or something of the like, I'll list it here. This section will probably be filled soon, since I spend a lot of time working. (See, there's some already!)
    1. I'll release a BETA for this when I get done with editing all the way up to Vermilion City. Until then, don't ask to Beta test.

2. I made a crapload of new maps, but, problems with them have been stated above...

3. The next BETA will be released when I finish all cities and routes!

4. You actually get to battle Hedgehogger in the game, but, it's going to be a long way before you get to meet him.

5. I need some help in the game, with mainly Scripting and with glitch fixing. I'm good with mapping and spriting already. If you want to help, PM me.

BETA 1 DOWNLOAD: https://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z87RGG30
    Some notes about BETA Testing...

1. None of the trainers have been edited
    2. PM me if you want to be a Beta Tester!
    3.If you have to comment about a glitch that is hard to explain, put a screenshot of it in your post.

Last edited:

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
  • Woot! First post! Looks pretty good so far. I like your new tiles, but I think the hero's OW needs some work; it looks fake because of poor shading on the front-view sprite. Otherwise, nice job! I'll keep an eye on this.

Years
  • Looks ok, but your tiles need some work. For the trees, the tops should be a bit smaller. For the grass patches, they should be replaced alltogether.
    These are just my opinions. You don't have to follow them if you want

Anyway, your OW looks good. It has proper shading and proper proportions, so there is nothing wrong there.

foofatron

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2007
    The warps wouldn't be new you should put them in a quest like I am.Just a suggestion to make story line unigue.

Hedgehogger

Years
  • The warps wouldn't be new you should put them in a quest like I am.Just a suggestion to make story line unigue.
    Oh, you mean like making new maps of the old ones? A quest would sound fun, but, I can't take the time to learn Scripting (For I have been deemed an "arse" in the field of scripting).

Aussie Riolu

What is anything to a Riolu?
    Years
  • Looks ok, but your tiles need some work. For the trees, the tops should be a bit smaller. For the grass patches, they should be replaced alltogether.
    What are you talking about, the grass is even better than before. And the trees are cool too. I love to have tiles like that.

Hedgehogger

Years
  • Update: New Screenshots!

1: That guy that gives you a free potion: Pokemon AlterKanto

2: Mt. Steel, 1st Floor: Pokemon AlterKanto

3: Mt. Steel, 2nd Floor: Pokemon AlterKanto (I didn't edit the trainer's surfing sprite yet.)

radaru89

Master Blue, Red, Crystal Trai
    Years
  • wow, good jo with the hack but i cant play it cuz i need a working pkmn FR rom in english

rune the 1st

......................... .....
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2008
    hmmmm....are you going to do mystery dungeon dungeons? if you could that'd be sorta cool :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2007
    nice tiles i like it xD but i dont like the sprite its a little mm simple xD luck!

Hedgehogger

Years
  • hmmmm....are you going to do mystery dungeon dungeons? if you could that'd be sorta cool :)

Ah, Mt. Steel. That was actually inspired by Mystery Dungeon, since the pokemon get tougher and different ones appear as you go up higher, but, it would take incredibly long to do multiple Mystery Dungeon Dungeons.

I took another group screenshots of Viridian Forest, for the sake of mainly showing off my new Bush tiles. Pokemon AlterKanto

Pokemon AlterKanto

Last edited by a moderator:

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • Hedgehogger, please do not post more than once in a row. If you have forgotten to add something to your previous post, please use the Edit button, or delete your older post in order to post a new update.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back