• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Amber Reborn

Corrosion

Support Pokemon Amber!
Years
  • I know of two people. One is helping me on the weekends and the other is also busy. I think the one who is helping me, clonex25, might help u too.
    Is he quite good? I will be needing someone who can do good conversions. Well, I won't bother him now, but thanks anyways.

Fade- Cheers! I have to say I think I need to develop the story more, but I have quite a lot of background to work with. I'm afraid there won't be a beta for a while, but I'm sure you can test it. It will probably be public, unless you can contribute to the team, with scripting or spriting. If you can do either of those things, please do say and show me some of your work.

I do need a scripter and a spriter at the moment, so if anyone can help, PLEASE DO. I am especially in need of a spriter who can make me an old looking lighthouse, so if you think you can help please don't be shy.

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
    Years
  • Yes he's very good. Goto the channel kuronekkusu25 on youtube. I can script 4 u when I have time. If you want to see an example of my work search for the user oddigem on photobucket. I'm on my Wii so I can't post a link atm.

Corrosion

Support Pokemon Amber!
    Years
  • That would be great if you could do a bit of scripting- it looks pretty neat. Is there anything I could do for you in return? (Region maps, graphics outside spriting, mapping, story etc?)

Updated Sallust. Building in the bottom right is not finished- in time it will become the train station in Sallust linking to Twyford and Daqar.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    Well, sorry for the long delay XD. The reason was I took the time learning how to do map scripts so that I could improve the script. Hopefully it will work.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • Why is the textbox blurred? Other than that, this game has seriously gotten into production.
    I think you should start adding scripts and showing some screens, considering how many maps you've done. Plus, work on your story a bit more and this will be VERY nice. I think your maps need a bit more organisation aswell, but not too much.

Good luck.

Corrosion

Support Pokemon Amber!
    Years
  • @ adiktus: That's great! Can we see it? I have a question for you as well- will you be switching over to XSE if it proves better?

@ CheesePeow- It's going to fade into the background using semi transparencies. I haven't shown that here because... I'm lazy. Figures.
    Scripts are going to be coming in soon, courtesy of adiktus and maybe megiddo. As screens are not really a prerequisite for making a topic here I haven't put any in (On top of that no scripts, but meh). In around eight weeks I am going to be moving over to the Showcase, so then i'll show some screens.
    As for the story I have written one out on paper, but I have quite a few question marks (e.g. where shall I put X legendary). Tell me how you think I should expand it and I'll get onto it.
    Oh, and what do you mean by organization?
    Cheers.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Wow, this hack looks awesome! You've really worked hard on it. If you want, I can help with some scripting and tile inserting. You're mapping is really good too btw.

EDIT: Oh and also I can help with inserting the text boxes, bags, sprites etc. but I don't think translucency is possible in rom hacks.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    Wow its been a long time since I've logged on.. Any updates yet?

Corrosion

Support Pokemon Amber!
    Years
  • @dshayabusa- Thanks! If you can help please do. I think that translucency is possible, though if it requires a good deal of ASM or else then I would not deem it to be worth the hassle. So yes, please do jump in on the bandwagon. What I need you to do first would be to insert some icy/snowy tiles into an unused tileset on the ROM. I may not be able to do it now, as in about an hour or two I'm off to London, and then back to school, but if I got the supplies to you, would you be able to do that? Thanks.

P.S. Have you inserted a bag before? I was wondering about the animation- is it difficult to change?

@adiktus- None at the moment I am afraid. Is there anything I can help you with concerning scripting?

EDIT: Love the script. If you can get those kinks worked out, it will be fantastic. Do you want me to send you the ROM to work with?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    I didn't see your post about XSE. I tried it. All I can say is... WOW. I've been scripting via pokescript all this time. I tried to view the script of the rival.. the app freezes >.<. Thus, I was having problems with May's starting pokemon. With XSE, poof.. I found the variables. Rival's pokemon varies with the Player's. ^^

So yeah, I'll get familiar with XSE then I will shift to it sometime. (hope you DID want me to shift to it)

Yeah, please send me the rom.

Corrosion

Support Pokemon Amber!
    Years
  • Are you free on the weekend? I have the weekend off, but until then I'm back at school. I've been using XSE too and it's going pretty positively. Hopefully within a week's time the explorer ROM will be ready.
    I'll send you the ROM on Saturday; I can't really do it now, sorry.

Arcknight316

left pc
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2008
    For a game that doesn't have any releases yet, this is looking INCREDIBLE. I mean, your maps are huge and INCREDIBLE, and your story......well, if you expanded on it, I bet that you'd actually be able to successfully make it into a book (not that anyone would actually do that, lol). I can't wait for a release, those are the best screenies I've ever seen for ANY Pokemon hack.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    Yeah. I'm free friday morning to sunday morning. Will wait for the rom... Send it to my email then?

And I almost forgot. Your plans for the first batch of scripting.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Nice looking maps! My only concern is that the maps seem a bit too complicated. What I mean is that they may be a bit too hard for first time (or even veteran) Pokemon players to navigate. For example, your map called Murano includes a small town with many hills and a bridge. While it's very interesting, it has some unnecessarily complicated ways to get through the town, like the many stairs on the hills. Interesting layouts can be cool, but it's important to remember that you are making a map that is supposed to be easily playable.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Could you send me the icy tiles and the rom patch? About the bag, I haven't tried it yet but I don't think it'll be any different from inserting normal sprites as the animation is not made by the sprites. I will need you to send me the bag with each pocket opening otherwise there will be no animation.

Corrosion

Support Pokemon Amber!
    Years
  • Right, quite a lot of feedback so I better get to the grindstone...

@Arcknight316 - I'm... flattered! I don't really know what else to say, though I'm sure I don't deserve such credit. Thanks, and hang on- adiktus is at work. We'll have a ROM for you to fiddle with in no time.

@adiktus - I'll send you the ROM. I've kept you waiting for a while, so sorry. I have the weekend off on Saturday to Sunday, so maybe we could have a chat- do you use MSN Messenger?
    As for the plans... I have about three things that I think we could probably munch through for a while... The first is editing the script you've already done (Its pretty much perfect, but it just needs adaptation).

The second thing I think is needed is the "Oak's Parcel" script. Do you have a suggestion? I really want the player to go to Jigoku rather than press on upwards to Route 137 and Sallust. I was thinking that maybe he could deliver a parcel/item to a person in Jigoku (maybe this item could appear later as well). The way up to Route 137 would be blocked and would be unblocked after completing the task.

The third and final thing I would like to consider is the new building in Sallust, which will be the Bullet Train (or some other kind of train- I have to say though the bullet trains in Japan are very cool). I saw the Airport script in this forum not to long ago- though this was in pokescript I'm sure you might be able to think of something that uses that.

Anyways i'll send the file; if you don't have your E-Mail address on your account page I'll PM you...

@fortunato - I can understand where you are coming from and I think that is legitimate. I can honestly not say whether I think it will be too complicated or not as I've never played on Murano (or for that matter anywhere apart from Yamabukiiro). However, I'm sure you're thinking you'll be playing and "Oh No! Which way do I go?!? I understand, but I think its irrational. When scripts are inserted there will be various people blocking the way, objectives that lead you away etc. So I think you'll be safe, though If I'm playing and get lost (or indeed the vast majority when playing get lost), please take the opportunity to have a good smug laugh to yourself.

@MugenPlaya - Cheers. Sit tight for the weekend. I'm hoping to make some serious progress.

@dshayabusa - Right. I'll do that on Saturday, probably around 2 PM GMT I'll get the Icy Tiles (I'll be taking them from the ROM base on PHO and giving the necessary credit, I think). About the bag, I will have made separate frames anyways, so yeah, I will be able to produce that. I'll get round to that at some point, though I'm not treating it as a top priority at the moment. But cheers, I'll get back to you.

Oh, and I'll make a better banner for you, adiktus.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    Alright.. a little problem... Not with the scripts though, I can do them.

I think my hotmail account was expired when you sent the mail. I reactivated it but I may not receive your mail... >.< sorry... Could you send it again? :}

For the airplane script, yeah I saw it as well. I'll look for it now.

I'll be available in 13 hours from the time of this post. Yeah, msn. I'll be waiting.

Corrosion

Support Pokemon Amber!
    Years
  • I tried to send it the first time, but Gmail decided to give up. It should be through now- if you have another e-mail you would rather I would contact you through send me a PM.

Back